ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Registration Success (MN1) For Child Born in Uk

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:26 pm

yhdyhd wrote:hi f2k,
For kid's passport application, have you provided the parent's foreign passport except child's birth cetificate and registration certificate of citizenship? When I made enquiry to IPS, they advised to provide registration certificate of citizenship and parent's passport wtih ILR.
No i did not provide any passports of either myself or my spouse. Just the Registration certificate and the birth certificate.

I think you need to provide passport if applying when child is 'already british citizen due to the fact they were born when you had ILR

faz123

Post by faz123 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:31 pm

John wrote:I think it is worth going back to the policy document that UKBA issued in response to the HSMP Forum case ..... click here. In particular if we look at point 16 :-
Migrants who make a successful ILR application will also be considered to have first obtained ILR from when they had completed four years qualifying residence for the purposes of any subsequent citizenship application.
faz123, your two children, were they born before or after the date of your ILR, as retrospectively granted?
No I applied using MN1 form under section 1(3) as both my children were born before I got ILR. I got ILR on the 9th of June and completed my 4 years on 29th June. So there was no retrospective element to my application.
Faz

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:36 pm

faz123, thanks for that information. And great, clearly UKBA are now up-to-speed dealing with HSMP Forum cases.
John

Steve Maar
Newly Registered

Post by Steve Maar » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:32 pm

Excuse me guys, may you please clarify why you are registering your children separately? Is it not better and cheaper to register the children at the same as you apply for Naturalisation (assuming that you want to naturalise)? Am I missing something?

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:30 pm

Steve Maar wrote:Excuse me guys, may you please clarify why you are registering your children separately? Is it not better and cheaper to register the children at the same as you apply for Naturalisation (assuming that you want to naturalise)? Am I missing something?
The children registration cost the same whether you do it now or at the same time as naturalisation. For these applications (registration for children born in UK) i think the application is simple enough anyway so why not do it sooner rather than later.

Steve Maar
Newly Registered

Post by Steve Maar » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:02 am

Excuse me again guys. I now realise that I need help on the following:-

1. Can I apply for registration for both my children now (one born in UK and the other born abroad) on one MN1 form? The UKBA website says registration is at their discretion in relation to my child born abroad, but has been here for just over five years and has ILR just like me. Should I apply now or wait till I become naturalised?

2. What is the chance of my child born abroad who has ILR getting registered as a British citizen (at their discretion) if I submit one application as stated in 1 above?

Thank you in advance.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:29 am

Using your numbering :-
  1. You need a separate form MN1 for each child, but it is very much cheaper submitting both MN1 forms at the same time. You can either submit all the forms together, AN and MN1, or submit the MN1s after you have your BC.
  2. At discretion for the non-UK born child? Yes of course, but so is your Naturalisation application. In practice if your Naturalisation application is granted, so will your child's Registration application.
Unless your Naturalisation application is problematic, and why would that be, I would submit all the forms at the same time. Why? Because that would mean that all the certificates will be presented at the same Citizenship Ceremony. I don't know how old your children are, but for my step-daughter, now 14, being presented with her Certificate of Registration by Birmingham's Lord Mayor, when just 9, is still classed as a big occasion in her life.
John

Steve Maar
Newly Registered

Post by Steve Maar » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:26 am

Thank you John. I will submit the AN and the two MN1 forms at the same time.

Thank you and keep up the good work!

eric79

Re: successful MN1 application timeline

Post by eric79 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:26 pm

faz123 wrote:NCS or Postal: NCS Sutton
Date of submission or posting: 2nd July 2009
CRITERIA: 2 children born in the UK MN1 after parents obtained ILR on 29th June 2009 under HSMP JR
Date of receipt of Application @ HO: 7th July 2009
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 7th July 2009
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 9th July 2009
Date of receipt of approval: 30th July 2009 (Dated 22nd July & 24th July)
Date of appln. for passport: Waiting
Passport received: Waiting

Faz
i just submit on 03 /08 /09 hope it will take few weeks 2 or 3 to get the registration certificate for my son born in uk before i got my permenent residence

anitha appukuttan
Newly Registered

Post by anitha appukuttan » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:15 am

Hi All,
I am pleased to inform that my daughters certificate has just arrived.

ILR Granted on 2nd July 2009
MN1 submitted at NCS on 21st July 2009
MN1 payment debited on 31st July 2009
Certificate received on 7th Aug 2009

I must admit that going through NCS is worth it, also the timelines are quite quick.

Cheers,
Anitha

eric79

Post by eric79 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:10 pm

anitha appukuttan wrote:Hi All,

I must admit that going through NCS is worth it, also the timelines are quite quick.

Cheers,
Anitha
congratulation for your little one certificate.
mine. NCS 03 august 09. card debited 06 august 09, waiting for approval

hsmpaug06
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpaug06 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:38 pm

Hi
I would really apperciate if any senior member help me on this.
My Baby and my wife have got HSMP Dependant visa till sep 2011 and they are flying to india next week,is there anything else they need except passport and valid uk visa to return.?My baby is two year old and her picture is seems to be too old.kindly anybody?

eric79

Post by eric79 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:26 pm

eric79 wrote:
anitha appukuttan wrote:Hi All,

Cheers,
Anitha
congratulation for your little one certificate.
mine. NCS 03 august 09. card debited 06 august 09, waiting for approval
hi again just want to ask if the letter came with special delivery or signed for. and also want to ask if it came in your name or your child name . many thanks

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:38 pm

eric79 wrote: hi again just want to ask if the letter came with special delivery or signed for. and also want to ask if it came in your name or your child name . many thanks

Letter comes in regular post. I cant remember now but i think it was in childs name

eric79

Post by eric79 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:05 am

f2k wrote:
eric79 wrote: hi again just want to ask if the letter came with special delivery or signed for. and also want to ask if it came in your name or your child name . many thanks

Letter comes in regular post. I cant remember now but i think it was in childs name
thanks for your response. so iam still waiting i got the knowlege letter from uk border agency on monday 10 s it came with the child name. still waiting for the decision . thx again

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:40 pm

John wrote:I think it is worth going back to the policy document that UKBA issued in response to the HSMP Forum case ..... click here. In particular if we look at point 16 :-
Migrants who make a successful ILR application will also be considered to have first obtained ILR from when they had completed four years qualifying residence for the purposes of any subsequent citizenship application.
faz123, your two children, were they born before or after the date of your ILR, as retrospectively granted?
See also Child Passport application (ILR JR Ruling) success.
Last edited by vinny on Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

th

Post by th » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:08 pm

Done my ILR for my wife and myself. Didn't submit for my son for ILR. The caseworker had checked the system and asked me why I didn't apply the ILR for him as she can see him having the dependent visa already. I had explained to her that my intention is to register him using NM1 after getting my ILR. She then said something about the "potential" issue I may have in the future, and it's only additional £50 now if adding him to the ILR application at the same time. However I don't think it is needed so I had asked her second/third time what the problem can be but she didn't explain further. Interestingly she did actually write down the reason why I am refusing to apply ILR for my son in the same application in the caseworking note. Not sure why but based on all the postings I had seen so far, I don't really believe there would be any problem. I would be interested to know why HO is "recommending" the applicants to do so.

aaanjoo

Post by aaanjoo » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:43 pm

Hello All,
Just need a clarification, whats the benefit of applying through NCS apart from the fact that one doesnt need to send original documents.

In my case I dont have time to go to NCS on a working day. I have already completed MN1 (now waiting for referees - Child born in the UK and under 4 years of age) and I am goign to submit all originals along with passports.

tymo
Newly Registered

Post by tymo » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:08 pm

Just received british citizen certificates for my two daughters....both born in UK. HSMP JR (ILR) received 24th July

NCS on 4th august
card debitted 7th August
acknowledgement letter received 13th august
certificate received today 14th august

eric79

Post by eric79 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:48 am

tymo wrote:Just received british citizen certificates for my two daughters....both born in UK. HSMP JR (ILR) received 24th July

NCS on 4th august
card debitted 7th August
acknowledgement letter received 13th august
certificate received today 14th august
congratulation your application was fast. lucky you

bbkaran

Post by bbkaran » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:21 am

Thanks for making this thread sticky.

I read this thread in full and I like confirmation please. We, family of three, got ILR last month. Our first daughter is non-uk born and is included in ILR. Our second daughter was born last week in UK.

1) My understanding is that I can apply for Passport for our second daughter directly. No need to register as British Citizen. Is this right? If so, what form and to where?

2) Our first daughter is nine year old and non-uk born. She could stay on ILR and becomes naturalised when we decided to. In case the parents do not want to be British citizens next year, is there anything we could do for her so that she will become British citizen?

Could someone please confirm/comment?

Thanks
bbkaran
[Moderator Edit: No advertising]

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:36 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

bbkaran

Post by bbkaran » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:09 pm

Thanks Vinny,

I just called IPS at 0300 222 0000.
The lady on the phone suggested that I should register the child as British Citizen before applying for Passport. I tried to fill the online appication form hoping that there will be a space for this. Unfortunately, it only has space for nationalities of parents and grandparents of the child. Has anyone in this forum done this? May be there are more relvant threads somewhere in this forum?

Fo completeness:

We have ILR issued in July and the child was born last week. I am trying to apply for British Passport without having to fill in MN1 form.
[Moderator Edit: No advertising]

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:38 pm

bbkaran wrote:

Thanks Vinny,

The lady on the phone suggested that I should register the child as British Citizen before applying for Passport. I tried to fill the online appication form hoping that there will be a space for this. Unfortunately, it only has space for nationalities of parents and grandparents of the child. Has anyone in this forum done this? May be there are more relvant threads somewhere in this forum?

Fo completeness:

We have ILR issued in July and the child was born last week. I am trying to apply for British Passport without having to fill in MN1 form.
If child was born in the UK after a parent has ILR, then child is already automatically British (1(1)(b)).

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:21 pm

bbkaran wrote:

Thanks Vinny,

Fo completeness:

Congrats on your new baby.
As Vinny has already said in the links provided, the child born after you had ILR is already British. There is no need to register infact when you try to register your child one of the first things they check is that person is not already British, if British they will send everything back to you to tell you that they are. I believe you will get your application fee back but it will be a waste of waiting time. http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary section 8.4
I would suggest you go to the post office and ask for the passport application form once you you have a list of the documents required to apply for passport you will find it is pretty much straight forward.