ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ali-80
Newly Registered

Post by ali-80 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:57 pm

guyz just a quick update...just recieved a call from my solicitor. my ilr has been aprroved..what a releif.

apllication sent 07.07.2012

its been exactly 8 months today

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Skydrive is in mess again

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:57 pm

Ged wrote:Someone destroyed the order of rows in the sky-drive yet again. How difficult can it be to use an excel sheet without destroying it. I wonder if it is time to remove filters from the spread sheet in order to make it harder to destroy?
Hello All,

I've made this spreadsheet much easier to use please have a look and let me know what you think. New Skydrive for 10 Yr Long Residence

1. You need a Skydrive ID (Hotmail/MSN/Existing Email) Click here
2. Click Edit Workbook Menu
3. Select Edit in Excel Web App
4. Just add your details to the bottom of the table
5. Once done Click View and select Reading View.

NB: Do not insert any rows in between. The table gets sorted over night. However, if you are eager to sort the spreadsheet to analyze the data(Scroll to Column O), then once you've added your details to the bottom of the table, sort the sheet Ascending first by "Application Sent Date" (Column B)and then by "Passport Returned"(Column G)
Last edited by Damanisshallo on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

kjess
Newly Registered

Post by kjess » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:18 pm

Wow, congratulations! :D
ali-80 wrote:guyz just a quick update...just recieved a call from my solicitor. my ilr has been aprroved..what a releif.

apllication sent 07.07.2012

its been exactly 8 months today

kjess
Newly Registered

Post by kjess » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:24 pm

Damanisshallo, thank you for your work. The both formats are ok for me actually, but I guess in the future we'll discard the previous one only update the excel one?
Damanisshallo wrote:
Ged wrote:Someone destroyed the order of rows in the sky-drive yet again. How difficult can it be to use an excel sheet without destroying it. I wonder if it is time to remove filters from the spread sheet in order to make it harder to destroy?
Hello All,

I've made this spreadsheet much easier to use please have a look and let me know what you think. New Skydrive for 10 Yr Long Residence

NB: Do not insert any rows in between. The table gets sorted over night.

nadeem toheed

Post by nadeem toheed » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:53 pm

dreamfriend wrote:
Its back to normal :)

Please guys if you done your biometrics please update sky drive. Thanks

pokhreligautam
Akki
K77
Rensal
nadeem toheed
nikcu0
HR
Could anyone please update on sky drive as i've done biometrics on 5th feb 2013,
Thanks and sorry for

Ged

Post by Ged » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:17 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
Hello All,

NB: Do not insert any rows in between. The table gets sorted over night. However, if you are eager to sort the spreadsheet to analyze the data/graph(Scroll to Column O), then once you've added your details to the bottom of the table, sort the sheet Ascending first by "Application Sent Date" (Column B)and then by "Current Status"(Column H)
I think the new format actually looks good when it opens.

However; my browser is giving me an error message when I try to open this spread sheet because it is larger than 5mb. It does not open from the web application, therefore I have to open it from excel. I am not sure if that is really practical on that sense. This must be fixed or we should keep the old format. Let me know if it is my fault that it does not open on my PC.

As a second recommendation I suggest to keep the refused applications within the chronological order rather than keeping them separately at the bottom. Otherwise you will have a growing list of refusals at the bottom of the sheet, which will look rather traumatic for the new comers when they are adding their names to the bottom. Besides they do not clearly indicate how often people get refused when they are separated from the successful applications.

Thanks Damanisshallo for his good work of designing this spread sheet regardless.

eryck
Newly Registered

Re: july applicants

Post by eryck » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:22 pm

hello,
got refused for my application, on the grounds of gaps in y stay. will post details a bit later as sorting out the next move with solicitor cus the gaps are partly due to ukba plus decision made under new rules when application was made in-time before new rules.
anyways, not need of raod yet and will post more details later.
inzi2k wrote:
any update from
jewellondon,
ali-80,
eryck,
Hwima,
tapi98,
Sanji100,
andie_83,
kjess,
rassel2013

I am the first one of August so look for July guys everyday, Its not moving !!!
Only one person got the ILR in many days.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:40 pm

Ged wrote:I think the new format actually looks good when it opens.

However; my browser is giving me an error message when I try to open this spread sheet because it is larger than 5mb. It does not open from the web application, therefore I have to open it from excel. I am not sure if that is really practical on that sense. This must be fixed or we should keep the old format. Let me know if it is my fault that it does not open on my PC.

As a second recommendation I suggest to keep the refused applications within the chronological order rather than keeping them separately at the bottom. Otherwise you will have a growing list of refusals at the bottom of the sheet, which will look rather traumatic for the new comers when they are adding their names to the bottom. Besides they do not clearly indicate how often people get refused when they are separated from the successful applications.
Sorted...Had to get rid of the graphs to reduce the size.

Though the graph's are back now.

NB: Do not insert any rows in between. The table gets sorted over night. However, if you are eager to sort the spreadsheet to analyze the data(Scroll to Column O), then once you've added your details to the bottom of the table, sort the sheet Ascending first by "Application Sent Date" (Column B)and then by "Passport Returned"(Column G)
Last edited by Damanisshallo on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

ijaz.khanz
Newly Registered

Post by ijaz.khanz » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:02 pm

I came to UK in 2002 on student visa, and got married in 2003 and my wife came to UK early 2004 as my dependent, she later switch to student category in 2005 and i became dependent of her, and in 2010 she got her tier 1 general for 3 years and as I completed my 10 years in 2012, and i got ILR on 10 years long residency in april 2012.

now my question is

1) can my wife apply for ILR as she is in UK for nine years and married to person settled here, if yes what form shall i use?

I will be waiting for your reply.

thanks.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:23 pm

ijaz.khanz wrote:I came to UK in 2002 on student visa, and got married in 2003 and my wife came to UK early 2004 as my dependent, she later switch to student category in 2005 and i became dependent of her, and in 2010 she got her tier 1 general for 3 years and as I completed my 10 years in 2012, and i got ILR on 10 years long residency in april 2012.

now my question is

1) can my wife apply for ILR as she is in UK for nine years and married to person settled here, if yes what form shall i use?.
She'd qualify for 10Yr LR next year or 5 Yrs Economic Route in 2 yrs..
Skydrives, Templates

hrumy
Newly Registered

Correction!

Post by hrumy » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:54 pm

I will be grateful if you correct my timeline in Skydrive:

HR

Application type: 10 years long residence
Application made on: 20-12-2012
Fees paid by: Banker's draft
Acknowledgement letter received: 02-01-2013 (dated 24-12-2012)
Biometric letter received: 28-01-2013 (dated 24-01-2013)
Biometric done on: 29-01-2013
BRP: WAITING
Passport and other documents: WAITING

Many thanks. Wish you all the best.
Damanisshallo wrote:
Hello All,

A.Jadoon

sharing my timeline

Post by A.Jadoon » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:31 pm

Hello everyone,

I have been a silent reader on this forum for a little while now and I felt a bit selfish for not sharing my things whilst reading up on everyone's else.

First of all I'd like to share my timeline, which is :

Application posted on 03 sept 2012 (recorded next day delivery).
Acknowledgement letter recieved dated 05 sept 2012.
Can't remember when the money was taken out of my bank account, but it wasn't far off after i recieved my ack.letter.
Biometrics letter recieved on the 8th Nov 2012, dated 6th Nov 2012.
Biometrics done on the 8th Nov 2012.
Documents recieved : waiting ...........

Phoned UKBA today (7th March 2013) and the answer as everyone of you know is "YOUR APPLICATION IS NOT COMPLETED YET BUT IT WILL BE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE" (in another words "How long is the piece of string" obviously don't know).

I don't know whether my case is simple or not but the outline of my case is :
Entered U.K on student visa in 2002 (valid until 2006).
Married EEA national 2006. Got 1yr residence card on Workers registration Scheme. It took almost one year before the application was considered and UKBA granted me a visa in 2007 (dated 2007 -2008) (passport was in homeoffce all that time). Before my visa expired I applied for a 5yrs residence card and they granted me a Residence Card in 2009 for 5yrs. It took homeoffice 18months to decide my case (Don't know why?) again homeoffce had my passport all that time. My current 5yrs visa expires in 2014, Never been out of this country for more than 30 days in any given year. I was eligible to take 10yrs route to apply for ILR in sept 2012, Now having a valid visa on my passport, Guess where is my passport!!!!! HOMEOFFICE again!! for just over 6months now. Never had any luck having my passport back from the homeoffice soon enough and I'm sick and tired of all this. I hope I'm gonna get my ILR and will be a free man once again (inshallah) and my prayers are to all of you too.

nats

MN1 form topic?

Post by nats » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:34 pm

canto help anyone suggest where get help regarding child MN1 form. I have gone throu few topics here but I guess they r not active any more? anyone?

ijaz.khanz
Newly Registered

Re: MN1 form topic?

Post by ijaz.khanz » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:17 pm

hi nats, its best to get appointment booked in your local council and they will help u to go through the form, they charge nominal fee for that, but will be best to go through them as every thing will be correct and it will also help process application fast.

nats

Re: MN1 form topic?

Post by nats » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:32 pm

thanks ijaz, even i was thinking same but the earliest appointment in my borough is on 1st May. I will search for any other council if i get an appointment early.
ijaz.khanz wrote:hi nats, its best to get appointment booked in your local council and they will help u to go through the form, they charge nominal fee for that, but will be best to go through them as every thing will be correct and it will also help process application fast.

nats

FLR (m)

Post by nats » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:12 pm

Can anyone tell if new rules apply on my wife? My wife entered UK June 2010 as student dependent. I was on Student visa for 10 years and got ILR on 10 year basis. Now I want to apply for her FLR(m) now. What are the maintenace requirements i neeed to show?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: FLR (m)

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:22 pm

nats wrote:Can anyone tell if new rules apply on my wife? My wife entered UK June 2010 as student dependent. I was on Student visa for 10 years and got ILR on 10 year basis. Now I want to apply for her FLR(m) now. What are the maintenace requirements i neeed to show?
She'd come under new rules. Do you and your partner earn more than £18600 together?
Skydrives, Templates

andie_83

Re: july applicants

Post by andie_83 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:49 pm

Nop, no joy from this side.
I've been following this thread daily and I am quite scared of possibly having to wait up to 8 months (sent application on 22nd July 2012).

I have recently sent 2 complaint letters to their Liverpool offices so I will wait for 1 week or so; if no news I guess what is next is to contact my MP.

Based on what I have read not even this might make a difference but....let's hope for the best!
inzi2k wrote:
any update from
jewellondon,
ali-80,
eryck,
Hwima,
tapi98,
Sanji100,
andie_83,
kjess,
rassel2013

I am the first one of August so look for July guys everyday, Its not moving !!!
Only one person got the ILR in many days.

s4sam
Newly Registered

hello all! Qs

Post by s4sam » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:04 am

Just back to see how everyone was doing... hope UKBA is getting quicker now!

Couple of questions....
1. Rumors around that 10 years rule will be amended / changed? is this correct? Please don't tell me that it is part of ECHR bla bla, as its not! So is there something cooking?
2. Whats the maximum time a student can stay in this country? and some 1 told me that new students cannot qualify for this rule at all now? i.e. no one can stay as a student for more than 5 years?correct?.
3. This rule will die down on its own in couple of years then?

Just curious to know and good luck to all of you.!!!!!!

Sam

SUKU
Newly Registered

Post by SUKU » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:57 am

dear all, i have good news as finally i got my ILR .i applied as 10 yrs long residence . my time lines are,
applied 22nd aug 2012
ack: 24 aug
biometric letter 12th october and given on 15th oct.
letter and document return 7th march. dated 6th march
BPR waiting
6yrs student+2 yrs PSW+2yrs tier1(G)

i only send passports(old and new) and life in the uk test result. also send special delivery envelops. NO SOLICITORS, wasting money as you guys have more knowledge and clear instruction then solicitors. excellent jobs for all of you guys helping each others.keep up the good works
good luck to every one waiting for freedom... my next job is to sort out my wife flr(m)and register my children as uk citizens. . any idea how to inform the HO to process my wife flr(M)? which is already in HO. many thanks

aksi

Post by aksi » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:15 am

Best is :
1. Get back your marriage certificate by emailing document return form. In Document return form say "NO" in 3rd question.
2. Write a letter to UKBA for address to send your passport & BRP in context of FLR(M)
3. When got(usually in 2 weeks) sr. no. 1 (i.e. marriage certificate)Apply for childrens MN1 through nationality checking service, this will help you retain your Passport, BRP and other documents.
4. When got reply for sr. no. 2 send your passport and BRP to address told by UKBA.

This way you will keep your passport & BRP for most of time and also initiate childerns british passport and FLR(M) in parallel.

SUKU wrote:dear all, i have good news as finally i got my ILR .i applied as 10 yrs long residence . my time lines are,
applied 22nd aug 2012
BPR waiting

i only send passports(old and new) and life in the uk test result. also send special delivery envelops. NO SOLICITORS, wasting money as you guys have more knowledge and clear instruction then solicitors. excellent jobs for all of you guys helping each others.keep up the good works
good luck to every one waiting for freedom... my next job is to sort out my wife flr(m)and register my children as uk citizens. . any idea how to inform the HO to process my wife flr(M)? which is already in HO. many thanks

Hyper-PK

Post by Hyper-PK » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:19 am

SUKU wrote:dear all, i have good news as finally i got my ILR .i applied as 10 yrs long residence . my time lines are,
applied 22nd aug 2012
BPR waiting

Hi many congratulations,
Did you receive your docs in the same provided special delivery envelop?

<<<<<Still waiting,,,,,Applied on 24th Aug 2012 >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

All Skydrives

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:55 am

Please find below the links for various timelines and the procedure to deal with the spread sheet.

How do I put application timeline on skydrive?

Skydrive for SET(O) 10 Yr Long Residence

Skydrive for FLR(M)

Skydrive for Naturalization

Skydrive for British Passport

NB: Do not insert any rows in between as this could affect the graphs to the right. Once you've added your details to the bottom of the table, the table can be sorted by "Application Sent Date" (Column B) Ascending and then by "Passport Returned"(Column G) Ascending.
Skydrives, Templates

mmakhan

Ilr waiting time

Post by mmakhan » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:51 am

Applied on 6 sep,biometrics done called HO yesterday as the 6 months time line is gone was told ur application is under process when I called them 2 weeks ago was told ur application is incomplete. I have got appointment at PEO for my wife on 21 of this month as her visa is gonna expire on 25/3/2013 if I won't hear any thing by dat time than I have to cancel her appt and post her application.she is here with me for past 4 years as a teir 1 dependant from what I have read on this forum I understand she is eligible to apply for set m soon after her flrm without waiting for 2 more years on spouse visa.i really can't afford to hire a solicitor.u guys are really very helpful thanks a lot for putting so much afford and valuable time in making immigration board forums.

nats

Re: FLR (m)

Post by nats » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:18 am

Yes Damani, when combined our income togather its more than 18600 before tax. will they consider combine income? Do we also have to show some specific amount funds in account statement? Thanks

Damanisshallo wrote:
nats wrote:Can anyone tell if new rules apply on my wife? My wife entered UK June 2010 as student dependent. I was on Student visa for 10 years and got ILR on 10 year basis. Now I want to apply for her FLR(m) now. What are the maintenace requirements i neeed to show?
She'd come under new rules. Do you and your partner earn more than £18600 together?