ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:08 pm

Congrats Nuchi, wish you all the best. good luck with your husband's appeal.
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

SDP

Post by SDP » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:34 pm

Nuchi wrote:Hello everyone! Just got the news from the solicitor office. Granted 2.5 years dis.leave. :D
Have to wait 10 years for the PR. and I just check the home office website, it says need a certificate of travel to visit other countries. Some European countries even not accepting it. I don't know much. Any body have any experience on this type of visa? Can you visit your home country?

Anyway thanx for your support guys!

My husbands story and the time line.

He is a Refused asylum seeker applied under the family life (myself and daughter have the limited leave to remain for 5years)

Application sent: 08.2012
Biometric did: 02.2013
Received the card: 08.2013
Congratulations !

Call me dude
Nigeria

Post by Call me dude » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:45 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
Call me dude wrote:
Nuchi wrote:Hello everyone! Just got the news from the solicitor office. Granted 2.5 years dis.leave. :D
Have to wait 10 years for the PR. and I just check the home office website, it says need a certificate of travel to visit other countries. Some European countries even not accepting it. I don't know much. Any body have any experience on this type of visa? Can you visit your home country?

He is a Refused asylum seeker applied under the family life (myself and daughter have the limited leave to remain for 5years)

Congrat nuchi....can't wait to get a good news like yours.enjoy your freedom.
We all will Call me dude. September is a good month to be freed in time for Xmas!

Amen oo...dapsonlee.getting depressed every day.i have involved my mp..was told to wait and that if i don't hear anything by October I should let her know.very frustrating.
It is well

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:48 pm

Congratulations Nuchi!!!!
More good news to follow tomorrow in this forum!!! :D

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:01 pm

Call me dude wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
Call me dude wrote:

We all will Call me dude. September is a good month to be freed in time for Xmas!

Amen oo...dapsonlee.getting depressed every day.i have involved my mp..was told to wait and that if i don't hear anything by October I should let her know.very frustrating.
It's unfortunate that the attention of these MPs have been shifted elsewhere for now cos they just all got back from holiday yesterday to vote on this Invading Syria or not today. I guess we will see how active they become over the course of this September which is on Sunday. I pray we all hear some news before the date given by your MP in Jesus Name (Amen).

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:10 pm

@Nuchi, Congratulations! its not how long but how well. It is well with you and your household.

poketoholo

Post by poketoholo » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:47 pm

Congrats! @Nuchi...may we all receive favour from God ! from tomorrow!
Call HO this morning, the lady put me on hold for about 10min, came bk and asked if i had receive any feedback from the HO, i said i did receive one in June saying "they are working to be on schedule by summer bla bla bla" she then put me on hold and came bk after about 5min, and say application not completed yet, i now asked what was causing the delay, she said they are dealing with it, i again asked how long do i have to wait, she answered and said it's going to be a short wait.

Persistence overcomes Resistance!
pt

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:54 pm

poketoholo wrote:Congrats! @Nuchi...may we all receive favour from God ! from tomorrow!
Call HO this morning, the lady put me on hold for about 10min, came bk and asked if i had receive any feedback from the HO, i said i did receive one in June saying "they are working to be on schedule by summer bla bla bla" she then put me on hold and came bk after about 5min, and say application not completed yet, i now asked what was causing the delay, she said they are dealing with it, i again asked how long do i have to wait, she answered and said it's going to be a short wait.

Persistence overcomes Resistance!
I have a feeling you will hear from there in the next 2 weeks. I pray your wait will be over very sooooooooonn.....

poketoholo

Post by poketoholo » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:09 pm

Thank u Time503..and u too..and all of us waiting! God bless!
pt

Call me dude
Nigeria

Post by Call me dude » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:10 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
Call me dude wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
Call me dude wrote:

It's unfortunate that the attention of these MPs have been shifted elsewhere for now cos they just all got back from holiday yesterday to vote on this Invading Syria or not today. I guess we will see how active they become over the course of this September which is on Sunday. I pray we all hear some news before the date given by your MP in Jesus Name (Amen).

BIG Amen to that.
It is well

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:34 pm

Important new case – policy of granting 3 years DLR to children ruled unlawful by High Court!

On 8 May 2013 the Administrative Court, through Holman J gave judgment in the case of R on the application of SM and TM v SSHD [2013] EWHC 1144 (Admin), a case that the Claimants won and which is, in my view, of enormous importance, as a direct access immigration barrister who represents a large number of clients with children the case is good news and its importance cannot be overstated.

The challenge was to the SSHD’s policy of granting minors (and adults) 3 years Discretionary Leave to Remain (“DLR”) instead of Indefinite Leave to Remain (“ILR”), a policy that in any event was replaced on 9 July 2012 by the evening more restrictive grant of only 30 months leave.

It was argued that a policy that left children in a state of uncertainty was in breach of the Secretary of State’s obligations under Section 55 of the Borders, Citizenship and Immigration Act 2009. The Judge, Holman J, in a clear and well reasoned decision agreed and ruled the policy unlawful. Importantly he also gave a clear indication that the new policy of only granting 30 months leave to remain was also susceptible to challenge.

This case has wide ranging consequences for anyone who has or has had the child(ren) been granted either 3 years DLR or 30 months DLR.

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Adm ... /1144.html

SDP

Post by SDP » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:11 pm

hatchsead wrote:Important new case – policy of granting 3 years DLR to children ruled unlawful by High Court!

On 8 May 2013 the Administrative Court, through Holman J gave judgment in the case of R on the application of SM and TM v SSHD [2013] EWHC 1144 (Admin), a case that the Claimants won and which is, in my view, of enormous importance, as a direct access immigration barrister who represents a large number of clients with children the case is good news and its importance cannot be overstated.

The challenge was to the SSHD’s policy of granting minors (and adults) 3 years Discretionary Leave to Remain (“DLR”) instead of Indefinite Leave to Remain (“ILR”), a policy that in any event was replaced on 9 July 2012 by the evening more restrictive grant of only 30 months leave.

It was argued that a policy that left children in a state of uncertainty was in breach of the Secretary of State’s obligations under Section 55 of the Borders, Citizenship and Immigration Act 2009. The Judge, Holman J, in a clear and well reasoned decision agreed and ruled the policy unlawful. Importantly he also gave a clear indication that the new policy of only granting 30 months leave to remain was also susceptible to challenge.

This case has wide ranging consequences for anyone who has or has had the child(ren) been granted either 3 years DLR or 30 months DLR.

That's good news!

Khaldoon

Post by Khaldoon » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:14 pm

Hi and GD afternoon everyone:
Big congrats to Nuchi, and for every got granted so fare, and pray to Allah to be with those who still fighting as my self to get a proper treatment that satisfy their hops from The Home Office,

Can any one answer my question?
How come there are people applied after my for FLR(o) got granted while I'm still desperately waiting to get a response from Home Office?

My timeline :
Applied 29th July 2012
Bio-metric done: 16th Feb 2013

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:21 pm

good evening people, congratulations to nuchi and wishing you all the best for the future...
@Gods authority, it is well with you sis and i pray the lord will strengthen you and give you cause to celebrate......
@verbina, how are you doing today babes???
@everyone i am still praying for you all, your waiting shall not be in vain, please do not lose hope , and the lord almighty will cause you all to rejoice soon....i rebuke every spirit of depression, tiredness , and hopelessness in jesus name...pls guys remember when God is at work there is nothing like a weak case.... ....there is light at the end of the tunnel...God bless you all...muaaahhh

johnny04

Re: English Language Requirement

Post by johnny04 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:05 pm

Believe2013 wrote:
johnny04 wrote:Hello all,

Can anyone help me with this query please......

Do you need to meet the english language requirement for a fresh (not an extension of stay) UK FLRO - Private and Family Life application.
Do you hold any higher education certification obtained in this country? If yes then NO, or if you are from the countries below - no need to meet English language requirement

Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, ,Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, the USA
My partner does not qualify for an exemption and no valid ID at the moment hence the FLRO application. It appears on the FLRO guidance that the english language requirement is only for those applying for an extension of stay after expiry of initial stay.

Please is there anyone that submitted application on or after July 2012 that included evidence of english language requirements???

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:11 pm

Khaldoon wrote:Hi and GD afternoon everyone:
Big congrats to Nuchi, and for every got granted so fare, and pray to Allah to be with those who still fighting as my self to get a proper treatment that satisfy their hops from The Home Office,

Can any one answer my question?
How come there are people applied after my for FLR(o) got granted while I'm still desperately waiting to get a response from Home Office?

My timeline :
Applied 29th July 2012
Bio-metric done: 16th Feb 2013
Good evening all,

Very useful thanks Hatchsead

@Khaldoon , I think that's one for the caseworkers. I suspect to tinker with the backlog figures they somehow stupidly used a system called LIFO last in first out as opposed to good old fashioned FIFO first in first out.

Hi yummymummy3j, thanks for your undying support, prayers and encouragement.

carrotcake
Newly Registered

Post by carrotcake » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:23 pm

Ho sent a letter to my hubby's solicitor requesting for more documents....good news on the way IJN. Application made sept 2012. British wife and child

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:25 pm

johnny04 wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:

Do you need to meet the english language requirement for a fresh (not an extension of stay) UK FLRO - Private and Family Life application.
Do you hold any higher education certification obtained in this country? If yes then NO, or if you are from the countries below - no need to meet English language requirement

Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, ,Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, the USA
My partner does not qualify for an exemption and no valid ID at the moment hence the FLRO application. It appears on the FLRO guidance that the english language requirement is only for those applying for an extension of stay after expiry of initial stay.

Please is there anyone that submitted application on or after July 2012 that included evidence of english language requirements???
Johnny it clearly states it's a requirement on the form, there is no way round it unfortunately. P20 of the form states
From 9 July 2012, a person who applies to enter or remain in the UK as a parent, unless they are exempt from the
requirement, are required to show that they can speak and understand English. If you are not a national of a majority
English-speaking country (see note 1 below) you will need to pass an acceptable English language test with the
test provider approved by the UK Border Agency for this purpose (see Note 3 below), or to produce specified evidence
that you have an academic qualification which is deemed to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s
degree in the UK

Your wife will be exempt if she suffers from a mental or physical condition which bars her from taking the exam. she will have to be certified by a doctor.[/b]

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:45 pm

Hey hey hey!!!! @nuchi congratulations to your whole family!! Finally free! Have a wonderful life ahead!!!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:15 pm

@carrot cake yr husband shall be granted his visa soon in jesus name.....congrats in advance

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:24 pm

johnny04 wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:

I submitted my application in September 2012 and included evidence of English language

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:07 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:good evening people, congratulations to nuchi and wishing you all the best for the future...
@Gods authority, it is well with you sis and i pray the lord will strengthen you and give you cause to celebrate......
@verbina, how are you doing today babes???
@everyone i am still praying for you all, your waiting shall not be in vain, please do not lose hope , and the lord almighty will cause you all to rejoice soon....i rebuke every spirit of depression, tiredness , and hopelessness in jesus name...pls guys remember when God is at work there is nothing like a weak case.... ....there is light at the end of the tunnel...God bless you all...muaaahhh
@ yummymummy3j hey hey hey im all good love! Thank you for asking!! In london with my other half's work thing, cant stay away from the forum!! Sneakily checking it on my phone!!!! Xxx

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:14 pm

OMG!!!!!! People!! Christmas s coming! They started advertising xmas parties here already!!! WTF?! I do hope we all get granted soon way before christmas!!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:48 pm

Ooops sorry dont know how to delete this double post again!!

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

FLR O application refused

Post by amjadleeds » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:57 pm

hatchsead wrote:Important new case – policy of granting 3 years DLR to children ruled unlawful by High Court!

Hi Mate

thank it is really useful document, my family flro application refused even main applicant ILR application is pending, kids 9 years in this country, interest of kids, private life, seven year rule , even suggestion kids have good life in other country, even mention they don't have leave to remain, even apply well time before flr expire, even ILR main applicant is under process. Even other two kids died in this country their graves here etc, even youngest one undergoing serious disease .
Hope this judgement will in case of my family.
Regards
amjad from leeds