ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lenn83

Post by lenn83 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:43 am

sanny26 wrote:
rec212 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:Hi guyz.
i received a letter today from the temporary migration workflow team
in response to a complaint that a made early february.
in that letter they said they are currently dealing with applications where
the biometrics were capture at the end of april 2012..
now my question is,does that mean those like me who had their biometrics
in middle/end of february 2013 are in for a year long wait at least?
dear oh dear.

well they said the backlog should be cleared by the end of april 2013
and everything back to normal..
on this evidence it is not the case.
what a bunch of misleading pricks the ukba are.
The government is trying to make sure the UKBA's system is improving. Right now they are trying to get rid of the backlogs. As a result, many people might be granted visas.

Only complicated cases are the ones that take too long. If your criminal record is clean and your spouse is British then just be calm and positive. May I ask on what ground you applied for DLR and what your situation is right now?

Today makes 6 months since i apply for my DLR extension so im just hoping for good news. Im applying under human rights grounds been here for nearly 12 years now and my kids are british citizen.
I'm hoping a good news for you soon, Sanny. I applied my extension just exact a month after you. I feel bit depressed because I can't plan or do anything without having my passport. Such a nightmare!
Fingers crossed!!

rec212

Update!

Post by rec212 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:28 pm

Hi guys.

Thanks for those who offered me support. I received a letter of instruction in order to do my biometrics. :D
Second FLR(o) sent: 5th June
Acknowledgement: 13th June
Bio dated: 13th June
Bio sent: 27th June
Waiting:...

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:19 pm

lenn83 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
rec212 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:Hi guyz.
i received a letter today from the temporary migration workflow team
in response to a complaint that a made early february.
in that letter they said they are currently dealing with applications where
the biometrics were capture at the end of april 2012..
now my question is,does that mean those like me who had their biometrics
in middle/end of february 2013 are in for a year long wait at least?
dear oh dear.

well they said the backlog should be cleared by the end of april 2013
and everything back to normal..
on this evidence it is not the case.
what a bunch of misleading pricks the ukba are.

The government is trying to make sure the UKBA's system is improving. Right now they are trying to get rid of the backlogs. As a result, many people might be granted visas.

Only complicated cases are the ones that take too long. If your criminal record is clean and your spouse is British then just be calm and positive. May I ask on what ground you applied for DLR and what your situation is right now?

Today makes 6 months since i apply for my DLR extension so im just hoping for good news. Im applying under human rights grounds been here for nearly 12 years now and my kids are british citizen.
I'm hoping a good news for you soon, Sanny. I applied my extension just exact a month after you. I feel bit depressed because I can't plan or do anything without having my passport. Such a nightmare!
Fingers crossed!!

Hun when did you complete your bio? Ive contacted my mp earlier on this week. Im hoping this week i should hear from them. It is stressing waiting so long and you literally cant do anyting without your documents. Im hoping you get your documents soon aswel.... I need to move house and i aint got no other picture id apart from my passport so its like i dont know what to do....

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:23 pm

Hello guys, Does anyone know the appeal fee within uk pls?

rec212

Post by rec212 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:59 pm

yahwadud wrote:Hello guys, Does anyone know the appeal fee within uk pls?
You should seek legal aid beforehand. Your solicitor will do the appeal for you by representing you in the court.

Elisha47

Post by Elisha47 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:26 pm

What happened to your visa? Was it bad News?

majojo

Post by majojo » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:27 pm

hi Yahwadud... have you received your decesion yet?? why did they refuse you your visa.. do you mind sharing your story if i may kindly as you.....

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:40 pm

majojo wrote:
hi Yahwadud... have you received your decesion yet?? why did they refuse you your visa.. do you mind sharing your story if i may kindly as you.....
Check yr inbox

lenn83

Post by lenn83 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:15 am

sanny26 wrote:
lenn83 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
rec212 wrote:

Fingers crossed!!

Hun when did you complete your bio? Ive contacted my mp earlier on this week. Im hoping this week i should hear from them. It is stressing waiting so long and you literally cant do anyting without your documents. Im hoping you get your documents soon aswel.... I need to move house and i aint got no other picture id apart from my passport so its like i dont know what to do....
Sanny, I had my Biometric enrolled on the 7th March, a week after you I think. I'm in the same situation as you and I totally understand how you feel.
Didn't you keep a copy of your passport and Immigration Status Document/ Leave to Remain before submitting your application?

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:38 am

lenn83 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
lenn83 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:

Fingers crossed!!

Sanny, I had my Biometric enrolled on the 7th March, a week after you I think. I'm in the same situation as you and I totally understand how you feel.
Didn't you keep a copy of your passport and Immigration Status Document/ Leave to Remain before submitting your application?
No hun i didnt silly me, oh well just hoping that this week we hear good news.

majojo

Post by majojo » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:37 am

yahwadud wrote:
majojo wrote:
Check yr inbox
hi i dont have any message there dear x

lenn83

Post by lenn83 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:58 pm

sanny26 wrote:
lenn83 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
lenn83 wrote:
Fingers crossed!!

No hun i didnt silly me, oh well just hoping that this week we hear good news.
Yeah, fingers and toes crossed!! Keep us posted :-) x

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:55 pm

majojo wrote:
yahwadud wrote:
majojo wrote:
Check yr inbox
.hello.i was refused with the right of appeal

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:36 pm

yahwadud wrote:
majojo wrote:
yahwadud wrote:
majojo wrote:
Check yr inbox
Hiya sorry to hear that i was hoping u received good news... :(. May i ask on which ground did they refuse you please?

tunab2

Post by tunab2 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:39 pm

yahwadud wrote:
majojo wrote:
yahwadud wrote:
majojo wrote:
Check yr inbox
its not too big of a deal. appeals usually go thru and it is much faster. ur solicitor has to prove very competent now. i will have u in my prayers.
Date Applied: 7/712
Date Received at HO: 9/7/12
Date of Ack. Letter from HO: 19/7/12
Contacted local MP: 22/1/13
BioMetric Letter: 7/2/13
Biometrics Done: 14th Feb 2013.
Return of Docs: UKBA sent 8th Apr
Decision: GRANTED 30 MONTHS

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:28 pm

tunab2 wrote:
yahwadud wrote:
majojo wrote:
yahwadud wrote:Check yr inbox
its not too big of a deal. appeals usually go thru and it is much faster. ur solicitor has to prove very competent now. i will have u in my prayers.
Thank you bruv

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:29 pm

tunab2 wrote:
yahwadud wrote:
majojo wrote:
yahwadud wrote:Check yr inbox
Thank you bruv

munirabid
Member of Standing

Immigration Undercover: Reporter Feature

Post by munirabid » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:23 am

http://www.channel4....eporter-feature

FEATURES

MONDAY 08 APRIL 2013
REPORTER - MORLAND SANDERS

Morland Sanders writes about the making of Immigration Undercover
Ever wondered what a government agency looks like with just hours to go before the biggest deadline in its history?
Easter Saturday morning and the door swings open to reveal the United Kingdom Border Agency offices in Sheffield. We see nothing but empty desks, vacant chairs and a handful of staff. One of the few who did volunteer to come in was Pete, our undercover reporter.
There should be plenty for him to do: tens of thousands of immigration case need to be processed. This was a promise that senior civil servants made to Parliament 12 months earlier – that they would clear the entire backlog of outstanding immigration cases. Some of them date back years. The Agency has long been accused not just of shoddy work, but of obscuring the scale of its problems. So with a deadline of March 31st to clear a huge backlog of immigration cases, we sent in undercover reporters with secret cameras to see how the Agency planned to deliver on its promise.
Pete was one of around 800 temps paid near minimum wage and given five days' training to help bust the backlogs. The Agency has spent its five-year existence stumbling from one crisis to another, losing track of hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants, building backlogs and delaying crucial decisions, allowing those who should be removed from the country to strengthen their case to remain and extending the misery of those with a genuine reason to continue their life in the UK.
Some of the briefings that staff in the Sheffield office attend seem to be about not meeting this deadline. A manager briefs workers that 'we're going to shift the goal posts a little bit', and that 'the commitment made to ministers won't be met'. The plan appears to be two-fold: firstly, take 17,000 of the 60,000 cases in the family backlog and redefine them as 'frictional', meaning they're in the process of being worked on but crucially not stuck in the backlog.
Secondly, the family cases backlog will be segmented into four different categories. Three of them will contain cases that are reasonably simple to process. But the fourth – Category D – will be an enormous pile of 50,000 complex human rights cases that won't be cleared before the deadline. However, this could allow the UKBA to claim they have cleared three of the four categories by 31st March .
On 26th March 2013, just four days before the deadline, the Home Secretary announced that the UKBA would be scrapped, and its responsibilities folded back into the Home Office.
In response to our findings about the segmentation of the Family backlog, the Home Office told us: 'Dividing up work in this way and prioritising cases is a sensible way of tackling the large caseload so that, for example, a person with a straightforward application to stay in the country with their husband or wife would be dealt with more quickly than a complex Human Rights application from a person who had been refused under several other routes. We expect these human rights cases to be within service standards by the summer and the rest of the family cases within the next few weeks'.
They also said: 'It will take many years to clear the backlogs and fix the system, but the changes weve put in place will put us in a much stronger position to do so.'
Our reporters have been inside the Border Agency's dying days for nearly a month. The Agency may be no more, but change to the way we deal with immigration is undoubtedly needed, and it'll take more than a shiny new logo to solve the same old problems.

ale001

Re: Immigration Undercover: Reporter Feature

Post by ale001 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:09 pm

munirabid wrote:http://www.channel4....eporter-feature

FEATURES

MONDAY 08 APRIL 2013
REPORTER - MORLAND SANDERS

Morland Sanders writes about the making of Immigration Undercover
Ever wondered what a government agency looks like with just hours to go before the biggest deadline in its history?
Easter Saturday morning and the door swings open to reveal the United Kingdom Border Agency offices in Sheffield. We see nothing but empty desks, vacant chairs and a handful of staff. One of the few who did volunteer to come in was Pete, our undercover reporter.
There should be plenty for him to do: tens of thousands of immigration case need to be processed. This was a promise that senior civil servants made to Parliament 12 months earlier – that they would clear the entire backlog of outstanding immigration cases. Some of them date back years. The Agency has long been accused not just of shoddy work, but of obscuring the scale of its problems. So with a deadline of March 31st to clear a huge backlog of immigration cases, we sent in undercover reporters with secret cameras to see how the Agency planned to deliver on its promise.
Pete was one of around 800 temps paid near minimum wage and given five days' training to help bust the backlogs. The Agency has spent its five-year existence stumbling from one crisis to another, losing track of hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants, building backlogs and delaying crucial decisions, allowing those who should be removed from the country to strengthen their case to remain and extending the misery of those with a genuine reason to continue their life in the UK.
Some of the briefings that staff in the Sheffield office attend seem to be about not meeting this deadline. A manager briefs workers that 'we're going to shift the goal posts a little bit', and that 'the commitment made to ministers won't be met'. The plan appears to be two-fold: firstly, take 17,000 of the 60,000 cases in the family backlog and redefine them as 'frictional', meaning they're in the process of being worked on but crucially not stuck in the backlog.
Secondly, the family cases backlog will be segmented into four different categories. Three of them will contain cases that are reasonably simple to process. But the fourth – Category D – will be an enormous pile of 50,000 complex human rights cases that won't be cleared before the deadline. However, this could allow the UKBA to claim they have cleared three of the four categories by 31st March .
On 26th March 2013, just four days before the deadline, the Home Secretary announced that the UKBA would be scrapped, and its responsibilities folded back into the Home Office.
In response to our findings about the segmentation of the Family backlog, the Home Office told us: 'Dividing up work in this way and prioritising cases is a sensible way of tackling the large caseload so that, for example, a person with a straightforward application to stay in the country with their husband or wife would be dealt with more quickly than a complex Human Rights application from a person who had been refused under several other routes. We expect these human rights cases to be within service standards by the summer and the rest of the family cases within the next few weeks'.
They also said: 'It will take many years to clear the backlogs and fix the system, but the changes weve put in place will put us in a much stronger position to do so.'
Our reporters have been inside the Border Agency's dying days for nearly a month. The Agency may be no more, but change to the way we deal with immigration is undoubtedly needed, and it'll take more than a shiny new logo to solve the same old problems.
This is very bad. The UKBA are not doing anything to sort out the backlogs, however, it is also a good news for some Human Rights Applicants because the UKBA will not have a choice than to approve their application compassionately because of taking too long time.

It happens in different countries as well, if d immigration services notice a continuous failure in a particular system, they would adopt another method that could work. What's the essence of been an illegal immigrant in a country and have been living there for 5 years and more or more and the immigration could not get you, the next choice for them is to grant you a stay,work their and they will collect tax from you! So.

To me, the more your application taking longer, the more chances of good news from them, depending on years u've spent in the country.
Ale001

teebaby

Post by teebaby » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:31 pm

Nice one ,ale001....they shud answer us ooo cos .I actually called them yesterday and d lady that picked my call said it hasn't been completed that I should give the little time.now asked when she wants me to call back again,she said I shud kip checking....I hope we all hear a good news.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:26 pm

Rang ukba yesterday and today and they state my application is still incomplete ive reach the 6 month mark now(extension)

teebaby

Post by teebaby » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:39 pm

Same fin they told me too @ sanny26...which means they r working on it.fingers crossed ....

tunab2

RECRDED DELIVERY ON ITS WAY

Post by tunab2 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:41 pm

My application reached its 9month milestone today. rang ukba to check on progress i was advised a recorded delivery was sent yesterday, i was given tracking number but it will only show after delivery has taken place.

Can anyone advise if this is a decision? the fact that is recorded delivery is getting a bit worried.

:(
Date Applied: 7/712
Date Received at HO: 9/7/12
Date of Ack. Letter from HO: 19/7/12
Contacted local MP: 22/1/13
BioMetric Letter: 7/2/13
Biometrics Done: 14th Feb 2013.
Return of Docs: UKBA sent 8th Apr
Decision: GRANTED 30 MONTHS

yahwadud

Re: RECRDED DELIVERY ON ITS WAY

Post by yahwadud » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:53 pm

tunab2 wrote:My application reached its 9month milestone today. rang ukba to check on progress i was advised a recorded delivery was sent yesterday, i was given tracking number but it will only show after delivery has taken place.

Can anyone advise if this is a decision? the fact that is recorded delivery is getting a bit worried.

A decision has been made on ur application .i wish you good luck

sanny26
Member of Standing

Re: RECRDED DELIVERY ON ITS WAY

Post by sanny26 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:55 pm

tunab2 wrote:My application reached its 9month milestone today. rang ukba to check on progress i was advised a recorded delivery was sent yesterday, i was given tracking number but it will only show after delivery has taken place.

Yes its mostly likely,If the decision wasnt made they would have told you on the phone. They send documents back by recorded delivery and they send the BRP card by Dx courier... Good luck hun.....