ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration reforms and future of Tier 1 (PSW)

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tusso

Post by tusso » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:12 pm

fibreman wrote:
arsenal49 wrote:celtic presumably works in highly dynamic world.

for people in that sort of situation, tier 1 is definitely something that gives them freedom to move companies, work on their own etc etc and they are not SLAVE ,if you like, to the tier 2 sponsor.

As one case suggest here, the guy was made redundant after 4 years of empoyment (tier 2) and he has got 2 weeks to find another job! or he has to go back home.

Thats not fair in my eyes who has pretty much build his life in UK, paid taxes, contributed to the economy and now being told get out!

thats why tier 1 OWNS tier 2 everytime. but no more tier 1. ho hum.
I mentioned this one also... it is true that even big companies, they don't want to sponsor you. Most, if not 90% require you to have your own permit or unlimited rights to work... otherwise they don't even consider you.

That is true. I've applied to some positions, answer to come back when i have psw etc. or couldn't even apply. Only handful of companies sponsor, and now, the job situation is very bad. Also, Tier 2 is extremely insecure... as said.

I hoep we get psw. We have to be united. We have extremely good basis for court here if we don't. Refer to Penningtons report for points...

IF the MPs report recommendations on PSW are favourable, the government will have no excuse to cancel PSW, and therefore if they decide to scrap it without even TA, we have a very strong case... So lets hope they are lol

fibreman

Post by fibreman » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:15 pm

tusso wrote: I hoep we get psw. We have to be united. We have extremely good basis for court here if we don't. Refer to Penningtons report for points...

IF the MPs report recommendations on PSW are favourable, the government will have no excuse to cancel PSW, and therefore if they decide to scrap it without even TA, we have a very strong case... So lets hope they are lol[/quote]

I think TA has to be given to us, even if psw is not cancelled... even if there are changes to it, say shortening to one year etc. If you came here to study msc or undergrad, now they say phd... they can't sc... us, can they? We made such a big commitment to come here, and now we stress every day.

If I had known this before...

tusso

Post by tusso » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:28 pm

fibreman wrote:
tusso wrote: I hoep we get psw. We have to be united. We have extremely good basis for court here if we don't. Refer to Penningtons report for points...

IF the MPs report recommendations on PSW are favourable, the government will have no excuse to cancel PSW, and therefore if they decide to scrap it without even TA, we have a very strong case... So lets hope they are lol
I think TA has to be given to us, even if psw is not cancelled... even if there are changes to it, say shortening to one year etc. If you came here to study msc or undergrad, now they say phd... they can't sc... us, can they? We made such a big commitment to come here, and now we stress every day.

If I had known this before...[/quote]

Same lol, well my guess is probably if people graduate this year then we get the full 2 years, then dunno what will happen with the other backlog of students who for example started their undergrad only this year and if the gov is willing to extend the TA that much, even though that would also be unfair...

jlewisunh

Post by jlewisunh » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:08 pm

i think you guys are a bit too hard on tier 2. if you get a job with a company already registered, you can switch into tier 2 as long as the company will sponsor. if you do a good job at work, they'd have no reason not to sponsor you.

jlewisunh

Post by jlewisunh » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:19 pm

fibreman

Post by fibreman » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:29 pm

jlewisunh wrote:i think you guys are a bit too hard on tier 2. if you get a job with a company already registered, you can switch into tier 2 as long as the company will sponsor. if you do a good job at work, they'd have no reason not to sponsor you.
That's true, if you have worked for them and been able to prove yourself... maybe... but without psw and chance to actually start work, it's thin ice.

Most will not even consider you. That's reality. I was even told to get back to one company after I get psw...

tusso

Post by tusso » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:40 pm

jlewisunh wrote:changes have been announced

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ofchanges/
Yeah but its just for tier 1 and 2 I think, I did a quick browse through it and has minor amendments to PSW such as tightening institutions that are allowed to give u a degree worth of PSW, though interesting enough, nothing is said in terms of PSW might be removed...

fibreman

Post by fibreman » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:45 pm

tusso wrote:

Yeah but its just for tier 1 and 2 I think, I did a quick browse through it and has minor amendments to PSW such as tightening institutions that are allowed to give u a degree worth of PSW, though interesting enough, nothing is said in terms of PSW might be removed...
Yes... these are just some general changes, absolutely nothing about decision what to do with psw yet.
Not changes we're expecting to see.

jlewisunh

Post by jlewisunh » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:08 pm

fibreman wrote:
tusso wrote:

Yes... these are just some general changes, absolutely nothing about decision what to do with psw yet.
Not changes we're expecting to see.
Are you guys blind?

Page 57 confirms at para 7.9 No changes, other than those set out in 7.16 and 7.17 below, are being made to the Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) category, which caters for international graduates who have studied in the UK and wish to work following their graduation.

THIS CLEARLY MEANS THE SCHEME IS REMAINING IN PLACE. They are simply making it much more difficult to switch into Tier 2 when you're on PSW.

tusso

Post by tusso » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:14 pm

Nope, I saw that aswell but what Im saying is let's not declare victory on this matter, because these policy proposals came with as part of the tier 1 and 2 consultation and psw was included in the tier 4 visas... the interesting I found there is that it does not mention that PSW is subject to change on pending decisions or something like that... The problem here is that this government is rushing everything, in theory they were expecting to pass this big statement of intent with changes to tier 1, 2 and 4 included, but now cause there s big oppositon, changes to tier 4 will come apart...

jlewisunh

Post by jlewisunh » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:23 pm

tusso wrote:Nope, I saw that aswell but what Im saying is let's not declare victory on this matter, because these policy proposals came with as part of the tier 1 and 2 consultation and psw was included in the tier 4 visas... the interesting I found there is that it does not mention that PSW is subject to change on pending decisions or something like that... The problem here is that this government is rushing everything, in theory they were expecting to pass this big statement of intent with changes to tier 1, 2 and 4 included, but now cause there s big oppositon, changes to tier 4 will come apart...
You are wrong. PSW is part of Tier 1 not Tier 4. This is the formal announcement of the changes. I don't know what else you could be looking for.

tusso

Post by tusso » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:26 pm

jlewisunh wrote:
tusso wrote:Nope, I saw that aswell but what Im saying is let's not declare victory on this matter, because these policy proposals came with as part of the tier 1 and 2 consultation and psw was included in the tier 4 visas... the interesting I found there is that it does not mention that PSW is subject to change on pending decisions or something like that... The problem here is that this government is rushing everything, in theory they were expecting to pass this big statement of intent with changes to tier 1, 2 and 4 included, but now cause there s big oppositon, changes to tier 4 will come apart...
You are wrong. PSW is part of Tier 1 not Tier 4. This is the formal announcement of the changes. I don't know what else you could be looking for.
Then why wasn't PSW discussed in the tier 1 and 2 consultation? PSW was discussed as part of the student route, all I'm saying is until the government does not publish its state of intent about the Student consultation I won't give the issue as solved...

fibreman

Post by fibreman » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:29 pm

tusso wrote:
Then why wasn't PSW discussed in the tier 1 and 2 consultation? PSW was discussed as part of the student route, all I'm saying is until the government does not publish its state of intent about the Student consultation I won't give the issue as solved...
I agree... I don't think this is it, these changes are not the ones we're waiting for still. Otherwise, it would all be in news also that nothing changes...

I think there will be changes to PSW to follow, separate from this, at yet unknown date.

upslaysee
Newly Registered

Post by upslaysee » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:27 pm

7.9 No changes, other than those set out in 7.16 and 7.17 below, are being made to the Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) category, which caters for international graduates who have studied in the UK and wish to work following their graduation.
Before I start jumping for joy.. This is the official? It's from a document from the UK Border Agency.

tusso

Post by tusso » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:36 pm

upslaysee wrote:
7.9 No changes, other than those set out in 7.16 and 7.17 below, are being made to the Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) category, which caters for international graduates who have studied in the UK and wish to work following their graduation.
Before I start jumping for joy.. This is the official? It's from a document from the UK Border Agency.
Yes and No lol we dont really know, Yes its an official document, but because PSW was included in the other set of the consultation, changes can still come when the next state of intent is announced, so we have to wait... Though the interesting thing is that why didnt the document say: changes on psw pending or something like that...

luckylondon

Post by luckylondon » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:39 pm

Post study is a part of Student visa system....like would be student allowed to work after their completion of their studies. So still need to wait unless decision need to come for student reform. Hope for good and be positive.

good bless us
all is well

jlewisunh

Post by jlewisunh » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:49 pm

You guys are ridiculous. The Home Secretary has released this information today, officially. It says THERE WILL BE NO MORE CHANGES TO PSW.

Why you guys refuse to believe this, I have no idea.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:58 pm

Good news
Home Affairs Committee has published its report in our favour.
N/A

jlewisunh

Post by jlewisunh » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:13 pm

Tier 4 wrote:Good news
Try telling that to the other forum members!

upslaysee
Newly Registered

Post by upslaysee » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:35 pm

Yes and No lol we dont really know, Yes its an official document, but because PSW was included in the other set of the consultation, changes can still come when the next state of intent is announced, so we have to wait... Though the interesting thing is that why didnt the document say: changes on psw pending or something like that...

It already said no changes will be made. Why will they renege on that in the next state of intent? That's just kinda lame. I wanna jump for joy, but you debbie downers are making me doubt this announcement.
Last edited by upslaysee on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tusso

Post by tusso » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:35 pm

jlewisunh wrote:
Nonono jlewis, that s something else, lol there one is the policy intent submitted by UKBA and then the home affairs committee report by MPs which as u know is focused on student visas... how do u know the home affairs committee has published it in our favor? do u have a copy of the report?

jlewisunh

Post by jlewisunh » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:38 pm

tusso wrote:
jlewisunh wrote:
Nonono jlewis, that s something else, lol there one is the policy intent submitted by UKBA and then the home affairs committee report by MPs which as u know is focused on student visas... how do u know the home affairs committee has published it in our favor? do u have a copy of the report?
It doesn't matter what the Home Affairs committee says in their report. The secretary has already released the changes, ahead of them.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:39 pm

gosh....
psw will remain like it is right now.

but if you(doubters) don't wanna enjoy the moment yet..... suit yourself and wait till 6th April!

tusso

Post by tusso » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:39 pm

arsenal49 wrote:gosh....
psw will remain like it is right now.

but if you(doubters) don't wanna enjoy the moment yet..... suit yourself and wait till 6th April!
haha fine fine sorry

Unikid
Newly Registered

Post by Unikid » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:42 pm

Thanks God ! :lol: