ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:10 pm

thanks one day and for sure one day I will congratulate you
peace on you

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:22 pm

thanks you

crown

Post by crown » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:49 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:Guys just to update you,
I just got my Passport yesterday, so I'm so happy.
the journey with the INIS reached its last station.
thanks to everyone who helped me or give me an advise.
I'll be always here to help others.
still my wife waitting for the garda report since May, I'm going to send copy of my passport and CON as been advised by the great Nannete.
also waitting for my son's application as I applied for him a week ago.
wishing the best for everyone.
Irish Pharoe
Glad to know everyone has moved forward
Crown

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:06 pm

crown wrote:
IRISH PHAROE wrote:Guys just to update you,
the journey with the INIS reached its last station.
thanks to everyone who helped me or give me an advise.
I'll be always here to help others.
still my wife waitting for the garda report since May, I'm going to send copy of my passport and CON as been advised by the great Nannete.
also waitting for my son's application as I applied for him a week ago.
wishing the best for everyone.
Irish Pharoe
Glad to know everyone has moved forward
Crown
hi crown long time not hearing from you.
for sure you have been in a long trip with your passport.
hopefuly everything is ok.
many of the seniors of the forum are not here lately like nanette,aceform,9j
good luck to you with your new passport
peace on you

Pao
Newly Registered

Naturalisation waiting

Post by Pao » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:27 pm

:) Hi guys !
I just read all the posts as I am new and on the same boat.
My History is as follows
Applied for naturalisation in may 2009
Got my reference number same month and the waiting started
Since that time sent a letter of change address-got reply that is updated my file
Got irish born child march 2011 - -got reply that is updated my file
Last few months sent few letters for an update of my status - never received reply- complete silence.
Cannot reach the office by phone at all=always busy or was kicking me out
I am bothering that something is not right.
Already 28 months are gone and nothing
This situation is crazy
No one contacted me to send anything at all to the office :(
I am EU member currently 9 years in Ireland
How long this torture will continue no one knows
Any Ideas?

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:23 am

Any more people fro May to August-2009 applicants?? ANy idea when these applications will move forward? Seems that these applications are in a "waiting for external reports" state for quite some time now.
In the meantime applicants from 2010 and 2011 have already got their citizenship!!!

tullamore
BANNED

Post by tullamore » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:53 am

My locksmith is an Albanian-national who applied in Feb. 2011- he went to Rathmines today for ceremony.......he said because he's self-employed he only waited approx. 7 months.....crazy isn't it !! Meanwhile 2009-applicants are kept waiting- IT REALLY IS A LOTTERY !! :(

guessaname
Newly Registered

Post by guessaname » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:19 pm

Hi all,

the last member of my family is going to get citizenship today in cathal brugha barracks rathmines. applied on jan 19 2009, appl. waited for outside agencies from dec 2010-march 2011, docs requested in march 2011, approval in june 2011 and finally the cermony is today.

we really thank each and every member of this forum for providing us the information and moral support by sharing all the experiences, sorrows and happiness.

we are sure that all the members of this forum will become Irish citizens some day..its just a matter of time.

We wish you all a very very best of luck.

I will be visiting this forum every now and then to share your happiness.

Goodluck mates. Bye.

jambalap

Post by jambalap » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:57 pm

guessaname wrote:Hi all,

the last member of my family is going to get citizenship today in cathal brugha barracks rathmines. applied on jan 19 2009, appl. waited for outside agencies from dec 2010-march 2011, docs requested in march 2011, approval in june 2011 and finally the cermony is today.
Can you please update how many people have received the Naturalisation certificate in today's ceremony It will give insight on to how many applications they have processed

patiently waiting
Newly Registered

Post by patiently waiting » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:57 pm

strongbow wrote:Any more people fro May to August-2009 applicants?? ANy idea when these applications will move forward? Seems that these applications are in a "waiting for external reports" state for quite some time now.
In the meantime applicants from 2010 and 2011 have already got their citizenship!!!
I am one of them, applied July 2009, no news yet. Should change my login to 'tired waiting'

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:36 am

my friend was in ceromany yesterday.there was approx 200 people in morning than approx 250 in the afternoon.let see how many people are invited today.when will be next ceromany ?

beady eye

Post by beady eye » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:18 am

i know guy attend cermony thursdy in rathmines he say girl who giving CON in the cremony say somethin around 2100 ppl in total invited in the two days. non stop sessions :shock: .

guessaname
Newly Registered

Post by guessaname » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:03 pm

guys,
I have attended 3:15pm cermony yestrday. There were around 200 people (including guests there were about 250+) who got the CONs. They checked the invitation and gave the CONs immediately after signing the decalration. Later we were brought into a hall where the oath was taken in front of retired judge and then some refreshments were given.

There I met a guy from Mauritius who applied in May 2010 on basis of 5 year permit and got the CON yesterday. its all luck guys.. theres no proper chronological order or something.

One day

Post by One day » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:18 pm

Oh man he got it in one year im waiting 3 years now since applied
everytime i ring awaiting outside agency when will that report arrive , when will the suffering end 9 years working

i think it depends where ur from also cause all from middle east are getting delayed thats my understanding a friend of was told by the INIS that they garda reports takes longer for middle east applicants

only god knows where and what they r doing with each application !!!

jambalap

Post by jambalap » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:26 pm

beady eye wrote:i know guy attend cermony thursdy in rathmines he say girl who giving CON in the cremony say somethin around 2100 ppl in total invited in the two days.
That's a lot of approvals in 2 months from last ceremony in July end .Hope the trend continues. Are the ceremonies conducted monthly or 2 months any one have idea?

drsieglinde
Newly Registered

Citizenship under Stamp 3 advice

Post by drsieglinde » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:42 pm

Hi everyone,

I've looked quite extensively on this forum but haven't had much luck finding someone in the same situation as myself. I'm about to apply for Irish Citizenship via naturalisation after residing here 5 years. I'm a US citizen and came over as a voluntary worker (self-funded, privately insured and never claiming social benefits) under a Stamp 3 for the first 3 years. I was then on a Stamp 4 for 2 years due to being in a de facto relationship with an Irish citizen. I never entered employment under that Stamp 4 so have also never paid taxes in Ireland (only in the US) and have never received P21/P60 since all of my funding comes from the USA.

I was put back on a Stamp 3 this year after that relationship ended and am still self-funded.

I suppose I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice on what to include in lieu of employment letters or payslips. In the past I've had official letters from my sponsors and have been able to provide bank statements from my Irish and US accounts to show income coming in.

Also, does anyone know if I should have been/should be paying Irish taxes as well? I've had a hard time getting a straight answer from anyone. I'm very willing to and hope I didn't make a huge error by not doing so but am not even sure how I'd go about it if that's the case.

I'd hope my application will be pretty straight forward but I want to make sure I get as much of it right as possible on the first go.

Any similar situations or advice on any of this?

Thanks to everyone posting with their experiences.

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:41 pm

Guys just to update you,
Sincere congratulations, IRISH PHAROE!

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:11 pm

Hi everyone, I am sorry for not updating on my side. I have just returned (well, two weeks ago) from my summer leave (quite prolonged... thanks to redundancy). I have a lot to catch up on, although reading couple of last pages I can see some old applicants still awaiting for their decisions.. It's sad to see this uncertain, ambiguous situation so many people are still dealing with...
I have attended a citizenship ceremony on Thursday, the 29th of September, therefore my timeline is now:
Applied: September 2008
Additional documents requested: June 2010
Approval: 1st of July'11
Cheque and photos sent: 8th July'11
Phone call received to confirm the date for a ceremony: 23rd September'11
Ceremony attended: 29th September'11

Thank you all for the continuous support.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:39 am

Marisa wrote:Hi everyone, I am sorry for not updating on my side. I have just returned (well, two weeks ago) from my summer leave (quite prolonged... thanks to redundancy). I have a lot to catch up on, although reading couple of last pages I can see some old applicants still awaiting for their decisions.. It's sad to see this uncertain, ambiguous situation so many people are still dealing with...
I have attended a citizenship ceremony on Thursday, the 29th of September, therefore my timeline is now:
Applied: September 2008
Additional documents requested: June 2010
Approval: 1st of July'11
Cheque and photos sent: 8th July'11
Phone call received to confirm the date for a ceremony: 23rd September'11
Ceremony attended: 29th September'11
Thank you all for the continuous support.

Marisa congratulations. long time not to hear from you.
so your next step is to get your passport
It takes around 3 weeks right now
if you need any help regarding the application just knock
peace on you

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:51 am

congrats marisa .is anybody recently check the www.inis.gov.ie new rules for non eu student also.

Malika

Post by Malika » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:21 am

strongbow wrote:Any more people fro May to August-2009 applicants?? ANy idea when these applications will move forward? Seems that these applications are in a "waiting for external reports" state for quite some time now.
Applied in June, 2009........... still waiting. I have almost given up! if and when the brown envelope with harp drops through the letter box, then I might get excited!
'If you compare yourself to others,you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself'............DESIDERATA

modehij
Newly Registered

Post by modehij » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:48 pm

Dear friends,As we are discussing about the timeline for our application one thing more important we can see that only 2009 applicants are waiting in the list.i myself is Jan 2009 application still waiting for the decision. I hope in the coming month with extra staff they will sort it out for us.May god help us all.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:03 pm

Not sure what we should be doing. Looks like the "forgotten others"!!

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:24 pm

modehij wrote:Dear friends,As we are discussing about the timeline for our application one thing more important we can see that only 2009 applicants are waiting in the list.i myself is Jan 2009 application still waiting for the decision. I hope in the coming month with extra staff they will sort it out for us.May god help us all.
Well its not only 2009 applicants, guys from 2010 are also waiting. I applied in May 2010. Almost 1.5 years are gone, and no news as of yet. Whatelse to do except waiting.

One day

Post by One day » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:10 pm

Hi guys

I'm from 2008 and know some from 2007 still waiting , I'm here 9 years and working all my time .so it's not only the 2009 believe me it all depends on who is looking after you case some are fast and follow up and others don't give damn