ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Updates on Zambrano applications

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mam2

Post by mam2 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:31 am

Kiss300
Email them every other day. Like I said you don't lose anything. Be firm in your email all the time. They will get fed up and give a concrete reply.
papa2

mikilo2008

Post by mikilo2008 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:42 am

kiss300 wrote:@mam2 and mikilo2008, i finally got a reply that they are talking to the case worker who will contact me ones the case is completed.
but i feel it is an automated message that they send to anyone who constantly write to them. what do you guys thinks?
I don't think so, the automated message says your message has being sent to rob white and his mails closes by 3pm, if message is sent after this time that it will be addressed on the next day. What I will advice you to do is to wait till Friday if you don't hear from the case worker as they say, write to him again that you have not heard from any caseworker and u need the situation to be addressed promptly. Also let your Mp know about it. I received yet another letter from the chief case worker European case work. After complaining to Rob again that I was just issued a COA. She wrote Thank you for your e-mail of 18th March 2013 to Rob Whiteman. Your e-mail has been forwarded to me for response as I am the Chief Caseworker for European Casework and, in making an application for a Derivative Residence Card, your application is being handled by my team. A certificate of application as being sent on the 9th of APril which could be tendered to any employer verified from us. We are treating your case and a decision will be reached within the next four weeks.

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:57 am

@mikilo2008, so i should not write again until Friday if i have not heard anything? cos i was finking of replying the email. to express how urgent this is. what you you finks? also @mikilo2008 did you reply back to ask how long it will take for them to finish dealing with ur case

mikilo2008

Post by mikilo2008 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:02 am

kiss300 wrote:@mikilo2008, so i should not write again until Friday if i have not heard anything? cos i was finking of replying the email. to express how urgent this is. what you you finks? also @mikilo2008 did you reply back to ask how long it will take for them to finish dealing with ur case
That's what I think, you got a reply today give them tomorrow and then get back to them on friday.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:02 pm

mam2 wrote:It's possible that the child's dad might have acquired his citizen after his birth so he cannot automatically gain his dad's citizenship. EEA2 will cut the whole story and journey short.
If his father had PR and his son was born in the UK, the child is AUTOMATICALLY a British Citizen...

Either that, or he has an EU Citizenship - therefore Chen is the principle too..

But - Spouse is better than zambrano, and its noted: "If no other leave within these rules" - therefore no longer qualifies for a DRC.

Also, thought maybe this might be of interest to some people:
http://our-ukba-battle.tk/web_images/em ... _funds.jpg

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:06 pm

mikilo2008 wrote: That's very correct, he got his Irish passport in 2012 my son was born in 2008 GLH2012,
we have being on this together since 2011 we applied almost the same time and have being comparing notes. I advice u push as well. Write like everyone has done and let's see what they will have to say. Good luck to us all
Ahh Right, so your spouse only became EU last year... right... thats clearer - ignore the previous... :P

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:30 pm

kiss300 wrote:@mam2 and mikilo2008, i finally got a reply that they are talking to the case worker who will contact me ones the case is completed.
but i feel it is an automated message that they send to anyone who constantly write to them. what do you guys thinks?
Perhaps... I gave 14 days notice RE: wifes passport last week. Nothing has been done...
I emailed stating I expect a written response by the end of the week.

Nothing yet...

But the reply means they will contact you in six months?

Respond and inform them that failure to supply your DRC is breaching the childs rights under Directive 2004/38/EC to move freely within the EEA. Without their primary carer to travel with them they are unable to travel!

Tell them a response in six months is insufficient.

Be as assertive as possible... I've switched from ASKING them to do things to TELLING them to do it...

But OBVIOUSLY decisions everyone makes should be on their own choice. - about their case - NOT ANYBODY ELSES...

@Mikilo, what was the cheif case workers name? did it include a name? - useful to know names and positions of everybody involved...

I don't think he means automated as in automatic, I think means copy and paste script...

the automated one states :
Thank you for your email to Rob Whiteman, Director General of Operational Systems Management, Home Office. Please note that Rob’s overnight (and weekend) box closes at 3pm daily. Emails submitted after this time will be actioned the following working day. For urgent matters requiring immediate clearance please contact the Private Office team on 0207 035 1678. Thank you.
This was updated on the following email to me refering to him as "What I believe is still the CEO of UKBA.

My next confirmation recieved this automated response... It was previously:
Thank you for your email to Rob Whiteman, Chief Executive of the UK Border Agency. Please note that Rob’s overnight (and weekend) box closes at 3pm daily. Emails submitted after this time will be actioned the following working day. For urgent matters requiring immediate clearance please contact the Private Office team on 0207 035 1678. Thank you.
my reply on 10th which went like:
I wrote my letter directed at what I believe is still the Cheif Executive. That meaning I believe that you would ultimately be the last possible internal line in my complaints in regards to UKBA.
My next email of 12.4.13 recieved the new message...
(midweek change?)

Bear in mind though - ITS THE SAME JOB - DIFFERENT TITLE!

I wrote my letter on 10th with the "last possible line" as ultimately he is... the next step is Parlimentary Ombudsman - which you will need your MP for... (and this guy knows that - hence the ball will begin to roll one way or another... if it doesn't hes likely to kick it... ;) )

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:51 pm

has anyone ever called ROD WHITEMAN'S private telephone number the 020 number that he leaves after a message is sent to him?

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:03 pm

kiss300 wrote:has anyone ever called ROD WHITEMAN'S private telephone number the 020 number that he leaves after a message is sent to him?
yes, it just goes to voicemail and you leave a message - they wont call back...ive called about 100 times in relation to my wifes case .. I RECORD ALL CALLS on my mobile:) - Such recordings are for "PERSONAL USE" and are allowed to be used in a court of law as evidence. There is no legal need to notify them that you are recording the call. (Only a business is required to provide notification)

sarahassy

Post by sarahassy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:00 pm

mikilo2008 wrote:
kiss300 wrote:@mikilo2008 AMD MAM2, i have writing to Rob white but no response so far. what do you fink i should do. ANY IDEAS PLEASE. I NEED HELP

I also advice you keep mailing them. Em phasing that you have sent numerous mails without a response. I will also advice u send an e mail to your Mp explaining the challenges you have with them and that they seem to be ignoring your mail and that he should please intervene.
Oo my GOD, I think Iam late sending an E -mail! what should
I write plse members.Wiggsy I think u r the expert now

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:07 pm

im not an expert...

trust me, but im at the "end"... at this point I want them to return my wifes passport. then we'll do the Ireland EEA route... - I am tempted to try for her PR in a year and half and take it to court when they refuse it... based on discrimination etc, and breaching rights to be treated equaly to other people, and afforded the same treatment, opportunities and fair game as other people on the immigration / EEA regs.

Zambrano carers seem to be getting shafted with discriminative policy aimed against them...

But:

for your email:

include any reference numbers and your name, address etc

tell them what the problem is...
tell them you expect them to help...
be "polite" but "firm"...

empasis that they are breaking laws etc - they know they are... and you need to make it clear that YOU know they are...

dont let them walk over you.

ALL international treaties ARE LAW. (UN Treaties, EU Treaties ETC the UK is bound by them all)

sarahassy

Post by sarahassy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:19 pm

wiggsy wrote:im not an expert...

trust me, but im at the "end"... at this point I want them to return my wifes passport. then we'll do the Ireland EEA route... - I am tempted to try for her PR in a year and half and take it to court when they refuse it... based on discrimination etc, and breaching rights to be treated equaly to other people, and afforded the same treatment, opportunities and fair game as other people on the immigration / EEA regs.

Zambrano carers seem to be getting shafted with discriminative policy aimed against them...

But:

for your email:

include any reference numbers and your name, address etc

tell them what the problem is...
tell them you expect them to help...
be "polite" but "firm"...

empasis that they are breaking laws etc - they know they are... and you need to make it clear that YOU know they are...

dont let them walk over you.

ALL international treaties ARE LAW. (UN Treaties, EU Treaties ETC the UK is bound by them all)
Thanx Wiggsy

mam2

Post by mam2 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:14 pm

Hi all,
Did someone mention Rob Whiteman is out? Who should we write our complaints to now?Any advice?
papa2

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:26 pm

@mam2 where did you hear this

mam2

Post by mam2 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:33 pm

kiss300 wrote:@mam2 where did you hear this
On this forum today but I cannot remember the specific thread it was.
papa2

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:51 pm

mam2 wrote:
kiss300 wrote:@mam2 where did you hear this
On this forum today but I cannot remember the specific thread it was.
ok MAM2... incorrect... Rob Whiteman is STILL the senior member...

Although two new interim Director Generals have been placed... Rob whiteman has a new title..

the thread was this one:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=129662

see the following:

Q18 Mr Winnick: Mr Sedwill, the Home Secretary explained the splitting into two different organisations and the reasons, but you will be chairing all the constituent organisations in the Immigration Service, immigration, passport, Border Force and so on and so forth. That will be your job, chairing it, yes?

Mark Sedwill: Not of the Agency. We have a series of governance structures within the Home Office, and, as the Home Secretary said, there will be a board that is designed to bring all of the pieces of the immigration system together, so the Border Force, the two new commands-

Mr Winnick: I understand that, but you will be chairing it?

Mark Sedwill: Yes.

Mr Winnick: How much of that will-

Mark Sedwill: As will Ministers, of course; the Ministers and I will chair this, depending on the focus of-

Q19 Mr Winnick: Yes, but you are the most senior official obviously in the Home Office, and you have enough responsibilities, I am sure, to occupy yourself at the moment. How much time will you therefore have to chair this board?
http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... c92401.htm

View the entire meeting in video here (good if your fluent speaking but text better otherwise...
http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Playe ... ngId=12928

and this is very relevant: although not responded, im certain will return some useful info :)
(it gave me the links for the video etc)
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ment-38142
Last edited by wiggsy on Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mam2

Post by mam2 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:53 pm

@wiggsy,
Yea, that's the one. Thanks.
papa2

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:00 pm

you know, perhaps I am wrong, but either way Rob Whiteman is STILL HIGHER in the foodchain...
Q36 Steve McCabe: I hope the poor Immigration Minister is more in the loop when he adopts his new responsibilities.

Mr Whiteman, I think I have to ask you this. I understand why Mr Sedwill says we should not discuss personnel matters, but do you think in this age of austerity the public will understand how someone who ends up with a quarter of the responsibilities he originally had should keep the same salary level?

Rob Whiteman: I don’t mind your asking about it at all, Mr McCabe. My responsibilities will be different.

Steve McCabe: They have been reduced by three quarters from the job you were appointed to.

Rob Whiteman: In respect of running operations, that is quite correct, but in terms of making sure that the systems of the Home Office work effectively, in terms of support to those operations and indeed to other operations with which I am presently not involved, I think the job that Mr Sedwill has asked me to do is an important one for the future of the Home Office. It is different. It is a more strategic job across a wider remit of the Home Office, and, yes, it involves less direct management of operations. It is a different job, Mr McCabe.

Q37 Steve McCabe: Do you think the public will understand my point?

Rob Whiteman: Yes, I understand the point you are making, Mr McCabe, and I hope I have given you an honest answer, but one of the things about the Civil Service is we have very different roles and there are support roles and there are roles running operations and there are roles in policy, and I hope that the job that Mr Sedwill has asked me to do will add value to our operations and indeed to the wider Home Office.

Q38 Chair: Excellent. You were offered that job when? Today?

Rob Whiteman: While the changes have been under discussion, Chairman, Mr Sedwill and I have had a number of conversations.

Chair: It was offered before Thursday?

Rob Whiteman: We have been discussing what would happen over a period of time, but the important thing-

Chair: The important thing is clarity, because you are the Head of the Agency, and you answered letters from us. You have been discussing with Mr Sedwill your appointment as the Head of Transition before Thursday?

Rob Whiteman: No, the decision was made on Thursday, and I have been working on effecting that transition.

Chair: Since Thursday afternoon you know you have a job doing the transition?

Mark Sedwill: To be clear, Mr Chairman, we have been having discussions separately about the kind of role that Mr Whiteman would play in the future, but of course there was no decision.

Chair: Of course, until this morning.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:08 pm

What matters here is that we have given the Home Secretary options in the way that she has wanted
Doesn't that just traslate to "we were basically yes men, saying what she wanted us to say..."

-- additionally:
Q66 Bridget Phillipson: We do need to see the change you are talking about in terms of visas and it being clear that Britain is open for business, that we want to attract people to come here and that they should receive a good level of customer service, but can I also ask that that same focus on cultural change is also applied to how we deal with asylum applications, because there still remain big problems in that system? So, I would just ask that when that cultural change is being considered, clearly the Home Secretary has set out her focus on visas and wanting to make Britain competitive, the somewhat hidden aspects of asylum applications, where we also need to see cultural change, are included-and I hope that a greater separation between enforcement and decision-making might support that cultural change.

Mark Sedwill: I think the Home Secretary picked up precisely that point in the House this afternoon, and you are absolutely right, as I think Mr Ellis was also indicating: institutional culture is the most important part of delivering the right kind of system. We have to get that right, and we believe this change will facilitate that across the whole range of the business, including asylum, absolutely.
This should also be reflected on Zambrano ? - i'm certainly using it in my next email... :)

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:47 pm

@mam2 and wiggsy, i had a email from the case work who said they have located my case and they will give me a decision in a few days time. i got it today.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:57 pm

u got drc or email today?

sarahassy

Post by sarahassy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:49 am

kiss300 wrote:@mam2 and wiggsy, i had a email from the case work who said they have located my case and they will give me a decision in a few days time. i got it today.
Hi Kiss, how did u know your case worker? Please let me know.I'm tied of waiting since 2011, long time indeed!

sarahassy

Post by sarahassy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:54 am

wiggsy wrote:
What matters here is that we have given the Home Secretary options in the way that she has wanted
Doesn't that just traslate to "we were basically yes men, saying what she wanted us to say..."

-- additionally:
Q66 Bridget Phillipson: We do need to see the change you are talking about in terms of visas and it being clear that Britain is open for business, that we want to attract people to come here and that they should receive a good level of customer service, but can I also ask that that same focus on cultural change is also applied to how we deal with asylum applications, because there still remain big problems in that system? So, I would just ask that when that cultural change is being considered, clearly the Home Secretary has set out her focus on visas and wanting to make Britain competitive, the somewhat hidden aspects of asylum applications, where we also need to see cultural change, are included-and I hope that a greater separation between enforcement and decision-making might support that cultural change.

Mark Sedwill: I think the Home Secretary picked up precisely that point in the House this afternoon, and you are absolutely right, as I think Mr Ellis was also indicating: institutional culture is the most important part of delivering the right kind of system. We have to get that right, and we believe this change will facilitate that across the whole range of the business, including asylum, absolutely.
This should also be reflected on Zambrano ? - i'm certainly using it in my next email... :)
Hello Wiggsy,since Rob is not in charge any more, which e-mail address r u going to use. please let me know.

mam2

Post by mam2 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:02 am

@sarahassy,
I think wiggsy said he is still in charge but different job title now.
papa2

sarahassy

Post by sarahassy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:24 am

mam2 wrote:@sarahassy,
I think wiggsy said he is still in charge but different job title now.
Allright, thank you very much.