ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

going_dicey12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by going_dicey12 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:15 am

typhoon476 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:58 am
How many people are still waiting from March/April/May applicants? I'm a June applicant myself and this is getting ridiculous. Timeline thread and replies here seems to have trickled to naught as well. Is whole UKVI on holiday now?

As someone else mentioned before, please provide your feedback to the inspector here: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/call ... d-services

Still waiting too. June applicant, in-person biometrics on 28 August. Set O, so not sure how much longer I'm going to have to wait here.

Raz123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Raz123 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:18 am

Hi all

I remember reading that somebody sent an email to an address and got a response.

Can somebody please share an email address so that I can share my circumstances with the Home Office?

Best regards

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:28 am

This is getting ridiculous that the June applicants are still waiting for the decision. The people who applied after me (August) are getting faster decisions. It is a good thing that they are getting faster decisions but how on earth the UKVI is prioritizing the applications. Ahhhhhhh... this is getting on my nerves now. No response from my MP so far, No acknowledgment from the HO. Absolutely dead silence. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Samarpan
Newly Registered
India

Post by Samarpan » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:39 am

Ameline wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:39 am
Samarpan wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:37 am
sugaz wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:20 am
Samarpan wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:36 am
I applied for 7th Oct (DUal submission) in person Bio metrics ,but I Was told they have forwarded all my documents to UKVI and cancelled my appointment as I had applied via IDV app as well.
Did you receive any email confirming the cancellation of appointment. I have logged into my ukvcas account and can see my appointment. I have an appointment tomorrow (1st Oct). I had checked with UKVCAS via twitter that they had sent all documents to UKVI on the same day of IDV app submission.
No, I have not received any reply. May be my Solicitor has
Sorry who told you that the appointment was cancelled then?
My Solicitor got a call. I just checked my bank statement. I have got the refund from Sopra Steria

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:44 am

Samarpan wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:39 am
Ameline wrote:
Samarpan wrote:
sugaz wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:20 am

Did you receive any email confirming the cancellation of appointment. I have logged into my ukvcas account and can see my appointment. I have an appointment tomorrow (1st Oct). I had checked with UKVCAS via twitter that they had sent all documents to UKVI on the same day of IDV app submission.
My Solicitor got a call. I just checked my bank statement. I have got the refund from Sopra Steria
Ok it might be that they have already reviewed and decided on your application.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:54 am

klownking wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:28 am
This is getting ridiculous that the June applicants are still waiting for the decision. The people who applied after me (August) are getting faster decisions. It is a good thing that they are getting faster decisions but how on earth the UKVI is prioritizing the applications. Ahhhhhhh... this is getting on my nerves now. No response from my MP so far, No acknowledgment from the HO. Absolutely dead silence. :evil: :evil: :evil:
I don't think the wait is long enough to get on your nerves!! you are an August applicant who submitted bio via IDV only on 05/09. There are people who waited for way too long and I give all my solidarity with them. If you have no emergency, I do not see why you have contacted your MP. For August and September applicants (including me) it is really to early for moaning!!

You can only hope that you will be lucky to have your approval soon since for Set(O) there are few of Aug applications which are approved everyday.

Good luck!

Pat01
Newly Registered
Papua New Guinea

Post by Pat01 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:56 am

typhoon476 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:58 am
How many people are still waiting from March/April/May applicants? I'm a June applicant myself and this is getting ridiculous. Timeline thread and replies here seems to have trickled to naught as well. Is whole UKVI on holiday now?

As someone else mentioned before, please provide your feedback to the inspector here: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/call ... d-services
I applied on 1st May (SET M). Submitted all evidence online using UKVCAS web site in July. Supplied biometrics on 24th August using the IDV app. Having become fed up waiting, I attended a (free) face-to-face appointment in Croydon a month later on 23rd September. Still nothing after nigh on 5 months!

Mur

Post by Mur » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:02 am

klownking wrote:
I am also on the same boat. I submitted my application on June and did bio-metric on Aug . I followed up them two times . No response and no acknowledgement. My grandfather is in critical now. It seems like , i need to travel in another one week. I don't know what to do now?

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:08 am

Ameline wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:54 am
klownking wrote:
I don't think the wait is long enough to get on your nerves!! you are an August applicant who submitted bio via IDV only on 05/09. There are people who waited for way too long and I give all my solidarity with them. If you have no emergency, I do not see why you have contacted your MP. For August and September applicants (including me) it is really to early for moaning!!

You can only hope that you will be lucky to have your approval soon since for Set(O) there are few of Aug applications which are approved everyday.

Good luck!
Nobody is moaning but when you see the timeline like most of the people in this universe are getting faster decision who applied after you then you get frustrated and suspecious about your applicaiton even though it is pretty straightforward. Let's see what happens in next few weeks. May be you have the patience but I don't. Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:11 am

Does anyone else also feel that decisions have slowed down especially dual submissions? Also, many March-July applicants are still waiting......
As a member reported above, cancellation of dual appointment(did anyone else experience the same?), seems like dual submissions are not working anymore....
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:14 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:11 am
Does anyone else also feel that decisions have slowed down especially dual submissions? Also, many March-July applicants are still waiting......
As a member reported above, cancellation of dual appointment(did anyone else experience the same?), seems like dual submissions are not working anymore....
I felt the same CULLINAN but was not sure since we are just relying on people reporting in this forum but based on that and according to my statistics lol, they have definitely slowed down.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:16 am

klownking wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:08 am
Ameline wrote:
klownking wrote:

Good luck!
Nobody is moaning but when you see the timeline like most of the people in this universe are getting faster decision who applied after you then you get frustrated and suspecious about your applicaiton even though it is pretty straightforward. Let's see what happens in next few weeks. May be you have the patience but I don't. Thanks
Please desist from using this thread to vent your frustrations. We all get it. It's not a pleasant situation to be in. Many people have been waiting months on end for a decision and while you may not have the patience, you don't really have a choice, but to wait unless you have a genuine emergency. Yes, some people get lucky. Yes, no one really understands what the hell UKVI are doing with prioritising applications. But there ain't much you can (or should) do until the service standard time has elapsed. UKVI have made the service standard times VERY clear. If you're feeling particularly hard done by (unreasonably so, given that you only applied in August), just look at the Set LR timelines and see how slow that is going.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:17 am

@Ameline

You seem to have done some proper research on the statistics (decisions on this forum). I believe you must be right...

Maybe UKVI is actually following now?
UKVI have told us that they aim to deal with ALL applications in date order. This means that your case will be dealt with by UKVI based on the date of your registration with UKVI/UKVCAS
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Samarpan
Newly Registered
India

Post by Samarpan » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:20 am

Ameline wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:44 am
Samarpan wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:39 am
Ameline wrote:
Samarpan wrote:

Ok it might be that they have already reviewed and decided on your application.
Thanks .But we have not had any email on the decision as yet. Hopefully I will get it soon. Fingers crossed

excel_geek
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by excel_geek » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:21 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:11 am
I did my IDV submission on 8 Sep, and have my in-person tomorrow at the passport office in Pimlico. Hasn't been cancelled yet.. fingers crossed!

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:22 am

ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:16 am
klownking wrote:
Ameline wrote:
klownking wrote:

Good luck!
Please desist from using this thread to vent your frustrations. We all get it. It's not a pleasant situation to be in. Many people have been waiting months on end for a decision and while you may not have the patience, you don't really have a choice, but to wait unless you have a genuine emergency. Yes, some people get lucky. Yes, no one really understands what the hell UKVI are doing with prioritising applications. But there ain't much you can (or should) do until the service standard time has elapsed. UKVI have made the service standard times VERY clear. If you're feeling particularly hard done by (unreasonably so, given that you only applied in August), just look at the Set LR timelines and see how slow that is going.
You are right. Best of Luck

DimaG
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by DimaG » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:33 am

Hi,
-> submitted application on Aug 7th
-> submitted docs through IDV app on Sep 9th

Does anyone submitted docs through app in September got a decision ?? , sorry scrolled few pages and seems everyone repeating with in person submission....

Thanks
Last edited by DimaG on Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:33 am

klownking wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:22 am
ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:16 am
klownking wrote:
Ameline wrote:

Good luck!
You are right. Best of Luck
All the best to you too! Hang tight, and hope you get your decision soon! :)
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:38 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:17 am
@Ameline

You seem to have done some proper research on the statistics (decisions on this forum). I believe you must be right...

Maybe UKVI is actually following now?
UKVI have told us that they aim to deal with ALL applications in date order. This means that your case will be dealt with by UKVI based on the date of your registration with UKVI/UKVCAS
I think the intention is to follow this and deal with 'ALL' applications in date order but according to my statistics they are still jumping in their decisions between March, April, May, June, July and August daily and for Set (O) someone just reported in the Timeline Thread applying same day as me 04/09 that they got decision today.

We would struggle to understand how they are really processing the applications and what is going on behind the scene.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:44 am

@Ameline

I believe they are going in date order. But once the application is opened by the team, if its straight forward according to HO (not what we think), its passed onto the CW, otherwise its put aside for further enquiries and passed onto CW to make a decision later on.. that may explain some jumps up and down in date order....
But true, we do not know what is going on behind the scenes..

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:52 am

DimaG wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:33 am
Hi,

Does anyone submitted docs through app in September got a decision ?? , sorry scrolled few pages and seems everyone repeating with in person submission....

Thanks
None was reported in this forum. The latest was August IDV only SET(O) applied 28/08 used IDV on 07/09 and got decision on 27/09.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:54 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:44 am
@Ameline

I believe they are going in date order. But once the application is opened by the team, if its straight forward according to HO (not what we think), its passed onto the CW, otherwise its put aside for further enquiries and passed onto CW to make a decision later on.. that may explain some jumps up and down in date order....
I agree.

DimaG
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by DimaG » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:41 pm

Ameline wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:52 am
DimaG wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
None was reported in this forum. The latest was August IDV only SET(O) applied 28/08 used IDV on 07/09 and got decision on 27/09.
Thanks!
So it's seems people applying through app being placed in the end of the queue while others running with f2f appointments getting decisions fast however making queue for app submitters longer... Also spotted just 1 case of appointment cancellation due to dual submission.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:04 pm

DimaG wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:41 pm
Ameline wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:52 am
DimaG wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
Thanks!
So it's seems people applying through app being placed in the end of the queue while others running with f2f appointments getting decisions fast however making queue for app submitters longer... Also spotted just 1 case of appointment cancellation due to dual submission.
Sorry I meant One was reported in this forum*. There is also another one submitted application SET(O) on 15/07 and bio via IDV only on 01/09 got approval on 27/09.

Maiki
Newly Registered
Isle of Man

Post by Maiki » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:09 pm

Ameline wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:54 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:44 am
@Ameline

I agree.
We only applied in August (NOT using app.), chose Sept. 8 for interview/biometrics in Reading, received email saying successful 10 days later, and bioemetric card arrived last week.

We had a strong case - own our house outright, easily cover financials, etc. - maybe (as someone mentioned) "easier" cases get pushed through straight away? Who knows...
Good luck to everyone!