ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

billo

Re: Didn't submit sponcer suporting letter

Post by billo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:18 pm

londongood wrote:HI I am new here can some one help me My wife applied for spouse visa from karachi 21st jun 2010 AS i red here ppl says had to submit sponsor letter which i didn't i thought i am giving my all documents so tht means i am supporting her .so if there is no sponcer letter wud this effect on her application plz answer me
Although it's useful to have one, it's not a requirement. Did you cover all other bases: accomodation, finances, genuine relationship?
If you did then I wouldn't worry too much about it. I know of sevaral people who didn't submit sponsor letter but were still granted the spouse visa.

londongood

Post by londongood » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:31 pm

Thanks for your reply billo
YES I DID PROVIDE ALL EVIDENCE ACTULLY I GOT LIVE IN JOB AND MY BOSS GAVE ME LETTER THT I LIVE HERE AND I GOT ONE BEDROOM FLATE PROVIDE BY HIM SO DO YOU THINK THIS LETTER WUD BE OK? AND MY MARRIAGE IS GENUINE WE GOT MARRIED 2 JAN 2010 THE SAME DAY I ARRIVED PAKISTAN AND I SATYED THERE TILL 7TH FEB 2010 MY WIFE HAD VISIT VISA FOR UK B4 I WENT THERE SO SHE CAME WITH ME 7TH FEB AND WE WENT BACK 6TH JUNE 2010 AND SHE APPLIED 21 JUNE2010 FROM KARACHI AND I HAD FLIGHT TO BACK UK SAME DAY SO WE BEEN 2GATHER SINCE WE MARRIED SO I HOPE THIS SHUD BE OK

billo

Post by billo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:42 pm

for those of you who may end up applying for a British Passport for your child in Pakistan see this link:

http://ukinpakistan.fco.gov.uk/en/help- ... sportforms

just in case your child does end up being born in Pakistan, best to be prepared with whatever may be required.

billo

Post by billo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:04 pm

londongood wrote:Thanks for your reply billo
YES I DID PROVIDE ALL EVIDENCE ACTULLY I GOT LIVE IN JOB AND MY BOSS GAVE ME LETTER THT I LIVE HERE AND I GOT ONE BEDROOM FLATE PROVIDE BY HIM SO DO YOU THINK THIS LETTER WUD BE OK? AND MY MARRIAGE IS GENUINE WE GOT MARRIED 2 JAN 2010 THE SAME DAY I ARRIVED PAKISTAN AND I SATYED THERE TILL 7TH FEB 2010 MY WIFE HAD VISIT VISA FOR UK B4 I WENT THERE SO SHE CAME WITH ME 7TH FEB AND WE WENT BACK 6TH JUNE 2010 AND SHE APPLIED 21 JUNE2010 FROM KARACHI AND I HAD FLIGHT TO BACK UK SAME DAY SO WE BEEN 2GATHER SINCE WE MARRIED SO I HOPE THIS SHUD BE OK
I couldn't really say about your accomodation situation, I'm just learning as I go along as well. Should be fine inshallah. The application is in now so I would advice that you don't worry, you can't change anything. Just do dua that you have a successful outcome. Don't get stressed, whatever happens now will happen. I know it may be hard but please try not to find holes in your application. Ishallah it will be ok.

londongood

Post by londongood » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:22 pm

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT BILLO
I AM NOT STRESED I GOT MY OWN PROPERTY WHICH I RENTED OUT I PROVIDED MY LAND REGISTRY ASWELL .I WORK IN HOTEL AND MY JOB NATURE IS THT I HAVE TO BE HERE 24 HOURS THTS WHY I BEEN GIVEN THIS FLATE WHICH S IN HOTEL ASWELL

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:49 am

billo wrote:for those of you who may end up applying for a British Passport for your child in Pakistan see this link:

http://ukinpakistan.fco.gov.uk/en/help- ... sportforms

just in case your child does end up being born in Pakistan, best to be prepared with whatever may be required.
God forbid! Although matyai is cheaper there :P Thanks
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:45 am

LONDONGOOD

Please do not type in capital letters :x

NAZ786

Post by NAZ786 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:48 am

Aoq, just like to know anyone who has applied for Visa Settlement in May 2010 in Islamabad had any response as they are taking so long for some reason? :?

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:58 am

that is right - no one from the May crowd posted an update yet.

NAZ786

Post by NAZ786 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:14 pm

I found this information hope it's useful! :D

BHC Islamabad = The British High Commission in Islamabad

Islamabad OC = This is the term used for applications sent to Abu Dhabi.

Due to the volume of applications and staff shortage at BHC Islamabad, half of
the applications are being sent to Abu Dhabi to be processed and cut the workload.

yaz107
Newly Registered

Post by yaz107 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:15 pm

thats because us from the April crowd are still waiting! lol

Our 12 weeks will be up end of next week. After I have a decision I am going to do a long letter of complaint pointing out that according to their "Guide to processing times" they can process 66% of applications in 2 days, 71% in 3 days, 78% in 5 days, 85% in 10 days and so on but when it comes to 90% region it takes 15 days to do around 2 % of applications. Why the sudden slow down? Maybe its too hot.

NAZ786

Post by NAZ786 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:16 pm

"yaz107"
They state that you should be informed within the 12 Weeks? All the Applicants are facing this problem! the decision should be made by now? but are the Gerry centre's informing applicants on time? :(

Step 7 - Wait for a decision

Wait for a decision on your visa application. Please refer to the 'Guide to Processing Times' page on this website for more information on our processing times in Pakistan. You can use this information as a guide to our recent performance, although it cannot be used as a guarantee of your individual visa application processing time. Visa applications are assessed individually and processing times may vary. You can also use the free 'Track your Application' service on this website; or the SMS text service (fee payable) to receive texts about the progress of your visa application. Please see the 'Additional Services' page on this website for more information.

Hope this is useful!

Inshallah hope you hear good news...

Yousafa

Post by Yousafa » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:39 pm

yaz107 wrote:thats because us from the April crowd are still waiting! lol

Our 12 weeks will be up end of next week. After I have a decision I am going to do a long letter of complaint pointing out that according to their "Guide to processing times" they can process 66% of applications in 2 days, 71% in 3 days, 78% in 5 days, 85% in 10 days and so on but when it comes to 90% region it takes 15 days to do around 2 % of applications. Why the sudden slow down? Maybe its too hot.
Yaz,

I was thinking the same thing myself and the only conclusion I can reach is that these 2% of applications are ones where the BHC are confirming something in the application and are awaiting a response from someone.

I guess if they are using post as a form of communication then they will need to allow around 4 days for sending and recieving and then will give a time frame for the response to be received by FOr arguments sake lets say this is 10 days, so straight away to check something the application will take 15 days extra.

Please note this is an assumption and a personal view.

Best of luck to all

MA786

Post by MA786 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:45 pm

@above

the delay is not with UKBA = its with BHC Isl

UKBA are turning cases around

billo

Post by billo » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:23 pm

NAZ786, been a while since you been on the board. How is your appeal going?

NAZ786

Post by NAZ786 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:42 pm

Hi Billo sorry i am another Naz! she was Nazia786...

billo

Post by billo » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:53 pm

LOL, my mistake...

yaz107
Newly Registered

Post by yaz107 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:30 pm

Yousafa and MA786:

Personally, I dont think that is the reason because they have definitely not contacted my employers or anyone else in relation to my application. Also in this forum many people who have got decisions say the decisions were made in early June or late May but they are being informed just now.

I know they must have a lot of applications but again, if they can complete 66% of applications in 6 weeks I'm sure they can do so with the rest too - well, at least not take another six weeks.

Whether its UKBA or BHC they need to sort it out.

I'm normally very patient but its very frustrating, cannot book holidays or plan anything in case....

rant over

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:47 pm

AOA 786

YAZ You are rite it is very hard time for all who is the waiting process so please do DUA,s that every body will get their visas .

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:01 pm

Q4sim how you doing mate???

How far have you gone with your application??when you will be submitting?
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:08 pm

zeddy zed wrote:
navalaviator wrote:
zeddy zed wrote:navalaviator and qasim when are u guys submiting ur applications
We are submitting at Islamabad VAC :)
And what about you?I mean where you will submit yours :)
i am submiting mine in begining of august at mirpur vac, i will be travelling there myself to submit

navalaviator which date are u submiting the case?
navalaviator which date are u submiting the case
Inshallah very soon i will let you know when i do so :)
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

azzy
Newly Registered

spouse visa

Post by azzy » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:22 pm

asalam all :!: :!: :!:
been reading through this topic very informative and helpful.

just wondering if anyone knows a decent place like solicitors or immigration advice company close to dewsbury area to an application together for me to sponsor my wife to come over on a spouse visa.

thanks in advance

insha alla i make dua that everyones applications are granted asap

p.s really good work batleykhan keep it up (may allah reward you for your work)

k_khan

Post by k_khan » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:36 pm

my manager recieved a call on thursday and i applied on the 10/05/10

batleykhan

Re: spouse visa

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:58 pm

azzy wrote:asalam all :!: :!: :!:
been reading through this topic very informative and helpful.

just wondering if anyone knows a decent place like solicitors or immigration advice company close to dewsbury area to an application together for me to sponsor my wife to come over on a spouse visa.

thanks in advance

insha alla i make dua that everyones applications are granted asap

p.s really good work batleykhan keep it up (may allah reward you for your work)
Well I just live a couple of miles away from you in Batley :lol:

Shakiya
Newly Registered

Post by Shakiya » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:59 pm

Azzy I know of a good solicitor in Halifax. He is very good and well established. Believe me I got it wrong advice the first time round from a solicitor was well l known.... my husband's visa was refused and this solicitor in Halifax help me put things right in the appeal. I would recommend him. If you like I can pass you his details.

May be BatleyKhan can advise you too.