ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eu Treaty files waiting time - EU1 or EU1A

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Eu Treaty files waiting time - EU1 or EU1A

Post by Angel99 » Sat Aug 24, 2024 6:09 pm

Hi,

Yes the application will be accepted. That's how most people do it anyway when they don't have their own accommodation yet. Just make sure you don't spread the news.

barbosa8
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by barbosa8 » Wed Aug 28, 2024 12:02 pm

Hi All,

I have been living in Ireland, Cork since 2022 April.
I came with Stamp 2 (English Language course)
Then I obtained Stamp 1 with general employment permit.

Now I am getting married with my EU partner in November 2024 and will apply to EU Treaty.

As I already have stamp 1, do I need to fill the forms and send it or should I just go to Garda station?

Thank you

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Aug 28, 2024 1:51 pm

barbosa8 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 12:02 pm
Hi All,

I have been living in Ireland, Cork since 2022 April.
I came with Stamp 2 (English Language course)
Then I obtained Stamp 1 with general employment permit.

Now I am getting married with my EU partner in November 2024 and will apply to EU Treaty.

As I already have stamp 1, do I need to fill the forms and send it or should I just go to Garda station?

Thank you
You still have to fill in the forms.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Terry68
Newly Registered
France

Post by Terry68 » Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:42 pm

Hi there send in my EUTR4 forms for the review of the EUTR1 application seems they are now considering my UN 1951 Travel document they asked the colour copies and confirmation of my refugee status in France , kids births certificates and their passport photos they replied after 2 days by email to my solicitor . Any idea how long the review process take .

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Thu Aug 29, 2024 3:40 am

Terry68 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:42 pm
Hi there send in my EUTR4 forms for the review of the EUTR1 application seems they are now considering my UN 1951 Travel document they asked the colour copies and confirmation of my refugee status in France , kids births certificates and their passport photos they replied after 2 days by email to my solicitor . Any idea how long the review process take .
Hi,
Only the case worker can tell you the timeframe but If you provide them all what they requested for it shouldn't take long since your application was not refused based on your marriage or your spouse's activities in the state.

Terry68
Newly Registered
France

Post by Terry68 » Thu Aug 29, 2024 6:08 am

Hi
Ok so I think within the 15 days period they noted .

Thank u

notme
Ireland

Post by notme » Mon Sep 02, 2024 1:22 pm

Is the delay in EUTR1A application due to which older IRP expired counted as reckonable for Citizenship? The applicant was eligible for citizenship before the IRP expired but die to delay and no temporary permission was out if IRP for 4 months.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Sep 03, 2024 7:15 am

notme wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2024 1:22 pm
Is the delay in EUTR1A application due to which older IRP expired counted as reckonable for Citizenship? The applicant was eligible for citizenship before the IRP expired but die to delay and no temporary permission was out if IRP for 4 months.
i wouldn't expect that, as for EUTR1A you're not a partner automatically (like with marriage), they have to acknowledge it. As they haven't accepted it yet, time for citizenship (as EU citizen partner) hasn't started.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

notme
Ireland

Post by notme » Tue Sep 03, 2024 11:10 am

Thank you meself2 for the reply..Appreciate your response even more as this is only related to EUTR in some way.

The applicant is not applying as a partner of EU Citizen but as 5 years in ireland on different stamps (mostly 1g and 1) The reckonable residence (on 1g and 1) finished 31 November 2023, the acknowledgement of EUTR1A was on 1 of Decemeber and the IRP expired 2 december.

EUTR1A was refused in April. so the applicant got themselves a CSEP and stamp1 IRP in April 2024.

Now the applicant want to apply for citizenship. my question is around if the time between december and april, when applicant didnt had an IRp but also didnt leave Ireland (no stamp on passport to prove that they didnt leave) would still make them eligible for citizenship.

bingopingo
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by bingopingo » Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:46 pm

Here's my timeline:

Date of Application: Aug 12, 2024
Date of Acknowledgement letter sent: Sep 06, 2024
Date of Stamp 4 received: TBD
Date of final approval or refusal: Sep 06, 2024
If refused Reason for refusal: N/A

We received full approval with the acknowledgment letter in basically 24 calendar days; it was not a temporary EU4Fam Stamp. The letter invited us to make an appointment at ISD in Dublin, the current wait period is for a solid two months - longer than it took for a decision on the main EUTR1A application. We have to wait until early November to register residence.

Question 1: What's the chance I can call the Toll Free Number every now and then and try to get a sooner appointment? I assume it's the influx of international students looking for registering their status at the Immigration Office that's clogging up the schedule.

Question 2: Can we travel outside Ireland with only this letter, or do we absolutely have to wait until we get the Stamp EU4Fam? Partner requires visa to enter Ireland given his nationality.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Sep 12, 2024 9:59 pm

bingopingo wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:46 pm
What's the chance I can call the Toll Free Number every now and then and try to get a sooner appointment? I assume it's the influx of international students looking for registering their status at the Immigration Office that's clogging up the schedule
You can try, but I doubt they can just rebook you - you may need to cancel your existing one first and it's very risky.
bingopingo wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:46 pm
Can we travel outside Ireland with only this letter, or do we absolutely have to wait until we get the Stamp EU4Fam? Partner requires visa to enter Ireland given his nationality.
He won't be let back without an IRP card - airlines won't let him on a plane back, as IRP (or a visa) is what confirms the status.