ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What evidence to gather for fiancee Visa?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jp70

Post by jp70 » Fri May 13, 2011 9:43 pm

Greenie wrote:T
R
O
L
L
ok, I can say am not a troll.. :) trust me...

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sat May 14, 2011 7:56 am

Casa wrote:Well Greenie...I reckon I've got 5 choices:
Close both
Close one or the other
Let both continue...thus confusing everyone
Ignore all threads and get on with my 'day job"
Bring Wanderer back to conclude it. :wink:
BRING WANDERER BACK!

jp70

Post by jp70 » Sat May 14, 2011 9:03 am

Let me conclude this: "intend to live permanenently with me" does not mean to me that I have to immediately sleep every night with her. There is this word "intent" and we can argue what is means. Sorry, it just does not mean that. If they meant that, they would have said it more strictly. Anyway, am sure I would win the court case if it comes because I move to a separate house for the first 6 months and she stays in the house which she mentioned in the application.

I think that if somebody lives 6 first months separately before marriage and then rest of the life with him she was "intenting to live permanently" with him because 6 months is relatively short time.

Note that it DOES NOT say "are you intenting to live IMMEDIATELY WHEN YOU ARRIVE TO HIS PLACE the rest of your life with him". It does not state the beginning date. This can be definitely used as a counter argument in the court.

Like if I say: "I am intenting to stop smoking completely". It does not mean I will stop smoking today or even tomorrow. It means, that I am DRIVING TOWARDS it, and some day IN THE NEAR FUTURE I will make that desicion (and then keep it and never smoke again). But I think that even if I do it after 6 months, we can say "I did intent to stop smoking" because I ended up stopping it at the end of the day.

Also, practically speaking this kind of arrangement has absolutely no problems. She would not end up using benefits: because if i see that my money situation is getting too tight (meaning that our total capital with her is about going less than the return ticket to Africa) we can always send her back to Africa or if my moral has changed I could go and live in the same house.

Obviously this is a legal issue and I have to make sure this thing with a legal professional before doing this. But this is how I feel - for me it does not mean I cannot move to another house temporary.

And, if the UBA actually takes me to court about this kind of issues, then I would say that "they just want to make things difficult". Because, as I proved, there would be no problems moneywise even if I did this. There is no real reason why this would be bad, other than it might irritate some people. If I have £2000 money to start with, of course I am able to make a desicion at some point, if money goes little, that she takes a return ticket back. For example could have a rule: "when the total capital is less than £700, then buy a return ticket to Africa for her".
Of course in reality, if it gets tight I would try to get somehow extra money (like making a new deal with my business clients) and would spend very little myself.

Also this woman is a hard working woman: she works currently in a shop 7 days a week 12hours /day. You think she is not able to get a job in a UK shop to work only 40 hours (edit: actually minimum she needs only like 30 hours to totally support herself) with this kind of background?

Also, it would be "funny" if UBA forces people to be *immoral* instead of promoting MORAL values (like no fornicating, and no sleeping togehter before marriage). How did we come to this ... ? UBA promoting immoral values? If they want this, I guess they also want their 18 years old sons and daughters to sleep around 100 of times with all kind of men before settling down and them getting marriage. This kind of example good?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 14, 2011 11:22 am

Sifting through the ramblings in your last post, your fiancee will be unable to work legally until after the marriage, so forget about topping up with shop work.
I wonder if she realises your plan "we can always send her back to Africa" if you're unable to support her financially.
Can I ask how old you both are?

jp70

Post by jp70 » Sat May 14, 2011 11:36 am

Casa wrote:Sifting through the ramblings in your last post, your fiancee will be unable to work legally until after the marriage, so forget about topping up with shop work.
No, I meant after marriage. What I mean that the future would be bright. So if we just survive the first 6 months, then sure we gonna be alright.
Casa wrote: I wonder if she realises your plan "we can always send her back to Africa" if you're unable to support her financially.
Can I ask how old you both are?
Of course it would be a decision by both, and we know the risks. But because its highly propably it would work, its worth of taking the risk. The value of succeeding is so high that its worth of trying it. Am sure she would take that risk.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 14, 2011 11:49 am

The reason I ask your ages is that it's relevant to the fiancee visa application,

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat May 14, 2011 2:10 pm

Casa I am no longer convinced there is even a potential fiance here. Even if there is he hasn't even met her yet and by his own admission is not earning enough to make any application in the near future. I think we're not going to get anywhere in trying to give him further advice. He is just trying to provoke an argument.

jp70

Post by jp70 » Sat May 14, 2011 2:46 pm

Casa wrote:The reason I ask your ages is that it's relevant to the fiancee visa application,
more than 25.

jp70

Post by jp70 » Sat May 14, 2011 2:52 pm

Greenie wrote:Even if there is he hasn't even met her yet and by his own admission is not earning enough to make any application in the near future. I think we're not going to get anywhere in trying to give him further advice. He is just trying to provoke an argument.
How do you know how much I will like in 2 months? I am not making that application now, so its irrelevant what I earn now...

Why showing that there is an error in thinking is wrong, if explains? Isnt that how the science itself works: people find errors and criticy the papers after that. my main point is not the argument though...just a side issue.

Like isnt it the main point that she will not live with benefits. If I can do that, then what is the problem? The problem is that i need to prove it right now to *you* :). Even if I cannot prove everything to UBA, it would not change the fact that I am able to provide if I just know that I have the money. Only I know exatcly what is my situation... its very difficult for others to know my situation pergfectly.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 14, 2011 3:53 pm

"Only I know exatcly what is my situation... its very difficult for others to know my situation pergfectly."
Exactly. Which is why I think it's now time to close this thread which is just going around in circles. You don't want our advice...simply the answers you want to hear, so we could go on with this forever. :roll:

jp70

Post by jp70 » Sat May 14, 2011 4:09 pm

Casa wrote:"Only I know exatcly what is my situation... its very difficult for others to know my situation pergfectly."
Exactly. Which is why I think it's now time to close this thread which is just going around in circles. You don't want our advice...simply the answers you want to hear, so we could go on with this forever. :roll:
So if I disagree with something, that means that "i dont want to hear your advice"??

Also, if you agree that only i know my situation, then why dont you just ask questions from me how my situation really is and not trying to guess how it is, like some are now doing here?

Why do you think "simply the answers you want to hear"? Can you show one example about this where I speak like this and I will explain to you. When and where did I "want to hear what i want to hear"? Or you just think its like that?

So you cannot be wrong? Yes , you give advices , but sometimes I said that they do not seem to be logical. Is it wrong to disagree sometimes? If I disagree, I am "troll and dont want to listen"?? :) Well, there are many trolls then in the world if this is the definition. I always very carefully explained why i think what I think. Thats not good way to provide disagreement? if you think I am wrong, just prove it and we can see more. But now its just "you just argue..." and you dont prove.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 14, 2011 4:13 pm

I'm out. Anyone else want to struggle on with this? If not I'll close it.

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Sat May 14, 2011 4:14 pm

Casa wrote:"Only I know exatcly what is my situation... its very difficult for others to know my situation pergfectly."
:lol:
pennyless

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat May 14, 2011 4:17 pm

Casa wrote:I'm out. Anyone else want to struggle on with this? If not I'll close it.

there's no point. he is really not after advice. just an argument.

jp70

Post by jp70 » Sat May 14, 2011 4:32 pm

Casa wrote:I'm out. Anyone else want to struggle on with this? If not I'll close it.
ITs ok, can be closed. But you still did not prove what you said :) isnt it? If you can prove what you said, obviously I will correct myself. But if you only say "you are troll, you dont listen" and dont explain exatcly why, well... what can i say - then I can only guess what you mean and thats not good isnt it? I should know the reason or at least what is in your mind when you say that...

Its just who I am... I am after logic and facts. So if you do not prove what you say...well I dont accept. NOthing against you personally, I apply this to everybody.

Finally, seriously, I am not here to argue.. sorry guys if you feel like that. I started asking genuine questions and its just went to this route when somebody said something which I though was not correct, and then obvviously they did not like when I disagreed. :) because on this forum you cannot disagree?