ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transitional arrangements for existing Tier 1 (General)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:57 pm

pgaitonde wrote:
wf wrote:It is beyond me how people in this thread can be so confused by such a simple statement.

If you are able to qualify and enter the UK on a Tier 1 visa you should have the intelligence to interpret the extension requirements.
You are absolutely correct @wf
How many points you must score to apply says:
How many points do you need?

Your total points score must be at least:

* 95 points if you are currently in the UK with permission to stay under Tier 1 (General), under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme, as a Writer, composer or artist, or as a Self-employed lawyer; or
* 100 points if you are currently in the UK with permission to stay in any other immigration category.

This total score must include 10 points for English language skills and 10 points for maintenance (funds).
Hence, I think that they are raising the points required for extension for those who required 100 points for their initial/first Tier 1 (G) application from 95 (which is current extension points requirement for all applicants) to 100

In other words, those who required 100 points for their first Tier 1 will now require 100 points for their extensions as well. (instead of 95 points, which is current situation).

As I previously said, it is very unlikely that they would increase/change points requirement for any existing applicants. (For a few minutes I thought that sushdmehta's interpretation was correct, but stand corrected after reading above link's contents).

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:59 pm

Concern is understandable. We are all here to be educated. No offence taken nor given :)

Sorry, correcting my response. I read Cruising as Crushing :) . You should be fine mate :)

ammu12345 wrote:i know its a stupid q...but if u google it ...parking tickets come under criminal offence so just wanted be sure ...
Last edited by rakeysh.patel on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

wanted66
BANNED

Post by wanted66 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:00 pm

raxs1983 wrote:What are you on about mate? I thought the para said -
The Tier 1 (General) route will remain open in order to enable those with existing leave to enter or remain under Tier 1 (General), or its pre-PBS predecessor categories to extend their leave. The points threshold for extensions will, however, be raised to 100 for those who were required to score 100 points when they were originally granted Tier 1 (General) leave. The points requirements will otherwise be unchanged
The way I read this is - If you are already on PBS, you are able to switch to Tier 1 General (since Tier 1 is open to existing T1 G as well as PRE-PBS PREDECESSOR".)
wanted66 wrote:
pgaitonde wrote:
wanted66 wrote:So no joy for those already in PSW and hoping to Switch to TIER1 General ?
Yes correct...sorry for guys on PSW..
Man this sucks.. I'm shattered.. :(

Now to TIER2.. Jesus this is going to be one hell of a ride

:twisted:

Those not already in Tier 1 (General) or a prePBS predecessor category will not be able to switch into it after 6 April 2011. This includes those with existing leave to enter or remain in the Tier 1 (Post Study Work) category or its predecessor categories,

Both sentences contradict each other..

I'm so confused.. :shock:

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:00 pm

Easy fella :) Good Luck.
wanted66 wrote:
raxs1983 wrote:What are you on about mate? I thought the para said -
The Tier 1 (General) route will remain open in order to enable those with existing leave to enter or remain under Tier 1 (General), or its pre-PBS predecessor categories to extend their leave. The points threshold for extensions will, however, be raised to 100 for those who were required to score 100 points when they were originally granted Tier 1 (General) leave. The points requirements will otherwise be unchanged
The way I read this is - If you are already on PBS, you are able to switch to Tier 1 General (since Tier 1 is open to existing T1 G as well as PRE-PBS PREDECESSOR".)

If this is true I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER. LOL

Thanks for clarification mate :)
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:00 pm

When one is convicted or fined by the court, such a conviction (by the court) must be considered "spent" under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.

The key is "conviction / fine granted by a court".

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by jimmymcad » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:01 pm

Cool. so we are safe to apply for second extension and the initial HSMP criteria will apply for those who need their second extension under Tier1.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:07 pm

wanted66 & raxs1983:

From 06-Apr-11 there is no possibility of switching, one can only extend. The road is closed for anyone who is not an existing HSMP / Tier 1 (General) migrant or applied for it before that day (subject to approval).

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:07 pm

wanted66 wrote:
Those not already in Tier 1 (General) or a prePBS predecessor category will not be able to switch into it after 6 April 2011. This includes those with existing leave to enter or remain in the Tier 1 (Post Study Work) category or its predecessor categories,

Both sentences contradict each other..

I'm so confused.. :shock:
Hmm.. I just had a chance to search the link and read t through. It indeed is contradictory. You are gonna have to wait for others to comment. It will be safe to say that individual who is on IGS are more safer now :( Sorry mate x

wanted66
BANNED

Post by wanted66 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:08 pm

sushdmehta wrote:wanted66, From 06-Apr-11 there is no possibility of switching, one can only extend. The road is closed for anyone who is not an existing HSMP / Tier 1 (General) migrant or applied for it before that day (subject to approval).

regards
Thank you for the clear answer :cry:

wf
Member of Standing

Post by wf » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:16 pm

under Tier 1 (General), or its pre-PBS predecessor categories
This is the predecessors to Tier 1 only, not any PBS category. ie: HSMP

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:22 pm

The points threshold for extensions will, however, be raised to 100 for those who were required to score 100 points when they were originally granted Tier 1 (General) leave. The points requirements will otherwise be unchanged
I am still cautious about 'be raise to 100'.
It needs clarification. Every applicant (it is standard) knows that extension point criteria is same as of initial application. A simple line of 'as of previous grant of leave point criteria is applicable would have done.

beecharmer1800bc

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:34 pm

t1s2010 wrote:
The points threshold for extensions will, however, be raised to 100 for those who were required to score 100 points when they were originally granted Tier 1 (General) leave. The points requirements will otherwise be unchanged
It needs clarification. Every applicant (it is standard) knows that extension point criteria is same as of initial application. A simple line of 'as of previous grant of leave point criteria is applicable would have done.
I totally agree with you on that. I have read this thread 40 times over and no one has picked up this very ambiguous point.

I believe the threshold for extensions will be 100 points from April 2011; so those who applied before the 19th of July 2010 will HAVE TO SCORE 100 from April.
For those who applied after the 19th, the requirements will remain unchanged.

And yes, I got points for English language requirement.
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart

faru22
BANNED

Post by faru22 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:41 pm

yaar u guys are simply creating confusion.
stop panic mails plzzz.
ACCORDING to u guys,the points otherwise will remain unchanged mean??

beecharmer1800bc

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:43 pm

faru22 wrote:yaar u guys are simply creating confusion.
stop panic mails plzzz.
Then explain the 'will be raised'.
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart

faru22
BANNED

Post by faru22 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:48 pm

ok,u tell me in case they will increase the poin thrshold,then people with 95 points during initial application,where will they have to score the extra 5 points??so tht during extension their score is 100

salina02

Post by salina02 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:48 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
chosenaik wrote:"The points threshold for extensions will, however, be raised to 100 for those who were required
to score 100 points when they were originally granted Tier 1 (General) leave".

I am ubsure what this means? Is it saying that those whom were required to score 100 will still need to score 100? That would mean that all of us whom were granted Tier 1 G will automatically qualify for the extension!! Am I correct...?
IMHO, when applying for entry clearance, if an applicant required 80 (attributes) + 10 (maintenance funds) + 10 (English language) = 100 points then the same applicant will now require to score 100 (attributes) points to qualify for extension.

(Attributes = Age + Qualifications + Previous earnings + UK Experience + qualifying MBA under transitional arrangements).

Therefore, this change/statement seems to affect only those migrants who applied on/after 19-July-10.

IMHO ....

regards
I suspect this is going to happen.

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:53 pm

faru22 wrote:ok,u tell me in case they will increase the poin thrshold,then people with 95 points during initial application,where will they have to score the extra 5 points??so tht during extension their score is 100
Yes only you (considering your exceptional talent) will need to score 100 points for extension. Rest will need to score what they scored for their initial application.

Time again and again, few Tier 1(G) visa holders has proved beyond doubt that government is right in scrapping this visa category.

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:54 pm

manojk005 wrote:
faru22 wrote:ok,u tell me in case they will increase the poin thrshold,then people with 95 points during initial application,where will they have to score the extra 5 points??so tht during extension their score is 100
Yes only you (considering your exceptional talent) will need to score 100 points for extension. Rest will need to score what they scored for their initial application.

Time again and again, few Tier 1(G) visa holders has proved beyond doubt that government is right in scrapping this visa category.
Yes Manojk005 ur right...some people dont understand whats written in English or they are just pretending...

martincyy

Post by martincyy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:56 pm

t1s2010 wrote:
I think you worry is groundless. What UKBA states equals to extension point criteria is same as of initial application. The only thing is unclear is that UKBA didn't state how much income is required for certain points, which they may play with in the future.

faru22
BANNED

Post by faru22 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:57 pm

yaar ,nw why are u blaming me manoj,
above T1 and bgm are confusing everybody,that 100 points should be scored by everyone.plzz clarify yaar,plzz dnt just keep yelling at me.
soo plzz tell me wht is the clear intension of the gov for tier-1 extension.and plzz tell the above two people to stop spreading panic:(

salina02

Post by salina02 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:00 pm

wanted66 wrote:So no joy for those already in PSW and hoping to Switch to TIER1 General ?
Can someone please explain

jason23

Post by jason23 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:06 pm

salina02 wrote:
Those not already in Tier 1 (General) or a pre-
PBS predecessor category will not be able to
switch into it after 6 April 2011. This includes
those with existing leave to enter or remain
in the Tier 1 (Post Study Work) category or
its predecessor categories, and those in Tier
4. They will not be able to switch into Tier 1
(General), but will be permitted to switch into
Tier 2 (General).

This is where the stance on PSW to Tier 1 is clearly explained

viki83

Clarification from Richard Jackson

Post by viki83 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:11 pm

Dear Waqar,

You will need 95 points. 100 points only applies to those who needed 100
points in their initial application.

Regards,
Richard

Richard Jackson
Immigration Policy
UK Border Agency
PO Box 3468, Sheffield, S3 8WA

Dear Richard,

I hope you're fine. Finally I am glad details of transitional arrangements are out today. Just one confusion from document page 10:

"The Tier 1 (General) route will remain open in order to enable those with existing leave to enter or remain under Tier 1 (General), or its pre-PBS predecessor categories to extend their leave. The points threshold for extensions will, however, be raised to 100 for those who were required to score 100 points when they were originally granted Tier 1 (General) leave. The points requirements will otherwise be unchanged."

When I originally applied, I had to score 95 points, so do I need 95 points for extension or 100 points based on the above paragraph?

Regards,
Waqar Zafar

salina02

Post by salina02 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:11 pm

jason23 wrote:
salina02 wrote:
Those not already in Tier 1 (General) or a pre-
PBS predecessor category will not be able to
switch into it after 6 April 2011. This includes
those with existing leave to enter or remain
in the Tier 1 (Post Study Work) category or
its predecessor categories, and those in Tier
4. They will not be able to switch into Tier 1
(General), but will be permitted to switch into
Tier 2 (General).

This is where the stance on PSW to Tier 1 is clearly explained
Thanks Jason

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:11 pm

faru22 wrote:yaar ,nw why are u blaming me manoj,
above T1 and bgm are confusing everybody, that 100 points should be scored by everyone.plzz clarify yaar,plzz dnt just keep yelling at me.
soo plzz tell me wht is the clear intension of the gov for tier-1 extension.and plzz tell the above two people to stop spreading panic:(
Atleast not confusing me.

I know that I will need to have same points which was scored for my initial application.