ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ashi Mukhtar
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Ashi Mukhtar » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:17 pm

Khayrulewara wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:26 pm
This is the email we got on the 8th of November
 Dear xxxxxxx ,

The processed visa application for GWF reference number -  gwf***** was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 11/7/2018 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.

If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.

Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

I'm confused in email it says recieved 7 of July and we recieved this 11 of November and they still saying it with the decision team I don't know anymore I'm confused so much
I am really afraid....going tomorrow to collect passport....aftr 11 months today I received msg saying your application was received 12/11/2018.
I escalated my case on 20 nov 2018...he said my application is still in waiting list...aftr 5 days of escalation email received my application is escalated and decision will be made as soon as possible...now I am affraid..what happened tomorrow..

Miyash
Pakistan

Post by Miyash » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:20 pm

[quote=Khayrulewara post_id=1715885 time=1544534808 user_id=192951]
 Dear xxxxxxx ,

The processed visa application for GWF reference number -  gwf***** was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 11/7/2018 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.

If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.

Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

I'm confused in email it says recieved 7 of July and we recieved this 11 of November and they still saying it with the decision team I don't know anymore I'm confused

your hubby should go to ukvi centre where he submited the passport to collect it. im sure this is the final email.bese of luck.

Khayrulewara
Pakistan

Post by Khayrulewara » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:31 pm

Miyash wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:20 pm
Khayrulewara wrote:
 Dear xxxxxxx ,

I'm confused in email it says recieved 7 of July and we recieved this 11 of November and they still saying it with the decision team I don't know anymore I'm confused

your hubby should go to ukvi centre where he submited the passport to collect it. im sure this is the final email.bese of luck.
Well wen we got this email they asked for him to give a new passport because the old one had expired and he gave a new one 3 days later and now it's been a month since then and they said they would call him but he still hasn't got the call

Khayrulewara
Pakistan

Post by Khayrulewara » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:32 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:27 pm
UKVI are known to provide different status updates at different times. I would get MP to write to them and find out why its taking so long.

In the mean time continue having sabr and waiting because you have done it so well so far and it's nearly coming to an end now InshaAllah. I hope your hubby is worth it and makes up for it when his in the UK by providing for you and your children!

Yes so I emailed mp once again and he said he will cause it. Honeslty i hope we get some good news soon

Miyash
Pakistan

Post by Miyash » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:37 pm

Khayrulewara wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:31 pm
Miyash wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:20 pm
Khayrulewara wrote:
 Dear xxxxxxx ,

Well wen we got this email they asked for him to give a new passport because the old one had expired and he gave a new one 3 days later and now it's been a month since then and they said they would call him but he still hasn't got the call
oh alright.and the date format which they use is month/date/year .so dont be confused it was rceived on 7/11/18.we r waiting since january without any response. 😥

henryinlondon1988
Newly Registered
China

Post by henryinlondon1988 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:36 pm

Hi,
Visa Type: Spouse Visa
Application from: Shanghai, China
Non-priority
Biometrics: 23rd June 2018
Post all supporting documents to Sheffield: 12th July 2018
Received all documents back: 12th Aug 2018
Received email our case is not straightforward: 18th Sep
Escalated to MP: 6th November

Decision: Just received message passport was posted to us on 11th December

I am a sole trader and selfemployed. The last 5 months have been very difficult, to say the least. I thought our visa is gonna take more than 9 months like extreme cases I have heard on the forum.
I just received message the decision has been made and I hope for the best
WIsh everyone get your spouse visa soon I understand how difficult this process is.

Laiba_123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Laiba_123 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:20 pm

Laiba_123 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:09 am
This will be long but bear with me...
Country applying from: Lahore, Pakistan
Type of visa applied for: Spouse Settlement Husband (non priority)
Application submitted: 28th March 2018
Biometrics enrolled at: 4 April 2018
Supporting documents sent to Sheffield on: 6th April 2018
Supporting documents received back from Sheffield on: Not yet

Email received to my solicitor that my application is with Entry Clearance officer: 18/04/18
Sponsor contacted by UKVI (if applicable): 28th June, was about 23 minutes call
Employer contact by UKVI: Same day and right after my call
Email received with 'application is not straightforward': Did not receive

I emailed them several times in September, October and November. All their replies are helpless! They escalated my case on 1st October 2018 and told me I'll get an reply in 15 working days.

22/10/18 - Email received to my solicitor:

Dear Mr XXXX

Regarding Visa Application: XXXX
For XXXX

We have received an enquiry regarding your application process.
We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however please be assured that we are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to.
We appreciate your patience at this time, and will update you as and when we have any additional information.

Reply from escalation
Dear XXXX,

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay and inconvenience.
We have escalated your case to the concerned authority and who will contact you as soon as possible.

Your patience is highly appreciated.

It's been 161 working days since biometric and more than 7 months and I haven't gotten a decision. I don't know what to do. My solicitor told me to make an appointment with the local MP but was reading some of your comments saying they give the same reply to the MP.
They are being so annoying and it's killing me inside. Everyone that has applied after me got a reply within 3 months, few of family members, just my husband's case is taking long.
So after getting your replies, I involved my local MP and went to visit him on the 20th Nov. I emailed HO on 6/11/2018 for an update and received a reply today. It says:

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that we have made a decision on your application. We cannot discuss the outcome of your application on-line or by telephone. However the visa application centre will be in contact with you in regards to collection or delivery of your passport.

We strongly recommend that you do not buy a non-refundable, non-flexible ticket to the UK, until your visa application has been approved and you have received your documents.

Regards,

Xxxxx
UK Visas and Immigration

I read a few comments saying they sometimes say that and but doesn't mean they've actually made a decision. Can you tell me if that's true and can you tell me how long will take for my husband to receive the call/text to collect his passport?

Replies are much appreciated, thank you.

uddin000
United Kingdom

Post by uddin000 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:59 pm

Here my timeline..

Spouse visa settlement (2nd application)
Applicant Country: bangladesh (Wife)
Non-priority
Online application: 8/10/2018
Biometrics completed: 10/10/2018

Documents returned with letter from UKVI: 3/11/2018

Recieved Email " Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer" on 12/11/2018

Employers contacted for phone interview: 7 December 2018

Sponsor contacted for phone interview: 7 december 2018

Awaiting final result..

Bilal4500
Pakistan

Post by Bilal4500 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:31 am

henryinlondon1988 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:36 pm
Hi,
Visa Type: Spouse Visa
Application from: Shanghai, China
Non-priority
Biometrics: 23rd June 2018
Post all supporting documents to Sheffield: 12th July 2018
Received all documents back: 12th Aug 2018
Received email our case is not straightforward: 18th Sep
Escalated to MP: 6th November

Decision: Just received message passport was posted to us on 11th December

I am a sole trader and selfemployed. The last 5 months have been very difficult, to say the least. I thought our visa is gonna take more than 9 months like extreme cases I have heard on the forum.
I just received message the decision has been made and I hope for the best
WIsh everyone get your spouse visa soon I understand how difficult this process is.
Hi my biometric was at 26 june, i Havent involved mp yet, do u think its good idea to involved him in, answer will b appreciative thanks

Ashi Mukhtar
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Ashi Mukhtar » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:10 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:40 am
Means passport is ready for collection. You can go gerrys to collect it InshaAllah.
Final update...got my visa today Alhumdillah..
timeline below
online application:15 jan 2018
Biometrics:26 jan 2018
Not straight forward email:16 April 2018
escalated many times but same reply wait wait.but Alhumdillah today got my passport back with visa.

Mrin
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Mrin » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:04 am

Mrin wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:17 pm
Hi,
I am following this forum for a long time but did not write till now. My details-
Applied online application- 24/Dec 2017 (Non priority)
Biometric- 31 Dec 2017
Application received e-mail- 30 jan 2018
Not straight forward e-mail: 23 march
Escalated the case when inquired: 4 times
Contacted 2 MPs and they were told that the case has been escalated, but we did not hear anything from HO until we wrote to Shefield in October that if within 10 days we don't get a decision we will apply for a judicial review as it has gone beyond any acceptable time frame.. Solicitor received an email asking for child's IHS payment on 22nd october. My husband paid on 23rd October. On 29th October we received an email form BRP office that they cannot provide me with the BRP immediately as they have some technical problem and they will contact me within 5 working days and update me. they wrote to me again in November 3rd that my BRP is ready for Collection. In the mean time my husband call and learned that a decision has been made but when that the contact center guy couldn't tell. Till today I am waiting for my passport but nothing. The VFS in Dhaka is saying they know nothing and will call me when they receive my passport. I am devastated. After 11 months I receive decision and still cannot get the passport. Can anyone suggest what I can do to locate my passport? I am afraid my vignette will be over by the time I get the passport. I am also afraid that they lost my passport or is delaying intentionally for giving me pain. So upset that cannot think straight. Please help me.
After 11 months and 12 days I have received my passport today. Alhamdulillah visa granted. Please pray for me and my family.

Bilal4500
Pakistan

Post by Bilal4500 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:23 pm

Ashi Mukhtar wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:10 am
Londoner007 wrote:
Means passport is ready for collection. You can go gerrys to collect it InshaAllah.
timeline below
escalated many times but same reply wait wait.but Alhumdillah today got my passport back with visa.
Congratulations, did you involved mp in your case?

Bilal4500
Pakistan

Post by Bilal4500 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:24 pm

Mrin wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:04 am
Mrin wrote:
Hi,
I am following this forum for a long time but did not write till now. My details-
Biometric- 31 Dec 2017
Contacted 2 MPs and they were told that the case has been escalated, but we did not hear anything from HO until we wrote to Shefield in October that if within 10 days we don't get a decision we will apply for a judicial review as it has gone beyond any acceptable time frame.. Solicitor received an email asking for child's IHS payment on 22nd october. My husband paid on 23rd October. On 29th October we received an email form BRP office that they cannot provide me with the BRP immediately as they have some technical problem and they will contact me within 5 working days and update me. they wrote to me again in November 3rd that my BRP is ready for Collection. In the mean time my husband call and learned that a decision has been made but when that the contact center guy couldn't tell. Till today I am waiting for my passport but nothing. The VFS in Dhaka is saying they know nothing and will call me when they receive my passport. I am devastated. After 11 months I receive decision and still cannot get the passport. Can anyone suggest what I can do to locate my passport? I am afraid my vignette will be over by the time I get the passport. I am also afraid that they lost my passport or is delaying intentionally for giving me pain. So upset that cannot think straight. Please help me.
After 11 months and 12 days I have received my passport today. Alhamdulillah visa granted. Please pray for me and my family.
Congratulations

Miyash
Pakistan

Post by Miyash » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:05 pm

Ashi Mukhtar wrote:
Londoner007 wrote:
timeline below
mubark dear😚

Miyash
Pakistan

Post by Miyash » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:06 pm

Mrin wrote:
Mrin wrote:
Hi,
Biometric- 31 Dec 2017
congrats

Ashi Mukhtar
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Ashi Mukhtar » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:26 pm

Bilal4500 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:23 pm
Ashi Mukhtar wrote:
Londoner007 wrote:
timeline below
No I didn't involved mp

Khayrulewara
Pakistan

Post by Khayrulewara » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:45 am

Ashi Mukhtar wrote:
Londoner007 wrote:
timeline below
Omg congratulations that's such great news. My husband did his biometrics on 26th jan 2018 too. I hope we get some good news like u too soon

Khayrulewara
Pakistan

Post by Khayrulewara » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:46 am

Mrin wrote:
Mrin wrote:
Hi,
Biometric- 31 Dec 2017

Congratulations pray for is been waiting since January nearly a year now

Bilal4500
Pakistan

Post by Bilal4500 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:23 am

Ashi Mukhtar wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:26 pm
Bilal4500 wrote:
Ashi Mukhtar wrote:
Londoner007 wrote:
timeline below
No I didn't involved mp
Di u think it is good idea to involved mp or not???

Bilal4500
Pakistan

Post by Bilal4500 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:24 am

Ashi Mukhtar wrote:
Bilal4500 wrote:
Ashi Mukhtar wrote:
Londoner007 wrote:
timeline below
No I didn't involved mp

Khayrulewara
Pakistan

Post by Khayrulewara » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:47 am

Bilal4500 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:24 am
Ashi Mukhtar wrote:
Bilal4500 wrote:
Ashi Mukhtar wrote:

timeline below
No I didn't involved mp
Its os good to involve mp as I did. But they do get t9ld the same thing as they tell us but they can help a little bit by trying to speed it up. Try contacting mp might help u too. I'm still waiting since January 2018

Bilal4500
Pakistan

Post by Bilal4500 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:19 pm

Khayrulewara wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:47 am
Bilal4500 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:24 am
Ashi Mukhtar wrote:
Bilal4500 wrote:

No I didn't involved mp
Its os good to involve mp as I did. But they do get t9ld the same thing as they tell us but they can help a little bit by trying to speed it up. Try contacting mp might help u too. I'm still waiting since January 2018
Ok thanks, shall i email my mp or book the appointment and meet him personally?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:22 pm

Whatever way you can reach them
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Bilal4500
Pakistan

Post by Bilal4500 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:57 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:22 pm
Whatever way you can reach them
Ok thanks

Laiba_123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Laiba_123 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:25 pm

So a few days back I received an emailing saying:
Dear XXXX,

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that we have made a decision on your application. We cannot discuss the outcome of your application on-line or by telephone. However the visa application centre will be in contact with you in regards to collection or delivery of your passport.

We strongly recommend that you do not buy a non-refundable, non-flexible ticket to the UK, until your visa application has been approved and you have received your documents.

Regards,

Xxxxx
UK Visas and Immigration

So emailed them back saying if they know when my husband will get the call/text

Today I received an email saying:
Dear xxxx

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre. I sincerely apologise for the delay in my response.

With regards to your enquiry, once a decision has been made you will receive a confirmation E-mail and your documents, however there is no time frame I can provide to give you a precise date in which you will receive this.

Kind Regards,
xxxx
UK Visas and Immigration

They only confirmed in the first email but in this emailing they are saying i'll receive an confirmation email stating that a decision has been made, which I have not. I am very confused. Can someone tell me what they think or have any experience. Has a decision been made or not?