ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Dependents FLR(M) inquiry

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:51 am

ANGUS_JOHN wrote:My quick quest. My dependents leave expires at the same time as mine and i will apply for the my IRL in May, So i should apply for my wife and kid FLR(M) at the same time for them as well because i cannot wait for my reference to come and write it on their application cz by that their leave would have expire
so once they will get their FLR(M) Then they can apply for SET(0) Straight away as they would have already completed 2 year time requirement and also is it must to maintain balance for dependents for their FLR(M).
You can send both the applications simultaneously with a proper covering letter explaining the situation with both applications. However, it might be handy if you can at least mention the Special Delivery Ref number on each other's covering letters, in order to enable the UKBA to link both, yours and your wife's application. This template might be helpful to phrase your covering letter. However, you might need to amend a few bits in it to suit your situation.

Where was your kid born? If he/she is UK-born don't worry about adding them to your wife's FLR(M) unless you have serious plans to travel. You can make MN1 application for your child once you get your ILR irrespective of their visa status (Valid/Expired). However, if your child is born abroad then you will have to add her to the FLR(M).

Regarding balance, you should be able to prove that you've got enough funds to maintain your family without relying on the public funds.

-HTH
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Uzo
Newly Registered

10 yr ILR

Post by Uzo » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:15 pm

I am new here. Can some please tell me how to access the skydrive? Here are my details:

Application sent: 26/10/2012
Confirmation received: 01/11/2012
Bio letter received: 05/12/2012
Bio sent: 05/12/2012
ILR received: pending

Are there any October applicants that have received their ILRs?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:59 pm

This is how it stands as of today. Courtesy: Skydrive for SET(O) 10 Yr Long Residence

Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Uzo
Newly Registered

Post by Uzo » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:06 pm

Thank you Damanisshallo. Looks like Sept and Oct applicants are just coming into the frame for a possible decision.

ANGUS_JOHN
Newly Registered

You can send both the applications simultaneously with a pro

Post by ANGUS_JOHN » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:35 pm

Thanks alot Damanisshallo for always being helpfull :)
I will send both applications together with covering letter and about the balance you said i should have some balance but for this FLR(M) it doesnt have to be 90 days because when i checked online it doesnt say any specific amount for and fix period but generally speaking as you said i should have some balance to show??
thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:55 pm

@ANGUS_JOHN

Read through this post for more info.
Skydrives, Templates

TheGreenTea

Post by TheGreenTea » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:22 pm

Hi Guys

I have stumbled across this post in debris of the internet:
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/p ... al_ilr_s_7

Interesting that somebody has asked a very specific question about number of applications received and processed in June 2012.

Anyone had given this a try?

jai_aus

Good News For Aug/Sep Applicants............

Post by jai_aus » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:39 pm

I received my ILR Approval today.............Best day ever..........

I applied on 31st Aug.2012.

I did call Home Office last Friday and I have been told that they received my application on 4th Sep since 31st Aug was Friday and I will have to call when 6 months are up.

So today is exactly six months and I received my approval today....

So Everyone hold on and am sure everyone will get their ILR.

Regards

dipmm2000d

Post by dipmm2000d » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:04 pm

congrats great news that august applicants are getting

Punjabis

No need for FLR (M)

Post by Punjabis » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:23 pm

I would like to share my experience for today's visit of Home Office at PEO.

I have had PEO appointment booked for my wife visa.

I recently got ILR on 10 yr basis about couple of weeks ago.. My wife was with me as Tier1G dependent.
With the help of Damisshallo and other senior members guided me to do FLR(M) first and than follow up SET (M).

In PEO when I was asked to hand in the application, I raised a question of saying I have my wife with me as my dependent from last 5 years as tier1G. I have got settlement can I aplly for her directly for ILR by handing in SET(M).
Advisor requested me to give both applications and she will ask manager.

She came back after 10 min and said you can just apply for ILR by handing in SET(M). So she gave me FLR(M) application back.

By handing in all the application we realise, my wife, left LITUK at home. So we asked can you access it from your system. She said that is fine too.

In abt hr later she approved ILR for my wife.

So, Here is learning for all of us including all senior members, process is different to what has guided in this forum before.

Pls follow what I have experienced today.

Pls note I paid only for ILR application. I did not hv to pay for 2 applications.

Punjabis

Post by Punjabis » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:43 pm

Terry143 wrote:Thank you very much Damanisshallo.
Damanisshallo wrote:@Terry143

1. Once i get ILR, can I able to apply for them for ILR from India? She has all certificates that required for FLR(M) & SET(M). But i am not sure whether we can apply outside UK.

ILR or any form of "leave to remain" cannot be applied for from outside the UK.

2. If it is not possible to Apply ILR outside UK, is it dependant visa i should apply (if they can not able come back before current visa expires ) once I get my ILR. Is there any maintenance of funds needs to be shown?

Your spouse may apply for settlement visa from outside UK, and if eligible, may be issued with ILE (Indefinite Leave to Enter) endorsement. Though your dependants may not fall under the financial requirement threshold but you still need to show that you've enough funds available to maintain your family without relying on the public funds.

3. If they stay more than 90 days in one go outside UK(so far 60 days now), is it a issue to get ILr through FLR(M) & Set(M)

There is no such thing mentioned but you might be held answerable to plenty of questions and supporting docs. so, why risk it?
UKBA wrote:The Immigration Rules do not say that you must have been in the UK for the entire 2 years of your visa or permission to remain. Your application to settle here will be judged on its merits, taking into account your reasons for travel, the length of your absences, and whether you and your partner travelled and lived together while you were outside the UK. If you have spent a limited time abroad in connection with your job, for example, this should not count against you.

Terry143

You might not need FLR(M). Pls check this link out and get it checked from home office.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=5480

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Skip FLR (M)

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:08 pm

Punjabis wrote:Pls note I paid only for ILR application. I did not hv to pay for 2 applications.
Now this is a NEWS for most of us....congratulations though...don't understand UKBA and their weird rules.
Last edited by Damanisshallo on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skydrives, Templates

Punjabis

Re: Good News For Aug/Sep Applicants............

Post by Punjabis » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:35 pm

jai_aus wrote:I received my ILR Approval today.............Best day ever..........

I did call Home Office last Friday and I have been told that they received my application on 4th Sep since 31st Aug was Friday and I will have to call when 6 months are up.

Regards
Congrats

jai_aus

Post by jai_aus » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:13 pm

Punjabis wrote:
jai_aus wrote:I received my ILR Approval today.............Best day ever..........

Regards
Congrats
Thanks

TRMs
Newly Registered

Post by TRMs » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:32 am

Regards
Hi jai_aus, can you please tell me the number which you used to contact the UKBA on please? I tried earllier to call them and I was told rather abruptly by an automated female voice that they were not giving out updates. Thanks

Terry143
Newly Registered

Post by Terry143 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:36 am

Shad,

Thank you for your guidance. Is there any email ID of UKBA that i can take advice on this. Just in case if you come across any more information regarding this, please do send me a link.

Have a nice day.

smshad wrote:Hi,

Be very careful on your situation because rules for application made within the UK and applications made outside the UK are sometimes different.

If your wife's visa will expire while she is outside the UK then she will have to apply as the dependant of a settled person but for ILR she will come under the new rules, 5 years stay and financial requirement.

I did read it somewhere last year but could not find this again so I contacted UKBA and they said the same.

Take care.
Shad.

1. Once i get ILR, can I able to apply for them for ILR from India? She has all certificates that required for FLR(M) & SET(M). But i am not sure whether we can apply outside UK.

2. If it is not possible to Apply ILR outside UK, is it dependant visa i should apply (if they can not able come back before current visa expires ) once I get my ILR. Is there any maintenance of funds needs to be shown?

Your spouse may apply for settlement visa from outside UK, and if eligible, may be issued with ILE (Indefinite Leave to Enter) endorsement. Though your dependants may not fall under the financial requirement threshold but you still need to show that you've enough funds available to maintain your family without relying on the public funds.

3. If they stay more than 90 days in one go outside UK(so far 60 days now), is it a issue to get ILr through FLR(M) & Set(M)

There is no such thing mentioned but you might be held answerable to plenty of questions and supporting docs. so, why risk it?
UKBA wrote:The Immigration Rules do not say that you must have been in the UK for the entire 2 years of your visa or permission to remain. Your application to settle here will be judged on its merits, taking into account your reasons for travel, the length of your absences, and whether you and your partner travelled and lived together while you were outside the UK. If you have spent a limited time abroad in connection with your job, for example, this should not count against you.

Terry143
Newly Registered

Post by Terry143 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:39 am

Punjabis,

Congratulations. Getting LIR directly with SET(M) (with out FLRM) has shown a path for all of us. Thank you.

Punjabis wrote:

Terry143

You might not need FLR(M). Pls check this link out and get it checked from home office.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=5480

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: No need for FLR (M)

Post by saanju9 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:39 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
Punjabis wrote:Pls note I paid only for ILR application. I did not hv to pay for 2 applications.
Now this is a NEWS for most of us....congratulations though...don't understand UKBA and their weird rules.

That is really a big news.. the last we heard was from someone that they had to pay for both application..

yet again they proved that they are bloody unpredictable. I think it just depends on the person.. some are a****les as we come across in our daily life...lazy can't be bothered to do a little bit of service (which is what they are paid for) and start talking all the stupid rules (which doesn't make sense)... However, on the other side, there are still people who are nice, kind and willing to go that little step forward to give good service to people and make their lives easier and happier...

So its just "Luck" guys... I hate that word because I don't have much of it but there you go we always live in this world with another stupid word called "Hope".

Good luck and congrats guys for those who got their ILR recently

dipmm2000d

new rules

Post by dipmm2000d » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:58 am

Hi i have some questions if any expert can help me, if spouse visa is refused because of maitenance ground, who applied as as a dependant of 10 years long residency applicant at the same time under the old rules, After appeal refused or during appleal process can the person make fresh application? If he can then under which rules he will apply? still old or new rules provied the person had dependant visa from 2006? many thanks.

TRMs
Newly Registered

Wait Wait Wait

Post by TRMs » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:00 am

Hi guys. I've just come off the phone to UKBA on their very expensive number (0870...). After waiting for about 15 minutes, a very nice lady answered the call. She was very apologetic and advised me that they had not even started working on my application, and also that she had no idea when they would do so. She attributed it all to the sheer volume of applications and not a reflection on my individual application. It was refreshing to know that some people who take these calls have a heart, but the wait continues. I applied on the 13th August.

missniu
Newly Registered

Re: Wait Wait Wait

Post by missniu » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:26 am

Hi Guys,
I wish to send a letter to my MP so as to expedite my application. It's been nearly 7 months (since 15th August) and I am running crazy!!!
I have no idea what to write. Can anyone please post up a general template so I can then tweak to my specification.
Thanks guys

Soul&Karma
Newly Registered

Post by Soul&Karma » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:54 am

missniu

Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:26 am Post subject: Re: Wait Wait Wait
Hi Guys,
I wish to send a letter to my MP so as to expedite my application. It's been nearly 7 months (since 15th August) and I am running crazy!!!
I have no idea what to write. Can anyone please post up a general template so I can then tweak to my specification.
Thanks guys
IMMIGRATION INFORMATION

Personal details:

Name: ………………………………………………………………………………….

Full postal address: …………………………………………………………………….

………………………………………………Telephone:……………………………...

Date of Birth: ………………………………………………………………………….

Home Office Reference number: …….………………………………………………...

Port Reference number (if applicable): ………………………………………………...

Nationality: …………………………………………………………………………….

Your application:

Date of application: …………………………………………………………………….

Recorded delivery number: …………………………………………………………….

Names and dates of birth of any others who form part of the application: …………….

…………………………………………………………………………………………..

..…………………………………………………………………………………………

..…………………………………………………………………………………………

Type of application (e.g. Indefinite Leave, Citizenship etc.): .........................................

Other relevant information: ………………………….....................................................

…………………………………………………………………………………………

[/quote]

natisanga

FINALLY

Post by natisanga » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:39 am

Dear all,

I finally got my passport back today! Still waiting for my biometrics card.

I am a July applicant (end of july). I did ask my MP to expedite my case, and i have to say his immigration secretary was very good.

I did have to provide all letters to show that I need to travel for work ( i work in research, goverment funded projects, and we need to do field work now catching rainy season in Africa). SO we did have all those things to show, (urgency to travel climate conditions), i work in a University, we have grants with public money, and we are in the last year of the project, etc.
I think it does make a difference that it is a University...(and not a company).

All in all, it took less than 3 weeks, since the moment i contacted my MP to getting my passport back... now waiting for biometrics.

Thanks a lot for all your support and help.

Best of luck to everyone.

TRMs
Newly Registered

Re: FINALLY

Post by TRMs » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:43 pm

natisanga wrote:Dear all,

I finally got my passport back today! Still waiting for my biometrics card.

I am a July applicant (end of july). I did ask my MP to expedite my case, and i have to say his immigration secretary was very good.

I did have to provide all letters to show that I need to travel for work ( i work in research, goverment funded projects, and we need to do field work now catching rainy season in Africa). SO we did have all those things to show, (urgency to travel climate conditions), i work in a University, we have grants with public money, and we are in the last year of the project, etc.
I think it does make a difference that it is a University...(and not a company).

All in all, it took less than 3 weeks, since the moment i contacted my MP to getting my passport back... now waiting for biometrics.

Thanks a lot for all your support and help.

Best of luck to everyone.
Congrats natisanga

kevinwoo
Newly Registered

Post by kevinwoo » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:58 pm

kevinwoo wrote:It has been very exhausting waiting and I am still waiting...wondering if there is a number I can call or should I bother? (as they will only ask you to wait?)

It has been 8 months!!!

My key dates as follow:
App sent: 14/6/2012
Ack received: 18/6/2012
Bio invite: 21/08/2012
Bio done: 22/08/2012
Change of address: 19/11/2012
ILR received: pending
Just called home office regarding the outstanding application. The reply was "your application is not completed yet"..."you will have to keep waiting until it is complete".

However, I was able to check if they did receive my change of address enquiry back in November... Any other June applicants are still waiting? It is not nice to see the July and August applicants getting the replies when I am still waiting :/