ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:24 am

I would normally reccommend that you put a date about 8 weeks after you have lodged your application.

This is because it takes on average 8 -12 weeks to get visa.

Once you have got visa most people like to fly to UK starightaway, but those who dont want to can delay their travel for a maximum of 3 months from the date the visa is issued ( this is why they give you 27 months visa)therefore enabling you to fulfill the next requirement of teh process ( Indefinite leave to Remain) which states that you should live in the UK for 24 months in the Uk in order to qualify.

However if people want they can (but doesnt happen a lot)fly to the UK at anytime within that 27 month period, but it will mean, they have to make up the two years( for ILR) later and it will cost extra money.

Hope that answers your query

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:11 am

batleykhan wrote:I would normally reccommend that you put a date about 8 weeks after you have lodged your application.

Once you have got visa most people like to fly to UK starightaway, but those who dont want to can delay their travel for a maximum of 3 months from the date the visa is issued ( this is why they give you 27 months visa)therefore enabling you to fulfill the next requirement of teh process ( Indefinite leave to Remain) which states that you should live in the UK for 24 months in the Uk in order to qualify.

However if people want they can (but doesnt happen a lot)fly to the UK at anytime within that 27 month period, but it will mean, they have to make up the two years( for ILR) later and it will cost extra money.

Salams Batley byee. can you please clarify this point.
After the visa is issued I think you must enter the UK within 27 days from the date when the visa is issued, ofcourse you can delay entering the UK for up to 3 months but then you must get an extention for the missing days/months before applying for ILR, and that will cost 100s of £, am I right?

OR is it that, as long as you enter the UK within 3 months after the visa issue-date you will not have to extend your visa prior to ILR and neither you have to pay extra in administration costs.

Thank you

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:21 am

batley khan........i need some advise pleeeease....

my partner submitted case on 9/3/10........tracking site still says 'app forwarded to islamabad OC on' ever since case submission.........

my employers were contacted on April 15th asking to confirm my employment etc...........

its now been near enough 14 wks, and other ppl on this board have had their decision by now even though they handed their case in later than mine, to be totally honest with you i am getting quite concerned......

Croydon state that they have processed the application and that it is with BHC Islamabad now, BHC wont respond to any emails and ppl who answer the calls at BHC are not willing to help.........

I'm not sure what to do, waiting is not an issue but question is how long to wait before something can be done???

please help

thanks

billo

Post by billo » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:45 am

Z4yd, the visa is issued for 27 months now so your partner has max 3 months in which to travel without it affecting their ILR application. It used to be the case that you had to travel within 28 days if you didn't want your ILR affected but not anymore. Your wife will be issued with a 27 months so should travel within 3 months of the issue date on her visa. Off course she is free to travel whenever she wants in those 27 months but if you don't her subsequent application for ILR to be affected then she should travel within 3 months of visa issue. I'm sure Batleykhan can confirm the above.

yaz107
Newly Registered

Post by yaz107 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:01 pm

[quote="CRT7"]z4ydi..........if the applications are refused and it goes to appeal then they still will only look at the sponsors circumstances at the time of the intial application...........however if applicants re-apply then as you say, the english test will apply..........thankfully my partner is fluent in english so Inshallah I wont have a problem but I know what your saying about them tearing families apart and making it tough........at the end of the day they would stop applications if they could and they cant, so just making it tougher.

Yousafa..........nope still not heard anything, I'm hoping it wont be long but got no choice apart from waiting..........please make dua that it wont be much longer and be patient, I hope you dont have a wait as long as mine.

BJ Touch.........email address for Croydon is UKHUB.PakistanSettlementEnquiriesandComplaints@fco.gsi.gov.uk
OR
UKHUB.PakistanGeneralEnquiries@fco.gsi.gov.uk

hope this helps[/quote]

Hi

My husband also submitted his application to Mirpur office on 20th April 2010. On n12th May status changed to "under process" and we still haven't heard from them. We emailed once and they very helpfully replied they will let us know when a decision has been made! well obviously! It seems like those who applied around that time have not heard but people who applied in May have already received a response.

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:05 pm

batleykhan wrote:I would normally reccommend that you put a date about 8 weeks after you have lodged your application.

After reading your response I have decided to put down a date 8 weeks later.
Thanks Batleykhan and everyone else for your advice. Another question down, a few more to go :)

snipered

Post by snipered » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:20 pm

yaz107 wrote: Hi

My husband also submitted his application to Mirpur office on 20th April 2010. On n12th May status changed to "under process" and we still haven't heard from them. We emailed once and they very helpfully replied they will let us know when a decision has been made! well obviously! It seems like those who applied around that time have not heard but people who applied in May have already received a response.
Can you clarify, who has recieved a response for May? When they applied and when they got a response please?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:54 pm

z4ydi wrote:

After the visa is issued I think you must enter the UK within 27 days from the date when the visa is issued, ofcourse you can delay entering the UK for up to 3 months but then you must get an extention for the missing days/months before applying for ILR, and that will cost 100s of £, am I
right?

This is incorrect

OR is it that, as long as you enter the UK within 3 months after the visa issue-date you will not have to extend your visa prior to ILR and neither you have to pay extra in administration costs.
This is correct answer

Thank you

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:46 pm

CRT7 wrote:batley khan........i need some advise pleeeease....

my partner submitted case on 9/3/10........tracking site still says 'app forwarded to islamabad OC on' ever since case submission.........

my employers were contacted on April 15th asking to confirm my employment etc...........

its now been near enough 14 wks, and other ppl on this board have had their decision by now even though they handed their case in later than mine, to be totally honest with you i am getting quite concerned......

Croydon state that they have processed the application and that it is with BHC Islamabad now, BHC wont respond to any emails and ppl who answer the calls at BHC are not willing to help.........

I'm not sure what to do, waiting is not an issue but question is how long to wait before something can be done???

please help

thanks
Well you have actually asked Batley khan to answer your query but i try to recommend you doing couple of things to hear some thing regarding your application.
1.Tell your partner to visit the gerry's in person between 2pm-5pm which is a passport collection time and then enquire about application as there is a high chance that gerry's might be holding your partner's documents and they might have forgotten to update your application status and to contact your partner,some times they just dont bother contacting people(already happened to people last year) regarding the passport collection and keep documents for unknow reason which results in a delayed travel and last minute rush to book flights etc. :x
2.If the above doesnt work then contact your MP regarding your application.

I assume that they should have contacted your partner for passport collection once you had received email stating that application has been processed and gerry's would be in contact with your partner shortly,this year such a prolonged delay is not usual or normal so do the above two asap,your 12 week time is up and your application has already been processed(According to your last post you have already been notified by the UKBA) so i wonder why they havent yet contacted for collection???thats strange :roll: :roll: :roll:
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:11 pm

Hey everyone.

As the sponsor, where would you put the photocopies of the pages showing entry/exit stamps to Pakistan?
Do you think I should include it together with my BIO data page which is located under the "Sponser" section or in another section which I have titled "Relationship and contact."
It seems better under that title, however I was wondering if there would be any problem separating it from the BIO data page.

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:15 pm

batleykhan wrote:
z4ydi wrote:

After the visa is issued I think you must enter the UK within 27 days from the date when the visa is issued, ofcourse you can delay entering the UK for up to 3 months but then you must get an extention for the missing days/months before applying for ILR, and that will cost 100s of £, am I
right?

This is incorrect

This is correct answer

Thank you
Brother BatleyKhan and Navalaviator- May Allah swt reward you for clearifying this. I remember at least 3 of my friends whose wives entered the UK around 1 week to 3 weeks later than 28 days and they had to apply for an extention of the period beyond the initial 28 days. So when my wife gets her visa I can go and stay with my wife and my parents for 2 months and then both of us can come together without having to worry about meeting the 28 days deadline since the date of the visa-issued. Right?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:44 pm

Brother BatleyKhan and Navalaviator- May Allah swt reward you for clearifying this. I remember at least 3 of my friends whose wives entered the UK around 1 week to 3 weeks later than 28 days and they had to apply for an extention of the period beyond the initial 28 days. So when my wife gets her visa I can go and stay with my wife and my parents for 2 months and then both of us can come together without having to worry about meeting the 28 days deadline since the date of the visa-issued. Right?
You will find the above applied to visas that were being issued for 24 months.

Recently all spouse visas are now issued for 27 months.It now gives teh applicant 3 months to get into UK.

As far as you are concerned, yes you can travel back home and spend 2 months there and return with your wife before the 3 months time expires.

Just make sure your wife brings her TB certificate with her on arrival.

Q4sim

8.4.12 Have you lived with your sponsor in a relationship

Post by Q4sim » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:18 pm

8.4.12 Have you lived with your sponsor in a relationship
like a marriage or civil partnership at any time (including
since a wedding or civil partnership ceremony)?

Hey everyone, just a quick question regarding the above.
The place we stayed in was at my parents home in Pakistan. It says provide evidence of this? How can I go about doing this? I have a bill on my dads name for the house in Pakistan.
Do you think I need to attach it?

Batlyekhan I know I was on my last life line but that was on private messaging :)

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Re: 8.4.12 Have you lived with your sponsor in a relationshi

Post by navalaviator » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:25 am

Q4sim wrote:8.4.12 Have you lived with your sponsor in a relationship

The place we stayed in was at my parents home in Pakistan. It says provide evidence of this? How can I go about doing this? I have a bill on my dads name for the house in Pakistan.

Batlyekhan I know I was on my last life line but that was on private messaging :)
1.Attach the photographs of you and your wife showing togather after your marriage and i assume that it would help alot to back up your claim that you have spent some time with your wife after your marriage.

2.If you have lived with your wife after your wedding then i think you need to put the dates to point out the time periods in which you have been with your wife.

3.If you have visited your wife since your marriage then make sure you include plane tickets,boarding passes etc.
Cant say anything exactly but i assume that there is no need to include such a bill which could lead to open up a can of worms,a bill in your dad's name cant prove that you had lived with your wife at that house,just mention the times(dates) you lived with your wife and provide photos,put down you lived with your wife at her home instead of the property which is owned by your dad in pakistan. :wink:

billo

Re: 8.4.12 Have you lived with your sponsor in a relationshi

Post by billo » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:41 am

Q4sim wrote:8.4.12 Have you lived with your sponsor in a relationship

I interpret this question as proprerly living with someone, having joint commitments, bills etc. If you just stayed with your wife after marriage for a few weeks, then that is not a relationship like a marriage, just a short stay.
Maybe BatleyKhan can clear this up
- but that is how i interpret the question. If you put YES to this question then they will want to see correspondence, bills etc adressed to both of you linking you both with that address. Only visiting wife for short periods is not living with them in a relationship like marriage.
BatleyKhan over to you...

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:30 am

navalaviator ......thanks so much for your advice, i have alreay wrote to my MP but she is busy at the house of commons at the moment so i cant see my query being a priority for her........

I'm going to tell my partner to go to Gerry's in person, just a few questions:

1. Does he tell Gerry's he's been contacted by phone to collect his passport?
2. We applied at Islamabad Gerry's is between 2-5pm the same time for them??

thanks

deemi

Post by deemi » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:32 am

Salaam all

Billo/Q4sim - in my opinion nav is right!!!

This question is asking basically asking if you have lived together as husband and wife rather than if you have joint responsibilities!

I would recomend that you enter the dates you were together after your marriage (day of marriage onwards until you left the country) and include photos etc.

I dont think that you should enter no in this question as the ECO will pick up on this and say how can you be applying for a spouse visa if you havent lived together as husband and wife!!

And i dont think they as for bills linking you to the address etc as they know that at least one of the parties doesnt actually live in the country on a perminant basis!

And CRT7 - totally gutted for you!! All i can suggest is that they send passports out in batches and your partners is just sat there waiting to be sent out!!

Wa salaam
Done waiting!!!!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:22 pm

I interpret this question as proprerly living with someone, having joint commitments, bills etc.

Wrong

If you just stayed with your wife after marriage for a few weeks, then that is not a relationship like a marriage, just a short stay.

Wrong. If you are married and stayed with your wife even for a day or a week you have to say YES

Maybe BatleyKhan can clear this up - but that is how i interpret the question. If you put YES to this question then they will want to see correspondence, bills etc adressed to both of you linking you both with that address.

Wrong: They do not want to see any proof if you are married and stayed with your spouse for a short period. Thye only want this for fiancee's not spouses

Only visiting wife for short periods is not living with them in a relationship like marriage.

Wrong: It is if you are married and living with your spouse for any perod of time it is deemed to be a marital relationship
BatleyKhan over to you...

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:56 pm

CRT7 wrote:navalaviator ......thanks so much for your advice, i have alreay wrote to my MP but she is busy at the house of commons at the moment so i cant see my query being a priority for her........

I'm going to tell my partner to go to Gerry's in person, just a few questions:

thanks
Well just don’t worry about that they don’t ask you normally that you have received the phone call to collect or not and make sure you tell your partner to take the receipt when he visits gerry, they will just look in to their records and would be able to tell him that whether his application is back from the BHC after getting processed or not.
Yes the collection time is for Islamabad VAC

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:03 pm

Salaam all. Sorry for the delayed response Qasim, I realise that you may have already prepared the declaration. As far as everyone else is concerned, here is my Statuary Declaration that I had provided for my wifes visa application - hope it helps folks here.

I, Mr. Zak_K of (my address) do hereby solemnly and sincerely declare:

1) That I was born in the United Kingdom and hold British passport facilities.

2) That I am employed as a (my job title) with (Company name and address)

3) That I hold an account with Lloyds TSB Bank PLC, Cape Hill, Birmingham, West Midlands.

4) That I reside at the residential property known as (my address) which is my permanent home address.

5) That I wish to sponsor (my wifes name) resident of (my wifes address) to come to the United Kingdom for settlement as my wife.

6) That should my above said wife (my wifes name) be allowed to come to the United Kingdom I am willing to and capable of maintaining her accordingly.

7) That I undertake that my abovesaid wife (my wifes name) will not have recourse to United Kingdom public funds under any circumstances.

That I have made the above declaration concientiously believing the same to be true to the best of my knowledge and ability.

I further state that the above statement is made in acordance with the provisions of the statutory declarations act 1835.
This declaration was prepared by my solicitor and attested. I also included a cover letter, and the SU7/01 Sponsorship undertaking form.

Zak.

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:27 pm

Thanks everyone for getting back to me regarding that question.

I am definitely going to tick "YES" and attach photographs of ourselves and plane tickets of when we travelled together.
I cannot say I was living with her as it goes against what actually happened.
My wife left her home and moved in to my house after the final wedding ceremony. Surely there is no problem with my writing something along the lines of..lived at my parents home or family home in Pakistan.?

@Zak_K..Thanks for the declaration. I'll compare that with Batleykhans draft and see if theres anything else I can add.

Getting closer to the day that I send the application off to Pakistan. :)
Anyone know how quick gerrys in Islamabad give appointments these days?

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:33 pm

To: all members who applied in May

Have any of you received calls from the UKBA?

Have your employers been called to verify employment?

In previous pages, UKBA were giving decisions around two weeks after the status changed to "App Under Process at BCH"....it doesnt look like that anymore!!!

Is it worth sending them an email perhaps...Thoughts?

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:29 am

Hey everyone,?
Is my wife applying for a settlement visa or a spouse visa? I just want to make sure i'm using the correct terminology.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:42 am

A spouse visa is a settlement visa.
Not all settlement visas are spouse visas, but all spouse visas are settlement visas.
So, in a nutshell, again, a spouse visa is a settlement visa.
If you call it spouse visa, its ok
If you call it settlement visa, its ok.
If you call it wife's visa, its ok.
If you call it spouse settlement visa, its ok.
If you call it............................................

:shock: :x :twisted: :evil: :!: :idea: :?: :arrow: :?

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:06 am

[quote="mrlookforward"]A spouse visa is a settlement visa.
Not all settlement visas are spouse visas, but all spouse visas are settlement visas.
So, in a nutshell, again, a spouse visa is a settlement visa.
If you call it spouse visa, its ok
If you call it settlement visa, its ok.
If you call it wife's visa, its ok.
If you call it spouse settlement visa, its ok.
If you call it............................................

:shock: :x :twisted: :evil: :!: :idea: :?: :arrow: :?[/quote]

Thats answered that one perfectly, Thank You :)

I have another question..
When writing a covering letter per section, is it ok if the applicant writes it as opposed to the sponsor? A lot of people seem to writing covering letters as the sponsor but surely its the applicants application and this will be more solid if they do it?