ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samchoopra

2011 applicants

Post by samchoopra » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:53 pm

any 1 hare having a news about 2011 applicants did some 1 rang to INIS ?

uniemperor
BANNED

Post by uniemperor » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:10 pm

fortune wrote:Hi ,I joined today , applied on stamp 4 as a registered doctor from middle east ,working here since 2004 ,applied on Nov 2009,any news from those who applied on Nov 2009? I have not recieved any letter from them yet.
So you have no 68/ ------- number atall ?

If so please write them with the certificate of postage to demonstrate your application. otherwise if you have, you should then wait or call them to know what the story is. o.k msh.

Sohanjanvi
Newly Registered

Hi All

Post by Sohanjanvi » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:17 pm

Just have a copy of GNIB and the letter you got from INIS and no problem then
I did that last Septemeber based on the airport immigration office advise
you can ring them on 016664968, they are very friendly[/quote]

HI Dear.
Thanks for your advise, i did ring that no and sorted out the stuff.

fortune
Newly Registered

hi

Post by fortune » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:18 pm

well as I have joined recently,can anyone tell me what outside agency means ?, thanks

lecapre
Newly Registered

Post by lecapre » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:04 pm

to everyone on this board, thank you so much for being here!!
i got my approval letter yesterday (letter was read to me over the phone while i was in work) and i burst into tears in the reception area....but for these 27 months i have been waiting, i kept coming to this forum, just read, and see, and hope...and you guys gave me hope...thank you so so much...and for everyone who is still waiting, im sure your turn is coming soon :) hang in there guys, and thanks!! :*

patiently waiting
Newly Registered

Re: hi

Post by patiently waiting » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:22 pm

[quote="fortune"]well as I have joined recently,can anyone tell me what outside agency means ?, thanks[/quote]

There are two agencies INIS sends requests to: 1- GARDA vetting unit; 2- Social welfare office. It takes average 3 months to get those reports back, but sometimes ( for inknown reasons), it can take longer.
Good luck with application!

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:31 pm

tesla wrote:I received approval in the morning (950€ bank draft, two colour photographs, GNIB Card sent today)
Applied: February 2011
Acknowledgement: Mart 2011
LTR Applied:December 2010
LTR Approved: May 2011
Last week in august file was sent to minister's office
5 years work permit
One penalty point
Processing time exactly 8 months
CONGRATULATIONS! That is really very quick I personally know another person who got his LTR three months ago and yesterday he also got his approval
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:34 pm

churchholigan wrote:I received approval today as well after couple of days of worries. Anyway, my time as following:

Came as work permit holder in 2002
Applied in Citizenship and LTR at the same time in Mar 2007
Application sent back to me because solicitor's signature was not acceptable
Applied again in end of May 2007
Got acknowledge letter and 68 ref number from INIS July 2007
I left the country for family reason
Got LTR in Jan 2009
Additional documents requested in May 2009
Could not submit document but INIS delayed my application
Applied for WCATT in September 2011 and received WCATT approval in mid October 2011
Additional documents submitted July 2011. No acknowledge letter from INIS
Sent a second letter in August 2011 and asked for update. Also no reply from INIS.
Sent in more additional documents (payslips and bank statements) at the end of August 2011 and received acknowledge letter from INIS 1st of September.
Been told 2 weeks ago by INIS file sent to minister for decision at the end of September 2011.
Got approval today

Everyone waiting. Best of luck!
CONGRATULATIONS! I remember one of your very disappointed Post on this Forum, I am sure you would be feeling over the MOON now :wink:
Have a happy Future!!!
PIKKA

PIKKA

Re: Hi All

Post by PIKKA » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:36 pm

Sohanjanvi wrote:I called INIS yesterday and was quickly got connected.Lady told me that on 18th your letter has been issued and hopefully you will get it tomorrow. So Guys i at least got it today. Thanks God, my ordeal is over. One more guy i know from 2007 has received today as well.

Also can someone help me,as i sent my GNIB card back,and i am going to travel on Tuesday out of this country, What is your advise?
Will it be OK and what about when i will arrive back at Airport?

My time line is:

Came as work permit holder in 2001
Got 4 work permits
In 2005 i got Stamp 4 based on Irish born child.
Applied Citizenship in Feb 2008
Got acknowledge letter and 68 ref number from INIS Feb 2008
In Feb 2011 call, still waiting from Outer Agencies Reports.
Additional documents (payslips, bank statements, Birth Cert, Marriage Cert, P21 for last year 2010) requested in June 2011
Additional documents submitted July 2011. Received acknowledge letter from INIS in early July.
End Sep 2011 call, Too much post, Reports are not yet in your file. May be in back lodge of post(4 weeks behind)
Got approval today
Sent 950,2 Foto, GNIB card today.
Waiting 4 ceremony
Best Wishes and Good luck to all, Hopefully speed is up now again. Thanks all for your support.
CONGRATULATIONS! What a relief after such a long Journey. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:43 pm

realhope wrote: hello evryone
finally the good news arrived. got the approval yesterday.
Timeline
arrived in ireland 1998
applied for citizenship based on 5 years working visa sep 2009
i wish everyone who is waiting the best. and congratulations for everyone who got approved.
a quick question for people who got their naturalisation certificate.
will the name that appears on the naturalisation certificate be the same as the one on your passport. i mean can you have your middle name in the passport even though its not on your naturalisation certificate?
many thanks
CONGRATULATIONS!
It appears to me that you did not mention your middle name in the citizenship application and now you want to put that on Passport, in my opinion if you have your middle name on the Birth Cert then there should be no problem otherwise you can ask some one professional. I mentioned Birth Cert because it is compulsory to send Birth Cert with your Passport Application
PIKKA

realhope

Post by realhope » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:06 pm

PIKKA wrote:
Timeline
arrived in ireland 1998
i wish everyone who is waiting the best. and congratulations for everyone who got approved.
will the name that appears on the naturalisation certificate be the same as the one on your passport. i mean can you have your middle name in the passport even though its not on your naturalisation certificate?
many thanks
CONGRATULATIONS!
It appears to me that you did not mention your middle name in the citizenship application and now you want to put that on Passport, in my opinion if you have your middle name on the Birth Cert then there should be no problem otherwise you can ask some one professional. I mentioned Birth Cert because it is compulsory to send Birth Cert with your Passport Application
thanks Pikka
thats correct. one point to mention that i have my middle name on my GNIB card. on my birth cert it gives names of me /father/grandfather
and the middle name i have on my GNIB and on my current passport is the first letter of both father and granfather
any idea what i should do?
thanks
WITH MY BEST WISHES FOR ALL WAITING FOR THE POSTMAN

uniemperor
BANNED

Post by uniemperor » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:30 pm

realhope wrote:
PIKKA wrote:
Timeline
arrived in ireland 1998
many thanks
CONGRATULATIONS!
thanks Pikka
thats correct. one point to mention that i have my middle name on my GNIB card. on my birth cert it gives names of me /father/grandfather
and the middle name i have on my GNIB and on my current passport is the first letter of both father and granfather
thanks
Are they mad again about your grandfather name and surnames aswell, i their creterial of granting of CON aswell ? :lol:

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:34 pm

realhope wrote:thanks Pikka
thanks
It seems OK to me, there should be no problem at all because if there are only the first letters still they are there because of some body's name and on the Passport Application Form very first Question of Section2 'A' they are asking "Name to Appear on Passport" So, you can give your middle name there.
PIKKA

One day

Post by One day » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:42 pm

Hi all

Congrats to all whom got there approvals

is there anybody from 2008 still waiting for a decision ?

Green land

Post by Green land » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:47 pm

Guys, I am a bit confused.

What should be sent to INIS after receiving the approval letter? Do we need to send original passport or not. What original travel document they are talking about in the letter?

Second thing I still dont get is after receiving the CON is it sufficient to post only the fee, 4 photos and the CON itself to obtain Irish passport? Do we need to send birth certificate or not?

Thanks a lot!

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:53 pm

AUCK wrote:sorry guys can any one help me with this?

It appears my current GNIB card is expired a month ago. I was unable to renew it because of my work permit still in process. But on 21.10 the citizenship division requested for the original GNIB card so that I wonder do I have to renew my GNIB card based on dependent i.e stamp 3. Or will I send my expired card which is stamp 1.

can anyone tell me do I need a valid GNIB card for the citizenship division ?

please let me know.
Same case I have seen on this Forum so I am going to quote his/her experience
Stranger2Citizen wrote:My GNIB card expired on 22/06/2011. :D On 04/07/2011 I received the call for citizenship. the letter request me to send the 950 fee and the GNIB card before they send me the date to attend the oath ceremony.Do I have to renew the card before I send it in or could I save the 150 euro ?
Please advise
Stranger2Citizen wrote:@Alpha_1
I am writing just to update you as requested
I finally sent the expired GNIB on 6th July,after 1 week I received a phone call to attend the Citizenship Ceremony on July 28th. So I took the oath of loyalty and received my CoN on that day :P
So I take it the expired GNIB was not an issue at that stage
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:01 pm

Green land wrote:Quick question for all who already got their passports:

When did you get back your documents that were sent with the application form initially? Was it before the ceremony?

Can you use the same birth certificate when you apply for the passport? I suppose you have to get it back from the Dept. in order to do that.
*I think you are a bit confused as you can only apply Passport after taking an oath in the Ceremony; you have to send your Original Certificate of Naturalization with Passport Application
*Other thing they send back all the Original documents with your New Irish Passport
*And you have to submit your Original Long Form Birth Cert with the Passport Application Form whether you have used it before or not
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:04 pm

uniemperor wrote:You may and you may not, because Naturalisation Certificate is enough i presume.
No Sir you have to Submit your Birth Cert with your Passport Application it is COMPULSORY. Sorry to say but you are behaving like angelcountry, are you back?
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:16 pm

lecapre wrote:to everyone on this board, thank you so much for being here!!
i got my approval letter yesterday (letter was read to me over the phone while i was in work) and i burst into tears in the reception area....but for these 27 months i have been waiting, i kept coming to this forum, just read, and see, and hope...and you guys gave me hope...thank you so so much...and for everyone who is still waiting, im sure your turn is coming soon :) hang in there guys, and thanks!! :*
CONGRATULATIONS!
I can understand your emotions and I really think that after such a long wait and Frustration about 90% People want to burst into tears but they go into Shock and don't feel any thing and their eyes remain dry.
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:19 pm

One day wrote:Hi all

I AM :?
PIKKA

uniemperor
BANNED

Post by uniemperor » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:43 pm

PIKKA wrote:
realhope wrote:thanks Pikka
thanks
It seems OK to me, there should be no problem at all because if there are only the first letters still they are there because of some body's name and on the Passport Application Form very first Question of Section2 'A' they are asking "Name to Appear on Passport" So, you can give your middle name there.
Busted!!!!

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:45 pm

Green land wrote:Guys, I am a bit confused.

What should be sent to INIS after receiving the approval letter? Do we need to send original passport or not. What original travel document they are talking about in the letter?

Second thing I still dont get is after receiving the CON is it sufficient to post only the fee, 4 photos and the CON itself to obtain Irish passport? Do we need to send birth certificate or not?

Thanks a lot!
Firstly you don't have to send your National Passport i-e Previous or dual Nationality holder (if you have Refugee Passport then return it)
Secondly it is compulsory to submit Birth Cert with your Passport Application otherwise they would send your application back or ask for it again resulting in delay, below is the link for Irish Passport Application
http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=84782
I hope this will help........
PIKKA

Green land

Post by Green land » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:07 pm

Thank you Pikka!

I was under the impression that INIS have my original birth cert but I just found it at home. Thought I sent them the original... It was so long ago no wonder I forgot what actually happened......

I hope there will be more approvals coming next week. It is a very strange feeling when everybody around you are getting theirs & you are still waiting and asking yourself "why?"..... Did not expect that.....

Sohanjanvi
Newly Registered

Post by Sohanjanvi » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:44 am

PIKKA wrote:
Sohanjanvi wrote:I called INIS yesterday and was quickly got connected.Lady told me that on 18th your letter has been issued and hopefully you will get it tomorrow. So Guys i at least got it today. Thanks God, my ordeal is over. One more guy i know from 2007 has received today as well.

Also can someone help me,as i sent my GNIB card back,and i am going to travel on Tuesday out of this country, What is your advise?
Will it be OK and what about when i will arrive back at Airport?

My time line is:

Came as work permit holder in 2001
Got 4 work permits
In 2005 i got Stamp 4 based on Irish born child.
Applied Citizenship in Feb 2008
Got acknowledge letter and 68 ref number from INIS Feb 2008
In Feb 2011 call, still waiting from Outer Agencies Reports.
Additional documents (payslips, bank statements, Birth Cert, Marriage Cert, P21 for last year 2010) requested in June 2011
Additional documents submitted July 2011. Received acknowledge letter from INIS in early July.
End Sep 2011 call, Too much post, Reports are not yet in your file. May be in back lodge of post(4 weeks behind)
Got approval today
Sent 950,2 Foto, GNIB card today.
Waiting 4 ceremony
Best Wishes and Good luck to all, Hopefully speed is up now again. Thanks all for your support.
CONGRATULATIONS! What a relief after such a long Journey. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!
Thank you very much PIKKA, May God bless you and all of those , still in waiting game.Wish you best of luck dear.Hope to see you on the ceremony day together.

beady eye

Post by beady eye » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:00 am

PIKKA wrote:
One day wrote:Hi all

I AM :?
dont worry pikka u get urs soon may be next week brown harp evnelop.
@ oneday: i am also 08 dude..keep hopes up get urs soon too.
congrats to alll guyz who got approvls.