ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Engaged to non-national currently seeking asylum... Help plz

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:02 pm

Thank you everyone for your much needed, knowledgable advice.

It has really helped a lot, look forward to talking to you all in the near future and if anyone else has anything else to add, I will be listening with open ears.

Will update this post, when my Fiance and I are married, and will let you all know how we are getting on.

Thanks again :)
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:32 am

Bogus asylum seeker is bogus. He should be deported with haste.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:18 pm

IRISH TOM: It is none of your business, and how dare you make defamatory statements like that, you dont know me or my Fiance.

Think before you type, and please dont bother to talk to me again!!!
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:25 pm

Tom , please take it easy lad .

If you would be so kind , please check out this link and read the post by Jenny , http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=51954 .

That post shows her attitude , people with such a attitude deserve praise mate . With current mentalities dragging down the UK and Ireland (by that i mean people popping out kids then using them as tools to gain benefits) It is refreshing to see JB has a different look on life .

Hopefully that post will let you see her in a different light and bring a new positive way of looking at her .

Take care Tom and take care Jenny 8)
Please respect the sites admin and mod team . They donate time to this site for free . Let us thank them !
Tottenham Hotspur have made it into the Champions League . Great Times :0)

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:24 pm

jennybean wrote:IRISH TOM: It is none of your business, and how dare you make defamatory statements like that, you dont know me or my Fiance.
Its the truth, Jennifer.

Not all Nigerian asylum seekers are bogus of course, just 99.9%.

Just 0.01% of Nigerians granted asylum in the past two years

The Nigerian embassy in Dublin said the figures were unsurprising, as the vast majority of asylum seekers from their country were in fact "economic migrants".

A spokesman said: "This low success rate is to be expected precisely because our country is not on any UN danger list. It is not a conflict zone; there are no disturbances within the country. We are running a democratic country".

No ask yourself, why so many Nigerian asylum seekers in Ireland, yet feck all from Haiti, Palestine, etc etc.........

:lol:

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:28 pm

RattleSnake wrote:Tom , please take it easy lad .

If you would be so kind , please check out this link and read the post by Jenny , http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=51954
Irelands unemployment figure was 100-150,000 during the good times. Granted a large number of these dolers but the unemployment rate never exceded 5%. Her fiance, who claims to have fled for his life,passed through mand safe countries, and came to Ireland(no direct flights). Hes from Nigeria. During the good times(2006), 68% of all Nigerians were unemployed. Ask yourself why people would travel half way around the globe and claim asylum on a little rock on the edge of europe....

Those in glasshouses shouldnt throw stones.......

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:16 pm

I did not mean to come over as throwing stones at you Tom :oops: .

As for the 2 ealier posts . He could be part of the 0.01% and given JB's views on certain things (that i pointed out earlier) i would expect he shares her views and is looking to work hard and not live off the Irish benefit system .
I know that many abuse the sytem (it is heavily abused here in England also) but that does not mean every asylum seeker is abusing the system , many are legit and should be granted the right to stay and the right to work .

Take care sir :)
Please respect the sites admin and mod team . They donate time to this site for free . Let us thank them !
Tottenham Hotspur have made it into the Champions League . Great Times :0)

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:29 pm

RattleSnake wrote: I know that many abuse the sytem (it is heavily abused here in England also) but that does not mean every asylum seeker is abusing the system , many are legit and should be granted the right to stay and the right to work .

Many are legitimate alright, but not the Nigerians. Give me 10,000 genuine refugees from Haiti or Palestine instead of Nigerias middle class economic migrants. If he wants to work, why travel half way accross the globe to a country that does not allow "asylum seekers" work. Many countries allow "asylum seekers" work. Alas, they do not have a liberal benefit system like Ireland.

BTW I was referring to JB with my comment about glasshouses. ;)

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:50 pm

IrishTom wrote:Her fiance, who claims to have fled for his life,passed through mand safe countries, and came to Ireland(no direct flights). Hes from Nigeria.
How do you know he got here by plane? There you are making assumptions again, please stop barrading my topic, if you want to discuss bogus asylum seekers, post it to the general discussion, and stop making assumptions and stereotyping about my Fiancé.

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:53 pm

jennybean wrote:
IrishTom wrote:Her fiance, who claims to have fled for his life,passed through mand safe countries, and came to Ireland(no direct flights). Hes from Nigeria.
How do you know he got here by plane? There you are making assumptions again, please stop barrading my topic, if you want to discuss bogus asylum seekers, post it to the general discussion, and stop making assumptions and stereotyping about my Fiancé.
No direct ferries or boats either. Did he swim? :lol:

Your fiance is a bogus asylum chancer. Deport him. Wanna be with him, relocate to Nigeria. Its not as bad the Irish Times "migration correspondent" would make out. In fact, parts are quite nice. We have enough scammers, both home grown and foreign already. Thank you very much. Deport.

Id rather take 10,000 Haitans refugees than a single Nigerian economic migrant masquerading as an asylum seeker. Genuine refugees, welcome. Chancers, be gone.

Irishtomhasmiserablelife
Newly Registered

Post by Irishtomhasmiserablelife » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:24 am

Irishtom wote
I dare say hes either a Pakistani or Nigerian citizen. If I am wrong I will donate a crisp twenty euro note to the ICI.

Im surprise you have 20 euro ha ha ha u should use it for your alcohol then go que again in the morning for more social benefits.oh dont forget your appointment for you mathadone

koded

Post by koded » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:14 am

Well, I think Irishtom is biased in his judgement and many of argument are baseless. You wish to accept other refugees without saying if they fly direct or not.
Well, I can understand why some people complain in some countries in the west and I think those who complain much about Immigrants are people who are lazy and cant stay the challenges posed by these immigrants. They are people who depends solely on social benefits from the state. And in the recent years due to abuse of social benefits system, so many measures has been taken to prevent this and this will affect those who never wish to get a job but rather depends on social benefits. These categories of people are either alcoholic or drug addicts. They are the people who don't want to see immigrant in their country.
There are no country in this world that their citizen don't try to migrate to a better country when their country are bad or worse. There is nothing wrong with economic migrant expect that Laws of so many countries don't accept or allow that. So some people prefer to claim asylum in order to legalize their stay in that state.
If you may there are so many Irish people that are living illegal in the united state of America. http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/ ... 66032.html
These people left Ireland with tourist visa with hope of finding a better life in US. Of course, in their case they cant seek asylum as their there will be no backing for their asylum claims.
Does it really matter how many countries you crossed before you get to the country you wish to stay. It is also part of human ways of surviving to continue to explore different part of the land he or she come to and if that place is beneficial to him or her then he or she will want to settle there.
Of course, I agree that countries should try to control the number of immigrants in their country and also endeavour to integrate those that they accepted in their countries.
But Being crue or agressive to these people are pretty bad and should not be accepted from any country.
There are many ways to control bogus marriages or bogus asylum seekers.
So please let us be fair in our judgement of others and don't critize without a reason.
@ Monifé, you only need to take the good advice from people in the forum and ignore those who critize without a reason.
And I think the best thing to do is if both of you managed to get married in Ireland then you weigh the possibility of your spouse getting residence in Ireland if you think the possibility is very slim then it is better for both of you to travel out of Ireland live their for atleast six months before going back to Ireland. He can withdraw his asylum claim as it is no longer important and the chance of getting his asylum claim will not be bright. So it is much better to focus on how to living legally after your marriage.
GoodLuck!

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:53 pm

SBT_Owner wrote:I did not mean to come over as throwing stones at you Tom :oops: .

As for the 2 ealier posts . He could be part of the 0.01% and given JB's views on certain things (that i pointed out earlier) i would expect he shares her views and is looking to work hard and not live off the Irish benefit system .
I know that many abuse the sytem (it is heavily abused here in England also) but that does not mean every asylum seeker is abusing the system , many are legit and should be granted the right to stay and the right to work .

I am not one for prejudicing one's claim. I respect the principle of being allowed to have a full and fair hearing. I fully understand that in places like the Delta Region, all is not well. But respectively, and in light of COI, please don't be so naive regarding the 0.01%.

To explain why people like Irish Tom and a vast majority of the poupulation and, even members of the COurts eg Justice Hardiman are angry about the asylum situation:

THey don't neccessarily hate other nationals coming into the country. They don't really mind so many coming in to work etc so long as they become part of the society. The huge problem is those who come, knowing that they can't be returned until an application is heard are in effect not in need of asylum but are economic migrants. Now look, if you want to come into any other country, there are rules to follow, they should have tried to enter the correct way - ie application for work permit (as it was easy a number of years ago). The bigger problem is, in light of vast COI of Nigeria POST 1999, there is little to worry about, which some exceptions. People would possible be a bit more understanding if an economic migrant came from Zimbabwe, where recently, simply uttering MDC would get you into trouble.

People are probably more mad at the Irish system where delays have occurred thus allowing these people find other ways of cementing there position in the country (eg marriage, Irish Citizens etc)

Although this not a debate forum, its an advice forum, Irish Tom as an Irish person does have an interest in how HIS country is going. However, he picks the wrong avenue to express his concerns.

It is simple, with regard to asylum, it is about protection and not economic matters. So there is no point arguing otherwise. I would feel fairly strongly against calling it abuse to the system, but others don't. Even I personally, would have great difficulty, INITIALLY, to even accept as much as a smigen of lecturing/proposals etc in areas of moral standing and proper procedures from someone like the former fianna fail / now independent councillor in Portlaoise. Now, not because he is originally from Nigeria, and not because he withdrew his asylum claim after his child was born,BUT, when, with RTE cameras he returned to his home village in celebration - yet seemly forgot that he was suppose to have been in danger.

Let me make this clear, I have great difficulty in ANYONE claiming flase allegations (which are often proven false) about their own country.

I say everyone who applies for asylum is legit. Its an application they are entitled too. But once that process is over, and once they have been proven either to have not shown a well founded fear of PERSECUTION and or likelihood of suffering serious harm then they should be removed(ie new asylum seekers). If they wish to come and live here then they should apply on a different basis eg work permit. Even the European Union itself won't accept that it is or should be open shop to absolutely anyone who does not already have connections/relations with EU citizens.

To say that there is many legit, what do you mean by that? As in genuine cases where even if credible the country can't or won't offer protection? Cases that are "legit", cases where they do come from countries that would vioalte the Non Refoulement Principle do tend to, in the long run, be allowed to stay - eg Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia.

Ways of finding out about asylum cases by the way is reading the courts report in relation to the judicial reviews. THese can be seen in COurts.ie, so I wouldn't go and jump into the conclusions that people like IRISH TOM are assuming. Read enough of them, they tend to be similar.

Best to completely ignore him and others like him. And ye are only letting yerselves down by assuming, and possibly wrongly assuming, Irish Tom is a smack head etc. That argument could very quickly turn against ye into a certain episode of South Park.

Peace

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:33 pm

IrishTom wrote:Your fiance is a bogus asylum chancer. Deport him. Wanna be with him, relocate to Nigeria. Its not as bad the Irish Times "migration correspondent" would make out. In fact, parts are quite nice. We have enough scammers, both home grown and foreign already. Thank you very much. Deport.

Id rather take 10,000 Haitans refugees than a single Nigerian economic migrant masquerading as an asylum seeker. Genuine refugees, welcome. Chancers, be gone.
Why should I have to move out of my home country and leave all my friends and family?? I should be entitled to have my husband live with me, whether you think he is bogus or not, I dont really give a s**t what you think!

You would rather take someone from Haiti... Well how do you know that they are not chancers? And you say you have to have a direct flight to Ireland to be a genuine asylum seeker... well there is no direct flights from Haiti or Palestine, so you are talking through your arse again!!

Anyway, I thought your problem with foreign nationals was them being on the dole? My hubby to be will never be on the dole, I will make sure of that, it will be the very very last resort because we are both hard working people.

It upsets me the abuse you give to the people of your own country, never mind the complete hate you have for foreign nationals. How would you like it if the person you were in love with was facing these horrible times and someone of your own country was telling you they should be deported?? You should put yourself in others shoes before you make horrible comments like that!

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:59 pm

Monifé wrote:
Why should I have to move out of my home country and leave all my friends and family?? I should be entitled to have my husband live with me, whether you think he is bogus or not, I dont really give a s**t what you think!
No, no you shouldnt. Why should the Irish taxpayer fund an asylum scammer when the state is on the verge of insolvency? Why should we import more asylum scammers when Irish citizens are forced abroad?
Monifé wrote:You would rather take someone from Haiti... Well how do you know that they are not chancers? And you say you have to have a direct flight to Ireland to be a genuine asylum seeker... well there is no direct flights from Haiti or Palestine, so you are talking through your arse again!!
Ever been to Palestine? Its a barrel of laughs for the average Joe alright. What with the economic blockade, Israeli rocket attacks and Hamas running the place like Tony fooking Soprano.

And Haiti, all sunshine and happiness there too. Mud cakes for brunch anyone? How about a devastating earthquake? Food riots, perhaps?

Get real.

Ireland would/should accept Haitians/Palestinians as refugees, not asylum seekers. Do you know the difference?
Monifé wrote:Anyway, I thought your problem with foreign nationals was them being on the dole? My hubby to be will never be on the dole, I will make sure of that, it will be the very very last resort because we are both hard working people.
Wheres he going to work? As a non EU citizen he has feck all chance of work here now. Btw, it costs the state circa 80,000 euro per annum to house, feed, and clothe asylum seekers.

If he really wanted to work, why come to Ireland, which bans asylum seekers from finding work. Other EU member states do not.
Monifé wrote:It upsets me the abuse you give to the people of your own country, never mind the complete hate you have for foreign nationals. How would you like it if the person you were in love with was facing these horrible times and someone of your own country was telling you they should be deported?? You should put yourself in others shoes before you make horrible comments like that!
Hes an asylum scammer. Ive no sympathy for them. I did at the start, but it later transpired I was young and naive too.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:32 pm

IrishTom wrote:Wheres he going to work? As a non EU citizen he has feck all chance of work here now. Btw, it costs the state circa 80,000 euro per annum to house, feed, and clothe asylum seekers.
Well there is no need to worry about my hubby to be costing the state anything, as he is living with me, and not in the provided accomodation.

So go and give out to the other asylum seekers that are unfortunate enough to have to live in the accomodation centres!

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:13 am

Monifé wrote:
IrishTom wrote:Wheres he going to work? As a non EU citizen he has feck all chance of work here now. Btw, it costs the state circa 80,000 euro per annum to house, feed, and clothe asylum seekers.
Well there is no need to worry about my hubby to be costing the state anything, as he is living with me, and not in the provided accomodation.

So go and give out to the other asylum seekers that are unfortunate enough to have to live in the accomodation centres!
I thought they had to live in direct provisions? You sure hes an asylum seeker.......

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:18 am

IrishTom wrote:
I thought they had to live in direct provisions? You sure hes an asylum seeker.......
No they dont, if they have alternative accomodation, they just have to give the address and proof of address to the ORAC and they sign off on it.

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:00 am

Monifé wrote:
IrishTom wrote:
No they dont, if they have alternative accomodation, they just have to give the address and proof of address to the ORAC and they sign off on it.
Sound. Listen I am not going to reply on this thread no more as I will just rile you up. Either way, best of luck.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:14 am

IrishTom wrote:
Monifé wrote:
IrishTom wrote:
Sound. Listen I am not going to reply on this thread no more as I will just rile you up. Either way, best of luck.
Thank you