ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea2 wait

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kuka

Post by kuka » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:52 pm

rebel82 wrote:A friend of mine applied 19 months ago and he got this week...
:shock: wow it a really long time!

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:50 pm

yes it is He promised that he will never ever send his passport any where far from him... :lol:

Morpheo

Post by Morpheo » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:25 pm

Hi Guys,

I have applied for my PR on the 20th of August, got my COA in a week but still waiting for a decision.

it seems that my application passed the required documents checking, hence recieved the COA.

I have called the HO to check for a progress and they said that it is not yet assigned to a case worker, so I don't think everything is blue.

I know that it is only two months since I applied but I went through the pain of waiting for my previous application for 9 months and I really need my passport as it is compromising my business.

We are hearing a lot of pain from applications submitted prior June 2009, I wonder if anyone has applied in June 2009 and not yet received a decision.

anyone?

kuka

Post by kuka » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:01 pm

Morpheo wrote:Hi Guys,

I have applied for my PR on the 20th of August, got my COA in a week but still waiting for a decision.

it seems that my application passed the required documents checking, hence recieved the COA.

I have called the HO to check for a progress and they said that it is not yet assigned to a case worker, so I don't think everything is blue.

I know that it is only two months since I applied but I went through the pain of waiting for my previous application for 9 months and I really need my passport as it is compromising my business.

We are hearing a lot of pain from applications submitted prior June 2009, I wonder if anyone has applied in June 2009 and not yet received a decision.

anyone?
Morpheo, people here waiting decision since last year :) what can I say about June 2009 :)

Morpheo

Post by Morpheo » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:55 pm

Hi kuka,

I hope by your reply you are aware of the new process introduced on June 2009 and the number of people informing of applications decided withing 3 months ever since.

While people who have applied before June 2009 is a fact that the service is crap, I am hoping that the service has improved since June 2009

kuka

Post by kuka » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:09 pm

Morpheo wrote:Hi kuka,

I hope by your reply you are aware of the new process introduced on June 2009 and the number of people informing of applications decided withing 3 months ever since.

While people who have applied before June 2009 is a fact that the service is crap, I am hoping that the service has improved since June 2009
Morpheo, I've heared about "new improved" process, but i'm not sure whether it is another publicity stunt. I really hope you'll be lucky and receive good news within 3 month as promised!
However I don't think it is fear to abandon oustanding applications...

Sarah T

Post by Sarah T » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:09 pm

If the application after June 2009 is being 'fast tracked', then I would be more than happy to withdraw my application from Feb2009 and re-send it again.

So, Morpheo, it just doesn't make sense to let people who have been waiting for year/months to stay waiting, whilst the people applied recently get preferential treatment. Plus, it doesn't cost anything to apply, I think if they do what you think they do, then they will have tons of withdrawal and re-submitted cases! Which doesn't help with the so-called 'backlog'!

kuka

Post by kuka » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:18 pm

Sarah T wrote:If the application after June 2009 is being 'fast tracked', then I would be more than happy to withdraw my application from Feb2009 and re-send it again.

So, Morpheo, it just doesn't make sense to let people who have been waiting for year/months to stay waiting, whilst the people applied recently get preferential treatment. Plus, it doesn't cost anything to apply, I think if they do what you think they do, then they will have tons of withdrawal and re-submitted cases! Which doesn't help with the so-called 'backlog'!
Totaly agree with you Sarah T! If it will happend they will be in square one again :)

Morpheo

Post by Morpheo » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:22 pm

I would have agreed with you but don't forget that an initial check is done again to see if you have all the required documents.

I don't think anyone who have applied and waited for 6 months will take the risk anyway, but I know for a fact tracking many forums that EE2 applications submitted after June 2009 have been processed within 3 months.

Now, I am wondering about EEA4 hence asking the questionn

kkk01

Post by kkk01 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:14 pm

Morpheo wrote:I would have agreed with you but don't forget that an initial check is done again to see if you have all the required documents.

I don't think anyone who have applied and waited for 6 months will take the risk anyway, but I know for a fact tracking many forums that EE2 applications submitted after June 2009 have been processed within 3 months.

Now, I am wondering about EEA4 hence asking the questionn

Morpheo is right here.99% of people that I know who submitted after june got it already. Shockingly my close pal got his within 11 days!
Its factual that HO now checks all the application upon submission hence rejects any application which does meet their criteria (e.g proper documentation). Consequently, another Office, Caseworker teams have been assigned for this thus making it easier/faster for these new applications (June 2009) to be decided on time.
Sadly the waiting continues for us "the old cargos". (no pun intended) :(

yemco
Nigeria

Post by yemco » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:01 pm

i call HO today about an update on my eea2 application,the lady on the phone told me it is with the caseworking team.i want to ask how long will it take the caseworking team to dicide an application?

kkk01

Post by kkk01 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:23 pm

yemco wrote:i call HO today about an update on my eea2 application,the lady on the phone told me it is with the caseworking team.i want to ask how long will it take the caseworking team to dicide an application?
Funny HO! Well I think the response is generic, I was told same thing in August and here we are (October). :(
I can't trust those HO guys with their stunts anymore.

kamello
Newly Registered

Post by kamello » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:50 pm

kampk121 wrote:
aamir4ug wrote:????????????????????????????????
Hi Aamir sorry for the delay. I wa busy a bit. but I have already send u the complaint copy in ur Email.. let me know if u got it.
good luck.
kam.

hi,there

as my wife still waiting for her document 14 months now iwonder if you could kindly send me a copy of coplaint letter.thank you very much
gooddrive@hotmail.co.uk

msmoby_ru

Re: EEA2

Post by msmoby_ru » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:41 am

Eric-Poole wrote:No, applications for spouse of British Citizen go through a different system. EEA2 only apply to spouse of EU immigrants in the UK.

Cheers, Eric
Not necessarily.. if your UK partner has exercised treaty rights in a third EU/EEA state - for six months or more - a UK citizen CAN be the 'sponsor' for his non-EU dependants.

I'm a UK citizen who's doing it..

kuka

Post by kuka » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:04 am

yemco wrote:i call HO today about an update on my eea2 application,the lady on the phone told me it is with the caseworking team.i want to ask how long will it take the caseworking team to dicide an application?
Same thing with me, as kkk01 said, every time I am calling to HO, they are saying is still with case worker since 6 Aug :(

SAJJ
Newly Registered

EEA 2 MUCH WAIT

Post by SAJJ » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:10 pm

Hi Kuka,

Have you heard anything from HO ? Did you call them ? I know that your case is with the case working team since 6th August.Did they give you the case working team`s reference, mine is with LN7 team since 20th Aug 09, and have you send your caseworking team any complaint directly ?

Plz let me know

kuka

Re: EEA 2 MUCH WAIT

Post by kuka » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:16 pm

SAJJ wrote:Hi Kuka,

Have you heard anything from HO ? Did you call them ? I know that your case is with the case working team since 6th August.Did they give you the case working team`s reference, mine is with LN7 team since 20th Aug 09, and have you send your caseworking team any complaint directly ?

Plz let me know
Hi Sajj,

I am calling to HO every week and e-mailing complaints. Yes, they did say me my caseworker's team reference, which is LNC2 and managed to get their fax number, so I did fax them, but no one replied (so typical)! Really frustrated now and tired of waiting. :(
How your things are going?

Sarah T

Post by Sarah T » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:30 pm

Hi guys,

Thought I share mine too - just called Border Agency again this week, wanted them to re-issue me another CoA (as spouse now - I initially applied as unmarried partners) so that I can show to potential employers if need be, the person on the phone told me that my case is with the case working team like you guys and gave me a fax numbers. The ref she gave me was LNC3.

Similarly, have faxed my enquiry in and no response. Why am I not surprised at all.

kuka

Post by kuka » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:08 pm

Sarah T wrote:Hi guys,

Thought I share mine too - just called Border Agency again this week, wanted them to re-issue me another CoA (as spouse now - I initially applied as unmarried partners) so that I can show to potential employers if need be, the person on the phone told me that my case is with the case working team like you guys and gave me a fax numbers. The ref she gave me was LNC3.

Similarly, have faxed my enquiry in and no response. Why am I not surprised at all.
Sarah T welcome aboard!

SAJJ
Newly Registered

EEA 2 MUCH WAIT

Post by SAJJ » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:40 pm

Hi Kuka

Same here. we are all sailing in the same boat... :?:

kuka

Post by kuka » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:44 pm

SAJJ wrote:Hi Kuka

Same here. we are all sailing in the same boat... :?:
So sad though....
Keep me posted about any progress at all! ;)

kkk01

Post by kkk01 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:06 pm

kuka wrote:

Plz let me know
Hi Sajj,

I am calling to HO every week and e-mailing complaints. Yes, they did say me my caseworker's team reference, which is LNC2 and managed to get their fax number, so I did fax them, but no one replied (so typical)! Really frustrated now and tired of waiting. :(
Hiya Kuka,
We seem to have something in common here. My casewoker's team reference is LNC2 as well and I have since sent in a fax inquiry, but all too helpless as it stand now.
We just have to be positive I reckon. :roll:

kuka

Post by kuka » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:07 pm

kkk01 wrote:
kuka wrote:

Plz let me know
Hi Sajj,

Hiya Kuka,
We seem to have something in common here. My casewoker's team reference is LNC2 as well and I have since sent in a fax inquiry, but all too helpless as it stand now.
We just have to be positive I reckon. :roll:
wow, that's getting more and more interesting :D

yemco
Nigeria

Post by yemco » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:03 pm

Plz let me know
call HO today again to ask about an update of my application.they game me my case working team reference number as LNC17,the lady told me they send a letter to me since 17th of september.uptill now i have not recieve any letter.don't know wot to do again.

mastersimon
Newly Registered

help

Post by mastersimon » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:10 pm

hello everyone
i've applied for ee2 last september and got a letter from them today
asking for more evidence of my eea wifes founds
( evidence that your client's eea family member is exercising Treaty rights in the united kingdom )
now she's not working cos looking after our baby that was born 14 months ago,
i've been working and suporting my family for the last 16 months
does anybody know if i'll send my payslips and bank statments to them will that do the job ? by the way im a latvian non-citizen and she's a lithuanian national who had completed continius 12 months employment
thank you for your help
simon