ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:44 pm

They usually send the confirmation of receipt within 2-3 days. However, the further processing of application on the basis of documents may take in excess of 6 months.

mendo

Post by mendo » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:01 pm

Hi Darkhorse,

My wife, got the LTR granted 2 and 1/2 months after she sent the PPC.
(But it only took her a week and a half to obtain the PPC in the first place.)
You should get your LTR letter in January 2009, maybe.

Mktsoi,

I am sure that I've seen a post by someone, where the Minister Of Justice answered a question in the Dail, from a TD and he mentioned something about the LTR processing being put on hold because the naturalization was processed (the question was about naturalization).
I think it was the topic where the minister was complaining that every question in the Dail is costing the state 200 euro to be answered, or something like this.

Regards,

Mendo
________
Iolite Vaporizer Review
Last edited by mendo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anotherimmigrant

Post by anotherimmigrant » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:49 pm

[quote]QUESTION NO: 551 DÃ

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:00 pm

I was on to them today (phone) to get an update on my application (may 06, sent additional docs mid october 08) and was told that it's now with the Garda Schiocana for their approval - does any one know how long this stage normally take?

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:59 pm

I believe it takes 2.5 months but you never know. Then it probably go to next stage which is 'with minister for decision'. Again we never know how long it takes. Mine has been sent for decision since end of Oct-08

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:35 pm

Darkhorse wrote:I believe it takes 2.5 months but you never know. Then it probably go to next stage which is 'with minister for decision'. Again we never know how long it takes. Mine has been sent for decision since end of Oct-08
u mean 2.5 month from sending the extra docs or just for the garda clearance ?

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:40 pm

I think since u sent the doc

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:57 pm

Would they ask for any further documents ? after sending the P21 Bank statements and payslips.

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:16 am

No they don't. The next thing you hear is if you have been granted or not. It is about 6 months since you sent the documents. This is about 2 months ago. Considering the back log, it will probably 7-8 months now.

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:43 am

Darkhorse wrote:No they don't. The next thing you hear is if you have been granted or not. It is about 6 months since you sent the documents. This is about 2 months ago. Considering the back log, it will probably 7-8 months now.
Thanks a million!

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:01 pm

The webpage on INIS have been updated with additional info. Please see their website.

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:09 pm

New stuff added..nothing important really

Permission to remain in the State as confirmed by the Gárda National Immigration Bureau is a matter of vital importance to all applicants for Citizenship. Applicants must ensure that their registration with the Gárda National Immigration Bureau, 13/14 Burgh Quay,
Dublin 2, is kept up to date during their residency in this country.
Part of the procedure employed to determine an applicants residency, in the processing of Citizenship applications, is a thorough examination of GNIB residency stamps. The requirement to renew GNIB registration at regular periods allows for greater control over the immigration process whereby checks can be carried out to ensure that a person is still meeting the conditions attached to the type of permission he or she was granted.
Work permits, letters from employers, or other Departmental letters are not in themselves evidence of having remained in the State.

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:15 pm

I read them and I interpret them in 2 possiblity
1. You probably will not be approved if you currently don't have residence permit.
2. Or more sarcastic way, you won't be approved if you have gaps in those stamps.

This uncertainty and long procesing time will only add worry among the applicant giving the granting of this citizenship is not an entitlement yet very important decision for the applicant who has worked very hard in this country and contribute to economie in the pass.

It is also important to point out that sometime people have gaps in those stamps not due to their own fault. For example work permit not being issue on time or apply on time by their employer.
Question remain, why they choose to publish this information now. Have they change their procedure?, change approval creteria????
Oh God help us all.

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:20 pm

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:57 pm

Thanks guys for posting about this update.

Do you reckon that people who have received the letter for P21/bank statements/payslips/affidavits have already passed the residency requirement?

As pointed out by Darkhorse, some people will have gaps in their stamps. But according to this info, if the time covered by the stamps minus the gaps is at least 5 years, then you do fulfil the residency requirement.

But if on the examination of your passport INIS determines you don't fulfil this requirement, then processing of your application halts and you would never receive the letter asking for P21/bank statements/etc. You would receive a rejection letter instead.

Do you reckon this is the case?

In summary, what I'm asking is... do you think if we already received the P21/bank statements letter, then that means that we DO fulfil the residency requirement?

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:03 pm

LuasPassenger wrote:
In summary, what I'm asking is... do you think if we already received the P21/bank statements letter, then that means that we DO fulfil the residency requirement?
Yes.

(Jayzuz ---- finally someone even more long-winded than me :) )

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:06 pm

According to FAQ you are correct luas passenger. Because it would be in the process of initial checks.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:21 pm

Darkhorse wrote:According to FAQ you are correct luas passenger. Because it would be in the process of initial checks.
Yes, that was my original reading. However, it looks to me that the process described here has been recently implemented. So probably this check didn't happen back in 2006 when most of us applied.

Anyway, I would expect that this check would have happened at the latest just before they sent the P21 letter. So I should probably just stop panicking...

It's just that all this wait has made me quite panicky and stressed. Every day after work my heart beat rises when I pick up the post and browse through it to see if I have something from INIS.

Earlier this week I received a notification from the postman about a registered letter. I couldn't sleep that night thinking it was probably the letter from INIS. I went to the post delivery office first thing in the morning just to find out the registered letter wasn't from INIS, but from somebody else.

Oh well... I think the only thing there is to do is just wait...

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:26 pm

The same here....javascript:emoticon(':D')

rustig
Newly Registered

Post by rustig » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:40 pm

I had two cases where I had to wait for 1. Work Permit Renewal 2. New Passport. Both times the Garda gave me extension stamps in my passport to state that I am waiting for above. As he was concerned I was legally in the state and permission to remain here until new papers arrived. I think as long as the gaps are not date related you will be OK. I am only waiting for my P21 so I can send it in. Was told by Tax Office it takes 5 working days.
The way the economy goes I doubt if I will be around for the "congrat" letter.

kc
Newly Registered

Re: Marriage Affidavit

Post by kc » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:21 pm

hussie wrote:Hi Guys

I'm totally puzzled. I'm divorced and have been since 2004. Was married to non-EU citizen. When I applied in 2005 I was already divorced.

Now they want a marriage affidavit. (I already sent them the final decree of my divorce and civil status cert proving my current status as divorce). I don't have the marriage cert anymore and I will definitely not be able to get the details of her parents from my ex. I don't even know how to reach her. Can anyone think why they would need this affidavit? I tried contacting them (sent letters, tried calling) but they ignore my question and just sent the affidavit form.

Is there anyone out there in a similar position?
I have exactly same situation!!!
I think they just have a standard answer template (bloody bureaucrats!). Well, I guess we just got to make up the ex's parents' names, etc. on the affidavit. I'm also going to write them letter, stating that my current status is divorced.

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:48 am

LuasPassenger wrote: Earlier this week I received a notification from the postman about a registered letter. I couldn't sleep that night thinking it was probably the letter from INIS. I went to the post delivery office first thing in the morning just to find out the registered letter wasn't from INIS, but from somebody else.

Oh well... I think the only thing there is to do is just wait...
So this happen to me yesterday when I come home and pick up the letter this morning and has been approved. 3 year +/- 2 weeks.
I wish you all luck. Be patient you will have it. For those applied jan-06 to jun-06 should have the news sooner than 3 years in my opinion as you all now improvement has been made 3 or 4 months ago. It takes time to clear all the back logs.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:06 am

Just a quick note to say that I received approval for my naturalisation application today morning.

Timelines:
  • Nov 29, 2005: Applied for naturalisation on the basis of living and working in Ireland for 5 yrs
    Jan, 2006: Received letter saying that my application is in the "queue"
    May, 2008: Received request for marrriage and birth cert affidavits which I submitted 1 week afterwards.
    1st week, Oct 2008: Sent letter to DoJ asking for status update. Received a generic reply saying that my application decision was not made and they would be in touch in due course of time.
    Nov 20,2008: received approval.
Also I think that my application was completely handled by the Dublin office rather than Tipperary as all the letterheads had Dublin address.

So for me it took exactly 3 yrs from start to getting the approval.
Country of origin: India (Don't know if this matters in the naturalisation process)

I haven't made the court appointment yet, i guess that will take another couple of months.

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:24 am

Congratulation Stronbow and Darkhorse

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:37 am

Strongbow

Congratulations and well done buddy. Please keep the forum updated on how did the court appointments go i.e delays etc. Can you take an appointment outside Dublin? Enjoy - take a break and get dole :lol: