ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by akhurshid » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:51 pm

You would definitely need to declare all the cautions. Depending on severity of offences, CW might refuse the application. Repeat offences don't help either so CW is going to see how likely are you going to make an offence. Rule though is that you need to wait at least 3 years for cautions and non custodial sentences.

Nobody will tell you here if your application will be successful or refused for sure.

ims123
Newly Registered

Post by ims123 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:23 pm

Hello All,

Need help from this expert group on query about my wife Naturalisation application.

My wife holds resident visa of UK for last 5 years (ILR since last 1 year and before that Tier 1 general dependant for 4 years). Problem is that i cannot apply for her Naturalisation as spouse of british citizen for atleast another 5 months as she was out of country for 5 months 3 years back during these months. Due to rule that applicant needs to be in UK on the day of application, this option is rules out for now.

Another possibility which i am analysing possibility of application based on her 5 years residence. Not sure if i can do it or not?
1. Can she apply for naturalisation based on 5 years on her own even though her husband is british citizen? She was in the Uk 5 years back this month.
2. She was previously on dependant visa and is a house wife, does that hamper her application?
3. She is a house-wife so cannot prove any tax status if she applied on her own. How important is tax status on application of own?

Is there any other option?

Appreciate your help on this.

Many Thanks,
Ims

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:54 pm

She can apply based on 5 years residency + 1 year ILR.
Her employment status is irrelevant.
I am sometimes wrong.

ims123
Newly Registered

Post by ims123 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:33 am

Thanks Milan. She has lived here in UK for total of 5 years which include last 1 years on ILR and earlier 4 years on Tier 1 General Dependant visa.

You reckon this is more than enough to claim citizenship without showing any employment? Also note that she had dependant visa.

Minhaj

ims123
Newly Registered

Post by ims123 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:23 pm

Any update on my post please from any expert? My worry is about my wife being house wife and tier 1 dependant visa

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:18 am

Being in employment is not a requirement for citizenship.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:05 am

If applying based on 5 year residency + 1 year ILR she is applying on her own independently of you and as such she does not need to be employed.
I am sometimes wrong.

indespair

Post by indespair » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:52 pm

Hi, you all nice people

My time to apply for citizenship has come. I've filled in the forms, booked NCS appointment but fail to find a list of supporting documents for the child under 18 but over 13. Could you be kind enough to share the list with me (if you've applied yourself) and/or just point me in the wright direction. Thanks a bunch.

indespair

Post by indespair » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:53 pm

Hi, you all nice people

My time to apply for citizenship has come. I've filled in the forms, booked NCS appointment but fail to find a list of supporting documents for the child under 18 but over 13. Could you be kind enough to share the list with me (if you've applied yourself) and/or just point me in the wright direction. Thanks a bunch.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:34 pm

I am pretty sure its on last page of application form

indespair

Post by indespair » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:07 am

Thanks for your reply akhurshid.

There is a list of docs on the adult's last page of application. The child's one ends with the declaration, no supported documents mentioned. So, am a bit confused. Would appreciate any clarity. Thanks.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:00 am

for MN applications. MN guide lists documents required. Which aren't much to be honest. Kids passport if any, full birth certificate, parent's passport and ilr and I think the marriage certificate if application is based on father's ilr.

raja935
Newly Registered

Post by raja935 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:10 pm

Hi Everyone, I seek your kind advise please. I am interested to know whether my Wife is eligible for British Citizenship Application, below is the current scenario.

September 2011 : Wife came to U.K. post Marriage as Tier 1 (General) Dependent Visa.
April 2014: Myself and Wife both received ILR, based on I completing 5 years residency in the U.K. holding Tier 1 (General Visa).
Child: Born in the U.K., now British Citizen through Registration.

Now my question is: (i) The new requirement is one have to complete 5 years stay in the U.K. before applying for Citizenship, does that mean my Wife cannot apply for Citizenship in April 2015 despite she came in 2011 when such 5 year rule most likely didn't exist? (ii) Can she apply without me applying for Citizenship?

Please note we both are currently Non-EEA citizen.

Please advise.

Thanks & Kind Regards

RD

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:29 pm

5 year rule is for ILR not for citizenship. She can apply as soon you become British. 5 years otherwise.

indespair

Post by indespair » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:48 pm

Thanks again akhurshid. It is just that no UKBA application has ever gone smoothly for me and I always provided so many docs. So this time it is just a thin folder with few pieces of paper make me feel a bit insecure and rather nervous. ☺

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:41 pm

I know it does but surprisingly you don't need to send much for naturalisation application. Just passports, BRP, LIUK and KOL. That is pretty much it unless you have any endorsements.

roomi_tension
Newly Registered

Post by roomi_tension » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:15 pm

Hi All,

I need help advising regarding my wife application,

She has completed with me 3 year, therefore eligible for naturalization, can you please let me know what document do I need for her application besides below;

Her Passport and my passports
Her Bio metric card
Life in the UK
ESOL

so do I need to submit

My bank statements and payslips ?
Marriage certificate ?
her bank statements ?
her DVLA ?

and what else ?

Please let me know if there is anything I am missing.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:21 pm

marriage certificate.
driver's license part is only required if she has any points.

roomi_tension
Newly Registered

Post by roomi_tension » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:21 pm

akhurshid wrote:marriage certificate.
driver's license part is only required if she has any points.

Thanks dude,

So No bank statements and payslips ? from my side and no bank statements from her side ?

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:30 pm

bank or salary statements aren't required for naturalisation.
If any of you are self employed then you need to send annual tax statement.

Thedrog
Newly Registered

Post by Thedrog » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:48 pm

Hello Akhurshid and everyone else here. Could you pls help throw light on my situation. My wife and I have different addresses due to the nature of my job. We have children who are now BC after my wife got her BC. Would the difference in addresses affect my application for Naturalisation and BC?
Has anyone here been in a similar situation? Thanks in advance for your help.

Thedrog
Newly Registered

Post by Thedrog » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:49 pm

Hello Akhurshid and everyone else here. Could you pls help throw light on my situation. My wife and I have different addresses due to the nature of my job. We have children who are now BC after my wife got her BC. Would the difference in addresses affect my application for Naturalisation and BC?
Has anyone here been in a similar situation? Thanks in advance for your help.

roomi_tension
Newly Registered

Post by roomi_tension » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:29 am

akhurshid wrote:bank or salary statements aren't required for naturalisation.
Thanks dude, what about she is a house wife ? so there is nothing I need to proof in terms of how we bear our expenses ? also in section 3.1 in the form they haven't given the option for employment and for the housewife what we going to put in that section then.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:34 am

akhurshid wrote: I would highly recommend NCS. They check your application to make sure everything is in order, photocopy your documents and give you originals back.
I personally like to have my documents in case of emergency. NCS doesn't cost an arm and leg either like citizenship application does.

You can certainly apply yourself if you want but you will need to send all original documents when you apply.
This was in timeline but posting reply here. I couldn't agree more with that statement.

Reason? My mother in law passed away today in Pakistan, she had an accident about two weeks ago and I had gone for NCS for my daughter's application so all I had to do was to quickly buy tickets for my wife and daughter and they hopped on the plane next morning!

Now I haven't got any reply back from Home Office but that doesn't matter as my wife and kid are there, all thanks to NCS as they have their passports and ILR cards with them!

Bit of a sour story, but tells you NCS can be very convenient in such circumstances.

Regards.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:16 pm

roomi_tension wrote:
akhurshid wrote:bank or salary statements aren't required for naturalisation.
Thanks dude, what about she is a house wife ? so there is nothing I need to proof in terms of how we bear our expenses ? also in section 3.1 in the form they haven't given the option for employment and for the housewife what we going to put in that section then.
Put house wife in 3.1, leave 3.2 blank as she is none of those. Make sure you provide her NI number though.