ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

route43
Newly Registered

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by route43 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:58 pm

Hi all,

I've been ghosting these forums for over a month now looking at countless application timelines and trying to gauge when I will receive my decision - 2 months, 3,4,5..etc. I have now received my PR and I am very surprised of how quick the whole process was.

I have applied as a EU citizen, on the basis of 5 years continuos residence. I have exercised multiple treaty rights during my time in the UK. Here's my timeline:

Application Received: 15th of September
Confirmation of receipt email: 22nd of September
Residence Card Issued: 21st of October
Received: 24th of October (Saturday delivery!)

I am amazed at how quick this was. Way sooner than I expected. It took me 2 weeks to prepare the application. Good luck to everyone!

Teegold
Newly Registered

Post by Teegold » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:13 am

@sidcostas, A big congratulations! Am happy for you. Have been looking forward to this good news from you. Am glad it's worth the wait in the end!

Duayen
Newly Registered

Post by Duayen » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:28 pm

Hello All,

My wife is EU citizen and I am non-EU citizen. We both are going to apply for EEA PR. I am a bit confused with the application form, because now there is only one form for both. We were going to submit two separate forms, because the form is structured such that some sections applicable only to EU citizens (without sponsor) and some to non-EU with sponsor. I called to HO and was told that we can submit only one application form i.e. she as a main applicant including me as a family member. I went through the form again and it does not make sense, some sections and questions I should answer and submit evidences not applicable for EU citizen and vice-versa, if my wife submit the application from on her name, I will not be able to provide some key information.

For example:
- biometric information or request for one, only required for non EU citizen
- proofing the relationships with sponsor, again the same, EU citizen should skip the section and I must to submit evidences.

My question is, should we submit two separate forms in one envelop/package or one as I was advised by HO's adviser?

Another question, from your expense would the submission of two forms can potentially delay the application?

Thanks for any reply.

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:14 pm

Aww Guys, Thank you very much for all the support messages, I confess that i have been sleeping a lot better. I Just wanted to point a few things about my application, I have sent so many documents, bank statements, bills etc.. But they came back exactly as i put them on that folder, the only documents the HO actually took out of the folder was mine and my partner P60's employer letter, the council bills and the civil partnership certificate. All the other documents were untouched, So I'm sure whoever haven;t received their PR yet its just because a case worker hasn't got to your application yet and not because they are checking item by item, they will only chose what they think is relevant, and this documents i mentioned above were sent in a separate envelope from the others with a not "valuable documents" so guys relax and your PR will be on the way to you very soon.

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:26 pm

Duayen wrote:Hello All,

My wife is EU citizen and I am non-EU citizen. We both are going to apply for EEA PR. I am a bit confused with the application form, because now there is only one form for both. We were going to submit two separate forms, because the form is structured such that some sections applicable only to EU citizens (without sponsor) and some to non-EU with sponsor. I called to HO and was told that we can submit only one application form i.e. she as a main applicant including me as a family member. I went through the form again and it does not make sense, some sections and questions I should answer and submit evidences not applicable for EU citizen and vice-versa, if my wife submit the application from on her name, I will not be able to provide some key information.

For example:
- proofing the relationships with sponsor, again the same, EU citizen should skip the section and I must to submit evidences.

My question is, should we submit two separate forms in one envelop/package or one as I was advised by HO's adviser?

Another question, from your expense would the submission of two forms can potentially delay the application?

Thanks for any reply.
Hi @ This is very straight forward, Fill up 1 form with your on your wife's name and include you as a family member on the same form, Make sure you sign the biometric bit so you will received the biometric letter, And include everything that is relevant to the application, keep in mind that if your wife is entitled for a PR card and you have lived in the UK for 5 years then you will also be given one, the documents relevant will be your wife documents like last 5 P60 and last 6 months of pay slip, evidence that you both lived in the UK for 5 years or more, This can be 3 different bills per year for each year, proof that you are a family member (marriage certificate), tick the box carefully allowing for payment to be taken, they will charge £65 per applicant, if you don't understand any question on that form just post it here and we will help you out, send your application sit and relax because patience is the key on these applications, If you want to inclose an extra pre paid envelope you can make note of the tracking number and check on the royal mail website when your application be send back to you. No need to send copies of documents, I have just received my PR last week and i have received all copies back. Make sure your wife is the main applicant so that way it might sometimes speed up the process, after you submit your biometric then you will receive your COA with right to work if you prove your wife is exercising treat rights. After receiving your COA you can ask for your passport back if you have to without withdrawing the application.

Good Luck

Beinghuman2015
Newly Registered

Eea 3 application query

Post by Beinghuman2015 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:53 pm

Hi all,
I've got question when you submit ur eea3 application do u really need to submit complete 5 years bank statement or recent 6 month would be enough if u provide all relevant required documents.

Secondly to apply for eea 3 application treaty right starts when person get married or when person enter to uk from european country.

Thanks for help

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:22 am

sidcostas wrote:Hi everyone,
I have received my documents back this morning with my approval letter saying that my PR card will arrive in the next 10 days, but 1 hour after receiving my documents and approval letter I had a courier at my door with an envelope for me and when I opened it was my PR card, with issue date of 21 of October! So happy! Thank You everyone on This fórum for the support messages, I'm very relieved and can't wait to go on holiday! Good luck everyone, everyone will get their PR in the end , so don't worry too much until 6 ,months have passed! I'll still keep being a member of this forum. Keep us updated please and thank you
Fantastic new @sitcostas. Really happy for you. I bet you are
So relieved and getting ready to jet off to somewhere nice and warm. You must have been very supportive to people on this forum and this is so well deserved.

inayat khan
Newly Registered

Post by inayat khan » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:14 pm

Forza_RC wrote:Hello Everyone,

This topic is on applications for a document certifying permanent residence or permanent residence card: form EEA (PR).

Please feel free to share your experiences with us and ask your question(s) about the application form, sections, supporting documents, when to apply, timeline etc. to other EEA-route applicants and moderators.

The most recent, updated version of the form is as follows:

Version 01/2015:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _01-15.pdf

The above form is to be used for applications made on or after 30 January 2015.

Eligibility
You must normally have lived in the UK for a continuous period of five years as:
• an EEA national ‘qualified person’ (worker, self-employed, self-sufficient, student or jobseeker),
• a family member or extended family member* of an EEA national qualified person or permanent resident,
• a former family member of an EEA national if you’ve retained your right of residence after the EEA national died or left the UK, or your/their marriage or civil partnership ended in divorce, annulment or dissolution, or
• a family member of a British citizen who worked or was self-employed in another EEA state before returning to the UK (‘Surinder Singh’ cases).

You can also qualify if you are:
• an EEA national former worker or self-employed person who has ceased activity in the UK because you have retired, are permanently incapacitated, or you’re now working or self-employed
in another EEA state but still retain your residence in the UK,
• the family member or extended family member* of an EEA national who has ceased activity, or
• the family member or extended family member* of an EEA national former worker or self-employed person who has died.

* You can only apply as an extended family member if you’ve held valid residence documentation (registration certificate, residence card, or EEA family permit) throughout the relevant qualifying period.

Hello to every one.

i am new member to this forum,

i am the family memeber of EEA national ( spouse) from non EEa country, and got 5 years resident card in uk , i am going to apply for my PR in 2016 , the question is we took working tax credit in 2012 and 2013 which was 900 pound altogether . does it will affect my Permanent resident card application????

expert advice will be really appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

regards

auxxyy
Newly Registered

Post by auxxyy » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:12 pm

sidcostas wrote:Aww Guys, Thank you very much for all the support messages, I confess that i have been sleeping a lot better. I Just wanted to point a few things about my application, I have sent so many documents, bank statements, bills etc.. But they came back exactly as i put them on that folder, the only documents the HO actually took out of the folder was mine and my partner P60's employer letter, the council bills and the civil partnership certificate. All the other documents were untouched, So I'm sure whoever haven;t received their PR yet its just because a case worker hasn't got to your application yet and not because they are checking item by item, they will only chose what they think is relevant, and this documents i mentioned above were sent in a separate envelope from the others with a not "valuable documents" so guys relax and your PR will be on the way to you very soon.
Congrats @sidcostas, you so deserve your new status! Your updates and comments have been so helpful to myself and loads of people on this platform I believe. Can you please confirm if you received your PR as a vignette in your passport or it came separate as a card?
Thanks

Samy1231986
Newly Registered

Eea timeline 2015 oct latest

Post by Samy1231986 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:26 pm

Non eea pr timelines

Home office received on 2 June 2015

Coa received on 26JUNE2015

Received file back on 24oct 2015

Biometriccard will come after 10 working days from 24OCTOBER 2015..Eea visa approved and They took 5 months to issue to all please wait patiently and Good luck

Samy1231986
Newly Registered

Re: Application for PR or PR cardTimelines

Post by Samy1231986 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:38 pm

Non eea nation application

Biometriccard will come after 10 working days from 24OCTOBER 2015..Eea visa approved and They took 5 months to issue to all please wait patiently and Good luck

Samy1231986
Newly Registered

Non eea pr application time lines

Post by Samy1231986 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:40 pm

Samy1231986
Newly Registered

Re: Application for PR timelines

Post by Samy1231986 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:42 pm

aukro
Newly Registered

Post by aukro » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:31 pm

Well, It looks like that it's time for june applications.
Is there anyone who applied in may and still waiting?

olegunna
Newly Registered

Post by olegunna » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:35 pm

Hi all,
Applied May 27, HO received 2 June. HO called my workplace today to confirm that I worked there don't know if it means they are processing the application or not. Anyone ever had HO call their work to inquire about them?

Misssomer
Newly Registered

Post by Misssomer » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:15 am

I applied in May and am still waiting.
As per one of my previous posts the Home Office received my documents on May 13th, so it's now nearing the end of the 6 month period. :-(

I would think having the HO call your office to confirm you work there is excellent news, as it means they are working on your case.
I run my own business so I don't have a boss for them to call, which makes me slightly nervous, as it would be good to hear that they are working on my case.

Duayen
Newly Registered

Post by Duayen » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:02 am

sidcostas wrote:
Duayen wrote:Hello All,

For example:

Thanks for any reply.
Hi @ This is very straight forward, Fill up 1 form with your on your wife's name and include you as a family member on the same form, Make sure you sign the biometric bit so you will received the biometric letter, And include everything that is relevant to the application, keep in mind that if your wife is entitled for a PR card and you have lived in the UK for 5 years then you will also be given one, the documents relevant will be your wife documents like last 5 P60 and last 6 months of pay slip, evidence that you both lived in the UK for 5 years or more, This can be 3 different bills per year for each year, proof that you are a family member (marriage certificate), tick the box carefully allowing for payment to be taken, they will charge £65 per applicant, if you don't understand any question on that form just post it here and we will help you out, send your application sit and relax because patience is the key on these applications, If you want to inclose an extra pre paid envelope you can make note of the tracking number and check on the royal mail website when your application be send back to you. No need to send copies of documents, I have just received my PR last week and i have received all copies back. Make sure your wife is the main applicant so that way it might sometimes speed up the process, after you submit your biometric then you will receive your COA with right to work if you prove your wife is exercising treat rights. After receiving your COA you can ask for your passport back if you have to without withdrawing the application.

Good Luck
Hi sidcostas. Thanks for reply, very helpful. I am going to submit the application beginning of next week. WIll post about results.

zeb77

Post by zeb77 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:39 pm

Misssomer wrote:I applied in May and am still waiting.
As per one of my previous posts the Home Office received my documents on May 13th, so it's now nearing the end of the 6 month period. :-(

I would think having the HO call your office to confirm you work there is excellent news, as it means they are working on your case.
I run my own business so I don't have a boss for them to call, which makes me slightly nervous, as it would be good to hear that they are working on my case.
hello everyone,
i have too applied on 27 may 2015 as joint application ...no news till now still waiting....and worried too
as now i realise that we both have applied using two forms but posted in the same envolope with common document hope that doesnt delay or refuse my application .this wait is too much .getting sleepless nights. :oops:

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:54 pm

auxxyy wrote:
sidcostas wrote:Aww Guys, Thank you very much for all the support messages, I confess that i have been sleeping a lot better. I Just wanted to point a few things about my application, I have sent so many documents, bank statements, bills etc.. But they came back exactly as i put them on that folder, the only documents the HO actually took out of the folder was mine and my partner P60's employer letter, the council bills and the civil partnership certificate. All the other documents were untouched, So I'm sure whoever haven;t received their PR yet its just because a case worker hasn't got to your application yet and not because they are checking item by item, they will only chose what they think is relevant, and this documents i mentioned above were sent in a separate envelope from the others with a not "valuable documents" so guys relax and your PR will be on the way to you very soon.
Congrats @sidcostas, you so deserve your new status! Your updates and comments have been so helpful to myself and loads of people on this platform I believe. Can you please confirm if you received your PR as a vignette in your passport or it came separate as a card?
Thanks

thank you @ auxxyy, my PR was received as a separate Biometric crd which is the same size of a credit card, the vignette is only issued on applications made before 6 of april 2015. Any application made on or after that should be a biometric one.

Good luck

nel974

Post by nel974 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:49 pm

Hi Friends,
I need your expert advice on my PR please. I am a French national married to an Asian guy we are going to apply for PR. My husband got 5 years residence card which has expired long ago but due to his poor health we could not apply. I have worked as a teacher and gave tuition to different companies,private individuals and intuitions. Please help me with your advice my case is
I didn't know how to fill the self-employment and just recently corrected my returns. I have paid all the payments they asked me to pay on self-employment website, do I have to pay thing else? We never applied for any sort of benefits
We got married in 2007 I was working as teacher assistant.
After few months of waiting (NO work) in September 2008 I started teacher training I was paid and took comprehensive insurance in December 2008. Note I didn't get insurance in September but I was paid during my training by Government.
From 01/07/2009 to 31/01/2010 I had comprehensive insurance but did nothing I also had enough money.
From 01/03/2010 I started working as self-employed. I made my website,twitter and facebook accounts and have good following and feedback, I also printed my business leaflets. I recently updated my returns which are around 9500 per year.
I worked for some companies who took me as part time employee for few hours teaching and others companies just paid me as self-employed, I also work for individuals/group (tuition) who paid me cash in hand.
Now in 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 I worked for different organization who paid straight in my account earning around (14000) and worked for individuals who paid cash earning around (12000).
In year 2012-2013 and few months of 2013-2014 I only worked individuals it was cash in hand, but then I got contracts with good companies who paid in my account, again i was employed part-time with one and self-employed with the other total earning around ( 12000) for 2013-2014.
Now I am full time teacher earning around 3000/month since 01-03-2015.
Please advise me what to do now, should I apply or take a solicitor.
Regards
Last edited by nel974 on Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nel974

Post by nel974 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:49 pm

Hi Friends,
I need your expert advice on my PR please. I am a French national married to an Asian guy we are going to apply for PR. My husband got 5 years residence card which has expired long ago but due to his poor health we could not apply. I have worked as a teacher and gave tuition to different companies,private individuals and intuitions. Please help me with your advice my case is
I didn't know how to fill the self-employment and just recently corrected my returns. I have paid all the payments they asked me to pay on self-employment website, do I have to pay thing else? We never applied for any sort of benefits
We got married in 2007 I was working as teacher assistant.
After few months of waiting (NO work) in September 2008 I started teacher training I was paid and took comprehensive insurance in December 2008. Note I didn't get insurance in September but I was paid during my training by Government.
From 01/07/2009 to 31/01/2010 I had comprehensive insurance but did nothing I also had enough money.
From 01/03/2010 I started working as self-employed. I made my website,twitter and facebook accounts and have good following and feedback, I also printed my business leaflets. I recently updated my returns which are around 9500 per year.
I worked for some companies who took me as part time employee for few hours teaching and others companies just paid me as self-employed, I also work for individuals/group (tuition) who paid me cash in hand.
Now in 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 I worked for different organization who paid straight in my account earning around (14000) and worked for individuals who paid cash earning around (12000).
In year 2012-2013 and few months of 2013-2014 I only worked individuals it was cash in hand, but then I got contracts with good companies who paid in my account, again i was employed part-time with and self-employed with the other total earning around ( 12000) for 2013-2014.
Now I am full time teacher earning around 3000/month since 01-03-2015.
Please advise me what to do now, should I apply or take a solicitor.
Regards

Misssomer
Newly Registered

Post by Misssomer » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:12 pm

liquidweb wrote:
roy_1234 wrote:Hello all

GOOD NEWS
I HAVE GOT MY PR TODAY

Here is my time line to give some idea for those waiting

Sent application on 19 MARCH 2015
HO received on 23 MARCH 2015
Fees paid by cheque
COA recieved 08 APRIL 2015
PR recived today dated 01 SEPT 2015

PLEASE CHECK THE STATUS OF RETURN DELIVERY AT THE POST OFFICE WEB SITE ALSO.
Hello liquidweb

Congratulations Roy. This means it took them close to 5 and half months. This is not going get any better I suppose. I do not expect it to arrive for me before November since I applied in May.
Hello liquidweb,

Have you received your PR yet? I also applied in May (13th) and I'm still waiting for mine.

rag2richies
Newly Registered

Post by rag2richies » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:18 pm

missy4real wrote:Applied for permanent residences on the 23rd of March after retaining my right. Application refused on the 26th of August with right to appeal. Reason for refusal is that the case worker states that I didn't provide enough evidence that my ex spouse was actively exercising his treaty right as self employed. I sent photocopies of all d original documents that I had previously sent during my retention of right application.

My question is shall I go ahead with the appeal or submit a fresh application with as much documents as possible with regards to my ex self employment. How long does appeal take?

Thank you

I think it would be better if you send another application with all the supporting letter they requested for and also include a letter stating that the prevoius caseworker made mistake on your previous application because Appeal might takes time.

Misssomer
Newly Registered

Post by Misssomer » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:54 pm

rag2richies wrote:
missy4real wrote:Applied for permanent residences on the 23rd of March after retaining my right. Application refused on the 26th of August with right to appeal. Reason for refusal is that the case worker states that I didn't provide enough evidence that my ex spouse was actively exercising his treaty right as self employed. I sent photocopies of all d original documents that I had previously sent during my retention of right application.

My question is shall I go ahead with the appeal or submit a fresh application with as much documents as possible with regards to my ex self employment. How long does appeal take?

Thank you

I think it would be better if you send another application with all the supporting letter they requested for and also include a letter stating that the prevoius caseworker made mistake on your previous application because Appeal might takes time.

Did you not send the original documents with your application?

rag2richies
Newly Registered

Post by rag2richies » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:22 pm

birbal wrote:I know that most of the users are interested in non-EU timeline I would like to share my application progress as an EEA citizen:

Application sent: 17/08/2015
Application received: 18/08/2015
Payment taken: 20/08/2015
Acknowledgment e-mail: 25/08/2015
PR Received: 08/09/2015

Yours is not even upto 4weeks... wow that is very fast to what have been reading from others who have been waiting for 5-6months. I also applied with my eea wife as a family member on the same form on 12th october and hopefully, we will get it back with 4-8weeks as they mentioned on the email sent to my wife. They only asked me to give biometric thing which i did on the same day i received the letter.