ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

k77

Post by k77 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:54 pm

Hi justiceseeker,
It is better to make a complaint rather than doing nothing.You might have heard this famous saying in Hindi and Urdu that "A mother won't feed the child untill he cries"

If there is a procedure available for something why not make use of it.

arthurlvice
Newly Registered

ILR (M) Applied By Post And Waiting

Post by arthurlvice » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:59 pm

Application Submitted : 9 Feb 2013
Confirmation Letter Received : 18 Feb 2013
Awaiting next step ....

Will keep you updated .

Was hoping to see more positive stories . Any news that UKBA processing times will be/are improving ?

Baxx

Re: ILR (M) Applied By Post And Waiting

Post by Baxx » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:54 am

arthurlvice wrote:Application Submitted : 9 Feb 2013
Confirmation Letter Received : 18 Feb 2013
Awaiting next step ....

Will keep you updated .

Was hoping to see more positive stories . Any news that UKBA processing times will be/are improving ?
What category are you applying under?
It seems some category applicants are successful in shorter time while the rest seem to be suffering from backlogs that keep growing in volume.

arthurlvice
Newly Registered

Post by arthurlvice » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:02 am

Baxx wrote , "What category are you applying under?
It seems some category applicants are successful in shorter time while the rest seem to be suffering from backlogs that keep growing in volume."

Sorry for the confusion Baxx . I thought my message header would explain the type of application . It is a set form (M) application .

Baxx

Post by Baxx » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:10 am

Ah!
Sorry, I tend not to look at the header, my fault.
SET(M) is taking 3 - 4 months in many cases, some extending to wait for 6 months, unlike SET(O) tier1/work permit which now waiting well over 6 months.
Hope this helps.
arthurlvice wrote:Baxx wrote , "What category are you applying under?
It seems some category applicants are successful in shorter time while the rest seem to be suffering from backlogs that keep growing in volume."

Sorry for the confusion Baxx . I thought my message header would explain the type of application . It is a set form (M) application .

Justiceseeker

Post by Justiceseeker » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:39 am

k77 wrote:Hi justiceseeker,
It is better to make a complaint rather than doing nothing.You might have heard this famous saying in Hindi and Urdu that "A mother won't feed the child untill he cries"

If there is a procedure available for something why not make use of it.
I'm not going to argue with an ancient wisdom, perhaps below will be self-explanatory:

'Poor service'

In his latest report,, on the UKBA's handling of legacy asylum and migration cases, Mr Vine found a third of letters from lawyers and MPs were repeat requests for information about ongoing asylum cases.

"By any benchmark of a public sector organisation, that's a poor level of service," he said before adding that complaints handling in other parts of the UKBA he had inspected had been "equally poor".

He said 7% of UKBA files had gone missing and others had been duplicated and were "floating" around the system - but the biggest problem was the organisation's working culture.

"Workers in the agency don't see the people behind the files," he told the MPs.

Last month, Mr Vine accused the UKBA of supplying inaccurate information to MPs about the backlog of asylum cases and said Parliament had received incorrect assurances about progress.

Jonathan Sedgwick, the UKBA's director of international operations, apologised to the Home Affairs Committee for what he said was an "inadvertent" mistake.

He said the agency had always tried to give MPs accurate information on unresolved cases but there was a "necessary imprecision" about the figures because of the number of years over which they had accumulated.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20601282

ants2009
Newly Registered

Post by ants2009 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:30 pm

Hi All

just thought i'd add to the thread, the more posts the better.

We applied for ILR using form SET (O) , 2 applicants (one dependant) under UK Ancestry.

-Initial UK Ancestry visa expired 15th Feb 2013
-Completed Life in the UK test 2nd Feb 2013
-Posted application by special delivery with all documents on 6th Feb.
-Money taken from Amex on 8th Feb
-Received letter confirming application on 13th Feb, dated 8th Feb
-Received Biometric letter 19th Feb, dated 18th Feb
Will complete Biometrics at local post office this Friday.

Will update with any new info as it arrives.
Last edited by ants2009 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sugadev

Post by sugadev » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:37 pm

ants2009 wrote:Hi All

just thought i'd add to the thread, the more posts the better.

We applied for ILR, 2 applicants (one dependant) under UK Ancestry.

-Initial UK Ancestry visa expired 15th Feb 2013
-Completed Life in the UK test 2nd Feb 2013
-Posted application with all documents on 7th Feb.
-Money taken from Amex on 8th Feb
-Received letter confirming application on 13th Feb, dated 8th Feb
-Received Biometric letter 19th Feb, dated 18th Feb
Will complete Biometrics at local post office this Friday.

Will update with any new info as it arrives.
This is fast; I mean the biometric invitation letter. Hope you will have your ILR soon. Making me think that UKBA is speeding up now for fresh applications.

SHAZINA
Newly Registered

Post by SHAZINA » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:44 pm

CAN ANYONE HELP WITH ANY EXPERIENCES ON EXPEDITING THEIR APPLICATION.

MY MOTHER IN LAW IS VERY ILL AND MY HUSBAND NEEDS TO TRAVEL WE APPLIED UNDER SET M, ON THE 13TH DECEMBER, DONE BIOMETRICS ON THE 9TH JAN.

WE HAVE WROTE TO THEM PROVIDING ALL EVIDENCE BUT NOT HEARD BACK

Justiceseeker

Post by Justiceseeker » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:31 pm

SHAZINA wrote:CAN ANYONE HELP WITH ANY EXPERIENCES ON EXPEDITING THEIR APPLICATION.

MY MOTHER IN LAW IS VERY ILL AND MY HUSBAND NEEDS TO TRAVEL WE APPLIED UNDER SET M, ON THE 13TH DECEMBER, DONE BIOMETRICS ON THE 9TH JAN.

SHAZINA - my father passed away on 6th of Feb. My adviser sent UKBA all docs on 7th of Feb. Since then nothing, I checked with UKBA no progress with my application.

SHAZINA
Newly Registered

Post by SHAZINA » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:43 pm

Justiceseeker wrote:
SHAZINA wrote:CAN ANYONE HELP WITH ANY EXPERIENCES ON EXPEDITING THEIR APPLICATION.

SHAZINA - my father passed away on 6th of Feb. My adviser sent UKBA all docs on 7th of Feb. Since then nothing, I checked with UKBA no progress with my application.
what application did u make set M?

Justiceseeker

Post by Justiceseeker » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:55 pm

SHAZINA wrote:
Justiceseeker wrote:

Set (O)!

SHAZINA
Newly Registered

Post by SHAZINA » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:11 pm

Justiceseeker wrote:
SHAZINA wrote:
Justiceseeker wrote:

Set (O)!
ours is set m after two years intial spouse visa im guessing pretty straight forward.did u provide dem with evidence,also how did your advisors contact dem.my mp got in touch and dey sed if we provide evidence dey will consider so we have sent all medical reports now.

wen did u apply?

imranshahid
Newly Registered

Post by imranshahid » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:35 pm

imranshahid

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:33 pm Post subject: August 18th; SET( O)
Hi all,
August 18th SET(O) applicant , past six months now and still waiting . Biometrics done on 21-11-12.
Don't really fancy calling UKBA , might call them next week , even though its not worth.

Thanks

neerukonda9
Newly Registered

ILR at last

Post by neerukonda9 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:40 pm

Hi All,

I am glad to share my ILR application success.

Application date posted: 06/07/12
Acknowledgement received: 18/07/13.
ILR Approved:15/02/13
BRP: still waiting

Meanwhile After 6 months I started chasing HO by calling the call centre NO use with routine reply 'incomplete'.
Used local MP to contact UKBA and MP sent an email to CEO, UKBA
Complaint sent to UKBA via recorded delivery
Sent letters to case workers via recorded delivery
Sought the Information from UKBA with July Application details like 'Complete and in complete for the month of July 2012.

After huge struggle and long wait finally patience paid off.

Good luck to all those still waiting and I wish you all get ILR very soon.

Justiceseeker

Post by Justiceseeker » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:55 pm

SHAZINA wrote:
Justiceseeker wrote:
SHAZINA wrote:
Justiceseeker wrote:
Set (O)!
ours is set m after two years intial spouse visa im guessing pretty straight forward.did u provide dem with evidence,also how did your advisors contact dem.my mp got in touch and dey sed if we provide evidence dey will consider so we have sent all medical reports now.

wen did u apply?
My adviser was contacting them by post. Yes, I also sent them death certificate and doctors post-mortal assessment.

sathishc
Newly Registered

Re: ILR at last

Post by sathishc » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:55 pm

neerukonda9 wrote:Hi All,

Meanwhile After 6 months I started chasing HO by calling the call centre NO use with routine reply 'incomplete'.
Sought the Information from UKBA with July Application details like 'Complete and in complete for the month of July 2012.

Congrats. What was your Biometrics submission date?

neerukonda9
Newly Registered

Re: ILR at last

Post by neerukonda9 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:00 pm

22/09/12
sathishc wrote:
neerukonda9 wrote:Hi All,

Congrats. What was your Biometrics submission date?

Chanty_b
Newly Registered

Ancestral Route ILR Applications - SET O

Post by Chanty_b » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:41 pm

Hi All,

I was hoping you could offer some advice to me regarding my SET O ILR application.

My application was through ancestral route (I originally had a 4 year visa and then further extended the visa for an additional 5 years).

Today I have received a letter from the Home Office stating that I need to supply further documents within 14 days and if I dont my application may be declined. They have requested an ORIGINAL birth certificate of my grandparent which my heritage is through. When I sent in my application, I sent in a Certified Copy of my grandparents birth certificate which was issued to me by the GRO (General Register Office UK).

Could others who have applied through the ancestral route, please advise me if you sent in original birth certificate or did you use certified copies?

I should also mention that when I applied for my visa extension a few years back, they issued this to me based on a certified copy, so I cannot understand why this is a problem on this occasion!

All help/advice is most welcome - I am really stressing over this!!

Captainfantastic

ILR Approved. Alhamdulillah!

Post by Captainfantastic » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:00 pm

At long, long last I am delighted to let you know that my wife has had her ILR approved! She received all of her documents (including those she sent 3 weeks ago) together with both of our passports and the Approval Letter. These were delivered by normal post "to be signed for". The Approval Letter (dated 18 February 2013) states the Biometric Residence Permit will be sent under separate cover (DX Courier, I guess) and "... should be received within 7 working days. However, if you do not receive the permit within 10 working days of the date of this letter, please email......".

Tomorrow would have been 5 months since the application was sent. What a relief for both of us!

Full timeline:
1. Application, SET(M)
2. Further Leave to Remain expires 23/11/2012
3. SET(M) Applied for 21/09/2012 (received by UKBA 24/09/2012)
4. Letter (dated 01/11/2012) received 07/11/2012 invitation to provide Biometrics
5. Biometrics supplied 07/11/2012
6. Letter (date 18/01/2013) received 21/01/2013 requesting further documentary proof that we were still married and still living together between November 2010 and July 2011
7. Further documentary proof sent with covering letter 29/01/2013 (received by UKBA 30/01/2013)
8. ILR Approval Letter (dated 18/02/2013) received 20/02/2013 by normal post, "To Be Signed for"
9. Biometric Residence Permit WAITING.

I would like to thank everyone for his/her contribution to this site and also wish everyone still waiting the very best of luck!

MelZ
Newly Registered

Post by MelZ » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:52 pm

Mine is almost exactly like yours - I applied on the 20th of September. Got my paspsort this morning and BRP about 10min ago!

Sick of waiting
Newly Registered

Have you received your biometric card yet?

Post by Sick of waiting » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:17 pm

Hi there,
I wondered if you have already received your biometric card now? I received my passport back on 5 th Feb ( dated on the letter) and still no sign of my BPR it has been 12 working days ,have called DX and they has got nothing for me ,I am worrying to sick.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards.

MelZ
Newly Registered

Post by MelZ » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:23 pm

I got mine on the same day today. Passport in the morning and BRP card in the afternoon

Sick of waiting
Newly Registered

Where is my BPR card!!!!!!!

Post by Sick of waiting » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:23 pm

Is there anybody out there experiencing the same as me? 12 working days has gone pass and I am still have not received my BPR card, I am worrying to sick,couldn't sleep at all, expecting someone knock on my door but no one showed up.

I want cryyyy. :cry: :cry: :cry: :(

Sick of waiting
Newly Registered

Post by Sick of waiting » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:24 pm

MelZ wrote:I got mine on the same day today. Passport in the morning and BRP card in the afternoon

Lucky you!!!