ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:21 pm

@socrates???? Hello....?????
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Wariko
Newly Registered

Post by Wariko » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:55 pm

verbina wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:
nilemarques wrote:Hi guys, hope I find you well this evening!! It's with great sadness but with hope that I inform you that the long awaited package from the HO arrived this morning bearing the news that I wasn't hoping for! I was refused leave and the usual hullabaloo to contact the Enforcement team by 15 September.

I have no intention of contacting them or infact if I do, I intend to tell them to shove it up their whatever so they issue removal directions! Rant over!!! Sorry guys, was about to lose my religion. Got to stay calm!! Haven't seen the letter itself as I'm not at home at the mo but it was read to me over the phone. Will come back on Monday and let you know!
I am so sorry to hear about you refusal Nile, pls do share with us the reasons when you get home. It's good to see you have a fighting spirit

Thanks for all the support !
Wawriko congrats
@nilemarques

Oh Im so sorry to hear this!!! Especially since they asked you to send them additional docs like!!! It really felt you ll be granted in a matter of days!!! This is most unfair hun and I hope your solicitor will say reconsideration letter will be enough!!! Makes me so angry this sh*t they do to parents of kids and a 7 year rule these dayzzz!!! Grrrr!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

@wariko Congrats hun!! Well done!

Rammie20
Newly Registered

Post by Rammie20 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Kukuwife wrote:Rammie20- hello the first question you ask has to do with section 5.4 "Does a relative or friend of you or your partner, or both of you, regularly give you money? (Please note applicants applying on the basis of family life as a parent are not permitted to include third party support.". You are been supported by friends which may be difficult to quantify.

The second question is about receving public fund in section 5.5
What you receive is child credit

The questions are not the same
No I don't but my child's father receives it (in his name and Ni) but my bank details.

Rammie20
Newly Registered

No regular status

Post by Rammie20 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:19 pm

I have just read some where that if you do not have a regular status in Uk, you cannot apply as a parent of a British child but rather...."". the parent does not meet the requirements set out above, they may be able to make a claim under the so-called ‘exception’ contained in the new rules. This exception can apply where the parent has no regular status in the UK. The provision will apply where the parent ‘has a genuine and subsisting parental relationship’ with a child who is under 18, the child is in the UK and is a UK citizen or has lived in the UK continuously for at least seven years'.

Please how true is this?

verbina
Russia

Re: No regular status

Post by verbina » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:38 pm

Rammie20 wrote:I have just read some where that if you do not have a regular status in Uk, you cannot apply as a parent of a British child but rather...."". the parent does not meet the requirements set out above, they may be able to make a claim under the so-called ‘exception’ contained in the new rules. This exception can apply where the parent has no regular status in the UK. The provision will apply where the parent ‘has a genuine and subsisting parental relationship’ with a child who is under 18, the child is in the UK and is a UK citizen or has lived in the UK continuously for at least seven years'.

Please how true is this?
Yes you can apply as a parent without a status, so your rely on EX1 paragraph

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:39 pm

True
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Rammie20
Newly Registered

Post by Rammie20 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:57 pm

[quote="Kukuwife"]True[/quoti
If true Kukuwife then what form should I use and what category should I apply under

Rammie20
Newly Registered

Post by Rammie20 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:00 pm

verbina wrote:
Rammie20 wrote:I have just read some where that if you do not have a regular status in Uk, you cannot apply as a parent of a British child but rather...."". the parent does not meet the requirements set out above, they may be able to make a claim under the so-called ‘exception’ contained in the new rules. This exception can apply where the parent has no regular status in the UK. The provision will apply where the parent ‘has a genuine and subsisting parental relationship’ with a child who is under 18, the child is in the UK and is a UK citizen or has lived in the UK continuously for at least seven years'.

Please how true is this?
Thanks Verbna.Do I still use the Flr(o) form? And tick which one pls

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:09 pm

Rammie20 wrote:
verbina wrote:

Please how true is this?
Thanks Verbna.Do I still use the Flr(o) form? And tick which one pls
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... d/parents/

Im not sure hun, have a look yourself

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:10 pm

Flr o & parent of a British child
Your expectation will manifest very soon

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:19 pm

[quote="verbina"][quote="Believe2013"][quote="nilemarques"]Hi guys, hope I find you well this evening!! It's with great sadness but with hope that I inform you that the long awaited package from the HO arrived this morning bearing the news that I wasn't hoping for! I was refused leave and the usual hullabaloo to contact the Enforcement team by 15 September.

I have no intention of contacting them or infact if I do, I intend to tell them to shove it up their whatever so they issue removal directions! Rant over!!! Sorry guys, was about to lose my religion. Got to stay calm!! Haven't seen the letter itself as I'm not at home at the mo but it was read to me over the phone. Will come back on Monday and let you know![/quote]

I am so sorry to hear about you refusal Nile, pls do share with us the reasons when you get home. It's good to see you have a fighting spirit

Wawriko congrats[/quote]

@nilemarques

Oh Im so sorry to hear this!!! Especially since they asked you to send them additional docs like!!! It really felt you ll be granted in a matter of days!!! This is most unfair hun and I hope your solicitor will say reconsideration letter will be enough!!! Makes me so angry this sh*t they do to parents of kids and a 7 year rule these dayzzz!!! Grrrr!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

@wariko Congrats hun!! Well done![/quote]

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:25 pm

[quote="verbina"][quote="Believe2013"][quote="nilemarques"]Hi guys, hope I find you well this evening!! It's with great sadness but with hope that I inform you that the long awaited package from the HO arrived this morning bearing the news that I wasn't hoping for! I was refused leave and the usual hullabaloo to contact the Enforcement team by 15 September.

I have no intention of contacting them or infact if I do, I intend to tell them to shove it up their whatever so they issue removal directions! Rant over!!! Sorry guys, was about to lose my religion. Got to stay calm!! Haven't seen the letter itself as I'm not at home at the mo but it was read to me over the phone. Will come back on Monday and let you know![/quote]

Wawriko congrats[/quote]

@nilemarques

@wariko Congrats hun!! Well done![/quote]

@ Verbina , thanks! The decision making is truly outrageous but the fighting spirit is still there! Just one question. This reconsideration letter, has anyone written it and succeeded? Hope there is someone on the forum who can share!

Rammie20
Newly Registered

Post by Rammie20 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:51 pm

Kukuwife wrote:Flr o & parent of a British child
Thanks a lot

Godsintervention
Newly Registered

http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=103135&star

Post by Godsintervention » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:32 pm

[quote="astro123"]Good evening good people of this forum. I just want to share this good news with you all. I received a phone call from my solicitor that I have been granted 30 months. I just cant believe it , if you remember I was refused in july and upon advice from someone on this forum I put in a new application on 31st july. Infact I have to insist before my solicitor would put in new application, because she wanted to go the JR way. Anyway thank all of you in this forum for your immeasurable contribution and encouragement. God will provide everybody with their heart desire.[/quote]

Hi Everyone, congrats to all granted, those waiting your good news is on the way always stay connected with your Creator, only Him alone will never fails and to those who are refused the Aluta continues.....,
Pls, listen everyone, I need an advise on this situation.
Applied on FLR(O) last September 2012 based on 7 years rule with my two kids ages 8 and 2 then, I came to this country in November 2005 with a year old child. my app was refused on 6/9/2013, HO said my child has not completed the required 7 years in this country as at the time of my application, asked to go to Enforcement whatever on 18th Sept, my main question is can I reapply instead?

Shondra Sharma

Re: http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=103135&

Post by Shondra Sharma » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:27 pm

Godsintervention wrote:
astro123 wrote:Good evening good people of this forum. I just want to share this good news with you all. I received a phone call from my solicitor that I have been granted 30 months. I just cant believe it , if you remember I was refused in july and upon advice from someone on this forum I put in a new application on 31st july. Infact I have to insist before my solicitor would put in new application, because she wanted to go the JR way. Anyway thank all of you in this forum for your immeasurable contribution and encouragement. God will provide everybody with their heart desire.
Hi Everyone, congrats to all granted, those waiting your good news is on the way always stay connected with your Creator, only Him alone will never fails and to those who are refused the Aluta continues.....,
Applied on FLR(O) last September 2012 based on 7 years rule with my two kids ages 8 and 2 then, I came to this country in November 2005 with a year old child. my app was refused on 6/9/2013, HO said my child has not completed the required 7 years in this country as at the time of my application, asked to go to Enforcement whatever on 18th Sept, my main question is can I reapply instead?
Sorry to hear your refusal, even people applied whose child lived in uk 7 or more years at the time of application is refused, they refused everybody, for you if they say that in the time of application your child wasn't 7 year, then might be you can reapply, if you have a solicitor, take a advice from him. God bless.

Sarah06

Good evening family

Post by Sarah06 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:39 pm

Halo all; congrats to those who got their visas, enjoy your freedoms. September good news coming to our homes in Jesus name.
To those that got refused, victory is certain, keep fighting, God will make a wayin Jesus name with a BIG AMEN. Delay is not denial.

@ Vertbina, Believe and Yummymumy thanks for your priceless contribution.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:50 pm

goodd evening guyz, i hope you are all doin gr8? i pray tommorrow bring forth good news.... until then i leave you in the care of the almighty God.... good nite and sweet dreamzzzzz :D

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:07 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:goodd evening guyz, i hope you are all doin gr8? i pray tommorrow bring forth good news.... until then i leave you in the care of the almighty God.... good nite and sweet dreamzzzzz :D
@ yummymummy3j thank you for your prayers!! Goodnight!! I know we re now in good hands and The Almighty will hear your prayers! So im gonna sign off for now and hope I dont have any weird dreams tonight!!!!!

@sarah06 shout outs to you girl!!

Call me dude
Nigeria

Post by Call me dude » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:24 am

Godsintervention wrote:
astro123 wrote:Good evening good people of this forum. I just want to share this good news with you all. I received a phone call from my solicitor that I have been granted 30 months. I just cant believe it , if you remember I was refused in july and upon advice from someone on this forum I put in a new application on 31st july. Infact I have to insist before my solicitor would put in new application, because she wanted to go the JR way. Anyway thank all of you in this forum for your immeasurable contribution and encouragement. God will provide everybody with their heart desire.

Sorry about your refusal and welcome to the forum.i think this people are using every cunning way they can to refuse people.they are trying to make money out of us(illegal/overstayers).it realy disappointing.if they know they can't stick to their rules,why make it.why not refund everybody they refuse?this people are just wicked and full of dearly beloved case workers.what do we expect from people displaying banners that immigrants should go home!Do we actually think they will change their mind when attending to our application?i don't think so.the lord is our strength and I still believe God can still help us touch the heart of the bad case workers!
It is well

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:37 am

Godsintervention wrote:
@Godsintervention

welcome to the forum darling! Sorry to hear you about your refusal, but if your child hasnt completed 7 years in the country at the time of the application, then I guess one cant argue that the decision was unfair...

I would also like to know if its ok to make a new application for those with 'no right of appeal' .... All I know @astro123 and others had had good results with new applications..

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:37 am

Call me dude wrote:
Godsintervention wrote:

Sorry about your refusal and welcome to the forum.i think this people are using every cunning way they can to refuse people.they are trying to make money out of us(illegal/overstayers).it realy disappointing.if they know they can't stick to their rules,why make it.why not refund everybody they refuse?this people are just wicked and full of dearly beloved case workers.what do we expect from people displaying banners that immigrants should go home!Do we actually think they will change their mind when attending to our application?i don't think so.the lord is our strength and I still believe God can still help us touch the heart of the bad case workers!
@Astro123, Don't be discouraged. I will suggest you apply afresh and try to follow the guide of documentations i have listed on page 284 of this discussion thread.
Though the 7 year rule was announced on the 29th July 2012, the implementation did not take effect until 1st October 2012 and those who applied between this window using this route are atimes refused due to this small technicality. It is well!
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:44 am

nilemarques wrote:
verbina wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:
nilemarques wrote:Hi guys, hope I find you well this evening!! It's with great sadness but with hope that I inform you that the long awaited package from the HO arrived this morning bearing the news that I wasn't hoping for! I was refused leave and the usual hullabaloo to contact the Enforcement team by 15 September.

I have no intention of contacting them or infact if I do, I intend to tell them to shove it up their whatever so they issue removal directions! Rant over!!! Sorry guys, was about to lose my religion. Got to stay calm!! Haven't seen the letter itself as I'm not at home at the mo but it was read to me over the phone. Will come back on Monday and let you know!

Wawriko congrats
@nilemarques

@ Verbina , thanks! The decision making is truly outrageous but the fighting spirit is still there! Just one question. This reconsideration letter, has anyone written it and succeeded? Hope there is someone on the forum who can share!
@nilesmarques Honey I hope there is somebody on here who can shed some light on reconsideration letter mystery, but here's a quote from the comments section on Free Movement blog ( its by that Victoria Sharkey bird of MediVisas):

I haven’t had to yet go to JR, as I have found that a well worded request for reconsideration usually does the trick. I think that the main problem is that, in the first instance, a caseworker sees that the applicant has no leave and automatically refuses, but on a reconsideration request the application goes to someone with some sense who knows that the applicant is a shoe-in on Chikwamba and that they just cannot win in the end.

With the case I wrote about in the Guardian, it turned out that the caseworker had gone on maternity leave without handing the case over. A contunous fax campaign, which screwed up the Old Street machine, got the file on the desk of a senior manager who granted my client leave within a week of seeing the file.

Another case I handled recently resulted in a refusal *with* removal directions, again due to (I think) my being as annoying as possible and clogging up a fax machine. The appeal was then won.

Moral of the story – don’t always jump to JR, and don’t give up after the first refusal. Do all you can to get as much evidence as possible in the hands of a senior caseworker.

http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2011/02/ ... or-appeal/

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:57 am

verbina wrote:
nilemarques wrote:
verbina wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:

Wawriko congrats
@nilemarques

@nilesmarques Honey I hope there is somebody on here who can shed some light on reconsideration letter mystery, but here's a quote from the comments section on Free Movement blog ( its by that Victoria Sharkey bird of MediVisas):

I haven’t had to yet go to JR, as I have found that a well worded request for reconsideration usually does the trick. I think that the main problem is that, in the first instance, a caseworker sees that the applicant has no leave and automatically refuses, but on a reconsideration request the application goes to someone with some sense who knows that the applicant is a shoe-in on Chikwamba and that they just cannot win in the end.

With the case I wrote about in the Guardian, it turned out that the caseworker had gone on maternity leave without handing the case over. A contunous fax campaign, which screwed up the Old Street machine, got the file on the desk of a senior manager who granted my client leave within a week of seeing the file.

Another case I handled recently resulted in a refusal *with* removal directions, again due to (I think) my being as annoying as possible and clogging up a fax machine. The appeal was then won.

Moral of the story – don’t always jump to JR, and don’t give up after the first refusal. Do all you can to get as much evidence as possible in the hands of a senior caseworker.

http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2011/02/ ... or-appeal/
@Niles...am sorry for the refusal but as a lot of people have already advised...fight it and am sure you will be granted. I am in the same boat..applying on the seven year rule and married...am just trusting God but prepared to fight if things don't work out.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:20 am

Good morning all,

@Godsintervention sorry about the refusal. I hope your lawyers can steer you in the right direction.

I think the biggest draw back on a reconsideration letter is that it's more informal and the HO have no legal obligation to respond to it. therefore likely not to receive the due care and attention it deserves. Why not play hard ball a bit and incorporate your reconsideration letter into your PAP because they are legally required to respond within the time frame of 14 days plus it's an official court document. Essentially a strongly worded PAP threatens or paves way for litigation and recon letter doesn't . Should they fail to respond to your PAP or not bother you escalate to stage two, application for permission for the JR proceedings. Reconsideration letter doesn't limit the HO in terms of responding, so you could wait 6 months or more and realise that the response is never going to materialise. Then you are back to square one, applying for JR and your first stage is doing a PAP having lost so much time already. Why not kill two birds with one stone? just a thought!

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:44 am

Good morning everyone....i pray for good news for you all today...am at work but keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you all......
@ verbina hope u had a gd nite????xxxx