ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Appeal Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RanaJee
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Appeal Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by RanaJee » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:37 pm

@appealalready

Congratulation for your RC.
would you please share when did you get your appeal fee (£140). Because you have already got RC.

I hope i will get RC in this month..... I have not got appeal fee yet......

Favour100

Post by Favour100 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:44 pm

Hi Favour100,

What I see in your case is not something you need to panic about. I will suggest you book appointment with your country passport office for a new passport if you get it then you can send it to the HO and request for a reconsideration. The validity of your passport is more important to any official authority than a driver's license. Don't forget that copy of the passport was taken to issue a provisional license and your license can expire in 10 years time from date of issue compared to a passport that can expire in 5 years. HO have their reason too but I will suggest you apply for a renewal passport with your embassy and that should do it for you without going to court nor involving any third party.[/quote]

Thanks Olapounds for help and God bless you, but what i am confuse about is my passport was retained by HO for no reason, they also said apart from valid passport that there is no national identity or any other documents to prove my identity, but there was a valid drivers licence to prove my identity, She further wrote that if i can provide any other prove of my identity i can submit a new application, it means she did nt see my drivers licence

And there is no way i can renew my passport without the old one that was retained by the case worker, my country embassy are so desperate to see that

What do you think i am thinking of submitting a new Applicaation and appeal with my Full Uk drivers licence and my country drivers licence?
By God grace i know i am going to win this case
Seek You Shall Find, Ask you shall Be Given, Knock The Doors Shall be Open For You... Said The Lord God Almighty

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Post by OlaDPounds » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:21 pm

Favour100 wrote:Hi Favour100,

What I see in your case is not something you need to panic about. I will suggest you book appointment with your country passport office for a new passport if you get it then you can send it to the HO and request for a reconsideration. The validity of your passport is more important to any official authority than a driver's license. Don't forget that copy of the passport was taken to issue a provisional license and your license can expire in 10 years time from date of issue compared to a passport that can expire in 5 years. HO have their reason too but I will suggest you apply for a renewal passport with your embassy and that should do it for you without going to court nor involving any third party.

Thanks Olapounds for help and God bless you, but what i am confuse about is my passport was retained by HO for no reason, they also said apart from valid passport that there is no national identity or any other documents to prove my identity, but there was a valid drivers licence to prove my identity, She further wrote that if i can provide any other prove of my identity i can submit a new application, it means she did nt see my drivers licence

And there is no way i can renew my passport without the old one that was retained by the case worker, my country embassy are so desperate to see that

What do you think i am thinking of submitting a new Applicaation and appeal with my Full Uk drivers licence and my country drivers licence?
By God grace i know i am going to win this case

I will like to ask you a question first and the question is did you make the photocopies of all documents submitted to the home office?
Life is a race so run it well

teetee4Z

Post by teetee4Z » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:58 am

Hi everyone, I noticed those that have won their appeal only post that they have won without sharing the experience of the court room, questions asked or the overall experience at d site of the appeal, unlike the earlier post by the moderator of the appeal time line and the initial contributors who shared their experiences so that those of us that r yet to go for a hearing can b well prepared and also win our appeals.

I think that was the original purpose why this post was formed, so pls guys those of you that have won your appeal share your appeal hearing experiences with those of us that are yet to go for a hearing.

Thanks guyz
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Post by OlaDPounds » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:55 am

teetee4Z wrote:Hi everyone, I noticed those that have won their appeal only post that they have won without sharing the experience of the court room, questions asked or the overall experience at d site of the appeal, unlike the earlier post by the moderator of the appeal time line and the initial contributors who shared their experiences so that those of us that r yet to go for a hearing can b well prepared and also win our appeals.

I think that was the original purpose why this post was formed, so pls guys those of you that have won your appeal share your appeal hearing experiences with those of us that are yet to go for a hearing.

Thanks guyz
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Teetee4z,

Thank you for your comment and you have really make the right points there and hopefully members whom have won and who are yet to will share their experiences/timeline/preparation/Questions/responses with every member of the forum.

So please every member of the forum we await your appeal timeline/experiences/question and responses and your outcome of the hearing.

Let's keep the forum lively and we shouldn't forget in the last 7 months how we that later appeal during this period learn from the other member because they were sharing and advising us all with every information possible and glory be to God we are in the possible to assist others as well. I can see that the gurus and the senior members have given us the junior and the new members the chance to share our experience and also learn from one another so please let's keep it up. Cheer

appealalready

Post by appealalready » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:12 pm

teetee4Z wrote:Hi everyone, I noticed those that have won their appeal only post that they have won without sharing the experience of the court room, questions asked or the overall experience at d site of the appeal, unlike the earlier post by the moderator of the appeal time line and the initial contributors who shared their experiences so that those of us that r yet to go for a hearing can b well prepared and also win our appeals.

Thanks guyz
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Would knowing whether or not the court room had heating or air conditioning make a difference? The questions asked by the Home Office solicitors are specific to your individual case and the reasons for their refusal. With 75-90% of appeals being won by Zambrano carers, these specifics are unlikely to make a difference. At the end of the day, the judge is looking at whether or not you are credible and that to deny you the card results in you and your British child leaving the UK.

appealalready

Post by appealalready » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:32 pm

RanaJee wrote:@appealalready

Congratulation for your RC.
would you please share when did you get your appeal fee (£140). Because you have already got RC.

I hope i will get RC in this month..... I have not got appeal fee yet......
@RanaJee,

I am still waiting for the appeal fee, but I emailed a pre action letter again this week. I usually get a response letter every week from the Home Office whenever I make a complaint, and action has usually been taken. I am hoping they will send the cheque this week, as well.

teetee4Z

Post by teetee4Z » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:47 pm

appealalready wrote:

Thanks guyz
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Would knowing whether or not the court room had heating or air conditioning make a difference? The questions asked by the Home Office solicitors are specific to your individual case and the reasons for their refusal. With 75-90% of appeals being won by Zambrano carers, these specifics are unlikely to make a difference. At the end of the day, the judge is looking at whether or not you are credible and that to deny you the card results in you and your British child leaving the UK.
No need being sarcastic, no one needs to know the room temperature of the court but being that most pple have never been there it would be nice to know what to expect.

Yes I know questions are subject to individual cases but when experiences are shared it could help someone going thru the same situation.

If smone just write here that they won their appeal, how is it helping anyone but if they share their experience in the court room am sure 1 out of 10pple wld ve d same case as them and would gain from their contribution.

Others that shared their experiences of course know that questions are based on individual cases but still shared cuz they know smone will definitely gain from it.

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Post by OlaDPounds » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:06 pm

appealalready wrote:

Thanks guyz
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

@appealalredy I don't know how or what mood you are when responding to this particular comment by @teetee4z but you sound like you know too much and you are at the end of the learning road. We others are certified learner because we learn everyday from different people but it can be hard to learn from you if you don't handle people's comment and questions with dignity and respect. No one have asked you if there is a heating or air-conditioning in the court room and it is a common sense for everyone to know that and also no matter the cases and reason for refusal of individual cases there will always be basic general question the HO Rep Unit, Appelant barrister if any or the judge to ask appellants in the court room so answer questions with respect and dignity. Thank you.

anj03

Post by anj03 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:09 pm

Hi there OLA POUNDS and other members can any body have any idea about reconsideration request how long HO take again after submit all the relevant documents if they accept reconsideration request please :roll:

RanaJee
Newly Registered

Post by RanaJee » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:11 pm

@teetee4Z

Hi,
You are right .. If user of this forum wins the appeal should share his/hers experience. No doubt this forum is really nice specially moderators are really helpful. OlaDpounds doing very good job....

My case was really complex. Thanks allah at last i won.

In my first appeal hearing experience was really bad. It took more than 3 & half hours. we were totally exausted.

HO agent asked us everything of our daily life. some of them are weird one as well.

Some of the questions were.

Colur of blanket.... even the pattern on blanket.(took more 20 minutes to explain at the end we show picture in our mobile)
which side i sleep on the bed
about iron board. where we put..... colour of hoover
when did my wife went to see her friends. when her friend came to see.
what did i give on valentine....
where she works...... how much she earns,,,,
who put bin out side... (a lot of more questions related to this when/where, which day)
how many people attended marriage ceremony.
when did we go outside last time.
where did we go.....

they asked me a lot of more questions .. even judge asked if somebody want to go for lunch every body say no.......

i will feel good if this information helps someone.

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Post by OlaDPounds » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:41 pm

RanaJee wrote:@teetee4Z

Hi,
You are right .. If user of this forum wins the appeal should share his/hers experience. No doubt this forum is really nice specially moderators are really helpful. OlaDpounds doing very good job....

In my first appeal hearing experience was really bad. It took more than 3 & half hours. we were totally exausted.

HO agent asked us everything of our daily life. some of them are weird one as well.

Colur of blanket.... even the pattern on blanket.(took more 20 minutes to explain at the end we show picture in our mobile)
who put bin out side... (a lot of more questions related to this when/where, which day)
where did we go.....

they asked me a lot of more questions .. even judge asked if somebody want to go for lunch every body say no.......

Thank you for those information as this will help someone and the only reason the forum have been created by some genius is mainly for this and not for anyone to be nasty or treat people with no dignity or respect.

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Post by OlaDPounds » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:45 pm

anj03 wrote:Hi there OLA POUNDS and other members can any body have any idea about reconsideration request how long HO take again after submit all the relevant documents if they accept reconsideration request please :roll:
HO Anj03,

Sorry I have been skipping your message by error and the senior members must be waiting to see the junior one respond before they come in with advice if we are wrong or vice-versa.

I can't really tell you categorically how long it will take but I think you and I might need to dig in online pages to find information regarding it or if you can make a foi request to the HO maybe that will really help.

teetee4Z

Post by teetee4Z » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:24 pm

@ ranajee thank you very much for sharing that info, I for one has benefited from that.

@ olapounds, thanks a lot for the support.

appealalready

Post by appealalready » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:41 am

teetee4Z wrote:
appealalready wrote:

Thanks guyz
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
No need being sarcastic, no one needs to know the room temperature of the court but being that most pple have never been there it would be nice to know what to expect.

Yes I know questions are subject to individual cases but when experiences are shared it could help someone going thru the same situation.

If smone just write here that they won their appeal, how is it helping anyone but if they share their experience in the court room am sure 1 out of 10pple wld ve d same case as them and would gain from their contribution.

Others that shared their experiences of course know that questions are based on individual cases but still shared cuz they know smone will definitely gain from it.
@teetee4Z

Do barristers/solicitors share what questions were asked during their cases? Each case is unique and the experience will depend on the judge, the barrister present on the day, his/her preparation, etc. These details are less salient than the fact that such a large percentage of cases are against the Home Office. I am not telling you not to discuss these questions. I am making the point that you should not attack others for raising issues regarding their Zambrano appeals.

Moreover, winning in court is not the only consideration. People are losing on Zambrano and winning on Human Rights. Doesn't anyone think that a bit strange or care to discuss the implications? You seem perhaps more interested in answering questions on the day, which is fine; but, you shouldn't stifle conversation about larger issues as well.
Last edited by appealalready on Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

appealalready

Post by appealalready » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:44 am

OlaDPounds wrote:

Hi,

where did we go.....

Thank you for those information as this will help someone and the only reason the forum have been created by some genius is mainly for this and not for anyone to be nasty or treat people with no dignity or respect.
If you are making an indirect swipe at me, I will say that there should be no limit on the types of information we share. All of it can be helpful. I question why you would even want to stop relevant issues from being raised.

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Post by OlaDPounds » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:54 am

appealalready wrote:
OlaDPounds wrote:

Hi,

where did we go.....

If you are making an indirect swipe at me, I will say that there should be no limit on the types of information we share. All of it can be helpful. I question why you would even want to stop relevant issues from being raised.
No one will stop you from raising relevant issue but that have to be done in a polite manner.

appealalready

Post by appealalready » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:18 am

@OlaDPounds

1.) You and teetee47 were the two who complained about the information being shared. You became upset when I challenged you.

2.) I personally don't believe in sharing with the public direct questions that were asked during the hearing. I feel that if you have a genuine relationship with your child or your spouse, you should not need to be told sample questions the Home Office may ask. The Home Office have a right to ask questions which do not have pre-prepared answers by Zambrano applicants. Judges can often tell when people have been 'prepared' in this way, anyway. It is better to just be honest and the rest will take care of itself. You should, however, have rebuttals in place for the refusal reasons given in your refusal letter.
Last edited by appealalready on Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

appealalready

Post by appealalready » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:23 am

@anj03,

What are you asking to be reconsidered?

If your Zambrano application was refused, you can either appeal the decision with the First Tier Tribunal or resubmit a new Zambrano application. The only exceptions are under the following circumstances:

Requests sent on or after 13 November 2012
For requests sent on or after 13 November 2012, we will accept one reconsideration request if you submitted your application in the UK and the request:

-is about the grant of leave for an approved application; or
-the request relates to a decision directly affected by the Alvi judgment and was made within 3 months of the date we make a decision on your application; or
-relates to an application that was refused and you are providing new evidence to prove the date of application, providing new evidence that documents submitted with the application are genuine, or identifying relevant material which was not available to the caseworker but was received by the Home Office before the decision date.

Furthermore, it appears Zambrano is not in scope:

Scope of policy
This policy applies to applications in the UK in the following categories:

-all points-based system applications;
-all further limited leave to remain applications, any application correctly made on a form with a prefix 'FLR';
-all indefinite leave to remain applications, any application correctly made on a form with a prefix 'SET';
-transfer of conditions (TOC); and
-no time limit (NTL).

anj03

Post by anj03 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:12 pm

Hi and thanks for reply (appealalready) I ask here about eea2 application bcoz HO refuse my EEA2 application in dec2013 and I make a request re consideration make in dec2013 they send me letter on 20th jan2014 for supporting documents I submit that as well before deadline and till now I not hear form them its two weeks now to send them all the supporting documents u have any idea how long they take to make new decision please :cry:

teetee4Z

Post by teetee4Z » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:25 pm

@ appeal already

Now you are talking,you have just said yourself you dont want to share questions that where asked, no problem at least we now know where you stand.

If you read my first post correctly, you wouldn't see anywhere I mentioned issues should not be discussed, I instead asked for issues to b discussed including individual experiences faced in court, instead of just stating the simple fact of winning an appeal.

you might believe if you r genuine etc you wouldn't have a problem, then why in the first place was the application refused? Or do you think everyone that have their appeal dismissed is not in a genuine r/ship.

Meanwhile we aren't all Zambrano applicants.So pls I made a general request not attack as you insinuated, for experiences to b shared, allow those that want to to please share.

Meanwhile there are no barristers/solicitors on this forum, am sure if they have a forum of their own they will share questions with one another.

RanaJee
Newly Registered

Post by RanaJee » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:53 pm

HI, can anybody tell me how long normally does it take to issue RC after getting refund of appeal hearing fee.
I've got refund of £140 about 2 weeks ago.

Please share your experience.

Smpatel
Newly Registered

Post by Smpatel » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:36 pm

Hi guys I need desperate help I have applied my case in 7 July 2012 on the basis of zambrano and it's been rejected on 3of February 2014 . I have applied through solicitor he advised me to apply zambrano as well as second application he advised me to do SET O both application cost me £7000 now one has been rejected with no right to Appel but home office said I can make fresh application for zambrano . I have still set o pending. Now mt right of work has gone as it was based on zambrano. My solicitor is advising me to go to either juridical review . Or apply further evidence in set o as I have stress related issues in my private life and involve social worker and take report from them and submit to them report.
I am in uk from 1999 I came as illegal. I mate my British partner 2007 .I have daughter in 2009. All I made mistake is I have shown my fake British passport and told truth to solicitor and he did submitted with my application to home office. So if I make new application on eea2 will they again punish me.
Need urgent help help help

appealalready

Post by appealalready » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:06 pm

anj03 wrote:Hi and thanks for reply (appealalready) I ask here about eea2 application bcoz HO refuse my EEA2 application in dec2013 and I make a request re consideration make in dec2013 they send me letter on 20th jan2014 for supporting documents I submit that as well before deadline and till now I not hear form them its two weeks now to send them all the supporting documents u have any idea how long they take to make new decision please :cry:
Hi anj03,

I am surprised they are willing to reconsider your eea2 application after they refused it. I still don't understand why you did not appeal the refusal instead of asking for a reconsideration.

There are no strict deadlines on reconsideration requests, it seems. You are, perhaps, at the mercy of the caseworker.

If I were you, I would send them a letter explaining why you need a decision and/or card. Tell them why your situation is urgent and provide a phone number and/or email address for them to contact you.

appealalready

Post by appealalready » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:10 pm

@ Smpatel,

Why was your Zambrano rejected with no right of appeal?
How can you have FLR(O) and Zambrano pending at the same time?

If you want to work, reapply for Zambrano and get a new Certificate of Application. That will allow you to work, assuming your employer accepts it.