ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa from India : Timeline

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HarryC
United Kingdom

Re: Settlement Visa from India : Timeline

Post by HarryC » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:56 pm

Hi Divya

I had the same question when my spouse was submitting the online application.
what i was told by UKVI that if the person dont travel within 30 days, one has to reapply for settlement visa and pay the full fee which is INR 100,380.00
now i might be wrong and neither i was satisfied with what i was told but i too wasnt able to find the answer to the same question and therefore rung the UKVI and got the above answer.

PS where did you submit the application? i too applied on 9th sept.
harry
Settlement visa
VFS centre: New Delhi
Application submitted: 09-09-2015
Biometrics done: 09-09-2015
Application received in Delhi: 09-09-2015

Lead123

Post by Lead123 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:16 pm

mariappanmrt wrote:Thanks for your quick response and details.

Even I am withdrawing salary for director, but that will be very less, right? £833.33 per month last year which can't bring the threshold amount, right?. Yes, I provided all the documents you mentioned and in the link. Only issue is the financial year is for 7 months for me. But when they say full financial year is it necessary to be 12 months? At the company start of the year it may be less than 12 months.

£24k is from my director salary and company profit( which will be taken as dividends). Yes, my accountant only suggested for appealing, but still I am going to discuss with solicitor.

Regards,
Mari
Hi
In your case you better go for appeal and because your company registered recently and you met all financial requirements. You have 100% of wining a case. Did you met your solicitor?

mariappanmrt

Post by mariappanmrt » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:46 pm

Hi Lead,

Thanks for giving the confidence. Yes, I met the solicitor and he also told that I can win the appeal after assessing my financial conditions. But he is charging more(£1200 if it's done with tribunal itself) for the appeal process. Can I appeal on my own and put myself as presenter? I am in dilemma on this and will decide within this week. Will keep you posted.

Regards,
Maria

vanakkamchennai

Post by vanakkamchennai » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:14 pm

mariappanmrt wrote:Hi Lead,

Thanks for giving the confidence. Yes, I met the solicitor and he also told that I can win the appeal after assessing my financial conditions. But he is charging more(£1200 if it's done with tribunal itself) for the appeal process. Can I appeal on my own and put myself as presenter? I am in dilemma on this and will decide within this week. Will keep you posted.

Regards,
Maria
Hi Maria,

I put myself as the sponsor and representative to my wife. As the appeal process is of two stage, where home office will review it first based on the new evidences supplied, and if they overturn the decision, then there is no use of lawyer. If the decision is not overturned, and the home office lawyers would also like to challenge the appeal, then it will come to the tribunal court for hearing, and in that case, having a lawyer would be an advantage.

I have consulted with few of my friends who have gone through similar process and they suggest that, home office will overturn, if they think they can't win the case, because if the home office loose in the court, then they have to pay back the expenses incurred to the applicant in making the appeal. However, I am not sure if this covers the lawyer cost.

Good luck to you.
30JUN15–Online application
06JUL15-Biometrics
04SEP15-Refused
07SEP15-Appealed
08SEP15-Docs sent
12OCT15-appeal letter issued
09NOV15-Overturned
18NOV15-Passport submited
20NOV15–New IHS Payment done
08DEC15-Passport collected

pari9990
Newly Registered

Post by pari9990 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:39 pm

sthakur wrote:Hello All,
So today I went to the Blue dart office and picked my passport and the visa is granted!! :)
A brief about my application: I didn't submit any originals/certified copies, mostly were the coloured prints of scanned copies and on line downloaded payslips and bank statements. I had submitted only 3 months payslips.
I was worried but they didn't even ask for additional documents. Guess our case was strong and got a bit lucky! :)

Following is my timeline:
Settlement Visa (Cat A), Mumbai South,
Bio-metric : 22/7/15
Email enquiry on 03/08/15: Waiting to be assessed by ECO
Email enquiry on 14/08/15: Not yet assessed by ECO
Email enquiry on 24/08/15 & 04/09/15: No current updates
Decision Email:18/09/2015 (I called UKVI on 17th and they told me decision has been made on 15/09/2015)
(Total 43 Working days)

Thanks to all the forum members for sharing their experiences. Congratulations to all those who got their visas and best of luck to all who are in the process.

Cheers
ST
Hi there
Really happy for you. Best wishes. Hope my husband's visa come through as well we applied on the 30th paper work is all good as we had a solicitor doing that crap bit for us. But very worried because of the email they send. Take care.

Andisha

Post by Andisha » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:02 pm

Armanalmas wrote:Hi every one.
Me my two sons r British/afghan citizen. I want to apply for my wife UK spouse visa. On UKVI website says afghan national apply through Islamabad. But decision making in Islamabad takes long and not good.
Few of my friends told me it's better to apply from India. I didn't find no information about this on ukvi website.
Can any one help if she can apply from India if she get 3 or 6 months Indian visa in Kabul?
Or where can I get the information to be sure if she can apply through India.

Thanks.
Armanalmas, my husband is applying from India. He got a 6 month visa from Afghanistan. Only problem is that when you apply, they keep your passport so there is no way your wife can travel back to Afghanistan whereas if you apply from Pakistan she can go back.

There is no fast track application from Delhi

saffy01
Newly Registered

Post by saffy01 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:19 pm

Hi,

This is for all the people who are struggling with financial issues/financial related rejection for their settlement visa applications.
This is a story of my sister who applied as a self employed in 2013. Her application was placed on hold as the financial threshold case was in court at that time, ECO explained that she was not meeting the financial income requirement. Now what my sisters solicitor had done was that he said to her that we will provide one year of financial income as it is required. So she showed her income for one full financial year from October 2013 to October 2013 being unaware of the 'tax year from April to April'. This is why she was not meeting the financial requirement. (So please be aware if you are applying as a self employed you must show income of the tax year which from April to April in the UK).

So, she took the case to the solicitor after being tired of waiting for the court decision on the financial income. The solicitor advised her to submit documents which were now complete the whole tax year documents were available now. Unfortunately, before she could send the complete documents the decision of the court case came and all the people who were on hold due to their financial requirement were given their decision as rejected. So then she changed her solicitor as he was very incompetent and unprofessional about her case during the entire case it was because of him the documents were not sent on time. (Be very cautious about your own case the solicitors can be very unprofessional at time be aware!).

The new solicitor seemed very professional and experienced and charged big money. He encouraged her to go to appeals as everything was their and the case was sure to be won by my sister. So my sister went through the long process for the appeal and finally the day came of the hearing date. The hearing was very short and my sister was questioned why the documents to fulfil the financial requirements was not sent before the decision. However, the hearing was short and then waited for the decision from the judge to come through after several weeks. Again, it was rejected and the main issue highlighted was that 'although the documents were all complete but because they were not sent in on time that's why the visa cannot be granted'. This was very unfortunate I guess but the whole purpose of me writing the story is to make everyone aware of these solicitors who only care about their money and not your emotions.

Please take some lessons:
Be very clear of the immigration rules
Make sure you have all the complete documents
Make sure your solicitor is experienced and knows what he is talking about if you have to tell him things do not go ahead.
Usually these solicitors who charge big money are the inexperienced ones trust me!
If you have even the slightest of doubt in your case never ever listen to the solicitors advise on going to appeal trust me!
Usually the solicitors just be interested in your money specially if they are advising you to go on to appeal.
If the reason for your rejection is fully explained and does not meet the immigration guidelines - please be aware do not go ahead to the appeal it will never be accepted.

well I hope this post benefits some of you.

mariappanmrt

Post by mariappanmrt » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:41 pm

Hi VanakkamChennai,

Thanks for your guidance. It's really helpful.

Regards,
Mari

divya.jssingh
Newly Registered

Post by divya.jssingh » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:34 am

Hi Harry,

This is the clause says:

ECB17.3 Replacing a 30 day short validity (travel) vignette
30 day vignette replacements can also be replaced using a transfer of conditions, and not as a new application for leave to enter. For information on the current fee for a Transfer of Conditions see the visa fees page on GOV.UK.

If the applicant has been granted a 30 day vignette and fails to enter the UK within the 30 day validity period, they must make an application for a replacement 30 day vignette by applying for a Transfer of Conditions.

When I click on Visa fees page it asks us the standard questions.

And I have applied on 10th Sep at Kolkata VFS Centre.

Thanks,
Divya

Armanalmas

Post by Armanalmas » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:57 am

Hi. @andisha thank you for ur reply.

pari9990
Newly Registered

Post by pari9990 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:20 am

Hi everyone
Can someone please tell me how can I contact ukvi delhi. Can I have the email and the phone number please. Thanks

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:16 am

divya.jssingh wrote:Hi Harry,

This is the clause says:

30 day vignette replacements can also be replaced using a transfer of conditions, and not as a new application for leave to enter. For information on the current fee for a Transfer of Conditions see the visa fees page on GOV.UK.

If the applicant has been granted a 30 day vignette and fails to enter the UK within the 30 day validity period, they must make an application for a replacement 30 day vignette by applying for a Transfer of Conditions.

Thanks,
Divya
Ahh i see. I wasnt aware about it. so not sure. Have you tried to contacting the UKVI?

And Pari, there is no direct number for Delhi. You can dial the general contact number or email them
harry
Settlement visa

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:17 am

pari9990 wrote:Hi everyone
Can someone please tell me how can I contact ukvi delhi. Can I have the email and the phone number please. Thanks

https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/

See the link. There is no UKVI delhi number. the above is a general link which will tell you the contact number or email form to contact UKVI
harry
Settlement visa

Andisha

Post by Andisha » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:20 pm

Hi everyone,

A quick question about interviews. Are people interviewed routinely? The Sponsor applicants?

We applied end of August, biometrics was done 2nd of September from New Delhi so beginning of Sept people join me in the wait :)

pari9990
Newly Registered

Post by pari9990 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:03 pm

HarryC wrote:
divya.jssingh wrote:Hi Harry,

This is the clause says:

Thanks,
Divya
Ahh i see. I wasnt aware about it. so not sure. Have you tried to contacting the UKVI?

And Pari, there is no direct number for Delhi. You can dial the general contact number or email them
Hi there
Thank you very much

vanakkamchennai

Post by vanakkamchennai » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:41 am

Andisha wrote:Hi everyone,

A quick question about interviews. Are people interviewed routinely? The Sponsor applicants?

We applied end of August, biometrics was done 2nd of September from New Delhi so beginning of Sept people join me in the wait :)
Hi Andisha,

So far, I haven't heard anyone attended the interview.
06JUL15-Biometrics
04SEP15-Refused
07SEP15-Appealed
08SEP15-Docs sent
09NOV15-Overturned

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:04 pm

Any idea where i can get the latest estimated time for completion of settlement visa cases.
The UKVI site Delhi turn around times hasnt been updated since july 2015
i know in august,it said their estimated times are 41 working days.
any update whether it is still 41 days?

Secondly, are settlement visa applications being processed in Delhi or are they being sent to Sheffield?
harry
Settlement visa

vanakkamchennai

Post by vanakkamchennai » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:38 pm

HarryC wrote:Any idea where i can get the latest estimated time for completion of settlement visa cases.

Secondly, are settlement visa applications being processed in Delhi or are they being sent to Sheffield?
Hi Harry,

Visit http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/India/ and scroll down to find "How we are performing against our quality and timeline standards – read more". If you click the read more, you will get to know the latest timings. This link will be updated by VFS on every Friday.

For the latest one: http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/India/pdf/In ... 180915.pdf

I am not sure, whether the Visa will be issued in India (only) or in UK or both.
06JUL15-Biometrics
04SEP15-Refused
07SEP15-Appealed
08SEP15-Docs sent
09NOV15-Overturned

sthakur

Post by sthakur » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:22 am

pari9990 wrote:
sthakur wrote:Hello All,
So today I went to the Blue dart office and picked my passport and the visa is granted!! :)
A brief about my application: I didn't submit any originals/certified copies, mostly were the coloured prints of scanned copies and on line downloaded payslips and bank statements. I had submitted only 3 months payslips.
I was worried but they didn't even ask for additional documents. Guess our case was strong and got a bit lucky! :)

Following is my timeline:
Settlement Visa (Cat A), Mumbai South,
Bio-metric : 22/7/15
Email enquiry on 03/08/15: Waiting to be assessed by ECO
Email enquiry on 14/08/15: Not yet assessed by ECO
Email enquiry on 24/08/15 & 04/09/15: No current updates
Decision Email:18/09/2015 (I called UKVI on 17th and they told me decision has been made on 15/09/2015)
(Total 43 Working days)

Thanks to all the forum members for sharing their experiences. Congratulations to all those who got their visas and best of luck to all who are in the process.

Cheers
ST
Hi there
Really happy for you. Best wishes. Hope my husband's visa come through as well we applied on the 30th paper work is all good as we had a solicitor doing that crap bit for us. But very worried because of the email they send. Take care.
Thank you, pari!
Hope you hear something soon. It should be ok, as they are juct taking their time to do some more checks!!
cheers
ST

sthakur

Post by sthakur » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:25 am

HarryC wrote:Any idea where i can get the latest estimated time for completion of settlement visa cases.

@Harry: All the settlement visas during my timeline were issued from New Delhi only (to the best of my knowledge). I don't think they send any settlement visas from India to Sheffield.

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:18 am

Thank you so much SThakur
Appreciate it
harry
Settlement visa

pari9990
Newly Registered

Post by pari9990 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:27 pm

Hi everyone
My husband received a call today from the visa office and he has been booked for a phone interview on Tuesday. has anyone been through this phone interview process if yes please let me know what questions they ask. and if anyone has got the visa or not after the interview. Many thanks.
Last edited by pari9990 on Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pari9990
Newly Registered

Post by pari9990 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:34 pm

Hi everyone
My husband received a call today from the visa office and he has got a phone interview on Tuesday. was wondering if anyone has been through this phone interview process please let me know. What sort of questions they ask and whether they received their visas or not.

Andisha

Post by Andisha » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:16 pm

My husband received a call today from the visa office and he has got a phone interview on Tuesday. was wondering if anyone has been through this phone interview process please let me know. What sort of questions they ask and whether they received their visas or not.
Hi Pari,

Being interviewed is not so common but when people are interviewed most question relate to how you two meet the financial requirements, whethere your relationship is genuine etc. Make sure he knows exactly where you work and how much you earn. He needs to know about everything you guys submitted as evidence.
Good luck with the interview plz let me know what questions they ask him :)

pari9990
Newly Registered

Post by pari9990 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:39 pm

Andisha wrote:
Hi Pari,

Being interviewed is not so common but when people are interviewed most question relate to how you two meet the financial requirements, whethere your relationship is genuine etc. Make sure he knows exactly where you work and how much you earn. He needs to know about everything you guys submitted as evidence.
Good luck with the interview plz let me know what questions they ask him :)
Thanks will definitely let you know.