ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:12 pm

Letsee wrote:Shondra sharma, summer and Indie007 all of you and other who have been refused be courageous and strong.

You have all been here for a long time. The fact that all of you have survived for such a long time some without jobs or any support it means you have deep within you resources to see this challenge though.

I feel all of you have already cover big part the the journey to your freedom.
What is left is the last mile. Appeal or judiciary review will take your home. All your cases are very strong and any judge who is fair will grant you. For human right alone dictate that.

Indie007
Contact these organization below, they will help you with accommodation. They are funded by normal citizens and some of them open their own home to accommodate people in difficult, it doesn't matter whether you have got status or not. They are in every city.
http://boaztrust.org.uk/get-involved/naccom/.
http://homelessuk.org/details.asp?

Below is interesting determination regarding private and family life. it should give hope to those who have been refused. You indie007 you can argue that you have strong ties with this country and no ties with your former country as you have nothing to back to. Read d

The severity of the interference with his private and family life as a consequence of his deportation is such that Article 8 is engaged.

It is well established that for an interference with a right protected under Article 8(1) to be necessary in a democratic society, it must be proportionate to the legitimate aim pursued. The legitimate aim in the present case is prevention of crime and disorder.

We take note of the fact that the use of the phrase “no ties (including social, cultural or family) with the country to which he would have to go if required to leave the UK” is not exclusive to paragraph 399A of the Rules; it is also used in paragraph 276 ADE, in the context of the requirements to met by an applicant for leave to remain based on private life in the United Kingdom when such person has lived in the United Kingdom for less than 20 years.

The natural and ordinary meaning of the word ‘ties’ imports, we think, a concept involving something more than merely remote and abstract links to the country of proposed deportation or removal. It involves there being a continued connection to life in that country; something that ties a claimant to his or her country of origin. If this were not the case then it would appear that a person’s nationality of the country of proposed deportation could of itself lead to a failure to meet the requirements of the rule. This would render the application of the rule, given the context within which it operates, entirely meaningless.

We recognize that the text under the rules is an exacting one. Consideration of whether a person has ‘no ties’ to such country must involve a rounded assessment of all the relevant circumstances and is not to be limited to ‘social, cultural and family’ circumstances. Nevertheless, we are satisfied that the appellant has no ties with Nigeria. He is a stranger to the country, the people, and the way of life. His father may have ties but they are not ties of the appellant or any ties that could result in support to the appellant in the event of his return there. Unsurprisingly, given the length of the appellant’s residence here, all of his ties are with the United Kingdom. Consequently the appellant has so little connection with Nigeria so as to mean that the consequences for him in establishing private life there at the age of 28, after 22 years residence in the United Kingdom, would be ‘unjustifiably harsh’.

Whilst each case turns on its own facts, circumstances relevant to the assessment of whether a person has ties to the country to which they would have to go if they were required to leave the United Kingdom must include, but are not limited to: the length of time a person has spent in the country to which he would have to go if he were required to leave the United Kingdom, the age that the person left that country, the exposure that person has had to the cultural norms of that country, whether that person speaks the language of the country, the extent of the family and friends that person has in the country to which he is being deported or removed and the quality of the relationships that person has with those friends and family members.
http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKUT/IAC ... geria.html

Anyway it seems most of us will have to go through appeal process in order to see the light. Plus we have this wonderful forums with extremely knowledgeable people. So take courage from that.

Here is a wonderful poem which might b able to lift you spirit. Goodluck http://www.cdra.org.za/site/creativity/ ... Africa.htm

@letsee Thank you for extremely useful and informative post hun!!!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:16 pm

nilemarques wrote:Hmmmm!!! Interesting website!!

http://www.immigrantx.org/
Ha ! I know! I follow them guys on Twitter they are ***king nuts!!!!! 8)

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:46 pm

Afternoon guys and welcome back sanny27. Can I pls order like 3 bottles of Jamaicans finest "Appleton estate extra" best rum out there! ☺.

Anyways I got a post from my MP this morning worded thus,

i have now been able to speak with the UKBA on your behalf about your application and they have confirmed that your application has been received and under consideration. However I understand that prior to this application to regularise your status, you had been classified and overstayed on a previous visa which had expired and this history means your application is taking longer than normal to process. I am afraid I am not able to give a timescale for the completion of your application and unfortunately I am not able to expedite this process for you. However I hope this information is helpful and you do not have to wait longer for a decision.

So I guess the indefinite waiting continues. May the good lord help us all.

poketoholo

Post by poketoholo » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:48 pm

Good Afternoon dear friends.....Believe2013..SDP..Dapsonlee..Verbina..Yummymummyj3, and all,
Call HO this morning, the Lady put me on hold for about 5mins which later returned and informed me that application not complete, i just had to continue to wait, cos they are now carrying out checks.
May we all find favour B4 our case workers..and for those that have been refused, there shall be a turn of event by God's Grace!

Persistence overcomes Resistance!
pt

poketoholo

Post by poketoholo » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:51 pm

Good news! @Dapsonlee.
pt

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:56 pm

dapsonlee wrote:Afternoon guys and welcome back sanny27. Can I pls order like 3 bottles of Jamaicans finest "Appleton estate extra" best rum out there! ☺.

i have now been able to speak with the UKBA on your behalf about your application and they have confirmed that your application has been received and under consideration. However I understand that prior to this application to regularise your status, you had been classified and overstayed on a previous visa which had expired and this history means your application is taking longer than normal to process. I am afraid I am not able to give a timescale for the completion of your application and unfortunately I am not able to expedite this process for you. However I hope this information is helpful and you do not have to wait longer for a decision.

@dapsonlee Oh babe im sorry its not much help at all is it?! How long have you been waiting now?

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:59 pm

dapsonlee wrote:Afternoon guys and welcome back sanny27. Can I pls order like 3 bottles of Jamaicans finest "Appleton estate extra" best rum out there! ☺.

What your MP did may not be much but it will also be recorded and it eventually helps in guiding to make decision sooner than those without any push. It is well!

A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:04 pm

verbina wrote:

@dapsonlee Oh babe im sorry its not much help at all is it?! How long have you been waiting now?

@Poketoholo I really do hope so. That reply differs not from calling the 0870 number.

@Verbina been waiting 10 months now. Not much longer I really do hope. Sigh!!!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:08 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:

@Poketoholo I really do hope so. That reply differs not from calling the 0870 number.

yehhhh *sigh* probably these couple of months they will be working faster to catch upl, just hope the quality of decisions wont be affected

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:10 pm

@dapsonlee most of the mp do not help much ...my mp at a point was even telling me that i should understand the ho is very busy with lots of applicatn and i was forced to ask him if its cool to wait a lifetime to get a decision from ho despite paying an exorbitant amount { 10X the amount of dowry paid for my mum and her grandmum lol)in application fee..if you are willing to take it further i think you should contact d ombudsman.
Last edited by yummymummy3j on Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:12 pm

@poketholo it sounds like a decision has been made....same response i got wen i called and 3 days later got my docs back ....good luck dear..

poketoholo

Post by poketoholo » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:18 pm

@Yummymummy3J..Amen oo ! ..thanks dear sis. This is my 13th month!
pt

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:23 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@poketholo it sounds like a decision has been made....same response i got wen i called and 3 days later got my docs back ....good luck dear..
@yummymummy how long did it take you to get your visa first time around love? Was it around 4 years ago? x

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:23 pm

verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:

yehhhh *sigh* probably these couple of months they will be working faster to catch upl, just hope the quality of decisions wont be affected
I don't understand how a 6 months application rolls out to become a catch me if you can game lasting an average of 12 months. Home office on African time operations. Well I'd rather wait patiently and get quality rather than bark and get hasty decision leaving me at a "started from the bottom now we are back to the bottom" kinda situation.

@Poketoholo I really will not be worried if I were you. Just go to Tesco and buy yourself the finest bubbly your money can buy. Since you are extending you definitely have been granted.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:28 pm

Good afternoon forum, I just been to solicitor, he suggesting me reconsideration later, no need to go PAP right now, after reconsideration might be go PAP and JR he said. I got my supporting document but my daughters brith certificate and our marriage certificate is missing, I don't know how to get my daughters birth certificate, I need to apply her british citizenship in a month time, any suggesting guys.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:32 pm

[quote="poketoholo"]@Yummymummy3J..Amen oo ! ..thanks dear sis. This is my 13th month![/quote]

@poketholo 13months is such a long time....congrats in advance

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:34 pm

@verbina in total 3months but they were gonna give me d visa sooner but i had no passport, they waited till i got my passport

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:34 pm

Hi I am new here and need help. What does one need to apply for flro in the parent of a British child route

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:36 pm

@dapsonlee for some reason i ve alwys thot u r doin an extension..if not , i wld suggest you leave d ombudsman bit...goodluck dear

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:36 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@verbina in total 3months but they were gonna give me d visa sooner but i had no passport, they waited till i got my passport
Oh right, really quick then !

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:37 pm

@ kiss300. a very warm and special welcome to you......@verbina over to you...

poketoholo

Post by poketoholo » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:39 pm

@Dapsonlee..definitely! i'm thinking "CUVEE ROSE Laurent Perrier"! ..Thanks my bro..it shall be well with us....and for u..U shall find favour B4 God and B4 anyone handling your case!...and to all on this forum!
pt

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:40 pm

poketoholo wrote:Good Afternoon dear friends.....Believe2013..SDP..Dapsonlee..Verbina..Yummymummyj3, and all,
Call HO this morning, the Lady put me on hold for about 5mins which later returned and informed me that application not complete, i just had to continue to wait, cos they are now carrying out checks.
May we all find favour B4 our case workers..and for those that have been refused, there shall be a turn of event by God's Grace!

Persistence overcomes Resistance!
Good afternoon Poketoholo and all

@Dapsonlee a very vague response from him never mind sir. Your heart and mind are in the right place so you will conquer.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:40 pm

kiss300 wrote:Hi I am new here and need help. What does one need to apply for flro in the parent of a British child route
You must both be in UK.
You must be separated from the other parent.
The other parent must be BC or hold ILR
You must show evidence of your relationship with the child and your involvement in their upbringing.
Errr cant think of anything else.... Oh yeah if you re here illegally/overstayed there s EX1 provision

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... d/parents/

SDP

Post by SDP » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:41 pm

@Dapsonlee your MP was of not much use, we can get that answer from help desk at HO..Phew ! We really don't have a choice rather than just waiting... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Welcome back sanny hope you had a splendid holiday ! I wish I can fly now..
:cry:
Keep praying guys and strengthen support for each other.