ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Upcoming Ceremony in 2023/4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Yk_Krsh
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Re: Upcoming Ceremony in 2023

Post by Yk_Krsh » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:37 pm

so, pure speculation, but we should expect the ceremony around the first week of December (4-5th of Dec) with the invitations being sent out mid-November?

sv23367

Post by sv23367 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:50 am

Yk_Krsh wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:37 pm
so, pure speculation, but we should expect the ceremony around the first week of December (4-5th of Dec) with the invitations being sent out mid-November?
if the ceremony is happening in the 1st week of Dec,
Notification = 1st week of Nov
Invitations after the notification

Bluebird71
Ireland

Post by Bluebird71 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:09 pm

Does anyone have any idea when the next ceremony is likely to be ? Sorry if the question has been asked I just cant seem to see the thread ...

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:28 pm

sairsint wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:18 pm
I stopped quoting others here as the scrolling was getting out of control :D

I would encourage others to contact their TD's about these ceremonies. It's not much effort to send them an email and ask that this issue be brought up in debates with the MoJ. There's legislation that now supports this very thing (I've pasted the section earlier) so there is no reason other than the MoJ not wanting to do it, which really isn't a good reason in this situation.

At the very least, they can still hold these ceremonies if they truly want to have the publicity surrounding them and I'm sure some will attend, but they should offer the option for an approved applicant to skip it and sign the declaration elsewhere.
Contacting the correct TD has so far paid off as I've received a response. The following parliamentary question is pending an answer by the MoJ:

"To ask the Minister for Justice, in light of the current backlog in citizenship applications, her plans to allow for the taking of declarations and undertakings in naturalisation applications other than in citizenship ceremonies, as provided for in the Courts and Civil Law (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023; and if she will make a statement on the matter."

Even if we don't gain much clarity with the MoJ's response, at least the question is being asked and can be further clarified.

lxk
Ireland

Post by lxk » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:31 pm

sairsint wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:28 pm
sairsint wrote:

I would encourage others to contact their TD's about these ceremonies. It's not much effort to send them an email and ask that this issue be brought up in debates with the MoJ. There's legislation that now supports this very thing (I've pasted the section earlier) so there is no reason other than the MoJ not wanting to do it, which really isn't a good reason in this situation.

At the very least, they can still hold these ceremonies if they truly want to have the publicity surrounding them and I'm sure some will attend, but they should offer the option for an approved applicant to skip it and sign the declaration elsewhere.
Contacting the correct TD has so far paid off as I've received a response. The following parliamentary question is pending an answer by the MoJ:

"To ask the Minister for Justice, in light of the current backlog in citizenship applications, her plans to allow for the taking of declarations and undertakings in naturalisation applications other than in citizenship ceremonies, as provided for in the Courts and Civil Law (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023; and if she will make a statement on the matter."

Even if we don't gain much clarity with the MoJ's response, at least the question is being asked and can be further clarified.
That is definitely a good step forward. Well done.

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:15 pm

sairsint wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:28 pm
sairsint wrote:

Well done!! Can't wait for the response.

htwhtg
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by htwhtg » Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:54 pm

Parliamentpary Questions: dated Wed, 11 Oct 2023 under Citizenship Applications, Question 7 from Deputy Catherine Connolly: Deputy James Browne stated regarding prior and future ceremonies "ten having taken place so far and an additional seven planned for December."

drilunga
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by drilunga » Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:26 pm

Hi everyone!

I need some advice on a sensible topic. I'm a non-EU Citizen who applied for Irish Naturalisation based on marriage to an Irish Citizen living in Northern Ireland earlier in 2023. My application has already been approved, paid for, and processed on August 14th 2023. I wasn't invited to the October ceremony for the reason , I understand was to prioritise applicants from 2021 and 2022. My wife of 5 years sadly passed on August 23 2023. Given that my applicable was already approved, and only pending the invitation to future citizenship ceremonies.

I've also emailed the citizenship email and attached the required supporting documents for their perusal.

What do you think would happen to my applicable now my Irish Spouse is no longer? Thank you so much for your kind advice.

Note: I've posted this comment here since it's related to upcoming 2023 ceremonies. I apologise if my post offends anyone, and if there is someone else more appropriate, please kindly advise me so. Thank you for your understanding

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:31 pm

drilunga wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:26 pm
Hi everyone!

I need some advice on a sensible topic. I'm a non-EU Citizen who applied for Irish Naturalisation based on marriage to an Irish Citizen living in Northern Ireland earlier in 2023. My application has already been approved, paid for, and processed on August 14th 2023. I wasn't invited to the October ceremony for the reason , I understand was to prioritise applicants from 2021 and 2022. My wife of 5 years sadly passed on August 23 2023. Given that my applicable was already approved, and only pending the invitation to future citizenship ceremonies. What do you think would happen to my applicable now my Irish Spouse is no longer? Thank you so much for your kind advice.

Note: I've posted this comment here since it's related to upcoming 2023 ceremonies. I apologise if my post offends anyone, and if there is someone else more appropriate, please kindly advise me so. Thank you for your understanding
you have already been approved for naturalisation, I think there is no need to worry, things happen and you can not control it
sorry for your loss
I hope you are invited to next ceremony

drilunga
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by drilunga » Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:40 pm

tugii20 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:31 pm
drilunga wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:26 pm
Hi everyone!

I need some advice on a sensible topic. I'm a non-EU Citizen who applied for Irish Naturalisation based on marriage to an Irish Citizen living in Northern Ireland earlier in 2023. My application has already been approved, paid for, and processed on August 14th 2023. I wasn't invited to the October ceremony for the reason , I understand was to prioritise applicants from 2021 and 2022. My wife of 5 years sadly passed on August 23 2023. Given that my applicable was already approved, and only pending the invitation to future citizenship ceremonies. What do you think would happen to my applicable now my Irish Spouse is no longer? Thank you so much for your kind advice.

you have already been approved for naturalisation, I think there is no need to worry, things happen and you can not control it
sorry for your loss
I hope you are invited to next ceremony
@tugii20 thank you so much for your prompt response, it is much appreciated!

RCCar
Belarus

Post by RCCar » Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:32 pm

Did anyone who paid, payment was processed? My wife paid 10 days ago and form still in submitted state

ILLL
Ireland

Post by ILLL » Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:28 pm

“ The provisions referred to by the Deputy of the Courts and Civil Law (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 (applications under section 15 and 15A) facilitate the Minister in dispensing with the requirement to attend a ceremony and allow the applicant to make the declaration and give the undertaking in such manner as the Minister may specify (in this case, on affidavit). This process will be considered where the Minister is of the opinion that it is appropriate to do so in the interests of ensuring that such applications are dealt with in an efficient manner.”

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/qu ... itizenship

HADI03
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by HADI03 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:21 am

Hi all, has any one who became Irish citizen on 2October 2023 got their Certificate yet?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:54 am

HADI03 wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:21 am
Hi all, has any one who became Irish citizen on 2October 2023 got their Certificate yet?
People did - please read a few pages of this topic.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:50 pm

ILLL wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:28 pm
“ The provisions referred to by the Deputy of the Courts and Civil Law (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 (applications under section 15 and 15A) facilitate the Minister in dispensing with the requirement to attend a ceremony and allow the applicant to make the declaration and give the undertaking in such manner as the Minister may specify (in this case, on affidavit). This process will be considered where the Minister is of the opinion that it is appropriate to do so in the interests of ensuring that such applications are dealt with in an efficient manner.”

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/qu ... itizenship
This question came from my request of a TD to ask the MoJ about this very thing. It's actually the answer, or lack thereof that I was expecting from them:

"This process will be considered where the Minister is of the opinion that it is appropriate to do so in the interests of ensuring that such applications are dealt with in an efficient manner."

They continue to tout all the great efficiencies their process now has and provided only one sentence to actually addressing the TD's question. And with that answer it seems a backlog of 20,000 applications is not enough of a reason to enact or even consider this option. :roll:

I have to believe the MoJ prefers the showings these ceremonies present to the public and how they are providing more of them, etc., over and above doing everything within their power to clear the backlog. Very sad.

vanderjunior
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by vanderjunior » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:04 pm

RCCar wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:32 pm
Did anyone who paid, payment was processed? My wife paid 10 days ago and form still in submitted state
On the same boat. I paid on the 10th Oct and yet no update.

Applic83
Ireland

Post by Applic83 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:25 am

Is there any new citizenship customer message sent to 2021 and 2022 applicants not approved yet?? The last one I received was the evetting update message dated 14 of August. I’m wondering if there are further messages I haven’t received, especially that they committed to quarterly status update

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:15 am

If it's quarterly, wouldn't it be at the end of next quarter, ie late November?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Applic83
Ireland

Post by Applic83 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:18 am

meself2 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:15 am
Well, 14th of August wasn't really end of Q3.. They sent a message on 8th of June and another on the 14th of August. You might be right, I don't know. I was just checking there wasn't one I haven't missed

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:51 am

Applic83 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:18 am
meself2 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:15 am
Well, 14th of August wasn't really end of Q3.. They sent a message on 8th of June and another on the 14th of August. You might be right, I don't know. I was just checking there wasn't one I haven't missed
Fair, but doubt that - it'll be all over the board I'd say.

Fred13
Ireland

Post by Fred13 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:13 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a question about the correspondence that has been made on June 8th, quoted below:

"Stage 3: Final Stage Processing
As we receive the results from eVetting we will progress files as quickly as possible. Delays will only occur if we have not received all the information we require and need to contact you again."

The results of my eVetting were received by them in early July, and now we are approaching the end of October. I have not been contacted by them, neither for a decision on my application nor for a request for additional documents.

Does anyone know what this implies? What does "as quickly as possible" mean to them? Four months?

Is anyone else also waiting for a decision after completing the eVetting process for around four months?"

Thanks all.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:35 pm

Fred13 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:13 pm
Does anyone know what this implies? What does "as quickly as possible" mean to them? Four months?
Maybe. Maybe more. Only they know.
Fred13 wrote:
Is anyone else also waiting for a decision after completing the eVetting process for around four months?"
It depends, some people were waiting for a year (eg post2120697.html#p2120697 ).

Applic83
Ireland

Post by Applic83 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:41 am

meself2 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:35 pm
Fred13 wrote:
Fred13 wrote:
It depends, some people were waiting for a year (eg post2120697.html#p2120697 ).
The post in the link got approval after 7 months of completing evetting, not a year. Hopefully no one will need to wait a whole year for that. I really wish you all the best. And hopefully you’ll receive the letter soon

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:44 am

Fred13 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have a question about the correspondence that has been made on June 8th, quoted below:

"Stage 3: Final Stage Processing
As we receive the results from eVetting we will progress files as quickly as possible. Delays will only occur if we have not received all the information we require and need to contact you again."

The results of my eVetting were received by them in early July, and now we are approaching the end of October. I have not been contacted by them, neither for a decision on my application nor for a request for additional documents.

Thanks all.
My solicitor sent an email asking the same and they said my application continues to be processed and they will contact her as soon as the decision is made. They also stated that they can not confirm the timeline but will reach out to her in the due course. Honestly, My evetting completed nearly 3 months back.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:23 am

Applic83 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:41 am
meself2 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:35 pm
Fred13 wrote:
Fred13 wrote:
The post in the link got approval after 7 months of completing evetting, not a year. Hopefully no one will need to wait a whole year for that. I really wish you all the best. And hopefully you’ll receive the letter soon
Hopefully and it's very much speeding up indeed. It's just we can't judge timelines here really, as there's no commitment from ISD side bar 19 months of processing, which they can and do breach.
They tend to send out approvals a month and a half/a month before the ceremony, so possibly that's a factor.