ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Application - My Findings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gsurendra

Post by gsurendra » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:10 am

Hi Antony,

Thanks for your reply!
One more query -
My kid's birth certificate is in Hindi. Can you let me know the procedure to get a Translation, Notarization, certified list of Translators, Notary Public etc?

antony

Post by antony » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:07 pm

gsurendra wrote:Hi Antony,

Thanks for your reply!
One more query -
My kid's birth certificate is in Hindi. Can you let me know the procedure to get a Translation, Notarization, certified list of Translators, Notary Public etc?
Its better to get translated from a certified Translator. Check with the BHC in India and then take it forward.

All the best!

hemal_p

Visa Secured

Post by hemal_p » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:14 pm

Hi All,

I would like to thank everyone who have helped me with my queries. I would like to inform that I've secured my HSMP visa for 2 years starting 15/8/07.

It took 10 working days and had applied in Mumbai.

Integra Verification was done on 5th day with my Co. and the HR employee engagement was made aware by me that she will get a call from BHC.

I had sent all documents mentioned in this forum and had got my asset verfication done by CA.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to email me.

Regards,

HP

antony

Post by antony » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:22 pm

Hemal,

Thats a fantastic news.

Welcome to the uk !

girish

Docs required for stage 2

Post by girish » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:35 pm

Hi friends
i got my stage 1 approval letter.

Can you please tell me the docs required to be submitted for stage 2 ? i am currently in UK on Work Permit since 6 months....

Thanks in advance.
cheers
girish

apeterso925

Re: Docs required for stage 2

Post by apeterso925 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:40 pm

girish wrote:Hi friends
i got my stage 1 approval letter.

Can you please tell me the docs required to be submitted for stage 2 ? i am currently in UK on Work Permit since 6 months....

Thanks in advance.
cheers
girish
Girish,

Please hunt around on this forum using the search function...there are countless discussions on this very topic. The documentation and process you will need to follow will be specific to your situation, but I'm sure you'll find a wealth of information by spending a little time reading previous discussions.
Amy

girish

Post by girish » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:53 pm

Thanks for the suggestion....
i found numerous link and i am a bit confused by the replies at it.....few states that it is not required to send the original docs and few ppl say it is required to send all the docs tht were sent in stage 1 :( ..would be great if you could tell me the list of the docs required for stage 2, please

thanks in advance

apeterso925

Post by apeterso925 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:05 pm

girish wrote:Thanks for the suggestion....
i found numerous link and i am a bit confused by the replies at it.....few states that it is not required to send the original docs and few ppl say it is required to send all the docs tht were sent in stage 1 :( ..would be great if you could tell me the list of the docs required for stage 2, please

thanks in advance
Right, as I said earlier, what's required is somewhat dependent on your current location and your personal circumstances.

If you tell us where you are currently located, whether you are bringing dependents, etc, we can better help you.

Perhaps in the meantime, you can search for previous posts from others in your country, as they'll be the most relevant.
Amy

girish

Post by girish » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:15 pm

Thanks for the reply Amy

currently i am in UK since january as WP Holder.
i would NOT be bringing any dependents with me.

Please let me know if you are looking for any more information to be provided from my side. can you tell me the docs for stage 2 ?

antony

Post by antony » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:27 pm

Hi girish,

The stage 2 comprises of all the documents that you provided for the HSMP approval.

Apart from that you may need to give the following ones :
1) Latest bank statements for 6 months
2) Latest pay slips for 6 months
3) Accomodation letter for your stay in the uk. (if you have accomodation in uk then you can mention that / else get a letter from your friend stating that he can accomodate you in the uk.) Also include the tenancy agreement , friends passport personal page copy, visa copy etc...
4) You must show sufficient funds in your bank account. (Make a note that EC application should be filed from the home country only).
5) If you have spouse / kid, then mention in the VAF1 application section : Other Information : I will bring my spouse and kid after 3 months or so. (This is required for ppl who are planning to get their family here in the uk as dependants of HSMP visa).
6) Add a HSMP Proforma document along the EC application
7) Take a medical x-ray if you have done (Or wait for the intimation from the BHC officer for undergoing the x-ray checkup. This is required at the time of landing in the UK - port of entry)

Thats all i can remember.

Experts add points if you have ...

girish

Post by girish » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:36 pm

1) Latest bank statements for 6 months - ok

2) Latest pay slips for 6 months - ok

3) Accomodation letter for your stay in the uk. (if you have accomodation in uk then you can mention that / else get a letter from your friend stating that he can accomodate you in the uk.) Also include the tenancy agreement , friends passport personal page copy, visa copy etc...

i am staying with my relatives,so do i need to provide a letter from them ??

4) You must show sufficient funds in your bank account. (Make a note that EC application should be filed from the home country only).

I am currently in UK...So cant i do my EC from here itself ??

5) If you have spouse / kid, then mention in the VAF1 application section : Other Information : I will bring my spouse and kid after 3 months or so. (This is required for ppl who are planning to get their family here in the uk as dependants of HSMP visa).
7) Take a medical x-ray if you have done (Or wait for the intimation from the BHC officer for undergoing the x-ray checkup. This is required at the time of landing in the UK - port of entry)

antony

Post by antony » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:01 pm

girish wrote:1) Latest bank statements for 6 months - ok

2) Latest pay slips for 6 months - ok

i am staying with my relatives,so do i need to provide a letter from them ??

I am currently in UK...So cant i do my EC from here itself ??

Yes, You need to get a letter from your relatives stating that they can accomodate you with them. (when getting the tenancy agreement check the number of rooms in the house. if its overcrowded then the EC offier might think in another way about accomodation and could be a serious problem).

For the filing EC , you have to go to your home country. Thats what i believe. please check with the forum for more info...
If the opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

gordon

Post by gordon » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:07 pm

I would have thought that girish, already on a work permit in the UK, would apply not for entry clearance but instead for further leave to remain under HSMP; ie use the FLR(HSMP) form.
AG

girish

Post by girish » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:02 pm

Thanks for the information.
So what are the docs i need to send along with the FLR(HSMP) form ? can you please help....

gsurendra

Post by gsurendra » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:05 pm

Some thoughts from my side

1) It may not be necessary to apply from Home country. If you check the HSMP Guidance note, it allows application from country of residence provided you are not there as a temporary visitor -

"The entry clearance application should be
submitted to the British Embassy, High
Commission or Consulate in either your country of
origin or country of residence. You will not
normally be allowed to submit an application for
entry clearance in a country where you are based
as a visitor or other temporary basis."

2) The BHC may not accept the fact that you will not take your family for 3 months till you find a job, as its difficult to prove it. If that happens, the EC officer may expect relevent accommodation and funds for your family and not only for you as individual

Please comment

gsurendra

Post by gsurendra » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:35 am

Some more queries

1) Is spouse date of birth certificate required?
2) I did not claim points for Age in HSMP. Do I need to produce Birth Certificate?
3) Is Election Card, PAN Card considered to be valid DOB certificate?
4) Can I produce a notarized copy of my Child's Passport for DOB certificate? Actually the Birth Certificate is issued by the local authority and may not be considered an "Official Document". Also, the Birth certificate is in Hindi and so I want to avoid the hassle of Translation by Certified Translator etc.

Please help

aj_sp_007
Member of Standing

Post by aj_sp_007 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:03 pm

Hi All,

Will be applying for my EC tomorrow 25/07/07 (India)
Lets see how it goes.
Will keep updating about everything.

Regards,

aj_sp_007

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Om Reem Shree PadamPrabhu Jinendrai Namah
________
COLD CASE FORUMS
Last edited by aj_sp_007 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

aj_sp_007
Member of Standing

Post by aj_sp_007 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:29 am

Hi All,

Today moring I submitted my file to VFS. (25/07/2007) INDIA
The only thing I felt while dealing with the VFS guys is, they dont want understand anything, you need to make them understand every possible detail.

1. Paid 17,056 * 3 (Myself + Wife + Daugher) = 51,168
2. After paying the amount I was given the medical check form, and was asked to get it done as soon as possible.

Will keep updating as soon as I receive the updates.

Regards,
aj_sp_007

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
________
Head Shop

aj_sp_007
Member of Standing

Post by aj_sp_007 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:27 pm

Hi All,

Applied for EC on 25/07/2007. Medical check-up form issued to me on very same day by VFS. Really confused with this, coz somewhere in this forum i read it will be only given once the visa is issued.

Have gone through the medical checkup.Hospital will send the report directly to the counslate. Will keep updating you.

Regards,

aj_sp_007
________
Uggs

gsurendra

Post by gsurendra » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:45 am

Is the Medical Test required for you and your family or only yourself?

tinku07
Newly Registered

Applied for EC on 25-07-2007

Post by tinku07 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:13 am

Applied for EC on 25-07-2007 from VFS - Bangalore.

aj_sp_007
Member of Standing

Post by aj_sp_007 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:43 am

@gsurendra

I was told to get my medical check up done not for my family.
For the family may be later.

@tinku

keep updating

Regards,

aj_sp_007
________
Colorado medical marijuana dispensaries

tinku07
Newly Registered

Post by tinku07 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:02 am

Hi aj_sp_007,

Shall update you on my application status.From Which vfs-center did you apply for EC??.

aj_sp_007
Member of Standing

Post by aj_sp_007 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:05 am

Hi tinku,

I have applied from VFS-kolkata on 25/07/2007. Have gone through medical check on 26/07/2007

Regards,

aj_sp_007
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
________
Spam Measures

aj_sp_007
Member of Standing

Post by aj_sp_007 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:25 pm

Hi All,

I applied for EC on 25/07/2007 and as you all know, not possible to check it online.Link has been removed for the time being. For this reason i used the mobile option : UK VISA PASSPORT NUMBER to 7333, this is the reply I received :

The Status of your application :
PENDING FOR CHECKS.

Can neone tell me, what does this mean ??? Neone received the same reply.

Regards,

aj_sp_007
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Om Reem Shri PadamPrabhu Jinendrai Namah
________
Zx14 vs hayabusa
Last edited by aj_sp_007 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.