ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

July 2013 - Naturalisation application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ririreallydidit
Newly Registered

Post by Ririreallydidit » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:38 am

Eligibility criteria: ILR since 2009 (Been here since 2004 age 14) 
Method of application: NCS
 Date of application: 12th July 2013 
Date of receipt by UKBA: 16th July 2013 
Date of acknowledgement : 18th July 2013 (Dated 16th July 2013 )
Date of debit of fees: 19 July 2013
Date of approval: 11 October 2013 (dated 6th Oct)
Date of Ceremony: -_-(L.A to ring me back to make a booking)

I received the following response to the email I sent out on the 10th to request an update on my application. Clearly they do not check. They just sent the same automated response to say there is no decision as yet :s ...

"Dear ******,
Thank you for your email.I have checked our records and can confirm that no decision has yet been made on your application.We aim to process 95% of applications within 6 months however there are a small percentage of applications that take longer than this to be resolved.

When the decision is made, or if we require further information from you, we we will contact you in writing."...
This doesn't inspire confidence in them.

Ririreallydidit
Newly Registered

Post by Ririreallydidit » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:52 am

neoseal wrote:congrats Ririreallydidit, it will be interesting to see their reply, it will be proof that if they really check the status before replying.
Thank you neoseal. It seems they do not check the status. Maybe they send the same response to everyone with applications under 6months.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:37 am

Ririreallydidit wrote:
neoseal wrote:congrats Ririreallydidit, it will be interesting to see their reply, it will be proof that if they really check the status before replying.
Thank you neoseal. It seems they do not check the status. Maybe they send the same response to everyone with applications under 6months.
Yes, they do that in most cases; although, they said to my friend that a decision had been made and then he got the letter in 2 days; so it seems to be totally random...