ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ash2006
United Kingdom

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by ash2006 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:40 pm

TO SAF786

HAVE they actually said that your application is on hold?
Spouse Visa
Entered UK 10/06/14
Flrm applied Feb 2017
Expires 19 August 2019
Ilr application submitted 17/07/2019
Appointment bio metric super priority-31 July 2019

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:47 pm

ash2006 wrote:TO SAF786

HAVE they actually said that your application is on hold?
They did but that was before we submitted the additional docs the asked for.. They said if we submit those docs then it may not need to be on hold ... I got an email in December to say itl be assessed on its turn then after a week I emailed them and they replied saying Your application is being processed with ongoing routine enquiries and results are yet to be received.

samera123

Post by samera123 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:51 pm

Saf, how long do they take to reply back? I emailed them last wednesday...cant believe this!!

ash2006
United Kingdom

Post by ash2006 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:53 pm

WELL im hoping my wife application is not hold, it shouldnt be, and they havent mentioned it in the letter they sent to my mp on my behalf, all they said it routine checks and the usual bull
Spouse Visa
Entered UK 10/06/14
Flrm applied Feb 2017
Expires 19 August 2019
Ilr application submitted 17/07/2019
Appointment bio metric super priority-31 July 2019

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:15 pm

I e-mailed them today too to ask about my wife's application. I'll see what they say.

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:15 pm

To Shah

Congratulations, thats great to hear masha Allah. Please rememeber us in your prays.
Submitted Application: Feb 2012
Application Refused: Jul 2012
Appealed: Unsuccessfull
Reapplied: 27th Sep 2013
Application hold - Jan 2014
RFC: 26th August 2014
Result: Alhamdulillah Visa Granted - All thanks to Allah and your prayers

Sameena akhtar
Member of Standing

Post by Sameena akhtar » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:18 pm

shah183 wrote:Hey every oneeeeee :)
Thanks to Almighty Allah dat my visa has been granted :D
thanks to everyone who supported me in dis hard time. Alwayshope, Hello786 n eveyone else who r waiting to meet their other halves will get their visas soon IA.
I would like to share my case dat i overstayed in UK for two n half months n also didnt get English translation for nikkah nama (i submitted Urdu one n d one frm union council). I wasn't worried abt rest ov d things.
regards,
CONGRATS XX

Please do dua for the rest of.us!!

Im starting to get really stressed now! :(

Naila

Post by Naila » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:40 pm

Slam shah183

Congrats for der visa, may Allah give u al der happiness in ur married lyf ameen.

Please also do dua for all of us waitin we also hear gd news soon inshallah.

samera123

Post by samera123 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:00 pm

Same here sis Sameena I don't understand what to do!! its already been 7 months now how much more r we suppose to wait?! and can u pls tell me do they really take 20 days to reply???

newbie1213

Post by newbie1213 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:07 pm

samera123 wrote:Same here sis Sameena I don't understand what to do!! its already been 7 months now how much more r we suppose to wait?! and can u pls tell me do they really take 20 days to reply???

That's what it said in my e-mail from last week too. It's pretty standard procedure but that's what makes me think they don't even bother to read your emails and just generate an automated response no matter what your query is if you're just looking for an update

shah183

Post by shah183 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:48 pm

Alwayshope, Naila, Sameena Akhtar,
Thanks u loads for wishing me. Everyone is in my prayers dat u meet ur partners soon IA bcoz i knw dis pain..
Submitted from Lahore: 24-09-2013
Under process at BHC : 07-10-2013
RFC: -------------------- 13-01-2014
Collected on: ---------- 15-01-2014
Outcome: Visa Granted :)

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:51 pm

thanks to everyone who supported me in dis hard time. Alwayshope, Hello786 n eveyone else who r waiting to meet their other halves will get their visas soon IA.
I would like to share my case dat i overstayed in UK for two n half months n also didnt get English translation for nikkah nama (i submitted Urdu one n d one frm union council). I wasn't worried abt rest ov d things.
regards,
Congrats and best wishes for yur future. The nikkah nama from union council, is that half in english?
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:52 pm

regards,
Congrats and best wishes for yur future. The nikkah nama from union council, is that half in english?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:43 pm

I am not at all surprised that applications are taking to long to be dealt with in Pakistan,cos reading all the posts here, it appears they are spending so much time responding to people emails about their applications, they don't have enough time to deal with the applications itself :roll:

shah183

Post by shah183 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:05 am

tallojani wrote:
regards,
Thank u for ur wishes. Marriage certifcate by union council is both in Enhlish n Urdu (It covers many points frm original nikkah nama bt not all ov dem).

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:17 am

batleykhan wrote:I am not at all surprised that applications are taking to long to be dealt with in Pakistan,cos reading all the posts here, it appears they are spending so much time responding to people emails about their applications, they don't have enough time to deal with the applications itself :roll:
So agree with yu on this plus sending email is pointless but stil so many people are doing it.

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:22 am

shah183 wrote:
tallojani wrote:
regards,
Thank u for ur wishes. Marriage certifcate by union council is both in Enhlish n Urdu (It covers many points frm original nikkah nama bt not all ov dem).
Does that mean all three fotmats are needed? I only sent nikkah nama with marriage certificate, my cousin is thinking to apply in summer it would help him.

shah183

Post by shah183 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:55 pm

I think its better to submit English translation wiv marriage certificate by union council. In my case i didn't submit English translation and it was ok.

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:58 pm

Hey guys just thought I'd let u no that the mp got back to me today and told me that he has sent an email direct to the home office on my husbands behalf... And will let us no as soon as he gets anything back ... Praying it's good news inshAllah

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:13 pm

tallojani wrote:
batleykhan wrote:I am not at all surprised that applications are taking to long to be dealt with in Pakistan,cos reading all the posts here, it appears they are spending so much time responding to people emails about their applications, they don't have enough time to deal with the applications itself :roll:
So agree with yu on this plus sending email is pointless but stil so many people are doing it.
However people are not taking heed of this

I can tell them the only response they will get is a bog standard reply.

Sometime they even don't read the email,the response is done automatically.

It is taking upto 6 months to deal with an application now.A lot of peoples applications are put on hold as the applicant knows they are not earning over 18600,but still go ahead and apply ( The figure I got was some 70% of applicants have done this)

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:05 pm

The only reason I've e-mailed them again is to ask for the status of the application.

I have read about members getting put on hold, and not even being notified via e-mail/phone that their application is on hold. A let down by the BHC on their part in my opinion. There is no harm in e-mailing, and I can understand that the e-mail responses from the BHC are automated, yet shouldn't they e-mail directly in response to the application in question? I guess not as it probably costs them time/money and they have targets to meet.

In some cases it's surprising how they reject an application due to some documents not being evidenced, yet the applicants have submitted them??

So, you can see the frustration that then leads to e-mails being sent.

Naila

Post by Naila » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:36 pm

Slam pray4us,,, wen n whr did u apply ur application

sara567
Newly Registered

Post by sara567 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:45 pm

Hello everyone, I'v been reading post in this forum since yesterday and decided to ask a question regarding my husband's visa application.
My husband applied from islamabad in 24th December and his passport status is still on " application forwarded to islamabad oc " .Please advise and help me what to do? Should I e-mail and ask for the update? Is there anyone in the same boat as me?
Please help

Naila

Post by Naila » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:54 pm

sara567 wrote:Hello everyone, I'v been reading post in this forum since yesterday and decided to ask a question regarding my husband's visa application.
My husband applied from islamabad in 24th December and his passport status is still on " application forwarded to islamabad oc " .Please advise and help me what to do? Should I e-mail and ask for the update? Is there anyone in the same boat as me?
Please help

Hey Sara mines changed after 3 weeks bt if urs hast changed after a month den email n find out bt to be honest no point emailin dey dnt even bother replyin bk.

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:13 pm

To sara567

Dont worry about your status not changing. I have heard this has happened to some applicants, however there applications were under process when they contacted embassy.

But just to keep your mind at ease best to contact embassy and explain to them that your status has not changed and ask them is it under process.
Submitted Application: Feb 2012
Application Refused: Jul 2012
Appealed: Unsuccessfull
Reapplied: 27th Sep 2013
Application hold - Jan 2014
RFC: 26th August 2014
Result: Alhamdulillah Visa Granted - All thanks to Allah and your prayers