ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Visa Rejected Due to absence of Bank Logo

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:28 am

First things it is not "average balance" you should be maintaining. It has to be a total/combined sum you should maintain. This combined sum of all your three bank should never go below the required maintenane funds.

I haven't went through all your figures of your table, but this looks fine to me except it should be total funds (A+B+C). You can provide this as addditinal excel sheet as a part of your maintenance fund cover letter(as checklist for caseworker to tick the boxes).

Actually, I used two separate kind of cover letters. One at the state of my file(explaining on high level as what case worker is about to see) and second cover letter was for individual section to explain things for each section/points claimed/evidence submitted etc.

You can use any format. Choose a way in which you can explain things in most concise and better way. Any format is fine as far as it convey the message clearly. :-)

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:48 am

chetanojha wrote:First things it is not "average balance" you should be maintaining. It has to be a total/combined sum you should maintain. This combined sum of all your three bank should never go below the required maintenane funds.

I haven't went through all your figures of your table, but this looks fine to me except it should be total funds (A+B+C). You can provide this as addditinal excel sheet as a part of your maintenance fund cover letter(as checklist for caseworker to tick the boxes).

Actually, I used two separate kind of cover letters. One at the state of my file(explaining on high level as what case worker is about to see) and second cover letter was for individual section to explain things for each section/points claimed/evidence submitted etc.

You can use any format. Choose a way in which you can explain things in most concise and better way. Any format is fine as far as it convey the message clearly. :-)
I'll use term "combined sum" instead of "Average balance". The combined sum has never went below GBP 2800. The min was GBP 2833 at the rate of 80 while today's rate is 79.20. I hope it will come down more till Tuesday.

Anyway, please have a look at my letters if you can and suggest me more. If possible, please post your cover letters also. Thanks.

amsey1382
Newly Registered

Post by amsey1382 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:02 pm

krishna6693 wrote:Akash

I would like to apply for an administrative review of decision taken in respect of my application and like to highlight that the evidence supplied by me met the specifications provided in the PBS Tier-1 Guidance notes as applicable on the date of the application.

With regards to the Bank Statement provided in support of the maintenance funds criteria, my Bank XXX, XXX branch furnished a printout of transactions covering 3 months starting XXX ending XXX.

The statement was provided by the bank and carried stamp and signature of the Bank official authorities.

Please note that the format of the statements and the information contained therein conform to every requirement mentioned in the PBS guidance notes. It is clear that if an applicant provides bank statements which are provided by bank and stamped by the bank, the applicant is not required to provide a supporting letter from the bank. Apparently, the case worker did not consider the evidence in line with the aforementioned guidance note and rejected my application in error.

I requested XXX bank to issue the statement and the statement provided to me by the bank was their standard procedure of providing account statements and it bears the signature and seal of the bank authorities. To support my claim, I have included a letter from bank stating the statement (from XXX to XXX) submitted to VFS on XXX is an official document produced by bank for me and is it is not an internet copy.
Are you not submitting the new statements with logo as an additional document with thei Administrative review?

Cheers

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:41 pm

amsey1382 wrote:
krishna6693 wrote:Akash

I would like to apply for an administrative review of decision taken in respect of my application and like to highlight that the evidence supplied by me met the specifications provided in the PBS Tier-1 Guidance notes as applicable on the date of the application.

With regards to the Bank Statement provided in support of the maintenance funds criteria, my Bank XXX, XXX branch furnished a printout of transactions covering 3 months starting XXX ending XXX.

The statement was provided by the bank and carried stamp and signature of the Bank official authorities.

Please note that the format of the statements and the information contained therein conform to every requirement mentioned in the PBS guidance notes. It is clear that if an applicant provides bank statements which are provided by bank and stamped by the bank, the applicant is not required to provide a supporting letter from the bank. Apparently, the case worker did not consider the evidence in line with the aforementioned guidance note and rejected my application in error.

I requested XXX bank to issue the statement and the statement provided to me by the bank was their standard procedure of providing account statements and it bears the signature and seal of the bank authorities. To support my claim, I have included a letter from bank stating the statement (from XXX to XXX) submitted to VFS on XXX is an official document produced by bank for me and is it is not an internet copy.
Are you not submitting the new statements with logo as an additional document with thei Administrative review?

Cheers
This is strange that few caseworkers are rejecting application as they are ignorant and not that we are not providing enough document.

I think if you are providing Bank letters to support your case, you should be through.

Get the letter from the banks and go ahead. Make sure that the letters are on their letter head.

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:04 pm

Hi,

I have done some changes in my Maintenance Fund Covering Letter. Please have a look at that and suggest me further. I am going to apply on Tuesday:

Dated: XXXXXX

To
The Immigration Officer,
British Deputy High Commission,
Chennai,
India.

Sub: Application for Tier 1 (General) Highly Skilled Workers

Dear Sir/Madam,

I, Akash Shrivastava, wish to apply for entry clearance to work in the UK under ‘Tier 1 (General) - Highly Skilled Worker’ of the Points Based System (PBS). I have claimed 10 points for the maintenance funds on a

self evaluation basis using the ‘Self Assessment Tool’. I am maintaining the amount of GBP 2800 or more for last 3 months in 3 different banks as as combined sum on any given date.

I have provided the statements from those three banks for last 3 months. Out of them, one bank statement is for 12 Months as my salary is being credited into the same bank.

Following is the list of documents provided to show maintenance fund along with my application.

Attributes Points Claimed Documents Provided

Maintenance Funs 10 1. Last 3 Months Bank Statement from 3 different banks (HDFC, IDBI and ICICI)
2. Combined Sum Table from HDFC, ICICI and IDBI Banks.

As mentioend earlier, HDFC bank account is also my salary account so I am providing 12 Months statement for this account.

For your convenience, I have calculated the combined balance from all three banks together for any given date and prepared a Table for this. It will be helpful for you to see the combined balance from three bank

accounts.

My total balance has never gone below Rs. 226694.87 which is equivalent to GBP 2869 at the rate of Rs. 79.01 = 1 GBP (on application date). Hence I fullfil the requirement to maintain the Min balance of GBP 2800 or above for last

three months at any given time.

I trust the information I have provided is satisfactory, however if you have any questions or queries or require additional information do not hesitate to contact me on [+91-xxxxxxxxxx] or alternatively via email

XXXXXX.

Thanking you,

Your's Sincerely,

[AKASH SHRIVASTAVA]

hsmpeast
Newly Registered

let me know......

Post by hsmpeast » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:05 am

For salary earnings statement ...Citibank has given me statement on their standard statement of account format with bank logo and name on it but printed on dot matrix...They have also signed and stamped each page....

Is this fine for applying...when I asked them to provide a letter to authenticate they said they don't as normal practice...

Let me know...if the above is fine under guidelines.

krishna6693

Post by krishna6693 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:15 am

Not an issue..

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:43 pm

Sorry I did not update you guys here, I got Tier 1 on this 15th. I applied on 7th July from VFS Bangalore and got the passport on 15th :)

So fast and no issue or question asked :)

Regards,
Akash...

rahulkavuri

Post by rahulkavuri » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:29 am

Hi,

I am about to apply and even I am carrying all my earnings and maintenance funds in the ICICI bank account.

Can you please tell me the precautions (&letters) I need to get from ICICI bank to avoid facing reviews in case the ICICI branch is not able to issue me statements with bank logo...

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:09 am

rahulkavuri wrote:Hi,

I am about to apply and even I am carrying all my earnings and maintenance funds in the ICICI bank account.

Can you please tell me the precautions (&letters) I need to get from ICICI bank to avoid facing reviews in case the ICICI branch is not able to issue me statements with bank logo...
Hi Rahul,,
I replied to you on your another post.. Moreover, you can try other ICICI branch also as sometime if their is no printing stationary with ICICI Logo, they issue the statement on simple and plain pages... Otherwise get a letter form them on their letterhead...

amit_cris
Newly Registered

Please advise

Post by amit_cris » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:28 am

I have also got into similar situation and shall be thankful if senior members can provide some advise me on this.

-----------------------------------------
I have applied for Tier1 on 25 June .I have attached the 6 months statements ( Jan09 till June09) for Maintenance funds from ICICI bank which is taken on DOT Matrix printer on plain paper ( bank office stationary) , though it mentioned branch address and my personal details like home address and account number , but it does not carry any ICICI bank logo, however ICICI bank has put their official stamp and signed by branch manager on each page.

In addition to that i have attached 3 months ( Jan till March09) statements on original bank letter head as i received quarterely statements from bank.

I also attached letter from ICICI on their letterhead ( includes logo) which is also stamped by manager which mentioned that on 22nd June balance was xxx amount and it has never been less than XXX amount in last 6 months ( mentioning the exact dates) .

I HAVE NOT provided any letter from bank which say that they have issued the statement or statement they have issued are authentic or genuine.

Will this be sufficient to prove the genuiness of application, or there is still chances of rejection as three months statements ( April - June) are not on paper which has ICICI bank logo.

Regards
Amit

AkashS
Member of Standing

Re: Please advise

Post by AkashS » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:50 am

amit_cris wrote:I have also got into similar situation and shall be thankful if senior members can provide some advise me on this.

I have applied for Tier1 on 25 June .I have attached the 6 months statements ( Jan09 till June09) for Maintenance funds from ICICI bank which is taken on DOT Matrix printer on plain paper ( bank office stationary) , though it mentioned branch address and my personal details like home address and account number , but it does not carry any ICICI bank logo, however ICICI bank has put their official stamp and signed by branch manager on each page.

In addition to that i have attached 3 months ( Jan till March09) statements on original bank letter head as i received quarterely statements from bank.

I also attached letter from ICICI on their letterhead ( includes logo) which is also stamped by manager which mentioned that on 22nd June balance was xxx amount and it has never been less than XXX amount in last 6 months ( mentioning the exact dates) .

I HAVE NOT provided any letter from bank which say that they have issued the statement or statement they have issued are authentic or genuine.

Will this be sufficient to prove the genuiness of application, or there is still chances of rejection as three months statements ( April - June) are not on paper which has ICICI bank logo.

Regards
Amit
Hi AMit,

Pls see my previous posts for this. Summary is that your Bank statement either should have logo on that or you will need a letter from the bank on their letter head stating that they issued this statement (from date to date) on your request and the statement can be verified at any time by the bank.

So if you have provided additional letter on bank's letter head about your statement, you need not to worry. Hope this will help.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Please advise

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:17 am

amit_cris wrote:I have also got into similar situation and shall be thankful if senior members can provide some advise me on this.

Regards
Amit
Based on the highlighted section above, I think youn will be fine. Policy Guidance Page 36 states below:

iii)Letter from bank confirming funds and that they have been in the bank for at least three months:
The letter from a bank or building society should show:
•the applicant’s name;
•the account number;
•the date of the letter;
•the financial institution’s name and logo;
•the funds held in the applicant’s account
•that the funds of £2,800 or £800 have been in the bank for at least three consecutive months on and immediately before the date of the letter. The letter must be dated no more than one calendar month before the date of application.

nitin7181
Newly Registered

Post by nitin7181 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:10 am

Hi Guys,,

Have you heard anything back from HO , i need to apply fr HSMP but in similar position as yours.....i am relying on Joint account with my brother for Maintainence Fund requirement , i have letter from HDFC on letter head sayign we have maintained xxxxx balance in last 3 months and its a joint account..bt if i take printout of 3 month transactions....it only shows primary account holder(my brother name), Bank says it wll only show primary account holder name..will that be a problem ?

drhopeful

Please advise

Post by drhopeful » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:47 am

Hi Chetan, Krishna, Amsey,

I'm in a similar situation. My tier 2 visa rejected becuase of absence of logo on statements from SBI and Axis bank.
I cannot reapply because, COS cannot be reused.
Could you please tell me the outcome of admin review?
Thanks
Bharathi