ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

brooc93
Newly Registered

Post by brooc93 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:49 pm

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help. My husband applied to renew his FLRm

We had a PEO appt in Croydon on 11 July - which was chaotic up there with changes and then IT problems.

After waiting 8 hours (with our 4 mth old baby and travelled 300 miles!) the caseworker called us over to state that as I hadn't included a letter from my employer (the visa is for my husband FLR) that it was being deferred to Sheffied whilst we obtained it and sent it in. My boss immedietly offered to fax / email / call to help - but they wanted a hard copy.
So despite P60's from me and my husband, pay slips galore, savings of over £15,000 we had to send in a letter which said exactly as my P60 but just said I was in continous employment (could kick myself more for not doing it tbh!)

Anyway, enough rambling...basically, since it got moved to Sheffield now, are we now treated like a postal application even though paid PEO application in Croydon?

If I try to ring am I likely to get anywhere with them?!

Thanks !

mrsclc78

waiting for biometrics letter

Post by mrsclc78 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:33 pm

Docs sent: 22/06/12
Ack. Letter: 2/07/12
Biometrics letter: still waiting
Visa Type : FLR(M) for spouse
Visa From: PSW

It's been 4 weeks since the UKBA received my application, and though I received my acknowledgement letter quickly, my biometrics notification letter has yet to be sent. To me this is more frustrating than the second part of the wait, because every day I don't have my biometrics letter is another day I know they're doing nothing about my actual application.

I called on Friday and was told by a nice chap that if I hadn't received the letter in today's post, to call back and request it be sent.

I called today and spoke to a grumpy woman who looked up my reference number, confirmed it hadn't been sent yet, and simply said I wasn't in the system as having had the biometrics letter printed yet, so I "simply have to wait."

At least once I've done my biometrics I can labour under the illusion that I could get my docs back any day. :(

reetzk
Newly Registered

Re: Visa Decision without Biometrics!

Post by reetzk » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:18 pm

Know this isn't a usual case that will help anyone but maybe it goes to show that letters are being read and constant persistent chasing will work

I sent a letter to the address on my decision letter explaining I never received a Biometrics letter. The next day, my caseworker called me & apologised for not realising that.

The decision still stays (phew!)

She sent a Biometrics letter Special Delivery & I received the next day. I went to my local post office & did my Biometrics.

Gonna leave it 7 working days before contacting my caseworker again...
reetzk wrote:Hi there, update on my status.

I submitted my FLR(M) on 19 June and withdrew it on 25 June.

Booked a PEO on 1 Aug.

Asked my MP to chase for the return of documents (as I did not want to risk not having them back by 1 Aug)

I received my documents today (13 July) and in it was a letter stating:
"Thank you for your request to withdraw your FLR(M) application, however when looking at your application I was able to make an immediate decision"

I also received a letter stating my biometrics will be with me in 7 working days.

This is partly good news.

Because....

I never received a Biometric letter and never submitted my Biometrics!?!
Called UKBA & was advised to write to my case worker to explain that I've kinda skipped a step in the whole process.

Will keep updating as I try to rectify this.

AngieLynn09
Newly Registered

Almost 5 months

Post by AngieLynn09 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:57 pm

Although I am sincerely happy for those who have had their decisions made and documents returned, it almost doubles my frustration with the UKBA. I'm very confused as to how applications are decided. How is it that some people from January and February (like me!) are still waiting yet there are people from April, May, and June that have had their decision made?

We contacted our MP again today and they agreed to make a fresh enquiry into our application. Fingers crossed for something other than "awaiting caseworker's decision"

Congratulations to those who've received news and good luck to everyone else!

Applied: 22/01/12
Returned as invalid: 22/02/12
Fiance visa expired: 22/02/12
Fresh out of time application made: 28/02/12
Acknowledgement letter: Dated 01/03/12
Biometrics letter: Dated 22/03/12
Biometrics enrolled: 26/03/12
MP contacted UKBA, told "case is awaiting caseworker decision" and to mail them two new passport photos: 16/05/12
Mailed photos: 17/05/12
Photos delivered to UKBA 18/05/12

Dsin

Re: waiting for biometrics letter

Post by Dsin » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:26 pm

mrsclc78 wrote:Docs sent: 22/06/12
Ack. Letter: 2/07/12
Biometrics letter: still waiting
Visa Type : FLR(M) for spouse
Visa From: PSW

It's been 4 weeks since the UKBA received my application, and though I received my acknowledgement letter quickly, my biometrics notification letter has yet to be sent. To me this is more frustrating than the second part of the wait, because every day I don't have my biometrics letter is another day I know they're doing nothing about my actual application.

I called on Friday and was told by a nice chap that if I hadn't received the letter in today's post, to call back and request it be sent.

I called today and spoke to a grumpy woman who looked up my reference number, confirmed it hadn't been sent yet, and simply said I wasn't in the system as having had the biometrics letter printed yet, so I "simply have to wait."

At least once I've done my biometrics I can labour under the illusion that I could get my docs back any day. :(
Hi,

We're in a similar boat. Applied online on 10/6 and payment was taken on the same day. Docs were sent 11/6 and received 12/6. We received the acknowledgement letter in 22/6 (dated 20/6) but no sign of the biometrics letter yet.

After reading your experience I don't think we'll bother calling to ask when we might receive the letter! Fingers crossed we both get the letters soon - I'll post on here when we get ours.

kiwi87
Newly Registered

Post by kiwi87 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:48 pm

same boat as Angielynn09....
nearly exactly same situation. Sent application away middle of January...came back invalid...by the time we sene fresh application which was around end of February, current visa had expired. Then new application received 6th March and Biomentrics done on 26th March.... haven't heard a damn thing since. Do you think we will hear something in the next 2 weeks? Because if I don't I am going to have to withdraw the application to get my passport back etc and go home back to NZ. I really wanted to get this visa otherwise I will be penalised and not allowed back into the UK for about a year. Leaving UK on 4th September!!!! What do you think?

tommyc
Newly Registered

Post by tommyc » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:57 pm

we considered withdrawing application and applying in person but the online booking service didnt have any appointments at all in any of the UK PEO centres (currently only can search up til october). So stuck in the waiting game...

shiali
Newly Registered

FLR(M) visa application with no response yet

Post by shiali » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:09 am

Dear all,

I recently found this discussion board and decided to join in because I am worried about my recent flr(m) visa application. I sent it in on the 13/7 and they received it on the 16/7. However, until this date (24/7) no acknowledgement whatsoever has been sent to me, neither has ANY payment been taken from my bank account (I applied through post as the new version of the flr(m) visa application does not have an online form).
Usually to my knowledge the UKBA takes the payment as the FIRST step, and usually clears within 3 days at MOST (I gave my debit card details on the payment form with my application form). However I've been checking everyday since my parcel was delivered (I used royal mail tracking service) but no payment has been taken yet. At least I'd know they've looked at my application if they've taken payment, but so far nothing yet and I'm feeling so restless and worried everyday wondering where my huge parcel went to!!! :( . We did everything so nicely as well we put all our documents in order, organized in a big folder with different sections.

I'm so afraid to lose my documents they are my life. Please advise. Anyone :cry:

anil1978
Newly Registered

Post by anil1978 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:21 am

Hi shiali you dont have to worry money will be taken, In my case I have sent the application on May 17th and the payment was taken on 28th May and biometrics came through after a week after the payment has been taken. After that its all mystery. Acknowledgement letter will come only after they have taken the payment it came same day as the biometrics for me. So the payments will be taken mostly on Mondays so keep an eye on Monday

shiali
Newly Registered

Post by shiali » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:20 am

Oh thank you so much for your swift reply anil! It's a relief to know that. Thanks so much :). Also I'm wondering if it's because of the olympics period that the UKBA is busier and clearing up alot of visas... plus apparently they are going on strike this week! Bummer :(.
Thanks again. I'll update here if I receive any news!

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:55 am

HO are out on strike for just a day to the best of my knowledge, not sure what impact will that have (not that they seem to do anything when they are at work!!!)
waiting since 23 February, Bio metrics done by Missus on the 29/03, No response yet!!!

shiali wrote:Oh thank you so much for your swift reply anil! It's a relief to know that. Thanks so much :). Also I'm wondering if it's because of the olympics period that the UKBA is busier and clearing up alot of visas... plus apparently they are going on strike this week! Bummer :(.
Thanks again. I'll update here if I receive any news!

shiali
Newly Registered

Post by shiali » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:48 pm

Thanks bobobo. Was the application made by post? Do you remember how long it took for them to take your/her money? Ha, you're right about the UKBA. This is ridiculous, since Feb! Hopefully everything goes well. This is SUCH A PAIN. Hate it. This is probably the first and only time I'm desperate for my money to be taken. At least then I'll know they've seen it =__=.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:59 pm

Application was made by Post. We filled it online, made the payment online by debit card and attached the proof of payment with the application, everything including the biometrics was done and dusted within a month. its gone quiet ever since...
shiali wrote:Thanks bobobo. Was the application made by post? Do you remember how long it took for them to take your/her money? Ha, you're right about the UKBA. This is ridiculous, since Feb! Hopefully everything goes well. This is SUCH A PAIN. Hate it. This is probably the first and only time I'm desperate for my money to be taken. At least then I'll know they've seen it =__=.

waitwaitwait

Post by waitwaitwait » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:05 pm

bobobo wrote:Application was made by Post. We filled it online, made the payment online by debit card and attached the proof of payment with the application, everything including the biometrics was done and dusted within a month. its gone quiet ever since...
shiali wrote:Thanks bobobo. Was the application made by post? Do you remember how long it took for them to take your/her money? Ha, you're right about the UKBA. This is ridiculous, since Feb! Hopefully everything goes well. This is SUCH A PAIN. Hate it. This is probably the first and only time I'm desperate for my money to be taken. At least then I'll know they've seen it =__=.
I did the same on 7/02/12 by filling in the form online and paid with a credit card and it gave me a payment auth no. Which was the proof of payment.
Just spoke to ukba and the lady who answered the phone after me being on hold for 21 minutes, kept saying i need to wait till 8aug as my 6 months are not over yet and they cant give me info. Uts been more than 4 months now since i did my biometrics. So i will wait till 8/8 and hope that i get my stuff back before then, otherwise i will call them first thing on 9/8.
This wait is absolute painful as we cant travel, cant go on holidays, cant visit my ill mother. I hope our wait ends soon and everyone here recieves the visa soon.

My timeline:
Date Docs sent: 08/02/12 
Date Ack. Letter received: 20/02/12 
Date biometrics booking letter received: 20/03/12 (dated 16/03/12) 
Date biometrics enrolled (at Holborn post office): 22/03/12 
Date BRP received: waiting 
Date Docs received: waiting 

Visa type: FLR(M)
From - Tier 4 

mrsclc78

Post by mrsclc78 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:34 pm

Dsin wrote:
Hi,

We're in a similar boat. Applied online on 10/6 and payment was taken on the same day. Docs were sent 11/6 and received 12/6. We received the acknowledgement letter in 22/6 (dated 20/6) but no sign of the biometrics letter yet.

After reading your experience I don't think we'll bother calling to ask when we might receive the letter! Fingers crossed we both get the letters soon - I'll post on here when we get ours.
Hi Dsin,

Sorry to hear you're going through the same thing. Please do post your update when you receive your biometrics letter, and I'll certainly do the same. I've just come from checking the post and every day it's the same thing - I nervously go downstairs, open the box, and have to try not to burst into tears. I know it's no one's fault but my own that I didn't eat the cost and do same-day-service, but I stupidly went on my previous visa app experiences (which were all quick) instead of researching what the current situation was first :(

Good luck - I hope your letter comes very soon. I know it's only the first step, but it would be encouraging at least to have done all WE need to do, so they can do what we've paid THEM to do!

Dsin

Post by Dsin » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:11 pm

mrsclc78 wrote:
Dsin wrote:
Hi,

Hi Dsin,

Sorry to hear you're going through the same thing. Please do post your update when you receive your biometrics letter, and I'll certainly do the same. I've just come from checking the post and every day it's the same thing - I nervously go downstairs, open the box, and have to try not to burst into tears. I know it's no one's fault but my own that I didn't eat the cost and do same-day-service, but I stupidly went on my previous visa app experiences (which were all quick) instead of researching what the current situation was first :(

Good luck - I hope your letter comes very soon. I know it's only the first step, but it would be encouraging at least to have done all WE need to do, so they can do what we've paid THEM to do!
Hi,

Thank you for replying - it's nice to have support from others in the same situation :D

I go off to work every day and leave my poor husband at home, waiting for the postman but so far he's been disappointed every day like you. He asked me how he is supposed to become involved with his local community, improve his English, learn about the culture etc when he can't even do voluntary work.

We couldn't apply in person - nationals of his country are exempt from the English language requirement so he didn't take a test prior to coming. We checked with the British Embassy when we got the fiancé visa and they told us he wouldn't need to sit a test to move onto the spouse visa. Silly me took them at their word and only discovered once we were here that he needed to do the test. By the time he had done the test and waited for the results there were no PEO appointments left before his visa expired. I wish I hadn't listened to the embassy now!

Keeping everything crossed you get your letter soon :D

Deb.

aditipritam

Post by aditipritam » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:17 pm

Dsin wrote:
mrsclc78 wrote:
Dsin wrote:
Hi,

Hi Dsin,

Hi,

Thank you for replying - it's nice to have support from others in the same situation :D

I go off to work every day and leave my poor husband at home, waiting for the postman but so far he's been disappointed every day like you. He asked me how he is supposed to become involved with his local community, improve his English, learn about the culture etc when he can't even do voluntary work.

We couldn't apply in person - nationals of his country are exempt from the English language requirement so he didn't take a test prior to coming. We checked with the British Embassy when we got the fiancé visa and they told us he wouldn't need to sit a test to move onto the spouse visa. Silly me took them at their word and only discovered once we were here that he needed to do the test. By the time he had done the test and waited for the results there were no PEO appointments left before his visa expired. I wish I hadn't listened to the embassy now!

Deb.
for UKBA it is only about money, do u know about the 'Super Premium' service they offer?? Give them £6K, and they will find a person immediately and stamp the visa same day at your home..

If these people have so many applications, y not hire temp people, how difficult can this be.. this is not rocket science.. you are playing with someone's life...

Just imagine you order shoes for Amazon and no delivery, no updates for 6 months, can this happen anywhere else..

In a way getting visa is same, you pay money, if you are eligible, give visa otherwise reject it, why to delay it???

Only reason I can think of is that the government is doing it intentionally so that the number of persons settled in 2012 is low, and they can show how they have reduced immigration.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:55 am

Correction: the fee is £6000 plus the 'premium service' (applying in person) Fee = £6,900 Approx, so its 7k to get the visa done. what a shame, and Bankers are immoral and greedy!!!

Hi,

Deb.[/quote]

for UKBA it is only about money, do u know about the 'Super Premium' service they offer?? Give them £6K, and they will find a person immediately and stamp the visa same day at your home..

If these people have so many applications, y not hire temp people, how difficult can this be.. this is not rocket science.. you are playing with someone's life...

Just imagine you order shoes for Amazon and no delivery, no updates for 6 months, can this happen anywhere else..

In a way getting visa is same, you pay money, if you are eligible, give visa otherwise reject it, why to delay it???

Only reason I can think of is that the government is doing it intentionally so that the number of persons settled in 2012 is low, and they can show how they have reduced immigration.[/quote]

neveragain
Newly Registered

A glimmer of hope

Post by neveragain » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:05 am

Dear all

I am almost happy to announce the arrival of our passports today, together with a letter advising that my wife's BRP should arrive sometime in the next 7 days. I say almost because my wife and stepson were booked to fly YESTERDAY to Japan on £1500 worth of non refundable tickets. Is that a coincidence?? That little mistake cost me £1290 in cancellation costs - I only got back some of the taxes - so I've lived and learned! Anyway, that's my problem, and I guess the good news for all of you who are waiting and wondering is that there does appear to be life still within the hallowed halls of UKBA. One thing worth noting perhaps is that I did write in after exactly 6 months had elapsed requesting the return of my own (sponsor's) passport. Did that in itself cause someone to look at our file and realise it was suitable for approval?? I guess I'll never know, but it may be a method which others could try. May I wish you all the very best of luck.

Date applied: 14 January 2012
Biometrics: 27 March 2012
Passports recieved: 26 July 2012
BRP: expected soon

tommyc
Newly Registered

Post by tommyc » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:20 am

Congratulatuons neveragain! I'm about to cancel my flights to Spain due tomorrow... again can only get tax back and too late to get any back from hotel costs.

Now I'm just crossing fingers that they are operating via biometrics date (mine was 31st march) instead of application date (3srd March), otherwise I may have another 2 months to wait... :(

badger111

Post by badger111 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:49 am

tommyc wrote:Congratulatuons neveragain! I'm about to cancel my flights to Spain due tomorrow... again can only get tax back and too late to get any back from hotel costs.

Now I'm just crossing fingers that they are operating via biometrics date (mine was 31st march) instead of application date (3srd March), otherwise I may have another 2 months to wait... :(
I hope so too. My biometrics were enrolled on 30th of March.

badger111

Re: A glimmer of hope

Post by badger111 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:55 am

neveragain wrote:Dear all

I am almost happy to announce the arrival of our passports today, together with a letter advising that my wife's BRP should arrive sometime in the next 7 days. I say almost because my wife and stepson were booked to fly YESTERDAY to Japan on £1500 worth of non refundable tickets. Is that a coincidence?? That little mistake cost me £1290 in cancellation costs - I only got back some of the taxes - so I've lived and learned! Anyway, that's my problem, and I guess the good news for all of you who are waiting and wondering is that there does appear to be life still within the hallowed halls of UKBA. One thing worth noting perhaps is that I did write in after exactly 6 months had elapsed requesting the return of my own (sponsor's) passport. Did that in itself cause someone to look at our file and realise it was suitable for approval?? I guess I'll never know, but it may be a method which others could try. May I wish you all the very best of luck.

Thanx for the post. I am very happy for you. My partner was thinking about asking for his passport back, but we were worried if that would make them angry, which would send us on the bottom of the pile. I guess we will never know...

nholler
Newly Registered

waiting

Post by nholler » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:15 pm

Hi,

Hope it's by biometrics date as mine was done on March 23rd. Applied 13th Feb.

Wishful thinking maybe!

Good luck all and keep the faith (somehow!)

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:32 pm

Congrats mate, what a relief for you....
If we go by the Biometric date then we are in sight as well with biometrics given on 29 March 2012.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:47 pm

Congrats mate, what a relief for you....
If we go by the Biometric date then we are in sight as well with biometrics given on 29 March 2012.