ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HomeOfice have got new updates on EEA1/EEA2/EEA3/EEA4 Appl

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:23 am

Bego wrote:Where did you find out these information?
The OP linked to the information in the very first message of this thread.

Bego
Newly Registered

Post by Bego » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:37 pm

[quote=The OP linked to the information in the very first message of this thread.[/quote]

Yes, I open the link an what I see is that now "we will check all applications as soon as we receive them. Unless you have completed the application form correctly and provided the necessary supporting evidence, we will not accept your application as valid under the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006." but I do not see where it says that straight ahead they will send passports back, sorry but if it says it, I do not find it

Txs

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:11 pm

Bego wrote:Yes, I open the link an what I see is that now "we will check all applications as soon as we receive them. Unless you have completed the application form correctly and provided the necessary supporting evidence, we will not accept your application as valid under the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006." but I do not see where it says that straight ahead they will send passports back, sorry but if it says it, I do not find it
And if you follow the link given in this document you may end up just here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... plication/

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:58 am

86ti wrote:
Bego wrote:Yes, I open the link an what I see is that now "we will check all applications as soon as we receive them. Unless you have completed the application form correctly and provided the necessary supporting evidence, we will not accept your application as valid under the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006." but I do not see where it says that straight ahead they will send passports back, sorry but if it says it, I do not find it
And if you follow the link given in this document you may end up just here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... plication/
You are right 86ti, sorry I have been away for while from this forum as was messed up with other stuff. But here is a little update on my application. After complaining to my local MP and a written complaint to HO I recieved the response from both of them within a week. Called HO a week after and was told that my application has been processed and waiting to get stamped and posted. Now it has been two weeks but no news yet.

Any one with similar experience?
KESH

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:26 pm

Has anyone got an idea of what happens when you apply for EEA1 in person? does one go through an interview or its a mere submission of the application with the required documents? My Sis, a Swedish national would like to apply for EEA1 in person as a self sufficient person or a job seeker.Reason is, she is not willing to wait for months.
Relax! and this too shall pass, secrets are like seasons, they change.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:39 pm

DFDS. wrote:Has anyone got an idea of what happens when you apply for EEA1 in person? does one go through an interview or its a mere submission of the application with the required documents? My Sis, a Swedish national would like to apply for EEA1 in person as a self sufficient person or a job seeker.Reason is, she is not willing to wait for months.
She can just pop in to the Home Office with the required documents and get it there and then. If she post it, it will take a while
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:37 pm

DFDS. wrote:My Sis, a Swedish national would like to apply for EEA1 in person as a self sufficient person or a job seeker.
I am curious. Why does she want the certificate?

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:29 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
DFDS. wrote:My Sis, a Swedish national would like to apply for EEA1 in person as a self sufficient person or a job seeker.
I am curious. Why does she want the certificate?
Directive/2004/38/EC you do reserve your rights for being curious in this matter, but its her rights as well to have one.Isn't this what the Directive say, that after 3months of stay, you have to apply for one? I may guess what your curiosty is all about, but am sorry this time you are wrong!

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:42 pm

DFDS. wrote:Directive/2004/38/EC you do reserve your rights for being curious in this matter, but its her rights as well to have one.Isn't this what the Directive say, that after 3months of stay, you have to apply for one? I may guess what your curiosty is all about, but am sorry this time you are wrong!
Why?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:04 pm

DFDS. wrote:Directive/2004/38/EC you do reserve your rights for being curious in this matter, but its her rights as well to have one.Isn't this what the Directive say, that after 3months of stay, you have to apply for one? I may guess what your curiosty is all about, but am sorry this time you are wrong!
It is definitely her right to have one. I have zero problem with that, but I was curious why she would want one. Seems like a lot of effort (dealing with the slow Home Office!) to get something which does not really end up being worth much in UK (you can just present your European ID card or passport). So I was curious about what, if any, benefit she might perceive in having one.

Sorry, in this case you are wrong. You clearly do not know what my curiosity is about…

(It does make me wonder what you thought I meant, but that is not something worth discussing here).

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:04 pm

benifa wrote:
Why?
Why what?

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:10 pm

DFDS. wrote:
benifa wrote:
Why?
Why what?
See Directive's reply.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.