ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: FLR (m)

Post by saanju9 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:46 am

nats wrote:Yes Damani, when combined our income togather its more than 18600 before tax. will they consider combine income? Do we also have to show some specific amount funds in account statement? Thanks

Damanisshallo wrote:
nats wrote:Can anyone tell if new rules apply on my wife? My wife entered UK June 2010 as student dependent. I was on Student visa for 10 years and got ILR on 10 year basis. Now I want to apply for her FLR(m) now. What are the maintenace requirements i neeed to show?
She'd come under new rules. Do you and your partner earn more than £18600 together?
They consider the combined salary... not a problem... if you have earnings more than £18600 then you don't need any funds in bank( I mean just have enough funds like more than £500 to £1000, just to let them know that you have enough for survival till next month and don't need to access public funds)... however, saying this, do you have any children who comes under immigration control. then you might need more salary ... look at the other thread, FLR(M) through posts, you will find more answers (I think your already there - I have seen you there)

regards

Saanju

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Ilr waiting time

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:56 am

mmakhan wrote:Applied on 6 sep,biometrics done called HO yesterday as the 6 months time line is gone was told ur application is under process when I called them 2 weeks ago was told ur application is incomplete. I have got appointment at PEO for my wife on 21 of this month as her visa is gonna expire on 25/3/2013 if I won't hear any thing by dat time than I have to cancel her appt and post her application.she is here with me for past 4 years as a teir 1 dependant from what I have read on this forum I understand she is eligible to apply for set m soon after her flrm without waiting for 2 more years on spouse visa.i really can't afford to hire a solicitor.u guys are really very helpful thanks a lot for putting so much afford and valuable time in making immigration board forums.
If everything goes fine and you happen to make it to PEO for your Missus then If you are lucky enough you might get away with FLR(M) (Saving £561) and get SET(M) sanctioned. Anything is possible with UKBA. I've recently witnessed two similar situations with two different results. (Read Khall's Story and compare the same to Punjabis's Story)

Mr Khall had to pay for both FLR(M) & SET(M) where as Punjabis managed to get it done with mere SET(M).

UKBA is very confusing...I think I can rather explain what an offside in football is to my wife than understanding UKBA :?
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: Skydrive is in mess again

Post by saanju9 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:06 pm

Ged wrote:
Damanisshallo wrote:
Ged wrote:Someone destroyed the order of rows in the sky-drive yet again. How difficult can it be to use an excel sheet without destroying it. I wonder if it is time to remove filters from the spread sheet in order to make it harder to destroy?
Hello All,

I've made this spreadsheet much easier to use please have a look and let me know what you think. New Skydrive for 10 Yr Long Residence

1. You need a Skydrive ID (Hotmail/MSN/Existing Email) Click here
2. Click Edit Workbook Menu
3. Select Edit in Excel Web App
4. Just add your details to the bottom of the table
5. Once done Click View and select Reading View.

NB: Do not insert any rows in between. The table gets sorted over night. However, if you are eager to sort the spreadsheet to analyze the data/graph(Scroll to Column O), then once you've added your details to the bottom of the table, sort the sheet Ascending first by "Application Sent Date" (Column B)and then by "Current Status"(Column H)
I think the new format actually looks good when it opens.

However; my browser is giving me an error message when I try to open this spread sheet because it is larger than 5mb. It does not open from the web application, therefore I have to open it from excel. I am not sure if that is really practical on that sense. This must be fixed or we should keep the old format. Let me know if it is my fault that it does not open on my PC.

As a second recommendation I suggest to keep the refused applications within the chronological order rather than keeping them separately at the bottom. Otherwise you will have a growing list of refusals at the bottom of the sheet, which will look rather traumatic for the new comers when they are adding their names to the bottom. Besides they do not clearly indicate how often people get refused when they are separated from the successful applications.

Thanks Damanisshallo for his good work of designing this spread sheet regardless.

Actually the previous one never use to work in chrome in my office laptop...(it use to work in my personal laptop - chrome)...

The new is working in the office latop.. although I have to check it on my personal laptop

Few points Damini...

1. there use to be a red shade for people who passed 6 months and still waiting

2. a thick green line between completed and pending application is missing... it use to differentiate these two sects...but the other side of the argument is it looks prettier now...Need more suggestions on this

3. I don't know Ged... I would like to see the refused applications together...just to see why they were rejected.. so its good if i have them at the bottom or somewhere together...however, I would like to see what others think as well...

mmakhan

Post by mmakhan » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:18 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
mmakhan wrote:Applied on 6 sep,biometrics done called HO yesterday as the 6 months time line is gone was told ur application is under process when I called them 2 weeks ago was told ur application is incomplete. I have got appointment at PEO for my wife on 21 of this month as her visa is gonna expire on 25/3/2013 if I won't hear any thing by dat time than I have to cancel her appt and post her application.she is here with me for past 4 years as a teir 1 dependant from what I have read on this forum I understand she is eligible to apply for set m soon after her flrm without waiting for 2 more years on spouse visa.i really can't afford to hire a solicitor.u guys are really very helpful thanks a lot for putting so much afford and valuable time in making immigration board forums.
If everything goes fine and you happen to make it to PEO for your Missus then If you are lucky enough you might get away with FLR(M) (Saving £561) and get SET(M) sanctioned. Anything is possible with UKBA. I've recently witnessed two similar situations with two different results. (Read Khall's Story and compare the same to Punjabis's Story)

Mr Khall had to pay for both FLR(M) & SET(M) where as Punjabis managed to get it done with mere SET(M).

UKBA is very confusing...I think I can rather explain what an offside in football is to my wife than understanding UKBA :?
Lets see I will keep updating and will prepare myself for set m as well can someone post the checklist for supporting docs of set m

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Skydrive is in mess again

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:27 pm

saanju9 wrote:Actually the previous one never use to work in chrome in my office laptop...(it use to work in my personal laptop - chrome)...

The new is working in the office latop.. although I have to check it on my personal laptop

Few points Damini...

1. there use to be a red shade for people who passed 6 months and still waiting

They are in the order of application dates...I think Total waiting time should serve this purpose.

2. a thick green line between completed and pending application is missing... it use to differentiate these two sects...but the other side of the argument is it looks prettier now...Need more suggestions on this

Anything that is completed changes the status field to green, outstanding to amber & refused to red. Previous version was a spread sheet whereas this is a table in spread sheet. Donno if it is good to have a blank row in between

3. I would like to see the refused applications together...just to see why they were rejected..

Since rejected applications status turn to Red and also I've added a hyperlink to their names, you can always click their name to see the reason behind refusal.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Mel-Mex
Newly Registered

Post by Mel-Mex » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:39 pm

Hi guys!
Just wanted to share the news... I got my ILR today!

Application type: 10 years long residence
Application made on: 05-09-2012
Fees paid by: Cheque
Acknowledgement letter received: 10-09-2013 (dated 07-09-2012)
Biometric letter received: 12-11-2012 (dated 11-11-2012)
Biometric done on: 15-11-2012
Passport and other documents: 08-03-13
BRP: waiting

eventhoug it's foggy..it seems as if the sky is blue again!!

KEEP STRONG guys... your IRL will be with you soon!!

SUKU
Newly Registered

Post by SUKU » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:46 pm

@aksi , thanks for the information. i don't let the HO keep my passport again for long time. wait was too long already. thanks

@Hyper-PK, yes.they send the docs in the special delivery envelops that i attached.

k_alibaba

Post by k_alibaba » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:22 pm

Mel-Mex wrote:Hi guys!
Just wanted to share the news... I got my ILR today!

Application type: 10 years long residence
Application made on: 05-09-2012
Fees paid by: Cheque
Acknowledgement letter received: 10-09-2013 (dated 07-09-2012)
Biometric letter received: 12-11-2012 (dated 11-11-2012)
Biometric done on: 15-11-2012
Passport and other documents: 08-03-13
BRP: waiting

eventhoug it's foggy..it seems as if the sky is blue again!!

KEEP STRONG guys... your IRL will be with you soon!!
-----
congrats mate .. so it means we are not that far to receive our ILR
i applied on 3/9/12 and done my biomatrics on 5/11/12.

SUKU
Newly Registered

Post by SUKU » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:54 pm

Received BRP just now..

mkhan991
Newly Registered

Post by mkhan991 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:03 pm

SUKU wrote:Received BRP just now..
Congratulations....looks like august and sep applicats are getting decisions now..hope all aug and sep will be done by end of this month

k_alibaba

Post by k_alibaba » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:15 pm

SUKU wrote:Received BRP just now..
Congrats.. n good luck for future..

cheekyvirgin

Post by cheekyvirgin » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:53 pm

WTF STILL WAITING FOR THE DECISION APPLIED ON 10TH JULY 2012 AND EVEN MY CASE WAS STRAIGHT FORWARD

PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

ILR under process family going to apply on FLR O form

Post by amjadleeds » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:07 pm

Hi everyone

My application for ILR on basis of 10 year rule under process, my solicitor told me fill application form to extend your family visa by FLR O form. I was thinking FLR M.

My family in the UK for last 8 year and 2 month , two my kids born here and my son is in school last 8 year and daughter four years. Is it right to apply on FLR O form.

Your advice in this regard, will be highly appreciate.

Regards
amjad

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:15 pm

nats wrote:Yes Damani, when combined our income togather its more than 18600 before tax. will they consider combine income? Do we also have to show some specific amount funds in account statement? Thanks

Damanisshallo wrote:
nats wrote:Can anyone tell if new rules apply on my wife? My wife entered UK June 2010 as student dependent. I was on Student visa for 10 years and got ILR on 10 year basis. Now I want to apply for her FLR(m) now. What are the maintenace requirements i neeed to show?
She'd come under new rules. Do you and your partner earn more than £18600 together?
Correction!!!!!! I believe your wife has recently been refused and I presume she's out of valid leave as of now. If this is the case then apart from my previous suggestion, she might need to apply from her home country if I am not mistaken. As any out of date applications over 28 days may lead to refusal. So it's your choice whether to go through DL Route or a fresh spouse visa? DL Route would take 6 yrs to lead to ILR & FLR(M) would take 5 Yrs. See if your wife's refusal has been within 28 days.

Changes to applications from overstayers wrote:If you have limited leave to remain you must ensure you apply to extend your leave, if needed, in time. If you wish to remain in the UK after the 28 day period you should leave the UK and reapply for a visa.
Changes to applications from overstayers from 1 October 2012 wrote:In June 2012 we announced that from 1 October 2012 applications for further leave will be refused if you have overstayed your leave by more than 28 days at the point you made your application. The new rules already apply to applications made under the family migration route and, from 1 October 2012, will apply to applications under the remaining routes which were made on or after 9 July 2012
Skydrives, Templates

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: ILR under process family going to apply on FLR O form

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:22 pm

amjadleeds wrote:My application for ILR on basis of 10 year rule under process, my solicitor told me fill application form to extend your family visa by FLR O form. I was thinking FLR M.
FLR(M) --> Partner of a person present and settled in the UK

FLR(O) --> Dependant of a person who has limited leave to enter or remain in the UK other than under the points based system
Skydrives, Templates

andie_83

Post by andie_83 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:25 pm

I totally agree with the comment below.

I am glad for everyone who is getting their passports back, I trully am.
What upsets me is that it is not fair the system is not dealing with applications as it should be: in order.

I applied 22nd of July and a sraight forward application with no gaps and 2 months out of the country in 10 years...it doesn't get any easier than that for them.
cheekyvirgin wrote:WTF STILL WAITING FOR THE DECISION APPLIED ON 10TH JULY 2012 AND EVEN MY CASE WAS STRAIGHT FORWARD

PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:56 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
amjadleeds wrote:My application for ILR on basis of 10 year rule under process, my solicitor told me fill application form to extend your family visa by FLR O form. I was thinking FLR M.
FLR(M) --> Partner of a person present and settled in the UK

FLR(O) --> Dependant of a person who has limited leave to enter or remain in the UK other than under the points based system
Hi Damanisshallo

Is it ok to apply under FLR O , my solicitor quite big firm, they told me fill this form and send us back. As per forum discussion everyone applied under FLR M form. I am on Tier1 general visa and they are my dependent, they are in this country last 8 years plus.
FLR O form is ok or no,

Your reply again will be highly appreciate.
regards
Amjad

nats

Post by nats » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:01 pm

Hi Damani, Yes she was inlcuded on my form SEt(O) as dependent which was not right i guess. thats y refused. But in refusal letter they said 'under this decision u r not required to leave uk. as u have valid leave and thats y we dont give u right of appeal'
its totally confusing. my lawyer is not giving a clear answer that we should apply FLRm or Discretion. I guess FLR m would be good choice.
Damanisshallo wrote:

Damanisshallo wrote:
Correction!!!!!! I believe your wife has recently been refused and I presume she's out of valid leave as of now. If this is the case then apart from my previous suggestion, she might need to apply from her home country if I am not mistaken. As any out of date applications over 28 days may lead to refusal. So it's your choice whether to go through DL Route or a fresh spouse visa? DL Route would take 6 yrs to lead to ILR & FLR(M) would take 5 Yrs. See if your wife's refusal has been within 28 days.

Changes to applications from overstayers wrote:If you have limited leave to remain you must ensure you apply to extend your leave, if needed, in time. If you wish to remain in the UK after the 28 day period you should leave the UK and reapply for a visa.
Changes to applications from overstayers from 1 October 2012 wrote:In June 2012 we announced that from 1 October 2012 applications for further leave will be refused if you have overstayed your leave by more than 28 days at the point you made your application. The new rules already apply to applications made under the family migration route and, from 1 October 2012, will apply to applications under the remaining routes which were made on or after 9 July 2012

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:16 pm

nats wrote:Hi Damani, Yes she was inlcuded on my form SEt(O) as dependent which was not right i guess. thats y refused. But in refusal letter they said 'under this decision u r not required to leave uk. as u have valid leave and thats y we dont give u right of appeal'
its totally confusing. my lawyer is not giving a clear answer that we should apply FLRm or Discretion. I guess FLR m would be good choice.
Damanisshallo wrote:

Damanisshallo wrote:

Hi my solicitor insisting it is absolutely right to apply on FLR O , even continues i am discussing FLR M is right form. Please advice me ,

nats

Post by nats » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:01 pm

just came across this on UKBA website. This might help u if FLRm is correct form? http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... you-apply/

"Can you Apply:
This section is for those who applied for, or are applying for, leave to enter or leave to remain as a partner of a British citizen or a person who is settled here.

You cannot apply in a partner category if you:
are the spouse or partner of a person who is settled in the UK or has British citizenship if their most recent permission to stay was under tiers 1, 2, or 5 of the points-based system
; and
you do not qualify for settlement yet.
"
amjadleeds wrote:
nats wrote:Hi Damani, Yes she was inlcuded on my form SEt(O) as dependent which was not right i guess. thats y refused. But in refusal letter they said 'under this decision u r not required to leave uk. as u have valid leave and thats y we dont give u right of appeal'
Damanisshallo wrote:

Hi my solicitor insisting it is absolutely right to apply on FLR O , even continues i am discussing FLR M is right form. Please advice me ,

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:24 pm

amjadleeds wrote:FLR O form is ok or no,
If for some reason you believe that your 10 yrs LR application could be refused then I think you can proceed with FLR(O) otherwise use FLR(M).

Why not ask your solicitor the reason behind choosing FLR (O). Well I am assuming that since you aren't settled yet and there is no other application which would serve your purpose he might've opted this form. However, don't tip him before he gives you a reason he thought.

I should think 'extension' FLR(O) is a straightforward application provided that you were not into any criminal activity or 'public disorder' in the first 3 years.

My personal suggestion is that make a FLR (M) application and await you ILR decision. If every thing goes fine then continue otherwise you might apply for your tier1 extension and further vary your wife's application.

Below are the scenarios for both these applications.

Form FLR(M)
For an extension of stay in the United Kingdom as the spouse(husband or wife) or unmarried partnerof a person present and settled in the UK.

Form FLR (O)
For an extension of stay in the UK if you are applying in any of the following categories:

Visitor, Visitor undergoing private medical treatment
Postgraduate doctor or dentist or a trainee general practitioner
Au Pair
Teacher or language assistant under an approved exchange scheme
Representative of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation
Private servant in a diplomatic household
Domestic worker in a private household
Overseas government employee
Minister of religion, missionary or member of a religious order
Visiting religious worker or a religious worker in a non-patoral role
Member of the ground staff of an overseas-owned airline
Person with United Kingdom ancestry
Writer, composer or artist
Overseas qualified nurse or midwife Dependant of member of HM Forces who is exempt from immigration control
Other purposes/reasons not covered by other application forms
Last edited by Damanisshallo on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skydrives, Templates

A.Jadoon

gap?

Post by A.Jadoon » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:26 pm

Hello everyone,

If a person puts an application to ukba regardless of any type and its been refused with no right of appeal and homeoffice gives a person 28 days to leave the country. Now he submits another application within 28 days timeframe and this time ukba issues him with a visa. Now my question is that Has he overstayed his visa upon refusal when ukba gave 28 days to leave but he reapplied with correct documents and was granted a visa. (Is there any gap in his continuous stay?)

A kind reply would be appreciated.

jai_aus

Missing old biometric card

Post by jai_aus » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:52 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have recently receives my ILR on long term basis.

I checked my documents and found that ukba did not send me my old biometrics card.

Is this normal do ukba keep the expired bio metric cards.

Regards,
Jai

mkhan991
Newly Registered

Re: Missing old biometric card

Post by mkhan991 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:03 pm

jai_aus wrote:Hi Everyone,

I have recently receives my ILR on long term basis.

I checked my documents and found that ukba did not send me my old biometrics card.

Is this normal do ukba keep the expired bio metric cards.

Regards,
Jai
Yes it is normal....every time a new vissa is issued, you get a new
Biometric card and they keep the old one

Punjabis

Post by Punjabis » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:45 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:

I agree with you damanshallo. This UKBA really don't know what they are doing. Offside is nothing to understand about compare to UKBA

I will advise to everyone it's just like "if you don't ask you don't get".