ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by 1234321 » Thu Aug 08, 2024 6:22 pm

Hi,

I submitted my application for surrendering of Indian passport at VFS Manchester.

The person who was handeling my submission process said that I do not have to do anything else now, or after recieving surrender certificate, but can apply for the OCI card immediately.

From my understanding, I have to apply for a renunciation certificate, however, I've been told I don't have to.

Is this the case for everybody?

Thanks in advance

anonvtic
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by anonvtic » Fri Aug 09, 2024 6:14 pm

1234321 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2024 6:22 pm
Hi,

I submitted my application for surrendering of Indian passport at VFS Manchester.

The person who was handeling my submission process said that I do not have to do anything else now, or after recieving surrender certificate, but can apply for the OCI card immediately.

From my understanding, I have to apply for a renunciation certificate, however, I've been told I don't have to.

Is this the case for everybody?

Thanks in advance
I applied online, visited VFS to submit supporting docs & pay fees and soon obtained my Indian passport surrender certificate by post.

Next, I applied for renunciation, took an appointment at VFS Goswell Road (London). When I reached there, the person at the counter told me that it is no longer necessary to do a renunciation prior to OCI process. He said they made the renunciation step non-mandatory since Monday, August 05, 2024. He asked me to straight apply for OCI.

SunSen
Newly Registered
India

Post by SunSen » Wed Aug 14, 2024 12:29 pm

Applied for minor OCI.

1) passports of minor
2) passport/oci of parents
3) Birth certificate of child
4) Marriage certificate of parents
5) DL for parents
6) As only one parent went so a letter to HCI telling the authorisation from both parents for oci application

1st visit gave all the documents and they took the originals of Birth Certificate(child) and Marriage certifate (parents).
IVAC asked to come back and have self-attestation for all the document copied from both parents.

Now waiting for OCI.

Tipply
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Tipply » Thu Aug 15, 2024 8:02 am

Hi guys,
First post, any help would be appreciated.
We went to Manchester yesterday, my wife applied for OCI on the basis of Indian parents.
I am English, so don't qualify.
She uploaded birth certificate, marriage certificate and passport, also mentioned change of name.
VFS said that she needs to get a certificate Notarized as "she might not be using her married name".
My question is "Does she need to do this, or have we been wrongly informed?"

It doesn't make sense, as she has her passport which obviously shows her married name.

The staff told me that every married woman who applies needs to go through this process, but I've never seen it mentioned anywhere.
Again, any help appreciated.

johndough
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by johndough » Mon Aug 19, 2024 1:43 pm

@Tipply

I am no expert in all this but having applied for OCI for multiple family members at different times what I can say is that (1) if marriage cert is not an Indian marriage cert, it needs to be notarized. (2) Same with birth cert (Apostilled is the word and you can get it done on gov.uk site).

I think this is also written somewhere, you'll find it if do try a few different searches on gov.in website. India is all about extreme amount of paperwork so just roll with the punches and do it.

Mumbaikar85
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mumbaikar85 » Mon Aug 26, 2024 6:07 am

Hi,

I submitted my OCI application on the 20th of June and it shows processed on the 12th of July. I have still not received my OCI card. I checked the DX express tracking number and it says it has been sent back to provider and there is nothing to track further. I have also emailed HCI London but haven’t received any response.

Does anyone have any experience with this and how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

rock_star
India

Post by rock_star » Tue Aug 27, 2024 11:33 am

Hi guys,

Indian passport to be uploaded copy has to be cancelled one? I have passport copy when it was not cancelled, wondering if I can use that?

Cancelled one gets cut in one of the corner of passport.

Thanks