ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizen, pakistani wife moving to europe

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: Non EU Spouse Visa requirements

Post by Rozen » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:41 am

Rasaf wrote:I sent an Email to the Irish Embassy in Pakistan yesterday asking for the requirements and have received a reply, quicker then I thought I would get it, 12 hours,

Here's the reply I got

Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2009 5:36 AM
To: Rasaf
Subject: Re: Visa Information

Dear Sir

you would need to provide the following documents for spouse visa

1. Passport valid for minimum 12 months
2. Clear copy of Irish/EU national's passport
3. Marriage certificate - attested copy of urdu Nikahnama and original plus attested copies of English translation
4. For recent marriages and marriages where you have not yet resided together please give full account of relationship history - when and where you met, and show evidence of this such as visas, entry/exit stamps on passport of Irish/Eu national.
5. If you got married in Pakistan you have to show your entry and exit stamps to confirm the dates on the marriage certificate

The applicant has to apply on line and send two copies of the application form , 2 phtographs on white background and two sets of the above documents. The normal visa processing time is 4 weeks

Website for applying on line is www.visas.inis.gov.ie

Visa Section
Any way good news as they are not asking for any of the other documents as mentioned on the INIS.gov.ie website.
The bad news is that the actual ECO dealing wih your application might have different ideas, and request more documentation! :wink: (Sorry. I couldn't resist!)