ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

User3221
Algeria

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by User3221 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:10 pm

One more question: it will not be any problem if i did dual submission?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:29 pm

User3221 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:10 pm
One more question: it will not be any problem if i did dual submission?
No harm.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

User3221
Algeria

Post by User3221 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:13 am

I have just booked an appointment but i did not receive a confirmation email, and it says that they emailed it to me?!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:13 am

User3221 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:13 am
I have just booked an appointment but i did not receive a confirmation email, and it says that they emailed it to me?!
You mean booking confirmation email? Did you check junk folder? It can take few hours to receive confirmation also sometimes. You will be able to view appointment details on your UKVCAS manage services section anyways.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

User3221
Algeria

Post by User3221 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:20 am

CULLINAN wrote:
User3221 wrote:
You mean booking confirmation email? Did you check junk folder? It can take few hours to receive confirmation also sometimes. You will be able to view appointment details on your UKVCAS manage services section anyways.
Yeah i mean booking confirmation. I have checked spam nothing appear. I can see only appointment details , is this normal?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:20 am

User3221 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:20 am
CULLINAN wrote:
User3221 wrote:
Yeah i mean booking confirmation. I have checked spam nothing appear. I can see only appointment details , is this normal?
Yea it can take few hours to receive booking confirmation also. Wait few hours. You will receive it.

gabidzas
England

Post by gabidzas » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:26 am

I received IDV APP invite today at 5:36 AM.
I have already submitted documents to UKVI through UKVCAS, do I need to submit all original and optional documents again using the App?

DanaF
Scotland

Post by DanaF » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:37 am

gabidzas wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:26 am
I received IDV APP invite today at 5:36 AM.
I have already submitted documents to UKVI through UKVCAS, do I need to submit all original and optional documents again using the App?
No, if you have already submitted, you shouldn't need to resubmit. If I have read the other posts correctly, you will need the picture of your passport but in terms of submitted documents, you should be fine.

User3221
Algeria

Post by User3221 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:47 am

Hi, i want to ask those who get decision when they did dual submission, did you guys choose core service or enhanced ones?

Cuz they ukvcas said if u want faster decision u may choose premium service

Thanks

mal98
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by mal98 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:51 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:26 pm
mal98 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:14 pm
Hi all. I finally submitted my biometrics in person last week. What is the best way to check the latest status of the application? I've seen other members mention the Right to Work check.
https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work

Thank you CULLINAN, and good point on the confirmation that you can check this with your existing BRP number (if still valid) and it will show your new status even before you receive your BRP.

User3221
Algeria

Post by User3221 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:13 am

Hi, i want to ask those who get decision when they did dual submission, did you guys choose core service or enhanced ones?

Thanks

typhoon476
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by typhoon476 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:27 am

User3221 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:13 am

Thanks
That's just a way of UKVCAS to skim more money out of you. UKVCAS doesn't have any authority in a decision, this is given by UKVI. Don't do premium if you can upload all documents yourself and you can find a cheaper appointment which is sooner.

Huss11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Huss11 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:33 am

Hi everyone hope you are all well,i wanted to know anyone that has given biometrics around 8th Sept received a decision.I am still waiting for a decision for my husband he applied on june 15 set M.

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:47 am

Huss11 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:33 am
Hi everyone hope you are all well,i wanted to know anyone that has given biometrics around 8th Sept received a decision.I am still waiting for a decision for my husband he applied on june 15 set M.
I applied SET (M) 22nd June and done biometrics on 15th Sept, still waiting

Kbkwa
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Kbkwa » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:12 am

Hi Cullinan,
Thank you so much for the great job you are doing here. I'm so happy.

Here is my time-line for dual submission

Applied for ILR Route : (Set O) Tier 2 General
Type of application : Standard (Priority is suspended)
Date application sent : 8/06/2020
Payment Debited : 8/06/2020
Docs uploaded to UKVCAS : 8/06/2020
Email Received for eligibility of IDV app use : 01/08/2020
Email Received to use IDV and submit : 28/08/2020
In-personal appointment : 8/09/2020
E-mail approval visa received: 22/09/2020

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:17 am

@kbkwa

Congratulations 🥳

gabidzas
England

Post by gabidzas » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:21 am

the IDV invite email informs that to login I would need UKVCAS username, password and Unique Application Number (UAN) from UKVI. I am not sure were should I input the UAN, I was able to login without inputing UAN. am I doing something wrong? please advise

Huss11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Huss11 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:21 am

debrancherenzym wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:47 am
Huss11 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:33 am
I applied SET (M) 22nd June and done biometrics on 15th Sept, still waiting
Seems like there taking their time with SET (M) applicants my husband had his biometrics done on 8th Sept

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:22 am

gabidzas wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:21 am
the IDV invite email informs that to login I would need UKVCAS username, password and Unique Application Number (UAN) from UKVI. I am not sure were should I input the UAN, I was able to login without inputing UAN. am I doing something wrong? please advise

No. Its normal. Ignore UAN.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:30 am

Given the recent UKVCAS pattern, I think there might be a biometrics date cut off up to 25th Sep in the next update. If anyone is already eligible and thinking to submit soon, best to consider submitting via UKVI and registering your account with UKVCAS before 25th Sep......

And I think the next update will be pretty soon in couple of days given the recent pace of UKVCAS updates....

ndn123
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ndn123 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:31 am

Hello,

I am in dire need of some advice. I applied for ILR Set (O) on September 14th and just got the email to use the IDV app or book an appointment, via my solicitor. I am eager for the fastest route as I am in a predicament job wise. However, my solicitor cannot find any appointments available anywhere before October 5th. Is anyone else able to see other appointments near London/Cambridge before then?

My biggest question is whether I should submit biometrics via the app (eligible for re-use) or book an appointment 2 weeks away?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Ashwin_18
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ashwin_18 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:32 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:12 pm
Ashwin_18 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:59 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:16 pm
Ashwin_18 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:14 pm
I submitted my Set(O) T2G application on the 13th of September. Went for the standard procedure as that was the only existing option. i have also uploaded and submitted my documents in UKVCAS website on the 13th of Sep. Can i book for an appointment on the 21 of September. As new applicants from Sep 5 wont be receiving invites for IDV app does it mean the wait time is now reduced and we are able to book an appointment quicker.
Could someone explain please ? How does this work ?
Yes. You can book an appointment from 21st Sep. Even if you have already uploaded and submitted documents, you still have to attend an appointment to submit your biometrics.
thanks a lot for the reply.
If i understand this right this is now a relatively quicker process compared to waiting to receive an email regarding IDV and then book an appointment. Is it so ?
Correct. The UKVCAS is going back to normal routine on 21st Sep.
Hi Cullinan,

a quick update.
Just received an email from UKVCAS to book an appointment via IDV app. i quickly booked an appointment in Croydon for the 5th Oct and that's the earliest available date.
Regarding the IDV app Should i opt out ? (is there a way to do so) or booking an appointment in a centre means that i have automatically opted out ?. And do you know if any appointments are available before the 5th of October around London ?

thanks for the continued support.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:33 am

ndn123 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:31 am
Hello,

I am in dire need of some advice. I applied for ILR Set (O) on September 14th and just got the email to use the IDV app or book an appointment, via my solicitor. I am eager for the fastest route as I am in a predicament job wise. However, my solicitor cannot find any appointments available anywhere before October 5th. Is anyone else able to see other appointments near London/Cambridge before then?

My biggest question is whether I should submit biometrics via the app (eligible for re-use) or book an appointment 2 weeks away?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Given your dire urgency, submit via the app now and book the earliest appointment and go for dual submission.
Although i do not see any advantage for dual submission for Sep applicants. But I would advise you to book an appointment instead or go for dual submission.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:37 am

@Ashwin_18

Anyone who is eligible for IDV app can book an appointment instead also. Choice is yours. You do not have to notify, opt out etc.

Also, as per the recent reports, I think the earliest availability is 5th Oct... Other members may be able to help who have access to the system if they can see any earlier paid appointments in London....

gabidzas
England

Post by gabidzas » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:40 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:22 am
gabidzas wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:21 am

No. Its normal. Ignore UAN.
thanks CULLINAN,
I have submitted my application. Should I receive confirmation email after submission? In the App I can see that Submit button is now greyed out, it was red before I submitted.