ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

heich
Newly Registered

Re: No COA So Far

Post by heich » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:57 pm

Hi Heich absolutely, I have´nt received anything from Home Office yet. Hope you get the COA soon. Good luck and keep me updated.
RC?[/quote]

goodluck to you too tanz...there just one little shaky part in my application.partner has been here for more than ten years.so primary,high and uni are all here...some times she works,sometimes she doesn't,and she is currently exercising treaty rights as a student, will all the above exceptions. so basically she has not private health insurance.she never applied for permanent residency, but being french and having been here for a very long time,i think that makes it clear that her life is here.i still dont know how they will go about it,but i do hope they just get back to me quick...how about your own case?

heich
Newly Registered

Post by heich » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:35 pm

Guys, I called the home office today and they made it clear to me that we can work with the first letter they sent to us.

Tanzy
Newly Registered

Post by Tanzy » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:41 am

goodluck to you too tanz...there just one little shaky part in my application.partner has been here for more than ten years.so primary,high and uni are all here...some times she works,sometimes she doesn't,and she is currently exercising treaty rights as a student, will all the above exceptions. so basically she has not private health insurance.she never applied for permanent residency, but being french and having been here for a very long time,i think that makes it clear that her life is here.i still dont know how they will go about it,but i do hope they just get back to me quick...how about your own case?[/quote]

Thanks Heich, my wife is Spanish and is working full time and hence exercising Treaty rights in the country. I on the other hand had to resign from my job last month as a BDM due to a family emergency and since coming back to London I have had no luck with work so far. Hence in a state of desperation to get the COA.

I am glad you received the letter from home office which you said will help you to prove your rights to work in the country.

Fingers Crossed

heich
Newly Registered

Post by heich » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:31 am

Hello tanzy,

what i mean is you can seek employment with that very letter sent to you by them. go seek employment, and if they request anything more than you have given, employers have a number they usaully ring, and with that number,they can make enquiry about your right to work. but they told me yesterday that we are allowed to work with the very letter stating applications have been received and passed on the case workers..

picoflex
Newly Registered

Post by picoflex » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:31 pm

Hi all,

Has anyone received anything this week ?

heich
Newly Registered

Post by heich » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:31 pm

tanzy,

you did not read my message properly. i said you can seek employment with the letter sent to you stating they got your application and if anything is wrong with your payment they will return you application. with that letter, u can work..it is up to your employers to contact the home office themselves...waiting for coa could mean wasting your time. by law, once you are married and make that application,you can work. the coa is certificate of application, and that first letter they sent you acknowledges your application and you are good to go...

wajdi
Newly Registered

Post by wajdi » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:22 am

hi, same here i have applied on 5/02/2013 and no answer yet :(

T.H
Newly Registered

update

Post by T.H » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:11 pm

this is what I've received from my MP "The latest advise I have received from UKBA is that the average length of time a new "within the rules" application will take is nine months,despite out of date informationon their website ,this is due to a large extent to a 25%REDUCTION OF STUFF IMPLEMENTED BY THE Liberal-conservative coalition government,you may also be aware from news items that UKBA has a backlog of some 300,000 unresolved cases of various kinds " so I guess we have to wait guys

picoflex
Newly Registered

Re: update

Post by picoflex » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:10 pm

T.H wrote:this is what I've received from my MP "The latest advise I have received from UKBA is that the average length of time a new "within the rules" application will take is nine months,despite out of date informationon their website ,this is due to a large extent to a 25%REDUCTION OF STUFF IMPLEMENTED BY THE Liberal-conservative coalition government,you may also be aware from news items that UKBA has a backlog of some 300,000 unresolved cases of various kinds " so I guess we have to wait guys
ohhh I feel sick now..

Tanzy
Newly Registered

Post by Tanzy » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:39 pm

[quote="heich"]tanzy,

you did not read my message properly. i said you can seek employment with the letter sent to you stating they got your application and if anything is wrong with your payment they will return you application. with that letter, u can work..it is up to your employers to contact the home office themselves...waiting for coa could mean wasting your time. by law, once you are married and make that application,you can work. the coa is certificate of application, and that first letter they sent you acknowledges your application and you are good to go...[/quote]

Thanks Heich, I went for an interview today and they refused to accept the letter or call the Home Office, and suggested to chase Home office for COA. Will call them tomorrow for the first time.

Cheers

Mattyxxx
Newly Registered

Post by Mattyxxx » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:42 pm

T.H wrote:this is what I've received from my MP "The latest advise I have received from UKBA is that the average length of time a new "within the rules" application will take is nine months,despite out of date informationon their website ,this is due to a large extent to a 25%REDUCTION OF STUFF IMPLEMENTED BY THE Liberal-conservative coalition government,you may also be aware from news items that UKBA has a backlog of some 300,000 unresolved cases of various kinds " so I guess we have to wait guys

Oh my GOD
shall we spend half of our lives waiting to get the decision

T.H
Newly Registered

Post by T.H » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:33 pm

Mattyxxx wrote:

Oh my GOD

You still have the option to take them to the high court, my solicitor offered me this option but i prefer to wait for another month

heich
Newly Registered

Post by heich » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:50 pm

hi tanzy,

I think I would be facing the same thing soon. even though i have been told i am allowed to work, i do not think they will accept mine either which is pretty sad...

Mattyxxx
Newly Registered

Post by Mattyxxx » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:26 am

T.H wrote:
Mattyxxx wrote:

Oh my GOD

You still have the option to take them to the high court, my solicitor offered me this option but i prefer to wait for another month

My solictor advise me to wait one more month and then we see but he think that HO should respond in the seventh month of application

T.H
Newly Registered

Post by T.H » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:20 pm

Mattyxxx wrote:
T.H wrote:
Mattyxxx wrote:

Oh my GOD

My solictor advise me to wait one more month and then we see but he think that HO should respond in the seventh month of application[/quo

to be honest i don't care anymore ,not even worried , they ruined my holiday already,and my case is very straight forward and clear!! so it doesn't matter anymore as long as i will get it before Christmas,i applied December 2012 , i feel older already for God sake

bessenjust
Newly Registered

MY TIMELINE SO FAR

Post by bessenjust » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:13 am

07/08/13 - Application Posted
08/08/13 - Received by EEA Dept
12/08/13 - Letter rcv'd from UKBA confirming application
13/08/13 - Passport Requested to all emails I found.
20/08/13 - COA Received
21/08/13 - Passports received.

RC Date - Pending

tutu75
Newly Registered

Post by tutu75 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:47 am

HI,

6 months has passed and no news. I need my passport and I know I can request it. If I request my passport, Will I return to square one in the application? Once I am back, should I send it back?

Thanks

bessenjust
Newly Registered

Post by bessenjust » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:49 am

tutu75 wrote:HI,

6 months has passed and no news. I need my passport and I know I can request it. If I request my passport, Will I return to square one in the application? Once I am back, should I send it back?

Thanks
No you can request your passport back and the application does not cancel at all.

heich
Newly Registered

Post by heich » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:21 pm

coa received with no right to work... does this mean my application has no hope of positive outcome?

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:50 pm

heich wrote:coa received with no right to work... does this mean my application has no hope of positive outcome?
It depends on your circumstances.
No right to work does not means negative.

DGTLJNK

Post by DGTLJNK » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:36 pm

Finally our waiting is over ,the request of reconsideration has been accepted and they issued us with RC !

EEA2 sent - 6th of January 2013.
EEA2 received - 9th of January 2013
COA with permission to work received - 18th of January 2013
EEA2 refused with right to appeal - 27th of June 2013
Request of Reconsideration sent - 18th of July 2013
Request of Reconsideration received by caseworker- 24th of July 2013
E-mail from Medina Santos LNC21 - 12th of August 2013
RC received - 21st of August 2013 (dated 06.08.2013)

Good luck everybody!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:48 pm

DGTLJNK wrote:Finally our waiting is over ,the request of reconsideration has been accepted and they issued us with RC !

Good luck everybody!
Great. Good to see reconsideration worked well for you.

heich
Newly Registered

Post by heich » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:54 pm

DGTLJNK wrote:Finally our waiting is over ,the request of reconsideration has been accepted and they issued us with RC !

Good luck everybody!
what was the reason for your refusal in the first place?

soniac

Post by soniac » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:49 am

[quote="DGTLJNK"]Finally our waiting is over ,the request of reconsideration has been accepted and they issued us with RC !

Good luck everybody![/quote]

Congratulations on the RC. I am still waiting on the reconsideration decision. We submitted it beginning of May along with an appeal and received an email July 23rd saying that our case us bein reconsidered and we will have a new determination within 28 days. How many times did you write them to follow up on your case?!?!? And the RC just arrived on A4 paper?!?!?

DGTLJNK

Post by DGTLJNK » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:10 am

heich wrote:
what was the reason for your refusal in the first place?
Check previous pages as I already wrote few details about my case.

soniac wrote:
Congratulations on the RC. I am still waiting on the reconsideration decision. We submitted it beginning of May along with an appeal and received an email July 23rd saying that our case us bein reconsidered and we will have a new determination within 28 days. How many times did you write them to follow up on your case?!?!? And the RC just arrived on A4 paper?!?!?

I was sending them email literally every second day. Most of them were ignored but I got response 3 times within the period of time that we were waiting. Maybe they got fed up with me, since i had email address to case worker so she speeded up the case ;) But in a first place once they received my letter I was told my case will be reconsidered within 10 days. For some reason your one seems to take much longer time .