ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension Approval - Can we post here please!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lanr3e

Re: Can the moderators kindly send me their thoughts on this

Post by lanr3e » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:49 am

Circ8worker wrote:Thanks Vivid thats a great idea.

However, if possible, can the moderators or someone else please answer my query?

Thanks in advance!

Circ8worker wrote:
Hello All:

My initial one year HSMP is set to expire on January 23 2007 and I have been working in a salaried position with a London based concern since July 2006. Given that I will be in employment at the time when my application for extension is being considered - would it be possible for me to count earnings during January 2007 as points for the extension. Given the rule changes, I need to include as much earnings as I can and therefore will be sending in my application after the 15th of January - and was hoping that they will count my earnings up until then to determine the points-based score. I probably will not have a pay-slip for Jan -2007, however, I could get a letter from employer stating how much I have earned up until then.

Kindly let me know what your thoughts are and whether there is a better way to do this.

Many thanks in advance.
If you want to maximise the your earnings to get more points, you could send in your application very late...maybe on the 22nd. Use a cheque a means of payment....this will take about 3 - 5 working days. This will ensure that the ealiest date your application will be assigned to a case worker will be around the 30th. By then u should have your payslip and you can send it along with cover letter indicating that you wish it to be considered with your application (i.e 7 months payslip from your current employment)....

I hope that helps.

googleman
Newly Registered

Post by googleman » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:25 pm

Hi,

I had sent in my application during the suspension period on the old form. I was asked to send the additinal info as per the new rules applicable. I sent the additional details on 4th december and got the passport back with extension for 4 years on 8th decemeber.

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:27 pm

Googleman,

Can you provide your timeline?
Are you under 1+4 years category or 1+3+1 category?
Which additional proof did they ask you?

Regards,
Jk

HSMPnUK

Post by HSMPnUK » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:15 am

Hi Guys,

I am in HSMP 1+3 category. My visa expires by May.

Can I apply for further extension 2 months before the expiry date? Or is there any specific time limit?

The reason why Iam asking is somewhere it was mentioned that there will be further change in rule by April 2007.So I want to make sure that Iam in safer side.

Thanks
HSMPnUK

googleman
Newly Registered

Post by googleman » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:31 am

Hi Jk2007,

I am in 1+4 category. I had sent my application in the old FLR form. So they asked for the additional information which is as per the new FLR form like letter from the institution stating that medium of instruction was English etc.

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:41 am

Googleman,

Thanks for your reply.
Did you submit the Original HSMP approval letter also along with your FLR form? Also, for your earnings, what proof did you provide (Payslips / Bank statements?)

shaj_99
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by shaj_99 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:26 pm

Hi googleman,

Did you provide them a certificate for medium of instruction from the awarding body(Univesity)? or the awarding institution(College)? Well if both are same no need to reply.

I am in a situation where my University is refusing to give me such letter, however I got a letter from my college. I was just wondering if anyone who send letter fomr the college and got it approved.

Thanks
Shaj

rizwan567
Diamond Member

HSMP to work permit

Post by rizwan567 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:23 pm

I got this email reply from HomeOffice, where I enquired about changing from HSMP to work permit and what if the applicant is in the job less than 8 months then what are the chances of work permit success...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I understand that you are already in the UK under HSMP and yourcurrent leave is shortly due to expire. The concerns you have raised centre onthe changes to the HSMP regulations, announced on 7 November 2006. As you are aware, with reference to existing HSMP participants seeking to extendtheir leave in this category, the key changes introduced by 7 November's announcement have been to replace the previous, more general requirement that an
applicant should be able to establish they have taken all reasonable steps to become economically active in the UK during their preceding period of leave here, with a more specific Points Scoring Assessment and a separate, mandatory English Language Requirement.
I understand, from your correspondence, that you are already familiar with the fundamentals of the revised requirements and that, in light of these, you consider yourself unable either to satisfy the points scoring assessment associated with the revised arrangements, or to be eligible to access any of the transitional arrangements specifically provided to support those applicants who find themselves in such a position, but who are able to establish that they have been contributing to the UK economy during the preceding period.

Specific transitional arrangements have been put in place that are intended to support existing HSMP applications who do not meet the revised requirements for a grant of further leave to remain under HSMP, but who are currently in employment here. These transitional arrangements allow for the normal resident labour test requirements of the work permit arrangements to be waived where an HSMP participant has already been in post for a specified period of time, when a work permit application is made on their behalf. This specified period is, as mentioned in your correspondence, 8 months where a person has been granted previous leave under HSMP for a period of 12 months or less, and 12 months, where they have been granted previous leave under HSMP for a period of over 12 months.

You state that you have been in post for a period of around 6 months. As such, you will not be eligible to access this specific concession. It may be however that you could still access an alternative immigration category that would allow you to remain in the UK and in your current employment. The work permit arrangements themselves may, for example, still be one possible option. As outlined above, you have not been in your current post for a sufficient period to access the transitional arrangements for switching HSMP participants outlined above. However, the normal resident labour test associated with work permit applications requires the post to have been advertised through the most appropriate medium within the six month period prior to the application being submitted. It may therefore be that advertising undertaken in respect of the post which you now hold, if it was undertaken six months ago or less, would still satisfy the resident labour test requirements, were a work permit application to be submitted for you by your employer in respect of this post. It is not, of course, possible for me to confirm whether such an application would be successful, as the full requirements of the work permit arrangements would still need to be met. However, were your employer to make a successful work permit application on your behalf, you would need also to apply for further leave to remain in the UK as a
work permit holder. Provision does exist under the current Immigration Rules for HSMP participants to switch into the work permit arrangements within specified circumstances (Paragraph 131E of the current Immigration Rules refers). The Immigration Rules are available on the 'Law and Policy' section of the Immigration and Nationality Directorate website (www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk). Finally, in view of the fact your leave is due shortly to expire, I should explain that, ordinarily, an individual seeking to switch into work permit employment would be advised to apply for leave to remain in this category once
the work permit has been obtained by their employer on their behalf. However, as you may be aware, individuals also need to ensure that any leave application they submit is made before their existing leave expires. It is possible for an individual to make an application for further leave to remain in the UK as a work permit holder before the permit has been obtained on their behalf. Where such a leave application is made, provided the work permit application has also already been submitted, the leave application will normally be held open until a decision on the work permit application has been made. In this way, an applicant whose leave is likely to expire before the work permit application made on their behalf has been decided, can ensure they make an in-time leave
application. However, it is worth pointing out that, in such circumstances, if the work permit application is refused, the leave application will also be
refused, and the fee associated with both applications will be retained. The decision to make an early leave application of the type mentioned above, is therefore taken very much at the applicant's own risk.
Further information on the work permit arrangements, and other work or business based immigration categories, can be found on the Work Permits (UK) website at: www.workingintheuk.gov.uk

Yours sincerely

Catherine Roberts
Policy Team
Work Permits (UK

Zeus777
Newly Registered

Post by Zeus777 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:02 pm

Hi Googleman,

First of all congrats on your extension..Buddy Can you advise what documents you sent ahead to H.O for your 1+4 year set HSMP extension on which basis you were granted 4 years Extension?

Please advise since I have to extend mine before 26th Jan 2007.

Regards,

Zeus

googleman wrote:Hi,

I had sent in my application during the suspension period on the old form. I was asked to send the additinal info as per the new rules applicable. I sent the additional details on 4th december and got the passport back with extension for 4 years on 8th decemeber.

sathishxxx
Newly Registered

Post by sathishxxx » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:57 pm

Dear All,

Called up Home Office today and they confirmed over the phone that my renewal has been approved.

Timelines :

Application Sent : 18th Nov
Application recd by HO : 20th Nov.
Credit Card Charged : 20th Nov

In the meantime got a call from HO that they have lost the photographs i sent and asking me to resend it.

Sent Photos : 16th Dec.

When i called them again in the afternoon to check if they received my letter, they have confirmed over the phone that my extension is approved and my passport has been sent to the stamping department.

I will receive it hopefully in the next couple of days.

Documents Sent :

• Passport of mine and my spouse
• 2 Passport Size Photographs for both.
• Original HSMP Approval letter
• Original Wage Slips for the period March 2006 to October 2006
• Original Income Tax Return – P60
• Original letters from Employers / Employment Contracts
• Original Cash ISA Savings Account Statement with Natwest
• Original Savings Direct Account Statement with Natwest
• Original UK Naric letter confirming equivalency of Bachelor Degree
• Original Provisional Certificate and Degree Certificate for Bachelor Degree
• Original Marksheets for Bachelor Degree
. Original Letter from College stating that my degree was taught in English (The College letter mentioned the University Regn Number and the fact that the college is affiliated to the University)
• Copy of the National Insurance Number Card
• Tenancy Agreement
• Proof of Address
• Marriage Certificate
• Salary Survey for Accounts Professional in UK

I had a total of 75 points as below.

Masters : 35
Income : 25
UK Experience: 5

I thought i should inform you all about this.

Cheers

Sathish

sonya
Newly Registered

HSMP extensions tracker

Post by sonya » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:36 am

People:

You can track your HSMP applications here:

www.spammer.com/uk-immigration-trackers/

-sonya

schin
Newly Registered

sending in extension

Post by schin » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:01 pm

hi all,

i understand in the guidelines it say we must apply for extension 5 weeks before.
i will only be able to apply 10 days before my visa expires because i need the wage slips and bank statements to claim the points i need to qualify. I phoned the Home Office to ask how long they are taking with HSMP extensions and they say its between 4 and 9 weeks. :x

i asked them whether there will be a problem if i overstayed and they said as long as my application and passports are with them, its no problem if i overstay as long as its guaranteed that my extension will be granted.

the other problem is that my employer gave me a fixed term until my visa expires because thats their legal requirement. So i'm not sure if i will be able to continue working during that period.

the Home office man I spoke to when i called 0114 207 4074 told me that the employer can call in on the Employer Hotline which he gave me if they have any concerns about visa status.

they said i could send an urgent request but there is no guarantee that it will b actioned as they are handling many applications currently.

I have been checking this forum and some people are getting extension within 2 weeks.

Can someone else confirm how true this is?
:?:
schin

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:35 pm

Usually, the time it takes varies from application to application.

Most likely you will get the result in similar timelines of other (at that time). However, you should not be surprised if thats not the case.

When I applied an year ago, people were getting approvals in less than a week. But mine took 4 weeks :-).

Chill out for atleast 4 weeks before you start worrying.

minny

hsmp urgent atten: sathishxxx

Post by minny » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:55 pm

Hello satishxxx,

Congrtas on hsmp approval. I wonder if you could clarify one thing for me. You mention you had submitted P60 form when your claim period was Mar- Oct 2006. You wouldnt have had your P60 for the financial year 2006-2007. Did you mean you submitted P60 fot 2005-2006 even though the period claimed is not covered by that P60?

Most grateful for your reply. Anyone else...advice much appreciated as I need to send in my forms shortly.

Thanx

Minny

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:29 pm

Hi minny,

It is very true that one wont be able to send a P60, if the claim period starts after April 2006 - till date. My wild guess is he may have submitted for the last year (even though, it may have not covered the entire period he is claiming for).

I will soon be submitting my application and will be claiming earnings for the last 8 months. I wont have a P60. Instead i am submitting payslips and bankstatements along with offer letters.

minny

Post by minny » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:49 pm

Thanks webhunter

gulgon

Post by gulgon » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:49 pm

Application arrived: 3 January 07 (Payment Exempt)
Reference received: 5 January 07
Urgent treatment sent : 18 January 07 Thursday afternoon
Decision made : 22 January 07 Monday morning
Passport received : 23 January (with courrier)

lainey888
Newly Registered

HSMP Extension finally approved!

Post by lainey888 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:36 pm

In-Country application:

My spouse and I initially had a 12 month HSMP visa.

Application sent 05/01/2007 via Special Delivery.
Paperwork received at HO Durham the next day.
Reference letter received dated 06/01/2007.

On 22/01/2007 I called to follow up on my application as I
have a trip booked for Valentines day. My application was
not allocated to a case worker as yet. So I checked if/when
I should lodge Request for Urgent Treatment and they said I could
lodge it then so I did this on the same afternoon (22/01/2007)
No evidence was required to prove anything. I just needed
to say that I had pre-booked holidays and the date.

Anyways, outcome is the application was approved 26/01/2007
and I got everything back today. The only annoying thing
is that Royal Mail lovingly ripped the envelope and our passports
nearly fell out!

Btw, we got the 4 year extension

Paperwork provided:
Cover letters for the sections covered.
Marriage Certificate
Breakdown sheet and explanation on earnings and employers (my employer kept changing names)
Reference letter of employment
Bank Statements to cover the fact that P60 is from last financial year since it's not part of my last 8 months' earnings
I still included my last P60 from the last financial year since my annual gross salary is still the same
Letter from my university confirming my degree and that it was taught in english
Academic transcript

Score:
Qualifications - Bachelor degree - 30
Salaried Earnings (Last 8 months from application date) - 45
UK experience - 5
Age Assessment - 20
total = 100

and that's it
Good luck to everyone still waiting for an answer.

Ocrossford
Newly Registered

Jan 2007 extension approval

Post by Ocrossford » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:59 am

Hi,

We just received our approved HSMP extension (1+ 4yrs) today, and I wanted to share the details of our application with the board. This board was extremely helpful for us when we were initially preparing our HSMP application as well as for the extension application. Thanks a lot!

Here is our time-line:

08 Jan 2007: Posted application (special delivery)
09 Jan 2007: Application received and credit card was charged
15 Jan 2007: Letter with reference number received by post
26 Jan 2007: Application allotted to a caseworker (called their office)
29 Jan 2007: Decision made (called their office)
30 Jan 2007: Passports and documents dispatched
31 Jan 2007: Stamped passports and all documents received by post valid till Feb 2011.

I had claimed 115 points
• Qualifications (50 points)
• Previous earnings from work (40 points)
• UK experience (5 points)
• Age assessment (20 points).
• IELTS (8.5)

For English language competence proof we submitted the IELTS certificate. I didn’t have an earlier one, and WP had confirmed in an email that my (expired) TOEFL was not going to be any good. I didn’t want to go through the hassle of getting a certificate from India. This meant having to scramble to get a quick test date and travelling a good distance to the test centre!

These were the documents we submitted:
1. Application Form
2. Covering Letter
3. My passport (with expired old passport on which the initial HSMP-EC was stamped)
4. Wife’s Passport (with expired old passport on which the initial HSMP-EC was stamped)
5. 2 passport-sized photographs for me
6. 2 passport-sized photographs for wife
7. Original marriage certificate
8. Original initial HSMP approval letter
9. Original IELTS score certificate
10. Original wage slips (for 8 months)
11. Letter from employer confirming wages earned
12. Original employment contract
13. Original bank statements (for the same period)
14. Original Tenancy agreement

For the previous earnings section, I did not have a P60 for the period claimed, and instead submitted signed and stamped printouts of my wage slips covering the period, with my boss’ signature, name and designation as well as corresponding bank statements with little post-it notes indicating the monthly salary payments. In addition, I included a letter from my employer, as well as my original employment contract document to corroborate my claim. For proof of assets we got a ‘printout’ from the bank for the money in our online accounts and got them to stamp these statements.

All the best for those who are applying and waiting!

rella

Post by rella » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:42 am

My husband is the HSMP holder. He was just granted an extension (1+4) under the transitional arrangement for businesses. Our visas expired during the suspension. Our timeline is way longer than expected due to all sorts of things going wrong.

FLR-HSMP app sent in ~Nov 23. We sent the new form. We didn't have time to get together some of the required docs. We called the Cust Service line and they said unequivocally NOT to send in any additional docs until the caseworker requested it, but that it was ok to send in an incomplete app during the suspension time period. They even checked with a supervisor. This was WRONG.

The week before Christmas, the caseworker phoned. Our photos were missing, along with the other required docs. My husband was out, so I spoke with him. He told me that if the photos hadn't been missing (which he found while speaking to me... :shock: ), the application would've been refused. He said that we should have sent in docs as soon as we had them. At that point, we were having trouble getting a letter from HRMC showing our partnership status. For some reason, they couldn't locate it. The caseworker said to wait to send in all of the docs until we had that HMRC document.

Fast-forward to mid-Jan. HRMC finally located the info and sent a letter stating our partnership. We sent in the missing docs.

The complete application contained:

- covering letter with detailed description of business
- usual docs, like marriage cert, birth cert of son, etc.
- uni transcripts and letter from uni stating course taught in English
- business plan (detailed)
- business bank account
- paperwork for business loan
- press releases for product announcements for last year
- letter from project manager for free-lance writing jobs in software development (sent this to show expertise and ability to find regular job if necessary - probably not needed).

We got delayed a bit longer, because our passport pics wouldn't work with the visa printer. So, we had to send those in and that added on about another week. But at that point, we knew the visas were approved, much to our amazement.

We almost didn't send in the extension app, thinking that there was no chance of approval, since we lived off our own funds for the last year, while setting up this business.

I hope this gives others hope. It's been one long, nerve-wrecking road.

shaj_99
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by shaj_99 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:59 am

Hi,

I got my HSMP (1 + 4 ) application approved yesterday.

Application Sent :10 Jan 07
Got the passports back with approval : 2 Feb 07

Docs sent

•Qualification
-None as the original certificate was provided with original application.

•Previous earning from work
-Payslips
-Bank statements
-Letter from emplyer stating the salary.(additional)

•English language requirement
-Original Degree Certificate
-Letter from University stating that my batchelor degree was taught in English
-Letter from College stating that my batchelor degree was taught in English(additional)

•Documents for my dependants.
-My son’s birt certificate and the birth registration certificate
-Marriage certificate

•Evidence of funds
-bank statements

•Other Documents
-passports
-photoes
-appointment letters(additional)

Points claimed : 75
Qualification:30
Earning:30
UK experience:5

This board has been very useful for me. Best wishes for all of those who are waiting or yet to apply.

Cheers
Shaj

HSMP MESS

Post by HSMP MESS » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:11 pm

DOES ANY BODY KNOW IF WE HAVE TO APPLY ON POINTS BASIS AGAIN AFTER 1+4 or do we apply for ILR after 1+4

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:45 pm

well for the 1 + 4 category to be complete, it is going to take a while and by then you can apply for ILR (based on current rules). but if they do change any rules then you have to go by those roles at that point of time.

ssheik
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

p60

Post by ssheik » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:05 pm

Hi Ocrossford

Congratulations on ur extension!!

I am applying for extension tomorrow and I dont have any P60 form with me. Did you get the extension without submitting a P60 form???
Your feedback would be appreciated.

Regards
Sami.

Ocrossford
Newly Registered

Re: p60

Post by Ocrossford » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:17 pm

------------------
Hi Ocrossford

Congratulations on ur extension!!

I am applying for extension tomorrow and I dont have any P60 form with me. Did you get the extension without submitting a P60 form???
Your feedback would be appreciated.

Regards
Sami.
-----------------

Hi Sami,

Yes, we got our extension without the P60. The period I was claiming for was during the financial year, for which no P60 is issued. I had emailed the H.O. asking for clarifications, and they replied that sending signed, stamped salary slips as well as bank statements would be sufficient.

In addition I had sent in a letter from my employer confirming the salary claimed, as well as a copy of my contract. I remember ticking the 'exceptional circumstance' in the form where the P60 was mentioned. I would suggest mentioning this in your covering letter as well for good measure.

All the best for your application!