ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shah183

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by shah183 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:38 pm

Many many congrats Ather. I wish u both a happy married life.
Am following dis forum frm a long time n I've seen dat most ov d ppl r on hold bcoz dey didnt believe on d applicants (abt their earnings) n some ov dem got visa after submitting EXTRA documents n some r still waiting :( . My concern is dat y dey r nt believing in first place :(
Submitted from Lahore: 24-09-2013
Under process at BHC : 07-10-2013
RFC: -------------------- 13-01-2014
Collected on: ---------- 15-01-2014
Outcome: Visa Granted :)

AtherA
Newly Registered

Post by AtherA » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:29 pm

Salaam
Jazakallah I appreciate your well wishes, may you and all members waiting be reunited soon. Just another note, my spouse did not change her name on her passport before applying, so i would say it isn't essential.

Wassalaam

Hope12
Newly Registered

Post by Hope12 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:55 pm

AtherA wrote:Assalamoalaikum

My wife received her passport today from Lahore and Alhamdulillah visa was granted.

It has taken so many prayers, some letters to my MP and 7 months for the Visa to be granted.

In a nutshell, applied on 4th July, 18th July was when they received the application. Then around the 18th November, itching for some news I wrote to my MP, half explain my circumstance and half complaining about not hearing from high commission. MP wrote back to me on hassan786 wrote:
Forlorn wrote:
Humybe7709 wrote:
Forlorn wrote:
Humybe7709 r u main applicant?

I'm the spouse

If your self employed please make sure your tax is paid and up to date
That's what went wrong with me. I hadn't paid any tax (as you can pay till January 2014) but now I've paid it and waiting for the paperwork to come from HMRC as the BHC requested original documents and not copied printed from online

I think that's why so many self employed applicant not receive RFC and some put on hold
I did,t pay any tax as well i checked it with home office before hand is it legal obligation to pay tax before dead line its really crap its straight blackmailing thing.lets see what they come up with my application
22nd saying that he wrote to them but received no reply.
25th November I got a letter saying our case was about to fail because they did not believe I met financial requirements, but would put my case on hold pending a court decision on the financial threshold of 18,600. Apparently I had not submitted bank statements! They gave me until 3rd of December to send the required documentation. I sent them 1 years’ worth of bank statement printouts stamped by cashier, I sent my contract of employment and a cover letter Al sent via DHL courier. They received this on 2nd December. I wrote to MP to ask if it was worth seeing the high commissioner in Islamabad as I would be travelling to PAK, he replied Commissioner wouldn’t have the time.
Then I went on annual leave on 11th Dec and flew out to Pak to be with my wife, 6 months we had been apart after marriage. I wrote to high commissioner to ask for an appointment just before leaving for Pak.
On 23rd Dec whilst in Pak I wrote to my MP updating him on my situation, i also wrote to visa enquiries to ask for confirmation of receipt of docs and an update of my wife’s visa application, this was through my wife’s email.
I returned on 29th Dec to UK very disappointed, commissioner had not bothered to reply.
2nd January 2014 my wife received acknowledgement of docs and that they had been forwarded to the relevant personnel. On the 3rd I complained to my MP via a letter an d asked for his advice.
Then on 9th Ready for collection via email 9am pk time. ‘Ready for collection’ had also appeared instead of ‘under process’. Today my wife received her passport with visa stamped three days before.
Alhamdulillah!
Make sure when you send evidence you send more than their requirements, I sent p60 and 7 month’s payslip and 6 months bank statement, my earning is more that their requirements, and yet they did not believe.
Allah ho Akbar! And Allah knows best!
I wish you all the best of luck and
keep praying never lose hope.

Wassalaam
Brother just want to ask on 22 did u get reply from mp or bhc
Second is ur mp sent a letter to immigration in uk as u say you submit 7 months statement while require was 6. So y they didn't believe on that thank you and congratulate for ur wife's visa

Ather

Hope12
Newly Registered

Post by Hope12 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:07 pm

I have contacted my mp 10 December he write immigration in uk on 12 he didn't get replied yet just want to know did mp only allow to contact ukba or he can contact bhc Pakistan
Thankyou and how long it take that mp get replied

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:51 pm

Congratulations Ather,

Thanks for sharing your detailed timescale with us all, may Allah swt grant you have a happy life with your loved ones.
I can't believe this has been the only RFC of the week for this forum after xmas break, come on BHC wake up.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

AtherA
Newly Registered

Post by AtherA » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:28 pm

Salaam
Thank you Tallojani and Hope 12, i hope your wait isn't too long. On the 23rd December i wrote to both visa enquiries to ask for an update and to get an acknowledgement of documents, ( 20 days after i had submitted them) I had assumed that Home Office would do this naturally out of courtesy, when this wasn't apparent then i sent them an email. They replied on 2nd January through Visa Enquiries acknowledging documents i had sent on the 2nd of December (a month after!!). Mp sent an email to Islamabad High Commission as this is where settlement cases are being dealt with at the moment. As to why they didn't believe, no idea one ECO is not the same as another, my wife was telling me someone applied on the 12 December, recieved her passport today with visa stamped! :shock:
Remember lots of prayers also help, my Aunt went and performed pilgramage and did special prayers for us.
Jazakallah

Hope12
Newly Registered

Post by Hope12 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:38 pm

Salam ather my wife applied same date still waiting bhc didn't ask for any more documents did contact my mp he write a letter to ukba in London I asked him to email to bhc Pakistan they can't they only crespondence to mp section only thing I don't understand if ur mp can email y not my mp it's been 4 weeks since he send a letter to ukba and he was telling me it could take up to 6 to 8 weeks which is weird.

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:57 pm

KashmiriMunda wrote:
If you speak to her on Skype them carry on speaking to her on Skype and you can use that as proof of contact, also if you call her from Lyca/Lebara mobile then you can print call records from online.

I got married the same way, i knew before going to Pakistan. My wife did not have a Pakistani Passport or ID, what I did is I told her to get a passport and ID card made. I think you should tell your wife to be to get her Passport and ID card made now and just have it on her. You do not want to leave things to the last minute. You do not need to get a new ID card made after you get married, just use the same one.

If you are planning on going pakistan in the next 6 months, then I think you should start getting your wage slips ready. If you currently earn more than £18,600 then you will need to provide 6 months wage slips.
Thanks for the info bro

i assume that she will have to get a sim card registered under her name to prove that it was actually her talking to me rather than me showing a call to a random number. or how would i prove that the phone number i am calling is actually her number

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:00 pm

tallojani wrote:
Assalamwalikum Brother,

my cousin is pretty much in the same boat as you, the only difference is that he has been in touch with his would be wife for some time now and he has got whatsapp logs to show for it.
I had already asked the same question on this forum about getting the ID card and passport made prior of wedding, it appears as though from the response I received "you can" but making sure all the documents corresponds to that name.
Thanks bro for the info,

The documents you mention that has to correspond to her name after the marriage. Which documents would these be?

KashmiriMunda
Newly Registered

Post by KashmiriMunda » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:47 am

abdulraheem123 wrote:
Thanks for the info bro

i assume that she will have to get a sim card registered under her name to prove that it was actually her talking to me rather than me showing a call to a random number. or how would i prove that the phone number i am calling is actually her number
Yeah bro make sure that the sim card is on her name. This is just for back up in case they ask you to prove whose number it is, but I've never heard of them asking anyone to prove whose number it is. Also Skpye is free and they accept that as a way of contact so S suggest you use that because you can print of the longs any time you want, even after 6 months or even later. Plus you can chat on Skype as well.

If you need any help with anything else just ask bro, will do everything I can to help. Even if you need ideas for the wedding LOL

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:01 am

To Ather

Congratulations. What a long wait. Hope they start processing quicker. I am getting annoyed with all the waiting.
Submitted Application: Feb 2012
Application Refused: Jul 2012
Appealed: Unsuccessfull
Reapplied: 27th Sep 2013
Application hold - Jan 2014
RFC: 26th August 2014
Result: Alhamdulillah Visa Granted - All thanks to Allah and your prayers

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:16 pm

KashmiriMunda wrote:
Yeah bro make sure that the sim card is on her name. This is just for back up in case they ask you to prove whose number it is, but I've never heard of them asking anyone to prove whose number it is. Also Skpye is free and they accept that as a way of contact so S suggest you use that because you can print of the longs any time you want, even after 6 months or even later. Plus you can chat on Skype as well.

If you need any help with anything else just ask bro, will do everything I can to help. Even if you need ideas for the wedding LOL
thanks bro, yeah Skype and lebara i will use, i have used Skype before, but i dont know if there will be able to make the call as i think the internet signal is a bit unreliable.

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:32 pm

About the english test requirement, i was hoping she can do this before i go to pakistan as i know it will save a lot of time later, as i know it can take a few months of college to study for this exam.

Do you know if this would be acceptable to the UKBA that if there see an english test certificate issued before the marriage took place?

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:28 pm

abdulraheem123 wrote:
tallojani wrote:
Assalamwalikum Brother,

my cousin is pretty much in the same boat as you, the only difference is that he has been in touch with his would be wife for some time now and he has got whatsapp logs to show for it.
I had already asked the same question on this forum about getting the ID card and passport made prior of wedding, it appears as though from the response I received "you can" but making sure all the documents corresponds to that name.
Thanks bro for the info,

The documents you mention that has to correspond to her name after the marriage. Which documents would these be?
Nikkah Nama, marriage certificate, English test, tb test certificate, all these should show the name as shown on ID card and passport

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:32 pm

abdulraheem123 wrote:About the english test requirement, i was hoping she can do this before i go to pakistan as i know it will save a lot of time later, as i know it can take a few months of college to study for this exam.

Do you know if this would be acceptable to the UKBA that if there see an english test certificate issued before the marriage took place?
You could easily explain this in your cover letter to BHC, basically tell them it was done to enable you apply straight after the wedding

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:37 pm

tallojani wrote:
abdulraheem123 wrote:About the english test requirement, i was hoping she can do this before i go to pakistan as i know it will save a lot of time later, as i know it can take a few months of college to study for this exam.

You could easily explain this in your cover letter to BHC, basically tell them it was done to enable you apply straight after the wedding

thanks again bro, that would be easy to explain

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:42 pm

what about if my ex-wifes divorce is still going through the union council, can i still get married again in Pakistan.
Or would it look wrong to the UKBA that the divorce certificate for my ex-wife was issued after the new marriage was done?

ex-wife she never entered the UK, but a previous application of a spouse visa was done for her but was refused. so she has never entered the UK

cheekyvirgin

Post by cheekyvirgin » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:21 am

I am still waiting for my wife visa since october 14.. they did asked us to send more documents on 22nd December and still waiting ......

Any info if they ask for more documentation then how long do they take for decision.

Thanks

Waqas17

Post by Waqas17 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:43 am

Just to add to this thread:

Applied UK SPOUSE VISA 24/09/2013
REJECTED 10/01/2014

They totally missed out my cash savings and therefore calculated my total income incorrectly. I can't believe it. After waiting so long they didn't even analyse my finances properly. I even showed them the workings including my cash savings and a total weekly income (only require to show adequate maintenance).

I think it's because i told them i get third party support, they simply saw that and had a reason to reach for their big red stamp :( I have another thread up on this forum with more details.

Sameena akhtar
Member of Standing

Post by Sameena akhtar » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:16 am

Waqas17 wrote:Just to add to this thread:

REJECTED 10/01/2014

They totally missed out my cash savings and therefore calculated my total income incorrectly. I can't believe it. After waiting so long they didn't even analyse my finances properly. I even showed them the workings including my cash savings and a total weekly income (only require to show adequate maintenance).

I think it's because i told them i get third party support, they simply saw that and had a reason to reach for their big red stamp :( I have another thread up on this forum with more details.
Awww im so gutted for u!!

It says in the annex they don't accept third party support!

Don't worry don't let this bring u down! Just quickly reapply and make sure you don't make the same mistake

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:03 am

So sorry to hear that
Where did u apply ?
Applied online 15/9/15
Biometrics mirpur 17/9/15
Documents confirmation November

Waqas17

Post by Waqas17 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:22 am

Sameena akhtar wrote: Awww im so gutted for u!!

Don't worry don't let this bring u down! Just quickly reapply and make sure you don't make the same mistake
Thanks, i feel really s**t now lol.

You're right, and i knew they didn't accept third party support, i was never going to write it down. It just asked on the application form if i receive any third party help, so i thought why not put it down, better than nothing? Wrong, as i've found out! I think it's a very clever entrapment technique they use, so they have a reason to reject it. But i still think they are wrong, i exceed the level before even taking into account the third party help.

My plan now is to appeal asap, just not sure if orally or by papers. I am praying it won't take too long. I have emailed the visaenquiriesislamabad just to say its going to cause time and public money for an appeal, for a blatant mistake, but i am not expecting to hear anything positive back!

HELLO786: Thanks. I applied in Mirpur, Pakistan.

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:25 am

Waqas17 wrote:
Sameena akhtar wrote: Awww im so gutted for u!!

Thanks, i feel really s**t now lol.

You're right, and i knew they didn't accept third party support, i was never going to write it down. It just asked on the application form if i receive any third party help, so i thought why not put it down, better than nothing? Wrong, as i've found out! I think it's a very clever entrapment technique they use, so they have a reason to reject it. But i still think they are wrong, i exceed the level before even taking into account the third party help.

My plan now is to appeal asap, just not sure if orally or by papers. I am praying it won't take too long. I have emailed the visaenquiriesislamabad just to say its going to cause time and public money for an appeal, for a blatant mistake, but i am not expecting to hear anything positive back!

Bro dnt feel down this was my 2nd time applying and i have been put on hold again so annoying would be gutted if i have to apply 3rd time!!!

HELLO786: Thanks. I applied in Mirpur, Pakistan.
Applied online 15/9/15

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:27 am

Waqas17 wrote:Just to add to this thread:

REJECTED 10/01/2014

I think it's because i told them i get third party support, they simply saw that and had a reason to
reach for their big red stamp :( I have another thread up on this forum with more details.
Rejected on the 10th ? I thought gery didnt open on weekends :o
Applied online 15/9/15

Waqas17

Post by Waqas17 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:07 pm

The 10th was a Friday :wink: