ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Kids born in india but 10 years continuous stay - mother is ILR on 10 years route, father is british passport 10yrs rout

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Kids born in india but 10 years continuous stay - mother is ILR on 10 years route, father is british passport 10yrs

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Sep 06, 2024 4:14 am

Kids consent not required.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

testingksty2010
United Kingdom

Re: Kids born in india but 10 years continuous stay - mother is ILR on 10 years route, father is british passport 10yrs

Post by testingksty2010 » Sat Sep 07, 2024 4:36 pm

Thanks Admin,

Can you please send the list of documents for AN naturalisation and also for kids?

Thanks in advance

testingksty2010
United Kingdom

Post by testingksty2010 » Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:53 pm

Kindly do the needful

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 08, 2024 9:51 am

The checklist tells you what you need as does the AN and MN1 guides.

Do some of the work, reading and research yourself rather than just expecting unpaid volunteers on the forum to spoonfeed for every single query, many covered multiple times on the forum!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

testingksty2010
United Kingdom

Post by testingksty2010 » Mon Sep 09, 2024 12:53 pm

Hi Admin,

In the application of AN for my wife, i have added 2 under 18 children at the end

Children are born in india and completed 10 years continuous residence in uk but they dont have ILR. Mother is ILR and father is British passport. i have one small doubt in the last question

KIDS Application section
Personal information section
Choose which category to apply under. You are a child under 18 and: You were born outside in the UK
Are either of the parents of the child (as stated in this application) applying for naturalisation as a British citizen on an AN form? Yes
I would still like my child (as stated in this application) to be registered as a British citizen even if my own application for British citizenship is refused. Yes
Have you had settlement in the UK? No

In the above 'have you had settlement?', is this question for Child only i guess not for mother? am i correct
because the above question 'I would still like my child.....' - here asking parent parent..that's why confusion

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Sep 09, 2024 1:32 pm

Your answers are correct it seems.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

testingksty2010
United Kingdom

Post by testingksty2010 » Mon Sep 09, 2024 11:28 pm

Dear Admins,

My wife applying AN and adding 2 children's (under18, who have been staying in UK since 10 years, father is british passpot and mother ILR)

For the child section, question
Do you have any other details that you would like to be considered regarding this applicant and their application to be registered as a British Citizen?

can you please suggest any other points to be added or anything betterment to the below wording please

My daughter xxxx is 17 yrs old, has been living more than 10 years in UK. She has been to primary & secondary school here & doing A levels(13). My husband & I have established career in UK . Both Dad and my younger brother are British citizens and am ILR, applying Naturalization with this application. We all make UK as our main home. Section 6.6 supports , https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... accessible

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 10, 2024 3:14 am

testingksty2010 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 11:28 pm
Dear Admins,

My wife applying AN and adding 2 children's (under18, who have been staying in UK since 10 years, father is british passpot and mother ILR)

For the child section, question
Do you have any other details that you would like to be considered regarding this applicant and their application to be registered as a British Citizen?

can you please suggest any other points to be added or anything betterment to the below wording please

My daughter xxxx is 17 yrs old, has been living more than 10 years in UK. She has been to primary & secondary school here & doing A levels(13). My husband & I have established career in UK . Both Dad and my younger brother are British citizens and am ILR, applying Naturalization with this application. We all make UK as our main home. Section 6.6 supports , https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... accessible
We can not suggest what to write or put. Answer truthfully as it applies to the applicant’s personal circumstances. This ma not influence the outcome so quit the worry.

testingksty2010
United Kingdom

Post by testingksty2010 » Tue Sep 10, 2024 2:12 pm

Many thanks,

am applying for my wife AN and adding two under 18 children in same link

I hope the link for applying natualisation for british citizen is right?

in the downloadable uncompleted application pdf, it says below
TYPE OF VISA / APPLICATION: Apply for naturalisation as a British Citizen

just want to double check all ok without suprise in the last minute

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Sep 10, 2024 2:35 pm

That is what the form does.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Sep 10, 2024 2:58 pm

Note once the AN application is completed there is the option to add more applicants "Under 18" - note also children are registered as British not naturalised so the system will adjust to form MN1 which is for children.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

testingksty2010
United Kingdom

Post by testingksty2010 » Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:51 pm

Yes you are correct.

thankyou, small query please

MY wife already got ILR,
One of the section, in the immigration history it asks
Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?
Do i need to say yes or no because i made ILR application just last month on 13th aug 2024 and given biometrics.
it asks the below questions if Yes
Name in which you made the application?
Date? Enter your reference number
Enter your reference number if known
Was this application made in the UK?
Were your fingerprints taken as part of this application?

Do i need to answer Yes for have you made in previous UK immigration application question and give the above details?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:59 pm

Of course you do, not just for ILR, but for ALL immigration applications, including visas.

testingksty2010
United Kingdom

Post by testingksty2010 » Tue Sep 10, 2024 8:08 pm

Thankyou,

when i open my submitted AN application in 2022, i given answer No for that question and the application approved

i guess if we can give only last one (ILR for my wife details in 2024 aug) that would be fine rather give all 10 extentions since 2014. because they given ILR on the basis of last years 2014 immigration applications.
kindly clarify if that suffice just give only ILR details last uk immigration application rather give all previous 10 year immigration applications.?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Sep 10, 2024 8:11 pm

You are required to input all the details you know about all the applications you ever made - so try to do that at the best of your knowledge.

testingksty2010
United Kingdom

Post by testingksty2010 » Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:33 pm

THanks

i have just got copy of last ILR and previous spouse visa sample cpy and reference number. but have BRP cards

can i just give last ILR and previous spouse visa application reference as i dont have old details with me except brp softcopies.

Thanks

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Sep 11, 2024 7:39 am

You have to provide all the details you remember, so add in all you have. It is only to check their records are complete.

testingksty2010
United Kingdom

Post by testingksty2010 » Wed Sep 11, 2024 5:54 pm

Thanks

I have added children at the end of my wife AN application for their registration. Kids not ilr but staying 10nyears and both parents settled.
Actually for kids, the application not asking immigration details which I feel very important as am applying for then 10 years long residency staying and both parents settled.
In applications there is no mention of absences (outside Uk gaps) questions for children
1. if there is no question, How HO know they r continuously staying.
2. likewise mom, they are not asking previous immigration details like home office reference details
Not sure why they didn't ask.
They would have ask as it gives clear details of last 10 years details
I have all BRP soft copies which I will upload anyway

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Sep 11, 2024 6:58 pm

Provide what you are asked. You will upload copies of their passports which will show when they left/returned.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Sep 11, 2024 7:01 pm

The document and data requirements for MN1 child registration are minimal, less than for adult naturalisation. You are free to load more documents, if you think it's necessary. Caseworkers will know what they are looking for.

testingksty2010
United Kingdom

Post by testingksty2010 » Wed Sep 11, 2024 9:14 pm

Thank admin,

Date of Marriage - 2005
My ILR on long residence - 2020 on 10 year long residence
Iam British passport - 2022
spouse is ILR - aug 2024 on 10 year long residence
Children under 18 = staying 10years + in UK (not ILR yet). currently visa valid till 2026 on dependt visa

Currently applying british citizen AN for wife + 2 children on section 6.6

There is a below question for each applicant at various stages

Do you have any other details that you would like to be considered regarding this applicant and their
application to be registered as a British Citizen?
I said yes for 2 children and given justification (as they are not ILR and its discretion section 6.6)
for my wife its straightforward(spouse of british citizen and she already got ILR),
Question 1) do i need to still give Yes and give the below reason for better to have or shall i answer No ?

I lived in the UK for more than ten years. We have family of 5. My husband and 3 children. Husband &
youngest kid are of British Nationality. My elder studying her year 13 in a school (A levels) where as
my other daughter has been studying here since her birth. She is doing year 6 now. We (mom and dad)
have established careers in UK. Iam ILR and applying Naturalization with this application. We all
consider the UK to be our primary home and we have tight ties to it make UK as our main home

Question 2) i said yes to 2 children and explain the reason as below as am applying under discretion
, please suggest is it in correct way of writing for children or any information to be written.
am writing truth information as per facts and current situation.

Section 6.6 supports , https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... yguidance/
registration-as-british-citizen-childrenaccessible
xxxx is 17 yrs living more than 10 years in UK. Parents are settled. Father is British Citizen and mother is ILR and applying Naturalisation. xxxx has been to Primary & Secondary schools in UK and
currently year 13. Brother is British Nationality . Both brother & sister has been studying in UK since their
birth. We all make as UK as our main home as we have strong ties.

testingksty2010
United Kingdom

Post by testingksty2010 » Thu Sep 12, 2024 9:10 am

Kindly reply, am about to submit

testingksty2010
United Kingdom

Post by testingksty2010 » Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:31 am

Thanks Admins,
small query

regarding Tax office reference number question in the AN application
, my wife has joined on april 1 2024 from other employeer. No P60 or P45
in the current payslip, there is only tax code, no pay reference number

Current employer provided PAYEE reference number and say its also called as tax reference number.

the code is below
PAYE XXX/VEXXXXX

X stands for numbers

so is payee reference number and tax office reference number both same.

testingksty2010
United Kingdom

Post by testingksty2010 » Thu Sep 12, 2024 12:39 pm

testingksty2010 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2024 9:14 pm
Thank admin,

Date of Marriage - 2005
My ILR on long residence - 2020 on 10 year long residence
Iam British passport - 2022
spouse is ILR - aug 2024 on 10 year long residence
Children under 18 = staying 10years + in UK (not ILR yet). currently visa valid till 2026 on dependt visa

Currently applying british citizen AN for wife + 2 children on section 6.6

There is a below question for each applicant at various stages

Do you have any other details that you would like to be considered regarding this applicant and their
application to be registered as a British Citizen?
I said yes for 2 children and given justification (as they are not ILR and its discretion section 6.6)
for my wife its straightforward(spouse of british citizen and she already got ILR),
Question 1) do i need to still give Yes and give the below reason for better to have or shall i answer No ?

I lived in the UK for more than ten years. We have family of 5. My husband and 3 children. Husband &
youngest kid are of British Nationality. My elder studying her year 13 in a school (A levels) where as
my other daughter has been studying here since her birth. She is doing year 6 now. We (mom and dad)
have established careers in UK. Iam ILR and applying Naturalization with this application. We all
consider the UK to be our primary home and we have tight ties to it make UK as our main home

Question 2) i said yes to 2 children and explain the reason as below as am applying under discretion
, please suggest is it in correct way of writing for children or any information to be written.
am writing truth information as per facts and current situation.

Section 6.6 supports , https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... yguidance/
registration-as-british-citizen-childrenaccessible
xxxx is 17 yrs living more than 10 years in UK. Parents are settled. Father is British Citizen and mother is ILR and applying Naturalisation. xxxx has been to Primary & Secondary schools in UK and
currently year 13. Brother is British Nationality . Both brother & sister has been studying in UK since their
birth. We all make as UK as our main home as we have strong ties.
Please suggest, about to submit today

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Sep 12, 2024 12:44 pm

Everyone on this forum is an unpaid volunteer - as soon as someone that can help sees your query they will respond.