ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5-year address history

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: 5-year address history

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:44 am

Dancull wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:19 am
Hi All,

It has been a while unfortunately still nothing.

My partner (EU citizen with EUSS) and I were planning to get married at the end of June.

Will it be better to put it on hold as well as purchase a property?

Ideally, I don't want to give them more reasons to delay the application any further. :(

Getting married or purchasing a property would have zero effect on a citizenship application. Go ahead and congratulations, don't let the HO have more control on your life than they impose on you already.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:55 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:44 am
Dancull wrote:
Hi All,

My partner (EU citizen with EUSS) and I were planning to get married at the end of June.

Ideally, I don't want to give them more reasons to delay the application any further. :(

Getting married or purchasing a property would have zero effect on a citizenship application. Go ahead and congratulations, don't let the HO have more control on your life than they impose on you already.
Thank you for those supportive words contorted_svy! It was just me getting paranoid.

thunderbird0910
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by thunderbird0910 » Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:57 am

Look out for post. I had applied similar time as yours and was also asked for the 5-Year address history and my approval came in post this week

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:59 am

thunderbird0910 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:57 am
Look out for post. I had applied similar time as yours and was also asked for the 5-Year address history and my approval came in post this week
Congrats! I will keep an eye on post too. thank you for the advise!

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:07 pm

Dancull wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:55 am
contorted_svy wrote:
Dancull wrote:
Hi All,

Thank you for those supportive words contorted_svy! It was just me getting paranoid.

It Is unfortunately a long and annoying wait, so it can happen. I was getting anxious waiting for my own outcome so I can relate, though I was lucky and my wait was shorter. Next time you chase make sure you highlight your alias as that may be a factor that is holding up your application.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:17 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:07 pm
Dancull wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:55 am
contorted_svy wrote:
Dancull wrote:
Hi All,

It Is unfortunately a long and annoying wait, so it can happen. I was getting anxious waiting for my own outcome so I can relate, though I was lucky and my wait was shorter. Next time you chase make sure you highlight your alias as that may be a factor that is holding up your application.
Thanks for the advice and for sharing your experience, would you mind going into a bit more detail about highlighting my alias? I have only used it for employment purposes and my employment started only a year ago. It was just my legal name hard to pronounce so I used to preferred name in the office (the English name my friends call me)
Last edited by Dancull on Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:21 pm

Next time you follow up with UKVI expressly state that in the last year you have used an alias, and what it is, that your formal name is what you declared in your application but you are (informally) known with this alias too, and refer to the docs you submitted (possibly attach them again).

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:29 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:21 pm
Next time you follow up with UKVI expressly state that in the last year you have used an alias, and what it is, that your formal name is what you declared in your application but you are (informally) known with this alias too, and refer to the docs you submitted (possibly attach them again).
Thanks contorted_svy,

what I submitted were

my employment contract, my name is stated as (Preferred name + Full Legal name)
Payslip (Preferred name + Surname) which includes my national insurance number

and to build the connection

I submitted the page from HMRC which has my name, address, DOB and national insurance number stated.

and the company has a copy of my BRP card and right-to-work page which all are in my legal name

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:46 pm

No matter what the company has. I would just make sure to tell UKVI about your alias explicitly rather than expect them to make the connection from the docs you sent.

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:50 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:46 pm
No matter what the company has. I would just make sure to tell UKVI about your alias explicitly rather than expect them to make the connection from the docs you sent.
Appreciate the advice! I will send another chaser email next week this time will go from the perspective you mentioned!

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:47 am

I have involved MP and attached SAR.

MP received the reply that the enquiries are still ongoing etc. It will be the 8th month tomorrow.

Not sure if it is coincidental, but all my applications have started the process very late.

My SAR showed that the delayed ILR application wasn't even looked at after 5 months and the citizenship application only started after 4 months from the submission date.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:02 am

It probably is a coincidence, though I understand it is very annoying. Have you received an answer to your complaint?

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:40 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:02 am
It probably is a coincidence, though I understand it is very annoying. Have you received an answer to your complaint?
I really hope it is a coincidence.

No,I haven't received the answer from the complaint yet. it is due in two weeks. I have also highlighted this is the second time they failed their service standard in the complaint.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:57 am

Once they reply, you will be able to ask for a formal review. Not a great consolation I realise, but you can at least start escalating.

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Wed Jul 17, 2024 11:05 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:57 am
Once they reply, you will be able to ask for a formal review. Not a great consolation I realise, but you can at least start escalating.
Thank you contorted_svy, I will update here when I hear anything. doing my best to carry the day as normal!

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Wed Jul 24, 2024 2:51 pm

I have received the latest SAR dated 19/07/2024

Compared to the last one

the case stage has changed from "in consideration" to "Further action in progress"

on 20th May 2024, AC2 check completed (no objection)
On 7th July 2024, PNC checked (no match).
On 11th July 2024, Further Action Requested (Reason: AC2 showing FAR) with a deadline of 08/08/2024

At least it is progressing, still not sure what caused the delay.

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:52 am

Hi all,

How can I chase up on the complaint? It has been more than 20 working days I have not yet received a reply to the initial complaint.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Aug 06, 2024 9:27 pm

You can email them again, but they will send you a boilerplate reply that they are late on processing your complaint.

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Wed Aug 07, 2024 9:34 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2024 9:27 pm
You can email them again, but they will send you a boilerplate reply that they are late on processing your complaint.
Thank you!

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Mon Aug 19, 2024 2:04 pm

Hi all,

Customer Operations Support Services replied to me on behalf of Home Secretary, pretty much standard email like checks are ongoing etc, and still not heard back from complaint team (it has been 25+ working days).

Not sure what can I do now, the case has been pending for 9 months.:(

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Aug 19, 2024 2:17 pm

You need to get a review of your complaint first, then you can escalate to the IEC. sadly no other way forward.

hirennc
Newly Registered
India

Post by hirennc » Mon Aug 19, 2024 5:37 pm

Hi For residency proof for 5 years after ILR. Passport with all stamps is sufficient right. There are many places where people have mentioned about P60 and council tax bills etc..

Is my understanding correct that the other documents are only required if passport are not stamped.

Thank you for your answer.

Regards,

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Aug 19, 2024 5:39 pm

Your understanding is correct/
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

hirennc
Newly Registered
India

Post by hirennc » Mon Aug 19, 2024 5:40 pm

Thank you for a super quick response.

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Tue Aug 20, 2024 9:52 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2024 2:17 pm
You need to get a review of your complaint first, then you can escalate to the IEC. sadly no other way forward.
Thank you contorted_svy, it really feels like trap in a dead end loop :(