ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Wazsid1986
Newly Registered
India

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Wazsid1986 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:47 pm

Khayrulewara wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:39 pm
Wazsid1986 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:51 am
MollyS wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:09 am
Dear CR001 or someone from the forum participants who are able to give advice in my case. I need your little help.

18 Dec 2018 I was informed on the call centre that the decision on our application was made (they could not say exactly when the decision was made).

It's been 46 days now. Still no news of our passports being ready.
During this time, my case was escalated 3 times, Sheffield tells me that they have some technical problems.

What could all this mean? I don't know what to think. What else can I do?

Thank you
Hi molly,
We are in same boat. Our decision was taken around 5 Jan still waiting. I have contacted MP
and escalated case. If I don’t get a reply I will write a letter to the same address where I have sent the docs. Do have any dependant? Did they request ihs for dependant ?

They take there time in seeming passport back. They made a decision in November for me and sent passport back in January with a refusal
Does it mean refusal ? Ppl getting passport in a week with visa.
I have read your case. You have very strong case for appeal. Sometime they even overturn within weeks of submitting application. You can contact your MP or even contact Sheffield direct on VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk explaining ur case that you withdrew the application it wasn’t rejected so there is nothing to hide.

naz khan
Pakistan

Post by naz khan » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:54 pm

Aasan wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:08 am
naz khan wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:58 am
naz khan wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:04 pm
hi every one i am going to apply spouse visa of my wife and child can any one confime me where i sent the documents i am appling from karachi pakistan and there is scaning system start or still same send to sheilfeid
plz plz any one aswer this i am apply from karachi pakitsan and documents sent to shefeild or scan in karachi
I think you need to ask VFS Karachi
Because when I've applied, it was old system and I had to post the documents to Sheffield
when u applied

uddin000
United Kingdom

Post by uddin000 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:18 am

HamzahB786 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:07 pm
uddin000 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:21 pm
Khayrulewara wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:05 am
Yah I had an idea. But it's just so annoying they give a refusal after 1 year. Wish they have it sooner. They refused because we applied for irland and then we withdrew that but didn't mention it wen applying because solicitor said we didn't need to. And my cousin was in same position she didn't mention her irland case and she got visa within 2 months. That's wats frustrating. I just hate this so much. Now I don't know weather to apeal or reapply.
appeals take longer, sometimes 12 months or more..better to reapply
have u heard back on ur case yet?
we got visa..it was overturned after refusal 1 month ago.

Safina000
England

Post by Safina000 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:43 am

Application submitted online: 05/01/2019 - Priority
Biometric appointment: 08/01/2019 - Islamabad
Documents received by Sheffield: 14/01/2019
Email received from UKVI: 19/01/2019 - Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.
Documents received back from Sheffield: 22/01/2019

No update. I have called them and they said my application is still awaiting decision. Wait is just a killer. I can’t escalate until my 30th working days are up. 19th February i believe. Hope i hear something next week Insha’ALLAH 😔

HamzahB786
Pakistan

Post by HamzahB786 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:02 am

Safina000 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:43 am
Email received from UKVI: 19/01/2019 - Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

No update. I have called them and they said my application is still awaiting decision. Wait is just a killer. I can’t escalate until my 30th working days are up. 19th February i believe. Hope i hear something next week Insha’ALLAH 😔
hi safina have they not tried to call you yet for the second time?

Safina000
England

Post by Safina000 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:48 am

HamzahB786 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:02 am
Safina000 wrote:

Hi,

No. Maybe they will try back on Monday. I dont think they work. Weekends. It’s absolutely giving me extra stress on top of all this waiting. I know people who got their visas within 15 working days of their biometric date on priority application. I work for civil services and provided all the evidence as per their requirements. Payslips, accommodation letters. Bank statements. Saving. Pics. Marriage certificate. Everything they’ve requested. It was through solictor aswell. Its just soo stressing 😔

HamzahB786
Pakistan

Post by HamzahB786 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:53 am

Safina000 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:48 am
HamzahB786 wrote:
Safina000 wrote:

Hi,

No. Maybe they will try back on Monday. I dont think they work. Weekends. It’s absolutely giving me extra stress on top of all this waiting. I know people who got their visas within 15 working days of their biometric date on priority application. I work for civil services and provided all the evidence as per their requirements. Payslips, accommodation letters. Bank statements. Saving. Pics. Marriage certificate. Everything they’ve requested. It was through solictor aswell. Its just soo stressing 😔
the number you have been ringing for an update?
do home office get angry if you ring them for an update someone told me they do
im thinking of ringing them this wednesday

Jav9289
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by Jav9289 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:07 pm

HamzahB786 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:53 am
Safina000 wrote:
HamzahB786 wrote:
Safina000 wrote:

Hi,

Really? Who told you this?
I hate everyone!

Safina000
England

Post by Safina000 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:19 pm

HamzahB786 wrote:
Safina000 wrote:
HamzahB786 wrote:
Safina000 wrote:

Hi,

They can’t just refuse me for ringing them. We paid priority, we paid fee, we paid health charges, paid to send our documents back. If they wana get angry and refuse visa then they should just shut all the call centres. Nobody would then ring them. Its not fair on us genuine people who wait an wait. The way the priorities their work, the way they treat people after so much extra spent on calls an emails for update. There’s people who are waiting for over an year. 😏.

HamzahB786
Pakistan

Post by HamzahB786 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:21 pm

Jav9289 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:07 pm
HamzahB786 wrote:
Safina000 wrote:
HamzahB786 wrote:

Hi,

Really? Who told you this?
it was you who told me

Safina000
England

Post by Safina000 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:22 pm

Im just going to wait until my 30th workings days are up then ring them again for an update. They said, they can escalate it after 30 days. So lets see. I’ll keep everyone posted. Please i would request you all guys to keep us posted too. It just gives us a little hope then. Thank you 😀

HamzahB786
Pakistan

Post by HamzahB786 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:23 pm

Safina000 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:19 pm
HamzahB786 wrote:
Safina000 wrote:
HamzahB786 wrote:

Hi,

They can’t just refuse me for ringing them. We paid priority, we paid fee, we paid health charges, paid to send our documents back. If they wana get angry and refuse visa then they should just shut all the call centres. Nobody would then ring them. Its not fair on us genuine people who wait an wait. The way the priorities their work, the way they treat people after so much extra spent on calls an emails for update. There’s people who are waiting for over an year. 😏.
Do you think mine will be decided within this week? Got the call on thursday so did my employer
Really worried as my interview didn't go so good :(
Just make sure your prepared for everything!

Safina000
England

Post by Safina000 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:27 pm

HamzahB786 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:23 pm
Safina000 wrote:
HamzahB786 wrote:
Safina000 wrote:

Hi,

Do you think mine will be decided within this week? Got the call on thursday so did my employer
Yes, you will definitely get an update Insha’ALLAH soon. All I’ve been doing is searching for posts and forums since I’ve applied so i have seen people who got calls for their employment received their decision emails within ays, and also when home office rings they expect people to be a bit nervous so its doesn’t matter how it went as lomg as you have answered honestly, they have the paperwork infront of them when they so they can see everything. 😊. Good luck 😉. Keep us posted please

naz khan
Pakistan

Post by naz khan » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:59 pm

Safina000 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:27 pm
HamzahB786 wrote:
Safina000 wrote:
HamzahB786 wrote:

Yes, you will definitely get an update Insha’ALLAH soon. All I’ve been doing is searching for posts and forums since I’ve applied so i have seen people who got calls for their employment received their decision emails within ays, and also when home office rings they expect people to be a bit nervous so its doesn’t matter how it went as lomg as you have answered honestly, they have the paperwork infront of them when they so they can see everything. 😊. Good luck 😉. Keep us posted please
hi safina
please can you confirm when u go biometrics so they scan all documents or u send all documents to shefeild

Safina000
England

Post by Safina000 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:23 pm

naz khan wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:59 pm
Safina000 wrote:
HamzahB786 wrote:
Safina000 wrote:

hi safina
please can you confirm when u go biometrics so they scan all documents or u send all documents to shefeild
Hi Naz,

Once you appy and paid fee, health surcharges and priority then you have to book an appointment for biometric. After the biometric you have 10 days to send all your documents to Sheffield. Please include TB test, and english test certificate original with the documents. You have to copy all the documents and send these with the original bundle too with prepaid envelope for them to send you the documents back. 😀

naz khan
Pakistan

Post by naz khan » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:33 pm

Safina000 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:23 pm
naz khan wrote:
Safina000 wrote:
HamzahB786 wrote:

hi safina
Hi Naz,

Once you appy and paid fee, health surcharges and priority then you have to book an appointment for biometric. After the biometric you have 10 days to send all your documents to Sheffield. Please include TB test, and english test certificate original with the documents. You have to copy all the documents and send these with the original bundle too with prepaid envelope for them to send you the documents back. 😀
thankss safina
its mean the website of vfs mantion scan all doc in visa center is wronge we should send all doc to shefeild
rigth

Safina000
England

Post by Safina000 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:56 pm

naz khan wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:33 pm
Safina000 wrote:
naz khan wrote:
Safina000 wrote:

hi safina
Hi Naz,

thankss safina
its mean the website of vfs mantion scan all doc in visa center is wronge we should send all doc to shefeild
rigth
Im not if that depends where you applying from. With myself. I filled my application online then emailed that to my husband including all the receipts for fee and NHS. Booked his appointment at Islamabad for biometric, he took a copy of his application, receipt of priority fee, NHS fee paid receipt and his passport with him. They did his biometric, took everything from him. He then printed one copy of his application, signed it and sent me via DHL. His english an tb test certificate. Which took 3 days to arrive, i then put all my paperwork together, one original bundle and one copies. Sent it to Sheffield, they then scanned all the documents and sent them back to me. I did receive an email from them too to confirm my case have been assigned to ECO. 😀

mbosss
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mbosss » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:01 pm

Hello, I am Mohammed, am new to this to sorry in advance if i am not following any rules.

I applied on my wife`s behalf for her settlement visa to the U.K she lives in pakistan.
her bio-metrics were recieved at the local VFS office in karachi on the 31/10/2018

the 3 month waiting time was over on the 31/01/2019, and since I have rung the uk visas and immigrations department about 8 times. 2 weeks ago i rang them and they said the desicion has been made and your wife should expect an email with 10 working days. after 10 working days i rang them again to ask because we didnt receive any email, so the operator said that your application is under review...

QUESTION
1) once the decision has been made what does application under review mean ?
2) 3 months is over but i still havent received any email or nothing with regards to this?
3) i keep ringing them and now they have escalated the case what does this mean?
4) WHAT DO I DO ???????????

Its literally the worst thing in my life right now and my wife`s. If anyone can help me with my query i will be really grateful

Jav9289
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by Jav9289 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:09 pm

mbosss wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:01 pm
Hello, I am Mohammed, am new to this to sorry in advance if i am not following any rules.

I applied on my wife`s behalf for her settlement visa to the U.K she lives in pakistan.
her bio-metrics were recieved at the local VFS office in karachi on the 31/10/2018

the 3 month waiting time was over on the 31/01/2019, and since I have rung the uk visas and immigrations department about 8 times. 2 weeks ago i rang them and they said the desicion has been made and your wife should expect an email with 10 working days. after 10 working days i rang them again to ask because we didnt receive any email, so the operator said that your application is under review...

QUESTION
1) once the decision has been made what does application under review mean ?
2) 3 months is over but i still havent received any email or nothing with regards to this?
3) i keep ringing them and now they have escalated the case what does this mean?
4) WHAT DO I DO ???????????

Its literally the worst thing in my life right now and my wife`s. If anyone can help me with my query i will be really grateful
You have already posted this question twice now and you have been answered twice (once by me)
I hate everyone!

Jav9289
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by Jav9289 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:13 pm

Safina000 wrote:
naz khan wrote:
Safina000 wrote:
HamzahB786 wrote:

hi safina
Hi Naz,

No you dont. There is no need for you to send a copy of the documents. Not sure who has told you this. You just send a prepaid envelope and the home office scans the documents sent and returns the originals with the prepaid envelope.
I hate everyone!

Safina000
England

Post by Safina000 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:15 pm

Jav9289 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:13 pm
Safina000 wrote:
naz khan wrote:
Safina000 wrote:

hi safina
Hi Naz,

No you dont. There is no need for you to send a copy of the documents. Not sure who has told you this. You just send a prepaid envelope and the home office scans the documents sent and returns the originals with the prepaid envelope.
Hi Jav.

I did mine through solictor and he sent two bundles, 1 with originals and 1 copies. However they have send all of them back to me just kept copies of whatsapp chats/calls. And copies of English test and TB. But anyways alot of people have applied and used different methods and different ways to send their supporting evidence. 😀. Thank you

HamzahB786
Pakistan

Post by HamzahB786 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:35 pm

uddin000 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:18 am
HamzahB786 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:07 pm
uddin000 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:21 pm
Khayrulewara wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:05 am
Yah I had an idea. But it's just so annoying they give a refusal after 1 year. Wish they have it sooner. They refused because we applied for irland and then we withdrew that but didn't mention it wen applying because solicitor said we didn't need to. And my cousin was in same position she didn't mention her irland case and she got visa within 2 months. That's wats frustrating. I just hate this so much. Now I don't know weather to apeal or reapply.
appeals take longer, sometimes 12 months or more..better to reapply
have u heard back on ur case yet?
we got visa..it was overturned after refusal 1 month ago.
overturned how?? u appealed or they just changed there mind?

HamzahB786
Pakistan

Post by HamzahB786 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:43 pm

and what was the reason for refusal uddin?

uddin000
United Kingdom

Post by uddin000 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:16 pm

HamzahB786 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:43 pm
the reason was the payslips they said they only got 3..but we sent 6 payslip. and they make mistake on the financial requirement..so it was there mistake.

HamzahB786
Pakistan

Post by HamzahB786 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:41 pm

uddin000 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:16 pm
HamzahB786 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:43 pm
the reason was the payslips they said they only got 3..but we sent 6 payslip. and they make mistake on the financial requirement..so it was there mistake.
so your telephone interview to you and your employer wasn't the reason for refusal and was accepted regardless?
as you was saying all your answers weren't correct on your telephone interview also
neither were mine not all i answered correct, so have been really worried
but they were one or two minor stuff only because i was nervous
Insha Allah i hope should be ok though