ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by kittycatkeeb » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:47 pm

debrancherenzym wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:56 pm
Got an email from a caseworker as follows:

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email. I can confirm we have received your documents. Due to coronavirus we are currently experiencing longer wait times for cases. However, our 6-month service standard is still in place. We will be in touch in due course with further information.

Kind regards,

and then name of the caseworker,

I emailed SET(M) email address to find out if they have received my application because the lady at my UKVCAS appointment was on training and was being trained during my appointment, I wanted to make sure if UKVI had received my application. Has anyone else received an email like this upon querying?
I have not queried yet but thinking about it because I'm terrified UKVI hasn't received my biometrics. What date did you apply and what email address did you query to?

Looking at the timeline thread, there seems to have been a lot of Set(M) approvals this week! Maybe an avalanche of approvals is coming. Oh I hope so.

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Post by kittycatkeeb » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:50 pm

Ameline wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:46 pm
debrancherenzym wrote:

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email. I can confirm we have received your documents. Due to coronavirus we are currently experiencing longer wait times for cases. However, our 6-month service standard is still in place. We will be in touch in due course with further information.

Kind regards,

I emailed SET(M) email address to find out if they have received my application because the lady at my UKVCAS appointment was on training and was being trained during my appointment, I wanted to make sure if UKVI had received my application. Has anyone else received an email like this upon querying?
Just received a similar response as my fingerprints were not clear (dry fingers), so I thought to check. The caseworker confirmed they have received my biometrics and they are alright and that they will be in touch in due course regarding my application.

Hang on debranchrenzym, yours should be imminent my friend. May be it's just a matter of hours or days for you. The due course for you should be v soon. I wish you all the best!
Oh you as well? When did you apply and when did you query? Did you ask UKVCAS whether they had submitted your biometrics or not/how did you know there was something wrong with your fingerprints?

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:50 pm

Paprika wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:39 pm
Hi all,

I have been a silent reader of this forum and it’s finally my turn to share the good news! I find the information very helpful, particularly it’s good to know there are people who are in the same boat as me waiting for a decision so I don’t feel as anxious. It’s been a long wait for me too!

Applied for ILR route: Set M
Type of application: Standard (Priority is suspended)
Date application submitted: 03/05/2020
Payment debited: 03/05/2020
Invitation to use the new UKVCAS IDV app: 26/08/2020
Biometrics using IDV: 26/08/2020
In-Person biometric enrolment: 28/09/2020
Decision letter received: 12/10/2020
BRP card received: Waiting
Congratulations!! 🥳 Long wait for you, you have been very patient as you posted just today for the first time lol well done! We should all learn from you.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:52 pm

kittycatkeeb wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:50 pm
Ameline wrote:
debrancherenzym wrote:

Good afternoon,

Kind regards,

Just received a similar response as my fingerprints were not clear (dry fingers), so I thought to check. The caseworker confirmed they have received my biometrics and they are alright and that they will be in touch in due course regarding my application.

Hang on debranchrenzym, yours should be imminent my friend. May be it's just a matter of hours or days for you. The due course for you should be v soon. I wish you all the best!
Oh you as well? When did you apply and when did you query? Did you ask UKVCAS whether they had submitted your biometrics or not/how did you know there was something wrong with your fingerprints?
As few people claimed that the UKVI have not received their in-person biometrics, I immediately emailed UKVI SET(M) on Friday evening as on the top of this, I had problems taking my fingerprints. A CW has replied this afternoon.

Applied 04/09/20, No IDV, In-person bio 12/09/20
Last edited by Ameline on Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Post by kittycatkeeb » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:54 pm

Ameline wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:52 pm
kittycatkeeb wrote:
Ameline wrote:
debrancherenzym wrote:

Good afternoon,

Kind regards,

As few people claimed that the UKVI have not received their in-person biometrics, I immediately emailed UKVI SET(M) on Friday evening as on the top of this, I had problems taking my fingerprints. A CW has replied this afternoon.
That's so quick!! I might do that just for peace of mind. Can I confirm it was UKVISETM@homeoffice.gov.uk?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:54 pm

Out of curiosity, what is SET(M) UKVI email address and is it available online or it was used to email some applicants in person and known to all then??
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:59 pm

kittycatkeeb wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:54 pm
Ameline wrote:
kittycatkeeb wrote:
Ameline wrote:

That's so quick!! I might do that just for peace of mind. Can I confirm it was UKVISETM@homeoffice.gov.uk?
Yes this email address. They will confirm if they have received your documents and bio.

I know it might be unfair to email them like this one by one to check this but it is due to their system. They should have put something in place confirming the receipt of the application/documents/bio and also a status of application. Paying £2408.20 and just waiting in dark having doubts if UKVI received bios would not be possible for applicants.
Last edited by Ameline on Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:01 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Out of curiosity, what is SET(M) UKVI email address and is it available online or it was used to email some applicants in person and known to all then??
This is the email address CULLINAN UKVISETM@homeoffice.gov.uk

I have just used it when one SET(M) applicant reported receiving the approval email from it and not atlas ... lol

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:02 pm

Ameline wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:01 pm
CULLINAN wrote:

I have just used it when one SET(M) applicant reported receiving the approval email from it and not atlas ... lol
Thanks 😆
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Post by kittycatkeeb » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:05 pm

Ameline wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:59 pm
kittycatkeeb wrote:
Ameline wrote:
kittycatkeeb wrote:

Yes this email address. They will confirm if they have received your documents and bio.

I know it might be unfair to email them like this one by one to check this but it is due to their system. They should have put something in place confirming the receipt of the application/documents/bio and also a status of application.
Paying £2408.20 and just waiting in dark having doubts if UKVI received bios would not be possible for applicants.
Right?? Literally how hard would it be to allow us to know the status of our application. It's unreal that this is the service standard we all have to accept.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:07 pm

Btw all SET(M)’s have an advantage by default for BC. So you will jump queue for BC anyways 😜

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:09 pm

Ameline wrote:
debrancherenzym wrote:

Good afternoon,

Kind regards,

Thanks for the message Ameline, hope you get yours soon as well, just starting every week with a hope :|

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:17 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:07 pm
Btw all SET(M)’s have an advantage by default for BC. So you will jump queue for BC anyways 😜
That's true :lol: but a lot would depend on receiving the ILR first, like being able to travel, changing jobs, (re) mortgages...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:24 pm

Ameline wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:17 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
That's true :lol: but a lot would depend on receiving the ILR first, like being able to travel, changing jobs, (re) mortgages...
Correct but still saving 1 year till BC.. 👍

Victor7109
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Victor7109 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:37 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
That is why SET(M) are not prioritised.

TuM1010
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by TuM1010 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:40 pm

Ameline wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:01 pm
CULLINAN wrote:

Wow, that's a very good channel for SET M applicants. Is there a similar one for SET O? I just tried calling UKVI this morning and they seem to have changed how they deal with enquiries - I selected the option of 'application still with in the service standard' then it didn't let me talking to anyone.

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Post by kittycatkeeb » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:43 pm

Ameline wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:17 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Parents who aren't in great health back home who you already haven't seen in over a year... 😔

stonelove
India

Post by stonelove » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:50 pm

Hello all,

With Liverpool going into lockdown from Wednesday and possibly the north as well, how will this affect UKVACS appointments and application processing bear in mind that the bulk of application processing is done in the north of UK for UKVI.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:54 pm

Victor7109 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:37 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Victor7109 you would definitely win the shortest and best first post in this forum :lol:

We all introduced ourselves giving an idea of when and what we applied/are applying for.

Is that all you want to say mate? :lol:

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:57 pm

stonelove wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:50 pm
Hello all,

With Liverpool going into lockdown from Wednesday and possibly the north as well, how will this affect UKVACS appointments and application processing bear in mind that the bulk of application processing is done in the north of UK for UKVI.
I confirm, the email that I have received from the caseworker was from Manchester.

They would allow the use of IDV again in case they would have to close the UKVCAS centres in the North.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:04 pm

stonelove wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:50 pm
Hello all,

The restrictions are on social interactions and pubs/bars not UKVI operations. But yes UKVCAS in person appointments could see a delay.

Victor7109
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Victor7109 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:22 pm

Ameline wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:54 pm
Victor7109 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Victor7109 you would definitely win the shortest and best first post in this forum :lol:

We all introduced ourselves giving an idea of when and what we applied/are applying for.

@Ameline. Sorry if came in unannounced. I am so frustrated with UKVI application process right now.
In case you are wondering of my frustration. I lost my job in June after my application , my Brp expired 31/06/2020, I lost a new job offer in September because i couldn't prove my immigration status, I am still within the processing time of six months and my MP asked me to wait 20 days for a feedback after i summoned the courage to write him. Below are my timeline.

Type of application: Standard
Date application submitted: 22/06/2020
Payment debited: 22/06/2020
Invitation to use the new UKVCAS IDV app: 28/08/2020
Biometrics using IDV: 28/08/2020
In-Person biometric enrolment: 22/09/2020
Decision letter received: Waiting

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:38 pm

Victor7109 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:22 pm
Ameline wrote:
Victor7109 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

@Ameline. Sorry if came in unannounced. I am so frustrated with UKVI application process right now.
In case you are wondering of my frustration. I lost my job in June after my application , my Brp expired 31/06/2020, I lost a new job offer in September because i couldn't prove my immigration status, I am still within the processing time of six months and my MP asked me to wait 20 days for a feedback after i summoned the courage to write him. Below are my timeline.

So sorry to hear that my friend, I was just joking. Jokes aside, I hope you see the end of this nightmare soon and it will be just bad memory. Hope you hear good news soon! 🙏

Victor7109
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Victor7109 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:43 pm

Ameline wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:38 pm
Victor7109 wrote:
Ameline wrote:
Victor7109 wrote:

So sorry to hear that my friend, I was just joking. Jokes aside, I hope you see the end of this nightmare soon and it will be just bad memory. Hope you hear good news soon! 🙏
Thank you. I have been waiting and hoping to write my timeline with good news which is not forthcoming, i guessed you only pushed me to do it. :)

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:25 pm

Victor7109 wrote:
Ameline wrote:
Victor7109 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

Your time line is exactly similar to mine, same application as well SET (M), the only difference is in person appointment, I did that on 15th Sept and you've done it on 22/09