ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mj8
Newly Registered

Post by mj8 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:06 pm

@Godgives hi pls check your inbox thanks

noonoo
Newly Registered

Post by noonoo » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:02 pm

[quote="noonoo"]I was wondering if anyone knew how long it could take to hear back from the HO after they have requested additional documents.

Thanks[/quote]

I am happy to say that our solicitor received my husbands approved visa today. About 8 weeks since we applied!! Thank God!!

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:15 pm

noonoo wrote:
noonoo wrote:I was wondering if anyone knew how long it could take to hear back from the HO after they have requested additional documents.

Thanks
I am happy to say that our solicitor received my husbands approved visa today. About 8 weeks since we applied!! Thank God!!
noonoo, let me be the first to say congratulations!!!!

Good news at long last. Enjoy!!!!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:26 pm

noonoo wrote:
noonoo wrote:I was wondering if anyone knew how long it could take to hear back from the HO after they have requested additional documents.

Thanks
Wow I remember your story, you waited for reconsideration for 2 years. I am happy you put in a fresh application. Congratulations. finally a family in unity. May The Lord who answered you this quick, answer us too and pls do kindly remember us in your prayers and some jollof rice with plantain could ease our pain for now lol. God bless you!!!

Muffin007
Nigeria

Post by Muffin007 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:24 pm

@Godgives thanx so much...I do pray for Gods favour for each and every one of us..Amen

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:35 pm

noonoo wrote:

Thanks
Congratulations to you and the family!!!!Well done!!! Stay blessed!!!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:39 pm

noonoo wrote:

Thanks
Congratulations
Godgives

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:42 pm

GodGives wrote:
noonoo wrote:

Thanks
Congratulations
Congratulations
Your expectation will manifest very soon

naba

FLR (o) applied as child spent 7 years from T4

Post by naba » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:52 pm

Hi dear, I made FLR o application on end of August 2013 as my child spent 7 years here but the application has been invalid due to fee. I received the letter on 14th September 13 Saturday. I resend the application on 16th September 13 Monday. My Tier4 visa expired 8th September13. I have been working, can I continue my work now? Please do advise me. Thanks.

tinapalak

Post by tinapalak » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:57 pm

Hello friends just an update, you all know that my application was refused on fri and my solicitor said we will go to the court for judicial review but i want to make a new application because the first application i made was 28 days earlier and on that time my daughters were not complited 7 years .my solicitor told me we can made a application before 28 days earlier.now in a refusal letter they only gave me that reason .my solicitor want to go to the court because he said they made my decision on 10 Sep and on that time my daughters comlete there 7 years but i think its better if we made a new application now .my solicitor suggest me if i want to make new application then we have to make three applications one from my elder daughter who lived here 7years and 11 months and another application is from my yonger da ughter who born here and she is 7 years and two months old now and third application is from my husband and me. what u guys think is there any chances after doing it.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:09 pm

[quote="noonoo"][quote="noonoo"]I was wondering if anyone knew how long it could take to hear back from the HO after they have requested additional documents.

Thanks[/quote]

I am happy to say that our solicitor received my husbands approved visa today. About 8 weeks since we applied!! Thank God!![/quote]

Congratulations!!!! Enjoy!

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:30 pm

tinapalak wrote:Hello friends just an update, you all know that my application was refused on fri and my solicitor said we will go to the court for judicial review but i want to make a new application because the first application i made was 28 days earlier and on that time my daughters were not complited 7 years .my solicitor told me we can made a application before 28 days earlier.now in a refusal letter they only gave me that reason .my solicitor want to go to the court because he said they made my decision on 10 Sep and on that time my daughters comlete there 7 years but i think its better if we made a new application now .my solicitor suggest me if i want to make new application then we have to make three applications one from my elder daughter who lived here 7years and 11 months and another application is from my yonger da ughter who born here and she is 7 years and two months old now and third application is from my husband and me. what u guys think is there any chances after doing it.
I would say if you can afford the application fees for the 3 separate applications, go for it, its a smart move so that you don't put all your eggs in one basket.
All the best!

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:47 pm

noonoo wrote:

Thanks
Congrats and enjoy your freedom!

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:50 pm

tinapalak wrote:Hello friends just an update, you all know that my application was refused on fri and my solicitor said we will go to the court for judicial review but i want to make a new application because the first application i made was 28 days earlier and on that time my daughters were not complited 7 years .my solicitor told me we can made a application before 28 days earlier.now in a refusal letter they only gave me that reason .my solicitor want to go to the court because he said they made my decision on 10 Sep and on that time my daughters comlete there 7 years but i think its better if we made a new application now .my solicitor suggest me if i want to make new application then we have to make three applications one from my elder daughter who lived here 7years and 11 months and another application is from my yonger da ughter who born here and she is 7 years and two months old now and third application is from my husband and me. what u guys think is there any chances after doing it.
If I may ask what is the reason given by the solicitor for sending the application separately?. Since the main reason given for the refusal is "my daughters were not complited 7 years " the application will still be enclosed together and send as one package. Which mean the whole application will be consider by one casework. My guess is that the applications may still be consider as family application. However,, am not ruling out each application been considered on its own merit.
Hopefully, positive outcome will be achieve through this tactical move and then it will open up new avenue to the much awaited process of going round the 7years rule.
Last edited by Kukuwife on Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Re: FLR (o) applied as child spent 7 years from T4

Post by Kukuwife » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:51 pm

naba wrote:Hi dear, I made FLR o application on end of August 2013 as my child spent 7 years here but the application has been invalid due to fee. I received the letter on 14th September 13 Saturday. I resend the application on 16th September 13 Monday. My Tier4 visa expired 8th September13. I have been working, can I continue my work now? Please do advise me. Thanks.
Yes. You are still within the 28days

tinapalak

Post by tinapalak » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:31 pm

Thanks hatchsead for ur valuable advice.
@kukuwife, my solicitor suggest me that because with that they have less chance to refuse my daughters application because they are under 7 year rule now and if they will grant visa for my kids they have to grant us as well on the basis of my kids because they can't live without us in the UK or if we will go with one application they will refuse
and they can say that the main applicant is overstayer so i don't wanna give them chance to do that .

tinapalak

Post by tinapalak » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:40 pm

Is there anybody knows how long they will take for flro applications now.my solicitor said 8-12 weeks .he is going to submit my applications within this week.hope it won't take too long like before .
@ hatchead i think ur applications are also separate ,when did u applied?

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:42 pm

tinapalak wrote:Thanks hatchsead for ur valuable advice.
@kukuwife, my solicitor suggest me that because with that they have less chance to refuse my daughters application because they are under 7 year rule now and if they will grant visa for my kids they have to grant us as well on the basis of my kids because they can't live without us in the UK or if we will go with one application they will refuse
and they can say that the main applicant is overstayer so i don't wanna give them chance to do that .
Thanks for your reply. By God grace and mercies every member of your family will be granted.

Rubablu
United Kingdom

Post by Rubablu » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:44 pm

Hi all
I have been a quiet follower of the forum for few weeks and want to share my story and ask for advice because I am going to apply by May 2014 on 7 years rules. I am really worried because i can see lot of refusals. My Situation is -
I came here May 2007 on students visa
My wife and my son also followed me few days later.
My student visa was refused but we went to court and appeal was accepted on article 8.
But HO issued T4 visa which will be expire 30 July 2014
My son going to finish 7 years on 20 May 2014

I am rally thinking what will be happen if we apply on 7 years rules.Because I can meet all condition so far.I have only problem I have 2 CCJ on credit card.

Do you think HO is going to refuse us ?
I also need to know-
How much maintenance fund we need to show and for how many months ?
Do we need any english test ? If yes then what level ?
Please help.Thanks

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:12 am

Rubablu wrote:Hi all
I have been a quiet follower of the forum for few weeks and want to share my story and ask for advice because I am going to apply by May 2014 on 7 years rules. I am really worried because i can see lot of refusals. My Situation is -
I came here May 2007 on students visa
My wife and my son also followed me few days later.
My student visa was refused but we went to court and appeal was accepted on article 8.
But HO issued T4 visa which will be expire 30 July 2014
My son going to finish 7 years on 20 May 2014

I am rally thinking what will be happen if we apply on 7 years rules.Because I can meet all condition so far.I have only problem I have 2 CCJ on credit card.

Do you think HO is going to refuse us ?
I also need to know-
How much maintenance fund we need to show and for how many months ?
Do we need any english test ? If yes then what level ?
Please help.Thanks

Hi Rubablu and welcome to the forum,

The Home Office are in title to consider whether you are of good character when you apply for your visa so where there is a civil judgement they may consider it a fact on whether your financial affairs when not in order or if it affects your standing on your family. CCJ's are really not the same as having a criminal conviction which may or may not certainly affect your application because it needs to be disclosed I would think so it's down to (Case worker's discretion).

You should consider executing a statutory declaration with your solicitor. This is a sworn statement. You explain about how the ccj has arisen because of you and provide any mitigating circumstances for why the fees were due. You should therefore endeavour to pay the fees of in installments (if you have not done so already) so that when you come to apply for FLR(O) you can show that you have remedied the situation.

If you are able to do this then it is still possible that you will be granted when you come to apply for it. I hope that helps. ☺

Summer312
Newly Registered

Post by Summer312 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:14 am

Hello All

I have been a quiet follower o the forum for months and want to share my story and ask for advice.
My husband applied for an FLR (o) on the 28 Sept 2012 and did his bio on February this year. Our lawyer called called us today to tell us that after waiting a whole year. His application has been refused with no right to appeal and the reasons are

A) we do not have a child
B) we can relocate to Ghana

My husband and I want to start a family but I am unable to give birth at the moment due to medical issues. And for the UKBA to ask me us to pack up an leave to life we have built here is unreasonable.

Is there anything we can do from here on? He has not been given a deportation notice. Any advice would help. Thanks.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:02 am

Summer312 wrote:Hello All

I have been a quiet follower o the forum for months and want to share my story and ask for advice.
My husband applied for an FLR (o) on the 28 Sept 2012 and did his bio on February this year. Our lawyer called called us today to tell us that after waiting a whole year. His application has been refused with no right to appeal and the reasons are

My husband and I want to start a family but I am unable to give birth at the moment due to medical issues. And for the UKBA to ask me us to pack up an leave to life we have built here is unreasonable.

Is there anything we can do from here on? He has not been given a deportation notice. Any advice would help. Thanks.
Hi summer312. Sorry to hear about your husbands refusal a lot of decisions are coming out of Home Office without paying attention to the facts submitted by the OP (Original Applicant). Could you shed a little more light on your husbands case and/or background pls, is he an overstayer and/or on what grounds was the application made?

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:15 am

Hello summer welcome to the forum. Sorry for your hubby refusal. As @dapsoniee has said you need to provide answers to the questions been asked so that appropriate suggestions can be given. Having said that from the little info provided there are two options
1. Using article 8 along with his application/ cohabitation for two years/ financial requirements
2. Out of country application
You can also have a look at the following links
A) http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... _partners/
B)
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... a-partner/

SDP

Post by SDP » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:21 am

Sorry to hear about your refusal , it's very frustrating after waiting for an year and we get this result. My timeline is same as yours so please share the below details,
On what basis did your husband apply FLR(0) ? How long have you both been in UK ?
Thank you

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:49 am

tinapalak wrote:Is there anybody knows how long they will take for flro applications now.my solicitor said 8-12 weeks .he is going to submit my applications within this week.hope it won't take too long like before .
@ hatchead i think ur applications are also separate ,when did u applied?
@tinapalak, yes i have 3 separate applications which were submitted October 2012. We are still awaiting a decison but it appears now that applications submitted lately are treated faster than the ones we submitted last year.
All the best!