ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Processing Time (Extension Applications ONLY)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

buntyz

hi

Post by buntyz » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:37 pm

my mum being hospitalised on 14th of jan in india i have sent a letter to ma case officer with a letter from hospital requesting to visit her, will let u all knw if hear something from UKBA.

tier1enterpreneur

hi buntyz

Post by tier1enterpreneur » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:45 pm

Hey buntyz thanks for appreciating. I think everyone here wanted to do something like this but needed a start. Hopefully I have raised an issue not just for myself and given different situations people are stuck in.
I am sorry to hear about your mom being hospitalized. I really hope everything is gonna be fine for her. Stay Strong !!!! Will include her in our prayers. :)
Tier 1 Entrepreneur

buntyz

hi

Post by buntyz » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:49 pm

UKBA realy suc**. I lived in NZ bout 10 yrs. immigration system there is amazing even NZ is small country. You can register online on immigration website and check all the progress of ur file with the dates waz goin on n wat happnd wid ur case? even with there helpline number u jus ring them dey will help u on everything evn dey help to fill d form on phone each n every coloumn.
UKBA needs to go n get some training ova dere.

Sar78
BANNED

Re: hi

Post by Sar78 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:05 am

buntyz wrote:UKBA realy suc**. I lived in NZ bout 10 yrs. immigration system there is amazing even NZ is small country. You can register online on immigration website and check all the progress of ur file with the dates waz goin on n wat happnd wid ur case? even with there helpline number u jus ring them dey will help u on everything evn dey help to fill d form on phone each n every coloumn.
UKBA needs to go n get some training ova dere.
Hope your Mum recovers soon. It's a shame that the whole process is taking ages.
I wasn't aware that it was possible to send documents to the case worker unless they ask for them. Hope they fast track your case though.

Sarah_123
Newly Registered

UK visa rules limit foreign entrepreneurs

Post by Sarah_123 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:58 pm

Great Thanks guys..will sign the petition...You might want to read this article in financlial times and also spread it around so other people you know think twice before coming and investing in this country..pls do tweet

UK visa rules limit foreign entrepreneurs

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/866c879a-5e71 ... z2IKZtecZq

Arslaan
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Arslaan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:25 pm

Devilz wrote:
Kaiser wrote:Hi
Is there any one who applied 12/12/12 nd got their acknolidgement letter or biomatrix letter,,,,while i have applied my fee deductive on 20/12/12 but yet i did not recieve any thing yet
Thnx
I applied on 12/12/12, acknowledgement letter received dated 14/12/12 and money taken on 17/12/12.

Waiting for biometrics now....
Received biometrics letter on Wednesday dated, 11 January 2013, had plan to get them done today but due to weather/snow couldn't.

As soon as weather gets better, will get them done.

buntyz

hi there

Post by buntyz » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:30 pm

hey guys
i was just wondering is it posiible to get info bout how many ppl have applied for entrepreneur visa since it started and how many results given to teh date of info requested (approvals and refusals). can v get this info in right to innformation act.
figures can be helpful for the peition.

buntyz

petition

Post by buntyz » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:34 pm

i request everybody to share this peition with all of your friends thru FB Twitter wateva.it cn atleast help sum1

Humv

update

Post by Humv » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:22 pm

Alright guys. its over 6 months now! Stil no bloody news!

i rang HO to find out the progress of my application. That lady was a b**** .
She was so rude! and very unhelpful! The only info they can provide is whether your application is completed or not! thats all! No time frame no nothing! this is absolutely ridiculous. Even after 6 months they cant give you no e**** time frame!!

makingastart
Newly Registered

Re: update

Post by makingastart » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:37 pm

Humv wrote:Alright guys. its over 6 months now! Stil no bloody news!

She was so rude! and very unhelpful! The only info they can provide is whether your application is completed or not! thats all! No time frame no nothing! this is absolutely ridiculous. Even after 6 months they cant give you no e**** time frame!!
They would not allow anyone to ask about their visa progress within 6 months of application, and now we know even after we wait the 6 months, they still would not give any updates!! Wow

whiteroses
BANNED

Re: update

Post by whiteroses » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:03 pm

Humv wrote:Alright guys. its over 6 months now! Stil no bloody news!

Oh dear :(
So basically the lady told you that you have wait indefinitely?

alik28

Post by alik28 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:41 pm

I have contacted UKBA yesterday and ask how long they are taking to process Entrepreneur visa, the reply from customer service officer was "I don't Know, you will have to wait for 6 month before we can give you an update" . Now, my father had a heart attack last week and I urgently need to travel. I am in a position where I do want to go and see my father but I don't want to withdraw my application as I have started my business activities and its going really good.

What should I do...?

Ahmed25

Post by Ahmed25 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:02 pm

Sorry to hear about your father hope he will be fine soon. I think you can request for the documents return, without withdraw your application.

But guys what rubbish are they doing? Means how long should we wait more to get the visa. Its very clear that they are not processing T1(E) applications after Xmas because if they does, some one from this forum should get visa. I think nowadays they are busy in issuing ack and bio letter and deducting fee for the new applicants. Obviously no one want HO to hold their passport for so long. As you people know that nowadays the visa is on BRP and not on passport then why don't they return the passport with bio letter so that we can at least move freely. Currently the situation is like prison and we are the prisoner.

I never see such a bad performance from HO before. I don't know what is the reason but one thing I am sure about that it's not because of the application load its definitely something else.

alik28

Post by alik28 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:14 pm

Ahmed25 wrote:Sorry to hear about your father hope he will be fine soon. I think you can request for the documents return, without withdraw your application.

But guys what rubbish are they doing? Means how long should we wait more to get the visa. Its very clear that they are not processing T1(E) applications after Xmas because if they does, some one from this forum should get visa. I think nowadays they are busy in issuing ack and bio letter and deducting fee for the new applicants. Obviously no one want HO to hold their passport for so long. As you people know that nowadays the visa is on BRP and not on passport then why don't they return the passport with bio letter so that we can at least move freely. Currently the situation is like prison and we are the prisoner.

I never see such a bad performance from HO before. I don't know what is the reason but one thing I am sure about that it's not because of the application load its definitely something else.
Thank you. withdrawing the application means they will not issue me the visa and return the fee. In this case It will be difficult for me to come back as I do want to continue with my business. Lets hope for the best but I must say there is not human rights in this country especially for Non Eu migrants.

buntyz

Post by buntyz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:17 am

hi ahmed
theres no way u cn get ur documents back widot withdrawin application.
n akil when did u got ur biometrics done

whiteroses
BANNED

Post by whiteroses » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:29 am

Thank you. withdrawing the application means they will not issue me the visa and return the fee. In this case It will be difficult for me to come back as I do want to continue with my business. Lets hope for the best but I must say there is not human rights in this country especially for Non Eu migrants.
Evidently they don't refund the fee if you withdraw your application.
Hope you get your visa soon and can visit your father.
Withdrawing your application
When the payment handling service has received your application, the application fee is charged. The fee cannot then be refunded if you withdraw your application.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:31 am

alik28 wrote:I have contacted UKBA yesterday and ask how long they are taking to process Entrepreneur visa, the reply from customer service officer was "I don't Know, you will have to wait for 6 month before we can give you an update" . Now, my father had a heart attack last week and I urgently need to travel. I am in a position where I do want to go and see my father but I don't want to withdraw my application as I have started my business activities and its going really good.

What should I do...?

Hi Alik28,

sorry to hear about your father, hope he will get well soon .... I can understand your frustration but be patience and just pray that HO start working on application and we get decision in 1 month instead of 6 or 7 months.

and to get your documents back you have to withdraw your application and they will not refund your money and you will have to reapply for the visa once you back in country. (also you have leave to remain still left on your previous category or is expired, if expired than you will not be able to come back either)

regards

Rehan

Ahmed25

Post by Ahmed25 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:12 am

buntyz wrote:hi ahmed
theres no way u cn get ur documents back widot withdrawin application.
n akil when did u got ur biometrics done
May be you are right but according to this link returning of documents is possible. Have a look and see the attach form as well.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/

tony.montana
Italy

Post by tony.montana » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:28 pm

Applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur Entry Clearance from Pakistan, it took 21 working days and I have been granted the visa.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:33 pm

tony.montana wrote:Applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur Entry Clearance from Pakistan, it took 21 working days and I have been granted the visa.

Congratulation Tony.Montana, Welcome to UK in advance

all the very best to you and good luck for future.

regards

Rehan

huebleu
Newly Registered

hi

Post by huebleu » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:44 pm

Buntyzzzzz I need update from you.
about y=the letter you send to HO

aziz1053

bio on 20 august

Post by aziz1053 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:49 pm

route ps to enter
Bio given on 20 aug 12 applied on 10 aug 12
More then 5 months since bio given
Its annoying as applicants asked after 6 months they said its still in process what does that mean.. I know they have load as there are lot of applications have been made since july but as they say on site they are considering before 9 oct 12 even those applicants are waiting atleast july august 12 should have heard some reply but still I don't know what's the end of this situation
aziz1053

alik28

Post by alik28 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:46 pm

rehan01 wrote:
alik28 wrote:I have contacted UKBA yesterday and ask how long they are taking to process Entrepreneur visa, the reply from customer service officer was "I don't Know, you will have to wait for 6 month before we can give you an update" . Now, my father had a heart attack last week and I urgently need to travel. I am in a position where I do want to go and see my father but I don't want to withdraw my application as I have started my business activities and its going really good.

What should I do...?

Hi Alik28,

sorry to hear about your father, hope he will get well soon .... I can understand your frustration but be patience and just pray that HO start working on application and we get decision in 1 month instead of 6 or 7 months.

and to get your documents back you have to withdraw your application and they will not refund your money and you will have to reapply for the visa once you back in country. (also you have leave to remain still left on your previous category or is expired, if expired than you will not be able to come back either)

regards

Rehan

I am going to meet with my local MP tomorrow and see if she can help. otherwise, i will left with no choice to withdraw my application. this is absolutely ridiculous service by ukba.

buntyz

Re: hi

Post by buntyz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:58 pm

huebleu wrote:Buntyzzzzz I need update from you.
about y=the letter you send to HO
no reply yet itz about a week nw m gonna wait anthr few days if no reply den m gonna withdraw ma application. time dey tkin is really annnoying.

ant123
Newly Registered

Post by ant123 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Hi there,

Just to contribute to the information that gets shared on this page, here's some of my details:

Applied: 08/11/12
Acknowledgment letter: 12/11/12
Biometric letter: 14/11/12
Biometrics submitted: 19/11/12

No information since... Not that this is unexpected... However I've had a few questions, would really appreciate if anyone shares any information regarding these:

1. Is there any dedicated phone number to get an update on the status of the visa application? The only one I could find was the one for Immigration Enquiry Bureau in my Biometric Letter. It says to contact them only if my details are submitted incorrectly, but not for any other reason. Is this the right number to call in all other cases?
2. I have applied through the PSW route however have not yet invested in the business. I hold all of the funds in the UK-based bank. Does anyone know whether having the funds inside the UK can affect the application to be processed faster compared to when the funds are held in the overseas bank?

Thanks in advance for any feedback and good luck with your applications.