ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

September 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cmpic

Re: September 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by cmpic » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:04 pm

Thanks! that does give us hope :lol:

It also seems there are more and more approvals being reported (for May for example) so hopefully there is some momentum building...
akhurshid wrote:This should give you guys some hope :-)
jony_dhaka wrote:Alhamdulillah :D and praise to almighty Allah / God . I have got my British citizenship today :D
My timeline:
Eligibility criteria: 10 y + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met: IELTS
Current nationality: Bangladeshi
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Hounslow
Date of application: 16/09/2014
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of acknowledgment: 24/09/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 25/09/2014
Date approval received: 30/01/2015 - letter dated 24/01/2015 :D
Date of ceremony: 25/02/2015

cov

Post by cov » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:10 pm

Congratulations.This is a good news for all of us, hope we get our approvals soon :D
jony_dhaka wrote:Alhamdulillah :D and praise to almighty Allah / God . I have got my British citizenship today :D
My timeline:
Eligibility criteria: 10 y + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met: IELTS
Current nationality: Bangladeshi
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Hounslow
Date of application: 16/09/2014
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of acknowledgment: 24/09/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 25/09/2014
Date approval received: 30/01/2015 - letter dated 24/01/2015 :D
Date of ceremony: 25/02/2015
[/quote][/quote]

edga
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by edga » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:30 pm

I got my application refused because apparently one of my previous employers did not register me to the Workers Registration Scheme. Is it not enough that I produced payslips and P45/P60 for that year? I have been in the UK for 8 years now.

Is there anything I can do?

Julian11

Post by Julian11 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:13 pm

Sorry to hear. When did this come through?

I'm a bit confused tho - if you were in WRS that means you are EU, so how was your eligibility tier 1 5 year ilr per your first post?

edga
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by edga » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:22 pm

I received the letter tonight.. few hours ago..

I registered for WRS in 2006 and always thought it's employer's task to notify Home Office. I switched employers few times before 30th April 2011 and they only had problem with this one (2009-2011) so surely the ***** forgot to register me.

This employer was so unorganised.. I never received my P60 or P45 for 2009/2010, she didn't pay tax at the beginning which I had to repay in 2012/2013.. nightmare.. now I find out that because of her mistakes I need to wait 2.5 years to apply?

I gave them all payslips (to fill the gap of P45) and other P45 since 2006.. I thought it would be enough proof of me working in the UK. After all it seems a little bit strange. I paid taxes and NI, which means HM Revenue & Customs has my records of working for this company.. but just because I wasn't on WRS I am not eligible.. Anybody else finds it weird?

Do you think there is a possibility of successful reconsideration?

jasmine123
Newly Registered

Post by jasmine123 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:40 pm

Hi Edga
I'm really sorry you were denied naturalisation. From what I can gather WRS was something you had to register for every time you changed jobs, it was your responsibility (although employers may have helped you with registering before) not registering was a criminal offence and you were considered to be working illegally. As this happened within the 5 years time frame EU workers need to apply for naturalisation you were refused naturalisation. I'm really sorry it just sounds like a silly mistake. I may be mistaken - I am not a solicitor or in any way in the legal profession.

jasmine123
Newly Registered

Post by jasmine123 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:53 pm

I have been lurking on this forum for a few months...my husband applied for naturalisation on Sept 26th using the NCS checking service and we are desperately awaiting the news! He is Indian and married to a British born citizen. We have been married for 6 years and I don't know what stopped us applying for naturalisation when it was easier to do so. We are pretty peeved to see the rules have changed since December 2014 around good character requirements. He came to the UK on a working holiday visa in 2003 and overstayed his visa when it finished. He eventually returned to India (he was never deported he left of his own free will) and we married in 2009. The new rules state anyone who broke immigration rules may be considered not of good character. This seems grossly unfair that the rules include decisions taken after 11th December but will effect applications made before we knew these rules were coming into force. If we had known in advance of the rule changes we would have saved ourselves over £1000 in life in the UK test fees, the Esol test, the naturalisation fees and the cost to the NCS! Can a rule be retrospective in this case if money has been taken? I can not see how that is fair or even if it is legal?

Yasinkhan1096
Newly Registered

Post by Yasinkhan1096 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:49 pm

Hello i have been following this sept forum for a while, i applied on the 15th of september 2014. Still waiting along with all you others, really stressed about the wait

I applied though bc spouse and didnt apply through ncs becaubecause my days in the country were 340 well over the limit of 270. So in doubt if they are gonna accept my application but my solicitor advised me if everything else is supplied then they may consider it.

Fingers crossed but the wait is killing me.

theghid
Newly Registered

Post by theghid » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:11 am

edga wrote:I got my application refused because apparently one of my previous employers did not register me to the Workers Registration Scheme. Is it not enough that I produced payslips and P45/P60 for that year? I have been in the UK for 8 years now.

Is there anything I can do?
Hi edga.

What was the date of your application? Thanks.

aumar

Post by aumar » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:41 pm

Hi guys, I applied for naturalisation in the first week of Sep 2014 ( That's after exactly one year of obtaining ILR) I received acknowledgment after couple of weeks and haven't heard from them since. It will be 5 months next week. I understand it is 6 months time but people have been waiting longer than that on this forum. Does anyone know what %age of September applications are still undecided - just a ball park range? I have seen few posts showing numbers but couldnt figure out the exact no of applications or % decided so far. I feel I am one of those unluckiest in for a long wait. It will help me to remain positive because I am sorry but i am becoming more and more pessimist by each passing week. Is it normal or I am right to worry? It is very unfair to me. I will keep active on the forum until I hear and let you know of any progress and please if someone could answer to my post - would be grateful.

Gladwing
Newly Registered

Post by Gladwing » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:42 pm

Aumar, I applied for naturalisation on the 9th of Sep 014. You are not alone and I see that there are few others that i know in this forum are also waiting. I also think there could be others who may be watching this forum but not participating fully. Based on my understand and observation of trend through this forum, i think it is quite ok to wait till 6 months though majority of them get the approval within 3 or 4 months but we may still have some hope until 6 months. If it goes beyond 6 months then i think it is like a black hole as one can get the letter anytime after that/7 months, 8 , 9 1..no one can be sure of.

On that note, can i ask you if yours is a straight forward application or has some items in it which you declared needed additional checks? In my case, it is very straight forward but i have declared two PCNs(Penalty charge notification) one from last year and another from 3 years back both are very minor (cross line junction waiting & no entry road). I have paid the penalty without any dispute as well. technically, I need not have declared in the application but the lady at the NCS insisted that i declare and shouldn't be an issue. I personally think this is taking my application through additional checks and hence the delay.

also note that we see some approvals started coming through from last week after a calm period..Wish you all the best..please keep us posted in this forum about your progress if any..

amjadboby

Post by amjadboby » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:31 pm

Hi guys
I am also in the waiting list :) I applied on 11 September 2014 and still waiting, I also mention 3 panelty point in my application they are not from the court but still I mentioned cozz I think it's goot to mention in the application anyways these point now been removed from my counter part i also sent my new counter part copy last week to home office let see it that make any effect on the progress of my application,
There are about 25 to 30 people waiting as I know, if look back in the previous pages I think 4 to 5 pages back there is chart of waiting people, moreover there are now so many people who just waiting not in that chart
Best of luck all the waiting guys hopefully we will get soon our approvals finger crossed:)

aumar

Post by aumar » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:24 am

Gladwing wrote:Aumar, I applied for naturalisation on the 9th of Sep 014. You are not alone and I see that there are few others that i know in this forum are also waiting. I also think there could be others who may be watching this forum but not participating fully. Based on my understand and observation of trend through this forum, i think it is quite ok to wait till 6 months though majority of them get the approval within 3 or 4 months but we may still have some hope until 6 months. If it goes beyond 6 months then i think it is like a black hole as one can get the letter anytime after that/7 months, 8 , 9 1..no one can be sure of.

On that note, can i ask you if yours is a straight forward application or has some items in it which you declared needed additional checks? In my case, it is very straight forward but i have declared two PCNs(Penalty charge notification) one from last year and another from 3 years back both are very minor (cross line junction waiting & no entry road). I have paid the penalty without any dispute as well. technically, I need not have declared in the application but the lady at the NCS insisted that i declare and shouldn't be an issue. I personally think this is taking my application through additional checks and hence the delay.

also note that we see some approvals started coming through from last week after a calm period..Wish you all the best..please keep us posted in this forum about your progress if any..
Thanks Gladwing,

My application was straightforward except being caught for overspeeding by camera but after three weeks of application. This happened start Oct and I submitted my application in sep. I have since attended the awareness course as offered because I was within that limit. Do you think this is the reason for the held back? Let's hope soon they start looking at Sep applications.

Gladwing
Newly Registered

Post by Gladwing » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:58 am

aumar wrote:
Gladwing wrote:Aumar, I applied for naturalisation on the 9th of Sep 014. You are not alone and I see that there are few others that i know in this forum are also waiting. I also think there could be others who may be watching this forum but not participating fully. Based on my understand and observation of trend through this forum, i think it is quite ok to wait till 6 months though majority of them get the approval within 3 or 4 months but we may still have some hope until 6 months. If it goes beyond 6 months then i think it is like a black hole as one can get the letter anytime after that/7 months, 8 , 9 1..no one can be sure of.

Thanks Gladwing,

My application was straightforward except being caught for overspeeding by camera but after three weeks of application. This happened start Oct and I submitted my application in sep. I have since attended the awareness course as offered because I was within that limit. Do you think this is the reason for the held back? Let's hope soon they start looking at Sep applications.
In your case i personally do not think it could be an issue as your application was beforehand. Even if they did the checks, as it seems you have gone through proper course, it should not be an issue. However, that is me and my feedback and am not an expert in this.

It will be great to hear from others especially from the september applicants who might have had something declared (ex: PCNs, FPNs, etc ) and got their approval. That should give us some indication that the september applications have gone through 3rd party/government checks (outside of UK home office) and gone through. This would mean the queue is moving through that route. I have not heard from anyone yet in this regard.

MSaxp

Post by MSaxp » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:18 am

Im also an EU citizen from the September batch. Still waiting.

I had nothing to declare, I have been employed for 7 years non-stop by the same company, no convictions, no tickets, no nothing.

I am not too worried to be honest. Would be good to get it out of the way, but a refusal needs to be on some grounds and i meet all the requirements. I knew it was a 6 month process when I applied, so I guess 6 months is ok. If it takes longer than that, I will be disappointed, but then again I dont really mind that much. It doesnt change much. I just wonder what sorts of checks can they be doing. A CRB is done in a week and my tax / employment records are all rather obvious since I am on PAYE.

london_2014

Post by london_2014 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:46 pm

hI i strongly believe HO's "risk profiling system" have highlighted us as "needing further checkes". As a result, even though only a handful of approvals for May, June 2014 are coming through, I believe we (atleast a vast majority of us) are in for a long wait.

Currently a lot of may/ june decisions are coming through (again who were highlighted as "needing further checks". Then there will be july and august when HO chaos probably were at its peak and all over the news which will take them 2-3 months and then September. So for decisions I am looking at June earliest. Just can not stop coming here and checking what is happening, checking my post etc knowing there is basically no good news waiting... :(

will be great if someone can post to links which can raise some hope... :(

cmpic

Post by cmpic » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:14 pm

london_2014 wrote:hI i strongly believe HO's "risk profiling system" have highlighted us as "needing further checkes". As a result, even though only a handful of approvals for May, June 2014 are coming through, I believe we (atleast a vast majority of us) are in for a long wait.

Currently a lot of may/ june decisions are coming through (again who were highlighted as "needing further checks". Then there will be july and august when HO chaos probably were at its peak and all over the news which will take them 2-3 months and then September. So for decisions I am looking at June earliest. Just can not stop coming here and checking what is happening, checking my post etc knowing there is basically no good news waiting... :(

will be great if someone can post to links which can raise some hope... :(
Agree that we've been sent for 'further checks'. But I am a bit more optimistic than you... hoping that the flurry of Jan, May and June approvals means "the pipes have been unblocked" and that we are close to the finish line.... :D

Sherza

Post by Sherza » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:35 pm

Same here guys. I applied on 18th September. Patiently waiting (or am I?). No convictions etc. Could do with approval :lol: :lol: :lol:

aumar

Post by aumar » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:02 pm

I am one of early Sep applicants. Still waiting and it is agonisingly painful to see people getting decisions in weeks and here we are approaching the 6 months mark( soon). I just called and they said it's still under consideration. It's not that I'm unhappy for all the people getting decisions but I feel it's unfair to all of us stuck in this. I went through my AN form that I submitted and I couldn't find any information that could take them 5 months to verify. They were quite keen to charge me within a week time and then it appears they have archived my application.

A friend of mine said that my progressive enquiries every 10 days have caused delays in my application process. He says, my application would be moved backward every time I make enquiries on the progress. Is it true?

The other question is I have to travel next month and I have my passport and biometric ILR card. So I believe I can travel but I'm little concerned that would the outcome of my application have any affect on my return and when I arrive back at the airport they might start questioning me. I'm only going for couple of weeks or may be a month at full stretch.

Last question is I am so pessimist that I sometime fear that due to the recently introduced extensive checks, they might cancel my ILR. I don't have any reason for them to do so but just a fear because I heard they will try their best to stop people getting settlement and naturalisation. Can they really?

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:18 pm

aumar wrote:I am one of early Sep applicants. Still waiting and it is agonisingly painful to see people getting decisions in weeks and here we are approaching the 6 months mark( soon). I just called and they said it's still under consideration. It's not that I'm unhappy for all the people getting decisions but I feel it's unfair to all of us stuck in this. I went through my AN form that I submitted and I couldn't find any information that could take them 5 months to verify. They were quite keen to charge me within a week time and then it appears they have archived my application.

A friend of mine said that my progressive enquiries every 10 days have caused delays in my application process. He says, my application would be moved backward every time I make enquiries on the progress. Is it true?

The other question is I have to travel next month and I have my passport and biometric ILR card. So I believe I can travel but I'm little concerned that would the outcome of my application have any affect on my return and when I arrive back at the airport they might start questioning me. I'm only going for couple of weeks or may be a month at full stretch.

Last question is I am so pessimist that I sometime fear that due to the recently introduced extensive checks, they might cancel my ILR. I don't have any reason for them to do so but just a fear because I heard they will try their best to stop people getting settlement and naturalisation. Can they really?
Why would they move ur application backwards if u r enquiring to get progress, that is bit silly to me. I dont think so that is the case. Gurus please comment on that.

london_2014

Post by london_2014 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:32 pm

aumar wrote:I am one of early Sep applicants. Still waiting and it is agonisingly painful to see people getting decisions in weeks and here we are approaching the 6 months mark( soon). I just called and they said it's still under consideration. It's not that I'm unhappy for all the people getting decisions but I feel it's unfair to all of us stuck in this. I went through my AN form that I submitted and I couldn't find any information that could take them 5 months to verify. They were quite keen to charge me within a week time and then it appears they have archived my application.

A friend of mine said that my progressive enquiries every 10 days have caused delays in my application process. He says, my application would be moved backward every time I make enquiries on the progress. Is it true?- Do not think so. Sounds like a myth to me.

The other question is I have to travel next month and I have my passport and biometric ILR card. So I believe I can travel but I'm little concerned that would the outcome of my application have any affect on my return and when I arrive back at the airport they might start questioning me. I'm only going for couple of weeks or may be a month at full stretch. Again should not be a problem. I did but it was no problem at all.

Do not think they will cancel your ILR without any material reason.

cov

Post by cov » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:59 am

Now I know that I have to wait for a very long time :shock: :shock:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-613379

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:11 am

cov wrote:Now I know that I have to wait for a very long time :shock: :shock:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-613379
Is it just me or number of approved applications is not correct?
I am pretty sure more than 40 people have had their approval from the month of September.

Gladwing
Newly Registered

Post by Gladwing » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:09 am

Thanks for sharing this but this does not give us much info as they have withheld information from October 2014 onwards. I am pretty sure quite a majority of September applicants have received their approvals during November/December timeframe and in my opinion based on the trend analysis there should be around 20% to 10% from September still pending and most of these are due to additional checks ..

aumar

Post by aumar » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:22 am

Thanks so much for your kind replies.

Recent FOI figures showing a huge backlog and I think average time is around 8/9 months now except the lucky ones who are getting the decisions quicker.

Surely, they is a way to raise our protest at a public forum where our concerns can be heard and reach out to the bosses. I feel, if perhaps we can all start campaigning for this, may be we can expect a fair treatment for us and for all the people applying in the future. I'm talking about those people waiting for 6 months and more. We are settled now and apparently hold the same rights as Brits, so why not we voice out like the passport delays issues and I'm sure this will do the trick?

Home office is a reactive institute and for such organisations, the pressure must be on to get things done. Just saying, please feel free to give your opinion.