ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK SPOUSE VISA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:59 pm

Hi ya , my wife be submitting her visa application soon , so I would like to know if the following supported documents are accepatle and orgnised appropriately -

Spouse Visa Application 

1) Visa application form (VAF4A)
2) Sponsorship undertaking form (SU 07)
3) Settlement - English Language Requirement VAF 4A Annex (ELT) Nov 2010
4) IELTS General & International ESOL Diploma certificate 

Supported Documents :

PASSPORT & IDENTIFICATION
- Sponsorship Letter
- Sponsorship Declaration
- Passport Copy Certified
- Original Birth Certificate 

MARRIAGE
- Wedding Ceremony Certificate 
- Marriage Certificate 
- Wedding Invitation
- Wedding Ceremony & Party
   Picture

ACCOMMODATION
- Accommodation Letter (Certified)
- House Deeds 
- Council Tax Statement 
- House Bills (Gas,Electric,Water)

EMPLOYMENT 
- Employment Letter 
- Employment Contract
- 6 Months Payslip 
- P60 end of year tax form

flINANCE
- 6 month Bank Statements
- ISA Saving Statement
- Monthly Savings Account

COMMUNICATION
- Telephone Call Records

Also as we got married in march of this year and it will be in September before the visa application is submitted , will the delay in submitting be a problem. I have explain the delay in my sponsorship letter.

Thank you as always !

leeloo
Newly Registered

Post by leeloo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:00 am

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie on that site, so forgive me if I'm asking things that've been asked million times before.

I got married in June 2011, using visit for marriage visa, and now I'm back home changing my documents, as I've take my husband's surname upon marriage. Once my documents are sorted I plan to apply for the settlement (spouse) visa and I wanted to hear some suggestions from those who'd been there before and knows how to act and how to prepare the documents.

Mainly I'm worried about my husband's financial documents and the application itself.
The thing is that we've been dating for nearly 2,5 years before we got married in Scotland this summer, and during these 2,5 years I've applied for the UK general visitor visa without stating that I've friends and family in the UK. The reason for that was, that the very first time I've applied I thought our relationship is not going to last and that's my last visit etc. The next time, I bought tickets and started preparing the docs to find out that my bf (now husband) is going to get a contract and will be working in a remote area, with no chance of seeing me, so yet again I've applied without stating that I've friends and family.

When I was making my application for this visit for marriage visa, surely I gave details about my friends and family, but you know, that this visa is similar to general visitor's visa, and you don't need to answer the question about the beginning of your relationship etc.
So I'm worried if I write in my application that we've been dating for 2,5 years and they check my previous visas they'd say that I've been hiding relevant information from them and that could lead to 10 years ban :(

As for my husband's finance, he got made redundant the 5th day after the wedding, then was unemployed for a couple of weeks, now he's got a temp job, but he's starting a new job in a week, so I don't know what docs we need and from who? Getting payslips is simple, but people were speaking about different letters from the companies.

Would really appreciate any help from you all guys.

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:38 pm

Hi, i would appreciate if anyone could answer my last question. Could some tell me if the supported documents I am going to send to my wife for her visa application in india will meet the requirements and are organised.

Thank you

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:41 pm

Easy Tiger wrote:Hi, i would appreciate if anyone could answer my last question. Could some tell me if the supported documents I am going to send to my wife for her visa application in india will meet the requirements and are organised.

Thank you
Yes they should be enough for the purpose that you require them for :wink:

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:01 am

hi , can someone tell if problems can arise with submitting uk spouse visa application long after getting married in india.

i got married on march 5th 2011 and my wife has been trying to meet the english requirements since april. she did the ielts general exam in june and achieved the following

listening 4.5
speaking 4.5
reading 3.5
writing 5.0

now if she had submitted her application before july 18th she could of submitted her visa applications. but as i was awaiting for important supported documents she was unable to do this.

now even with the ielt grades above whether indiviually or overall i could not offically confirm if these results met the english requirement set by the ukba.
so my wife decided to the international esol diploma sinece july 18th. her exam was supposed to be on the 10th august but now has be delayed until 26th august.

now would this delay causes a problem for my wife. could the entry clearance office & british high commision make a big deal about this. woul it help my wife if i explained the reason for the delay in a sponsorship letter.

thank you

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:50 pm

hi , a r reply to my question would mostly appreciated.

thank you

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:53 pm

Hi, I would really appreciate If anyone could answer my question reguarding problems in delaying submitting uk spouse visa aplacation. like I said before I got married on march 5th 2011 and wife has trying to meet the English requirement since April. She did the IELTS general test first between the months of April - June followed by the exam where she achieved the following

Listening 4.5
Speaking 4.5
Reading 3.5
Writing 5.0

Her overall band was 4.5 which was acceptable before July 18th But as I was waiting for some supported documents to send to my wife in India , she couldn't submit her application before July 18th. After july 18ty she needed 4.0 band in each module. Now she only fell short by 0.5 in her reading module Which i thought shouldnt be a problem.

I tried to confirm with a solictor , Ukba , british high commission but no one could confirm if thes results would be acceptable after July 18th. A solictor told it is up to you if your wife submit her application but she could get refused.

Now my wife has been doing the ESOL international diploma zinc July. Her exam was supposed to be on the august 10th but has been delayed until august 26th.

Can anyone explain to me who knows or who has experience this problem tell if a delay of about 5months or more could effect her visa application. I am writing a sponsorship letter explaining the delay.

Thank you

daud356
Newly Registered

Post by daud356 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:34 pm

Hi Guys

I notice on this forums that many people are confused regarding IELTS TEST and i think i can help all those who dont understand how it exactly works.

First of all i would like to explain you my situation. My wife applied for her vis in May 2011 and her visa got refused on the basis of IELTS test. basically she had the following results:

Speaking 3.5
listening 5.5
Reading 4.0
Writing 5.0

Overall 4.5

They Refused the Visa by saying that she didnt have 4.0 or above in her Speaking. Now we are going to apeal against the decision as we believe that by scoring overall 4.5 my wife has achieved above A1 level. Im not sure what is going to hapen. Soon as i find out some thing i will let you guys know. However what i know is that all they care is what you get in your speaking and listening test.

But what i would like to sugest every one is that do not do IELTS test as the case workers dont know how the scoring system works as they have not been given the right guidence by UKBA. there are soo many other courses which are specificaly designed for spouse and partners. you can there list on the UKBA website.

daud356
Newly Registered

Post by daud356 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:53 pm

Hi

I can confirm that your wifes score its fine. she can apply for her Visa. As long as she got above 4.0 on speaking and listening its fine. you will not have any problems. Good Luck. Also i found this message on UKBA website......

I have taken a test at level A1 which tested reading and writing as well as speaking and listening skills. I passed speaking and listening but failed to reach A1 in reading and writing. Can I still use this test?

Providing you can demonstrate you have passed in speaking and listening at Level A1 with one of the approved test providers you can use this evidence. We are only using tests which can show separate scores for speaking and listening skills.

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:52 pm

Hi , can any one tell me if you submit a uk spouse visa 6 months after getting married would there be a problem with the UKBA or British High Commission.

I got married in indian on the 5th march 2011 and have a genuine reason for the delay in my wife submitting her visa application. My wife initially done the IELTS general course between the months of April - June followed by the exam in june. She got over 4 band in every module except reading 3.5. Her overall band was 4.5 which was acceptable before July 18th. But as I was waiting for some supported documents in the uk to send to her she couldn't submit her visa application.

I could not confirm with the Ukba or british high commission if these results individually would be acceptable after July 18th when a new list of approve test and providers came into effect with new minimum band. The Ukba website is too confusing. I did not want risk the application getting refused and losing the fee. My wife now is doing the ESOL international diploma course and her exam is in august.

I will be providing a sponsorship letter on my behalf giving my full support for my wife's application and explaining the delay. Would the letter it self be enough to prove to the entry clearanc office.

Thank you

leic-viz

Post by leic-viz » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:59 pm

Hi Easy Tiger im new here. I am a uk born citizen and my wife a indian citizen we will be applying for her settlement visa on thursday after we ger her ielts certificate,

The time gap you mention should be fine as long as you can provide proof of contact beetween the 2 of you, things like emails, letters, phone call records as that shows you have been in contact as a married couple. Hope this helps mate !!

daud356
Newly Registered

Post by daud356 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:47 pm

Hi

As i mentioned in my previous message that they dont care what people get in writing and reading, as long as they have 4.0 or above in speaking and listening. If you look at the Guidence on UKBA website you will find that information on it. Please read my previous 2 messages which i have put on this forum.

daud356
Newly Registered

Post by daud356 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:51 pm

Also if you submit application after the 18th of july, the new rules will apply to you and you will fall under new guidence.

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:39 am

hi , i would like to know what documents does my wife need to submit as part of her uk spouse visa application in india. i have providerd all the supported documents which i have mentioned before.

my wife isnt working or hasn't worled india and she lives with her parants. she has a high school education and furher 2years. would it be rerquirded for her provide a applicant letter address to the entry clearance officer deatiling how and where we met. i have personally written my own sponsorship letter which came up to pages that covered everything. i have also explained reasons for delay in submitting her visa pplications as she has been trying to meet the english requirement just after we got married since april 2011. iit will be in october 2011 before she submits her visa application as her ESOL International diploma exam is in late ausgust . would the reason for the delay in the letter be enough to reasure the entry clearance officer.

also as far as the call records go , do i need to provide itemised billing from after wer got married untill now. i met my wife on two ocassion in april 2010 before a date was set for march 05th 2011. i cam back to the uk on 24th march. so does that mean i need itemised billing from 25th march onwards.
we don't email each other as shes not computer illerture , no skype calles etc.

thank you

leic-viz

Post by leic-viz » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:20 am

yes as long as your itemised bill reflects calls to india to your wife. Also have you done your statuary declaration/sponsership declaration from uk ? which needs to be stamped and signed by a solicitor in the uk while you are there in your presence

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:00 pm

hi , i am waiting for my wife to do her esol exam india and get her exam results before i send all the supported ocuments over to her india. this includes a sponsorship letter , declaration etc.

cam anyone asnswer my question in my previious post !

thank you

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:34 am

Hi , I would really appreciate and be greatful if anyone could check my previous Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:39 am , and answer the questions I really need answer for.

Thank you

Chimpee

Post by Chimpee » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:59 pm

:D hello all,

i am new to this site and have just signed up! I am a uk citized and my husband who i just married in June 2011 is from india. He is going to take his ielts exams on the 24th of August which is the day after tomorrow! After recieving the certficate we will submit the application with all of my supporting documents...

Can anyone tell me of there experiences of when they have subbmitted there applications and when and if they hear anything back in terms of refusals, acceptance or interviews.

thanks all xxx

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:24 pm

Hi, can someone tell me how you would organising all your documents before you submit your uk spouse visa application. I need to sort out the following documents :

Spouse Visa Application 

- Visa application form (VAF4A)
- Sponsorship Letter    
- Sponsorship undertaking form  
   (SU 07)      
- Settlement - English Language                        
   Requirement VAF 4A Annex        
   (ELT) 2010
- IELTS General & International
   ESOL Diploma Certificate 

Supported Documents :

PASSPORT & IDENTIFICATION
- Sponsorship Declaration
- Passport Copy Certified
- Previous Visa Stamps to India 
- Original Birth Certificate 

MARRIAGE
- Wedding Ceremony Certificate 
- Marriage Certificate 
- Wedding Invitation
- Wedding Ceremony & Party
   Picture

ACCOMMODATION
- Accommodation Letter (Certified)
- House Deeds 
- Council Tax Statement 
- House Bills (Gas,Electric,Water)

EMPLOYMENT 
- Employment Letter 
- Employment Contract
- 6 Months Payslip 
- P60 end of year tax form

flINANCE
- 6 month Bank Statements
- ISA Saving Statement
- Monthly Savings Account

COMMUNICATION
- Telephone Call Records

Applicant Documents 
- Passport
- Copy of passport 
- Date of birth certificate 
- Biometrics confirmation 
- Letter of introduction 
- IELTS letter
- ESOL letter

From the list of documents the applicant needs to provide , do any other documents need tobe included.I was thinking of a Applicant & Sponsor section followed by the paperwork relevant to each section. the way I have listed the documents above is the way I'm going to organise and submitt the application.

Also there will be delay of about seven months before my wifes visa application is submitted. This is because she has been trying meet the english requirement since April 2011 but I got married on the 05th .

I have included a sponsorship letter on my behalf explaining my support, how we met and the reasons for the delay.

I would really appreciate it if someone could carefully read all this and answer my question.

Thank you as always

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:59 pm

Hi , It would be mostly appreciated if anyone would be sokind to answer my question I posted on wednesday.

All your answer are more helpful then solictor would give me !

Plzzz

Thanks

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:59 pm

hi , i posted a question on Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:24 pm for which im still awaiting a answer for. i would really appreciate it if anyone could help me by answering the question.

thanks

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:07 am

Hi, I am still waiting for answer to my question for a week now. Could anyone please take a few minutes to read my quretook and just answer it.

If it is too much trouble for anyone to answer it and I would appreciate it if u could let me know, so I can ask someone else.

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:10 am

??????

leic-viz

Post by leic-viz » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:57 am

Hi easy tiger i think most pple will let the professionals organize there paper as we did, because everything will be refernced on the heading page so the BHC can see what documents are in the application straight off and also to make surte all relevent paper work is subbmitted. So i would advise you to do the same. Hope this helps

EMC2

Spouse name change on passport

Post by EMC2 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:42 am

I am applying to change my wife surname to my surname on her passport. Do we need to apply for her British spouse visa again as she will have different surname? Or Do we need to inform HO about her name change. She was issued visa in Feb 2011 on Biometric card (not endorsed on her passport).

I don't want to make things complicated when it comes to her ILR.

All your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks