ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

June 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jd786
Newly Registered

Re: June 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by jd786 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:35 pm

Londoner078 wrote:
jd786 wrote:Hi guys I just came to update I got my nationality letter on the 24th March I was on holiday I applied on the 12th June 2014 got my nationality certificate on the 22nd April and I have applied for British passport on the 24th :) wish you good luck who's waiting I did sent a email to the complain department and told them if home office is in back log they should complete the old application first after that I got my approval:)
congratulations man im happy for you :)
i did make complain but nothing i received the 3-6 month letter instead.. :/
I made complain again in first one they send me letter 3-6 months but I made complain again and I received my approval

Aqiboss
Newly Registered

Post by Aqiboss » Tue May 12, 2015 1:28 pm

Thank you for your email correspondence of 27 April about your application for naturalisation as a British citizen submitted on 4 June 2014.

I am sorry that you felt our service did not meet your expectations on this occasion and that you experienced some difficulties in obtaining information when you telephoned the Customer Contact Centre on 7 April. I can confirm that due to technical difficulties, our staff were unable to access case information records. I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I am sorry for the delay in dealing with your application. The recent inspection of Nationality casework by the Independent Chief Inspector of Borders and Immigration highlighted that he believed that greater scrutiny was required with regard to immigration history.

Published guidance has now been clarified to make it clear that some cases will be subject to further scrutiny dependent on whether certain factors are found in their immigration history.

Examples of relevant factors include:

· Criminality.
· Previous refusal of asylum.
· Previous grant of a period of Leave to remain exceptionally outside the Immigration Rules.
· Periods of overstaying between previous applications.
· Evidence of illegal working or illegal entry.
· European Nationals who do not provide evidence of Permanent Residence in UK.
· Failure to comply with immigration reporting restrictions.
· Financial irregularities.

This is of course not an exhaustive list, simply an indication of the some of the factors which would trigger a higher level of scrutiny, the relevant guidance can be found at:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... structions

While we updated and clarified these rules a number of cases did not progress within our usual timescale. We are now clearing cases and straightforward cases continue to be decided well within our six month service standard. If a case cannot be decided within that timescale customers will be contacted individually as early as possible in the process to explain why. Please be aware that you do not need to contact us again unless your circumstances change significantly.

Please do not contact the UKVI Contact Centre regarding the progress of your case as they will not be able to provide any further information. This also applies to any family members whose applications for citizenship were submitted at the same time.

If you are dissatisfied with our response to your complaint, you may wish to seek a review in writing within one month from the date on this letter to the following address:

UKV&I Complaints Allocation Hub
Lunar House
Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

cryloud
Newly Registered

Re: August 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by cryloud » Tue May 12, 2015 2:26 pm

Hi guys. any out there still waiting for august 2014 application.
I always lucky with other things, but with H.O i never had any luck. I have being waiting,called twice same story,
my brain are full of stress. I cannot stay a day without thinking about when my golden brown evelop gonna cum true my letter box.
I wish not to see post man near my house without brown evelop on his hand, I'm tired of waiting at the door or looking out from the windows like a dog.

If anyone still waiting for august 2014 application. please let me know.
I'm really feeling sad about the way h.o handle my application.

I never had any trouble with police,no criminal record, no driving offence.
Maybe because I work like a mad man, to care for my family. That's the only problem I can think of.

Please guys help me with some advice please.

Aqiboss
Newly Registered

Post by Aqiboss » Tue May 12, 2015 3:08 pm

cryloud wrote:Hi guys. any out there still waiting for august 2014 application.
I always lucky with other things, but with H.O i never had any luck. I have being waiting,called twice same story,
my brain are full of stress. I cannot stay a day without thinking about when my golden brown evelop gonna cum true my letter box.
I wish not to see post man near my house without brown evelop on his hand, I'm tired of waiting at the door or looking out from the windows like a dog.

Maybe because I work like a mad man, to care for my family. That's the only problem I can think of.

Well fella I am here from 4th June and still waiting

Sonnyboy8011

Post by Sonnyboy8011 » Tue May 12, 2015 9:23 pm

Same here,I'm waiting from 14/August/2014 and after 9 months they sent me a letter asked me to send proof of residency for the period of 2009 to 2011 after living in this country for 11 years and paying tax plus been in uni..I dint knw why they asked for this period ???..what about the rest of the 9 years I'm here'!!!...it makes me think who's really doing the job there..hw for god sake it's possible to ask a man who lived here for 11 years to provide residency for 2 years out of this 11 years...mate it's not about ur crb and tax..it's just about luck,ur name and the place ur come from...

Sonnyboy8011

Post by Sonnyboy8011 » Tue May 12, 2015 9:29 pm

Anyway I called revenue to send me the record of my national insurance contributions for that period to send them..I'm not even bother to call or send letter to say check ur file and see how long I'm here and check to see I got ILR after 3 months of entering to UK...just I send them this evidence and hope for outcome..citizenship it's not important to me anymore and the only reason I'm doing this extra to get my money worth ,otherwise I don't have no more joy for it..it's not special to me anymore...almost 10 months I waited and checked post box ..enough is enough ..I don't care ..even if they refuse me because of Some new made up rules like why I got hazel coloured eye ...lolllll...seriously it's not important to me...

cryloud
Newly Registered

Post by cryloud » Sat May 16, 2015 11:55 am

@sonnyboy.you abit right, this H.O things are tired me. I am thinking of asking them my money back plus interest on top. I'm already planning to apply for my national passport and move back home. even the money I have paid h.o plus interest,that would be enough for me to start farm in Africa.
Free land.

I had enough of h.o playing with my life.
I be working for the past 10 years in this country, I earm 20k before tax. no criminal record, no driving offence, no trouble with the police. I'm not on benefit.

The only I knew I got is, I work hard to feed my family.
I don't ask for government help.

I knew they playing with me before I got Africa name.

I had enough.

Londoner078
Newly Registered

Post by Londoner078 » Sat May 16, 2015 5:39 pm

Im waiting since 16th of June 2014, whatever they tell people is just bunch of B.S, if they dont like your name or your nationality they put your folder under thousands of other papers! cuz they know there is nothing you can do
they are bunch of irresponsible, unprofessional and dearly beloved! otherwise for UK and its secret service shouldnt take this long to find out about someones whole family, they lie thats all.

Aqiboss
Newly Registered

Post by Aqiboss » Fri May 29, 2015 2:00 am

Any updates ?

A.Jadoon

Post by A.Jadoon » Fri May 29, 2015 5:58 pm

Aqiboss wrote:Any updates ?
No good news to tell yet. It's been 1 whole year and our files are catching dust in their store room. :roll:

biki5
Newly Registered

Post by biki5 » Fri May 29, 2015 8:06 pm

Finally my wait it's over just now I received the invitation letter from the council for the ceremony I apply on 13 June 2014 after nearly 1 year I'm happy it's positive i did receive the famous letter 3-6 months on 6 may after I complained
Hope all the June applicant will take them invitation soon

A.Jadoon

Post by A.Jadoon » Fri May 29, 2015 9:20 pm

biki5 wrote:Finally my wait it's over just now I received the invitation letter from the council for the ceremony I apply on 13 June 2014 after nearly 1 year I'm happy it's positive i did receive the famous letter 3-6 months on 6 may after I complained
Congratulations mate. Have you received any letter from the H.O or it's just an invitation letter from the council.

biki5
Newly Registered

Post by biki5 » Fri May 29, 2015 9:34 pm

A.Jadoon wrote:
biki5 wrote:Finally my wait it's over just now I received the invitation letter from the council for the ceremony I apply on 13 June 2014 after nearly 1 year I'm happy it's positive i did receive the famous letter 3-6 months on 6 may after I complained
Congratulations mate. Have you received any letter from the H.O or it's just an invitation letter from the council.
Till today only the invitation I will see on Monday

Knowledge_is_Power

Post by Knowledge_is_Power » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:10 pm

Attendence please! (If you're still an active member)
How many people are still waiting??

Aqiboss
Newly Registered

Post by Aqiboss » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:18 pm

Knowledge_is_Power wrote:Attendence please! (If you're still an active member)

Lol from 6th June

A.Jadoon

Post by A.Jadoon » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:36 pm

Aqiboss wrote:
Knowledge_is_Power wrote:Attendence please! (If you're still an active member)

Lol from 6th June
Present Sir..... from 16th june ......

Londoner078
Newly Registered

Post by Londoner078 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:36 pm

@Biki Congratulations mate, Im happy for you

I also wanted to let you guys know that I received my approval last Friday the 29/05 also an invitation for the ceremony, and I applied on 16/06/2014, so it took 11 month, I also received the 3-6 month letter last February,
however here are some tips to those who have not received it yet, I would definitely recommend the complain, because after the second complain I had to do the 3rd one through MP to parliamentary ombudsman, and i believe in my case this was very helpful, I called home office 3 weeks ago and even though i still haven't submitted my complain through parliamentary ombudsman, they were already aware of the telephone conversation I had with them, the guy in home office told me that you will receive your approval soon, but I still decided to carry on and submit my complain which i guess did scare them cuz the advisers in ombudsman were shocked that i waited this long and they were very happy to take this further, I would definitely recommend that
we all understand each other's frustration for waiting this long and I really hope every single of you receive theirs ASAP!
thanks for all the support and information, i will be still checking to see if you guys got your approvals or not.
good luck to everyone.

kkb

Post by kkb » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:14 pm

Hi, congratulations!
May I know which e mail id you used to sent your complaint to home office because i sent email to furthernationalityenquiries and they sent generic reply.

Sonnyboy8011

Post by Sonnyboy8011 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:03 pm

kkb wrote:Hi, congratulations!
May I know which e mail id you used to sent your complaint to home office because i sent email to furthernationalityenquiries and they sent generic reply.

complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

alatrish
Newly Registered

Post by alatrish » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:16 pm

Finally the approval came through
applied on 11th July 2014
approval received 19th June 2015 letter dated 13th June 2015

Thanks and i wish all of you will receive yours soon

A.Jadoon

Post by A.Jadoon » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:16 pm

Good day to all of you.

Anyone still waiting from June or am I the only one?

Londoner078
Newly Registered

Post by Londoner078 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:28 pm

A.Jadoon wrote:Good day to all of you.

are you still waiting? thats unbelievable, you must complain up to the third stage which is the Parliamentary and health service Ombudsman through your MP, that would help
wish you luck :)

A.Jadoon

Post by A.Jadoon » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:31 pm

Londoner078 wrote:

are you still waiting? thats unbelievable, you must complain up to the third stage which is the Parliamentary and health service Ombudsman through your MP, that would help
Thanks for your advice mate. I've already complaint twice to the home office and now I think I'm gonna take your advice and write it to my local MP to take it to Parliamentary Ombudsman.
I don't understand that being a straight forward case, Why it's taking them so long. 10yrs lawfull residence, 1yr Permanent residence infact it's been 2yrs since I had my permanent residency. I had no gaps in between my visas either.

Londoner078
Newly Registered

Post by Londoner078 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:59 pm

A.Jadoon wrote:
Londoner078 wrote:

Thanks for your advice mate. I've already complaint twice to the home office and now I think I'm gonna take your advice and write it to my local MP to take it to Parliamentary Ombudsman.
I don't understand that being a straight forward case, Why it's taking them so long. 10yrs lawfull residence, 1yr Permanent residence infact it's been 2yrs since I had my permanent residency. I had no gaps in between my visas either.
your welcome, I know the feeling
its so frustrating waiting this long when people who applied way after you got their approvals!
yea try that and i really hope it works for you too :)

jitu_2677

Post by jitu_2677 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:38 pm

So many application still pending don't know when they will finish.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ex%201.pdf