ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proposed fee increases from 06-Apr-2011

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IndyRhodes
Newly Registered

Post by IndyRhodes » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:19 am

KDS wrote:
IndyRhodes wrote:
KDS wrote:
IndyRhodes wrote:@ouflak1

Yes, of course the UK is a sovereign country, with it's own laws and policies.

However, these laws are passed on behalf of UK citizens (or subjects). As a UK national I have every right to complain and feel resentful if officials are abusing their authority to deny my wife access because of her nationality. Furthermore, to make me pay through the roof for the privilege is a bit rich.
what you prefer increase fees for foreigners or put the air port tax and other taxes up for every body ?

I would say increase fees for foreigners. selfish yes but few paying lot more for a better life than all of us paying.

if you want to import a car you pay a premium to bring that here than buying a car from here. I know it's wrong to compare your wife to a car but u get the picture.

UKBA didn't force you to marry in where ever you married. so why they charge less ?? I would say increase it to lot more and reduce our taxes.
I've paid my taxes for 20 odd years, so nobody owes me a favour. I've filled the Exchequer's coffers many times over. I've paid for my wife's presence here umpteen times already thanks.
really ?? so if u feel that way why dont u renounce your British citizenship go and live with you wife. I'm sure application is free there and guess u dont have to pay any taxes.

Every one pay taxes here which is why u get free NHS and ur kids go school for free. Police ambulance fire to protect you. i can go on. I'm sure if u love ur wife that much and hate the country u live, u might as well go and live with her.
KDS, I find your tone somewhat rude. Your response to Vinny (in your request for advice) was also rude. By all means comment and let us know your opinion, but please show some respect for other posters. I read this site and post here for advice, not to be patronised.

You keep telling people on this forum to "Go back to their own country" - if you knew anything about the history of immigration in the UK you might not be quite so flippant. Here in the UK people are allowed to complain, to debate and discuss without being told to sod off. It's one of our traditions.

TBH I would be quite happy to live with my wife in Pakistan, but as a white British citizen we feel it is probably a little bit safer here in the UK. I think that seems quite reasonable.

Taxes pay for all sorts of things. Thanks for telling me that.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:40 am

Thank you for stepping in IndyRhodes. I have been watching this discussion closely and have become increasingly concerned about the tone of some of the posts.
Moderators insist that members post with respect at all times. If anyone is unable to comply with this, or has nothing worthwhile to contribute to the thread, then please don't post at all if you want to avoid being put on a 'Thin Ice' rating.

IndyRhodes
Newly Registered

Post by IndyRhodes » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:53 am

Casa wrote:Thank you for stepping in IndyRhodes. I have been watching this discussion closely and have become increasingly concerned about the tone of some of the posts.
Moderators insist that members post with respect at all times. If anyone is unable to comply with this, or has nothing worthwhile to contribute to the thread, then please don't post at all if you want to avoid being put on a 'Thin Ice' rating.
:) Thank you Casa. I was beginning to think it was just me...

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:26 am

KDS wrote:
jinkazama_11 wrote:
pennylessinindia wrote:
jinkazama_11 wrote:
Small increase, £3400 is not a small amount of money.
£3400 for what?

ILR Fee (From Apr 2011)
Main applicant = £1350
Dependant = £675 each, £2025 for 3 dependants
Total = £3375

Processing cost for each applicant is £245, i.e., a total of £980. UKBA will charge three and half times of the actual cost.

It's not UKBA fault u have 2 kids. UK government is paying for ur kids education for free why dont u pay this much to settle here. ur each child's education will cost around £6000 per year for UK government. now add the other things ur kid get free travel NHS etc etc.

I think u getting a better deal.UKBA should charge lot more
KDS, please don't think I am rude but I don't want to waste my time arguing with you, but i would like to clarify few things. It seems you are under wrong impression.
We all pay taxes and in return receive services.
Education is NOT free, we pay income tax and in return receive education. University fee will increase from next year as well (upto £9000).
For NHS, we pay NI contribution and prescription charges.
To use the roads, we pay Road tax.
We pay council tax for Fire, Police and council services. "Free", There is no such thing.
In addition we are not claiming any benefits because we are professional workers and can't sit at home doing nothing.
In response to your comment "I think u getting a better deal.UKBA should charge lot more". I don't think we are in market and bidding on goods. It seems UKBA will be a market place very soon.

MANILA-PEP
Newly Registered

Post by MANILA-PEP » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:43 am

I have already written to my MP and have gotten a response and follow up.If you dont want to do so that is your business.I simply said that because this will affect people in the future.I can very well afford any increas in fees, what of others?

The HSMP forum has done very well for HSMP holders, twice their court cases have remedied actions of government, one of the ways they succedded was to ask HSMP holders to write letters to their MP's and this also helped as MP's were well aware of the matter.

BSK

Post by BSK » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:49 am

Hi ManP,

Can you post the message so that everyone can send an e-mail to their MP? (To speed up the process, Thanks)

Regards,
BSK

IndyRhodes
Newly Registered

Post by IndyRhodes » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:27 am

MANILA-PEP wrote:I have already written to my MP and have gotten a response and follow up.If you dont want to do so that is your business.I simply said that because this will affect people in the future.I can very well afford any increas in fees, what of others?

The HSMP forum has done very well for HSMP holders, twice their court cases have remedied actions of government, one of the ways they succedded was to ask HSMP holders to write letters to their MP's and this also helped as MP's were well aware of the matter.
Don't worry Manila...I've already been in touch with my MP. The more who do, the better.

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

mp

Post by jinkazama_11 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:05 am

I have written to my MP, waiting for response.

MANILA-PEP
Newly Registered

Post by MANILA-PEP » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:20 pm

If you want to write to your MP just type your postcode when you open this link:

http://www.writetothem.com/

To locate your MP then write your letter there and send it.

Very simple.

BSK

Post by BSK » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:39 am

Hi Guys,

Have we got any update?

Regards,

linuxman2k3
Newly Registered

Post by linuxman2k3 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:53 pm

BSK wrote:Hi Guys,

Have we got any update?

Regards,

I was wondering the same. The incresed fees proposal has been submitted, that I can confirm but I am struggling to find the result of this proposal.

skyepark

Post by skyepark » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:57 am

I will definitely write to my MP, I think its outrageous, the spouse fee is higher then the investor /entrepeneur fee. So only the rich can call in love and start a life with an Non-Eu person? It cuts close to beloved and elitism, I mean the UK has a high percentage of interraccial relationships and marriages, they're making money of emotions, its shameful. If the UK want to cut immigration they need to make sure it affects all equally, its a very convoluted path they're walking. I'm mad. Where does the money to fund Family permits come from, its unfair that they're free since the UK is part of the EU. Dammit. I would like to live in the EU better quality of life but the Uk is my home, its what I am used to.

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:50 pm

This needs to be a group effort, the more we are the stronger we are :)

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:04 pm

Guys
Any update on fee increase?

i am likely to apply for naturalization for myself & spouse after 10th April 11. Cannot find if this is definitely going to be implemented from 6th april 2011.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:12 pm

Wait for 2 days .. and anyone who's in doubt will know.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:45 pm

New immigration fees from 6 April 2011
Following Parliamentary approval, new immigration fees will be introduced from Wednesday 6 April 2011 for foreign nationals applying to visit, study, work or settle in the UK, and for employers and education providers applying for a sponsor licence.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

skyepark

Post by skyepark » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:03 am

I got a response from Harriet harman my MP bit late now but she said she has written to Damian green immigration MP. now will wait for a response from him.

ammu28

what a fees

Post by ammu28 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:59 pm

its almost double for Tier1 extension :(
how can we live if they increase the fee ??

will there be any benefit if we talk to MP, now elections are on the way and best time if that benefit us.
Regards
Ammu